Calculated Fields 04-18-07

We're helping someone with a relatively basic requirement for CRM, but
they've thrown two awkward ones into the mix.   The first of which is a
desire to use some custom fields on an entity which are then automatically
totalled.

e.g.  when they do a quote each item on the quote (free entry) has a custom
field for the cost to the organisation of providing the service.   On the
main quote screen/report they need these to be totalled, in the same way
that the built-in sell-price fields are.

Is this possible without reaching for Visual Studio?  I've had a look
through a pile of books and every dialog I can find without turning anything
up ...

Cheers,

Pete

0
Ginger
4/18/2007 12:42:36 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Pete,

You will need to write a callout to do it, so you have to use Visual Studio.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

"Ginger Monkey" <noreply@gmsys.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> We're helping someone with a relatively basic requirement for CRM, but
> they've thrown two awkward ones into the mix.   The first of which is a
> desire to use some custom fields on an entity which are then automatically
> totalled.
>
> e.g.  when they do a quote each item on the quote (free entry) has a
> custom field for the cost to the organisation of providing the service.
> On the main quote screen/report they need these to be totalled, in the
> same way that the built-in sell-price fields are.
>
> Is this possible without reaching for Visual Studio?  I've had a look
> through a pile of books and every dialog I can find without turning
> anything up ...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pete

0
Michael
4/18/2007 3:16:02 PM
"Michael H�hne" <michael.hoehne@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Pete,
>
> You will need to write a callout to do it, so you have to use Visual
> Studio.

Ah, thought so; thanks for the confirmation.

Pete

> --
> Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
> Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
> Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

> "Ginger Monkey" <noreply@gmsys.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> We're helping someone with a relatively basic requirement for CRM, but
>> they've thrown two awkward ones into the mix.   The first of which is a
>> desire to use some custom fields on an entity which are then
>> automatically totalled.
>>
>> e.g.  when they do a quote each item on the quote (free entry) has a
>> custom field for the cost to the organisation of providing the service.
>> On the main quote screen/report they need these to be totalled, in the
>> same way that the built-in sell-price fields are.
>>
>> Is this possible without reaching for Visual Studio?  I've had a look
>> through a pile of books and every dialog I can find without turning
>> anything up ...
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Pete

0
Ginger

IIF statement pulling from wrong field
I have a query have has the 5 variations of the following IIF statement: Bag Total: IIf(" " & [Unit of Measure] & " " Like "* BAG *",[Qty],Null) this statement says to add up if the unit of measure if it is a bag. I am attempting to add another IIF statement that says =Sum(IIf([product type] Like "*printed*", [pounds], 0)) - I am trying to add up if the product type has the word printed in it total it at each customer and at the end of the report. When I use this IIF statement on my report, it is totalling the amount from the printed IIf(...

How to calculate age of a person?

Form Fields
I have created a form for use by others. I used the Text form fields format when creating the form, my problem is the main text in the form does not stay locked in place. When we try to type to fill in the form fields it moves the main body text. I have tried using the Document Protection tab and telling it to allow formatting only in the form fields but that still does not prevent the other text from moving. I did this in word 2007. Any idea on what to do to lock the main body in to allow filling in just the Form fields. Hi Michael, The simplest way to gain control over the ...

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

DCount Problem 04-01-07
This DCount Doesn't seem to returning the value I'm asking for. It's counting the number of all the checks as opposed to the number of ChkWalkouts for a server. DCount("ChkWalkOut","tblChecks","ChkServer = " & Reports!rptCashOutServer!ChkServer AND "ChkWalkOut=-1") Any help is appreciated. Thanks DS In news:QCRPh.134$Z97.132@newsfe12.lga, DS <bootybox@optonline.net> wrote: > This DCount Doesn't seem to returning the value I'm asking for. It's > counting the number of all the checks as opposed to the number...

Dynamics 4.0 slow to retrieve data when custom fields / lookups us
We've have this issue whereby if a custom field, say on the contact, is indexed, when you use advanced find, it seems to use the index. The response is acceptable. It appears however it you use the standard search bar and try the lookup, it appears that table scans are happening. Can anyone advise if we're reading the situation correctly and whether there is a way to speed up to normal search. Thanks -- C ...

Making one field bold in a concatanated string
This issue is in MS Access 2003 I have a string with the last name and first name fields concatanated. I would like to bold the last name field only. Is there anyway to do this? The standard text box in Access 2003 and earlier cannot do that. Stephen Lebans has a solution here: http://www.lebans.com/mixbold-plain.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "abnewallo" <abnewallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:519C584...

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Data Migration Framework 02-08-07
Hi, i want to import data from crm so i begin to install MDF and i do all the steps but when i want to clean CDF i find this [img]http://www.geocities.com/yanise213/crm_import.JPG[/img] my question is: the cdf_systemuser and cdf_territory are full. why any data are mapping ? ...

Copying Addresses from the To field
I thouight I had posted this but if so it's somewhere obscure so I'm trying again! I have a large number of addresses I need tyo get into a manageable format i.e. useable email addresses, a latge proportion are formatted like this: 'familiarname!<someones@somewhere>. If I copy no matter what I do it will only paste the familiar name, the address is lost. I have tried every combination I cam think of. I have about 800 addresses and it would be aweful if I have to manually edit them. Any ideas? thanks If they in the To... field, right click each individually and select Add...

Photo out of focus when inserted in Publisher 07
A perfectly in-focus photo becomes out of focus when inserted in Microsoft Publisher 07. View, Pictures, make certain Detailed Display is checked. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "The Documentalist" <The Documentalist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36D7F251-79CC-4842-AEE3-C879E81DF5B0@microsoft.com... >A perfectly in-focus photo becomes out of focus when inserted in Microsoft > Publisher 07. a perfectly in focus pic becomes out of focus in MS Publisher Posted as a reply to: Photo out of focus when inserted in Publisher 07 A perfectl...

coucou 03-06-07
Bonjour,Voici la nouvelle adresse de Rosette�+...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Access forms 10-19-07
I have built a form that has includes a lookup element at the top that will shoot you to the selected form however, I would like to be able to make my forms so that they do not scroll when the mouse wheel is used. Is there any way to lock this function and keep the form on the one selected? Banshee wrote: > I have built a form that has includes a lookup element at the top > that will shoot you to the selected form however, I would like to be > able to make my forms so that they do not scroll when the mouse wheel > is used. Is there any way to lock this function and keep the f...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

Totals For An Inside Row Field In a Pivot Table