Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi

Hi,

I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine
and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test
database).

After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger
to import the restored database.

After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error
message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current
record is not valid"  From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator

On client PC I get the following.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom
error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's
<customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

--
agilbert2003
0

Can you tell me to what domain the original and target crm systems are?

Michael Mayo

"Some One" wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine
> and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test
> database).
>

> After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger
> to import the restored database.
>

> After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error
> message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current
> record is not valid"  From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator
>

> On client PC I get the following.
>

> Server Error in '/' Application.
>
> Runtime Error
> error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
> error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
> be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
>
> Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
> on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
> configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
> application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
> set to "Off".
>
> <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
>
> <configuration>
>     <system.web>
>         <customErrors mode="Off"/>
>     </system.web>
> </configuration>
>

> Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom
> error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's
> <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.
>
> <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
>
> <configuration>
>     <system.web>
>         <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
>     </system.web>
> </configuration>
>

> --
> agilbert2003
0
bayareacrm (90)

Business Cards with my own clip art?
I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. What's stopping you? "business card with clip art" <business card with clip art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A1021E6-8340-4C26-ABCF-61944C6945BC@microsoft.com... :I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP...

Version 8.0 & PDF
I just started working with a new company. They have just updated from version 6.0 to 8.0. Everything is working ok. Before the upgrade they used the pdf option to send invoices and purchase orders. Now that option is grayed out on the print to screen display. Nothing has changed except the GP update. How can I enable the pdf option again? Thanks Are you sure you didn't upgrade Adobe to version 6.0? The button greys out on the newer Adobe version, but works fine with the older 5.0. As a workaround, you can still print to an adobe printer, it's just not as easy. -Trevor &...

Business manager
What is business manager component doing for Outlook? Thanks, Ray Which version of Outlook? There are various addins that use the words business and manager. The newest is the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-...

Odd Error Message
We just changed our CRM web site's default port of 5555 to port 80. After restarting IIS, we got this error message after loggin in: An error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks Refer to registry setting on CRM Server HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM Check ServerUrl and SQLRSServerURL (if you've SRS installed on CRM Server), you might want to remove the 5555. Good luck! "circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4115D55E-53A8-479F-86D8-1B1E755DE3E9@microsoft.com... >...

Error Handler Not Working
Hello, I have a macro that first tries to open a Word document with a particular file name that is built from various pieces of data being processed by the macro. Before attempting this, I have set the error handler: For x = 1 to 5 On Error GoTo myOpenNewDoc Set myDoc = myDocApp.Documents.Open(myDirectory & myFileName & x & ".doc") GoTo Procede myOpenNewDoc: Set myDoc = myDocApp.Documents.Add myDoc.SaveAs (myDirectory & myFileName & x & ".doc" Procede: <...> Next x The idea is to open the document if it already exists,...

Outlook express error
I am getting a periodic error message when I try to reply to various emails. The error that I am getting says "There is not enough memory" and then "Could not reply to email". When this happens, I also cannot click and drag the message into another folder. I cleaned out my "sent items" folder and my "deleted folder". When I re-boot the system, it solves the problem only temporarily. I cleaned out my "Temp" folder and all cookies as well, since I assumed that this was a problem with explorer. Nothing has worked. I currently have...

CRM 4.0 Customizations
Hi, I haev customized the LeadSourceCode pick list in the Lead entity adding new items to the list. I've published it OK and when I first go into a Lead record it loads the screen up OK. But when you go back into this record the system crashes with a Null value exception. I can't remember if this only happens after a save of the Lead record or not. Anybody else experienced anything like this. Also, how can you set up the system to provide better error logging (like you can do in sharepoint) thanks Hi Chris, I am having the same problem editing the paymenttermscode pick list....

Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities
Title: Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities Welcome to Biz-Club the UK's first truly independent internet based networking group established in 2006 for SME's, that allows you the member to choose how it can best work for you. Operate locally, regionally or nationally with all the advantages of a business networking group but almost none of the disadvantages. Enjoy membership of Biz-Club alongside your existing affiliations plus a host of other valuable benefits all at a cost far lower than that normally provided by traditional business networking groups. Be treat...

View Free/Busy Data
I have an Exchange Org that consists of three admin groups with a total of 1 server per admin group. Currently as it stands, users not able to view free/busy information from one exchange server to another. I am aware that you can accomplish this by creating replicas of your publics folders, however do not know exactly where to enable this. I do not want to replicate actual public folders, but only want users to be able to view free/busy data from users on a different exchange server. Under the system folders in the public folder, there is a folder called Schedule + Free Busy...Do I...

401k manager /problems with update
Hi, I'm using Money 2003 Deluxe Is anyone having any trouble with the "update this account" function? Whenever I enter the data: statement date, total, quantity, share price, and market value...then click "Next", it doesn't update the market value. When I go back to the previous page where you enter the data, I see that the share price reverts to the previous update value. This is getting pretty frustrating, as I haven't figured any other way to bring these 401K accounts up to date because my statements only give me total share balance and market valu...

BP3.0 SDK installation, help!
encountered Visual Studio .NET not detected ...

How can I use a different layout on a business card template?
I want to use the design on one of the business card templates (Colors), but I like the text layout on another one. Is there a simple way to remove the formatting on the Colors template, and replace it with another? I have already designed a card I like on another template, and want to copy that so I have the colors in the Color template. I am using Publisher 2003. Thank you. Copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "emichel" <emichel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621E331B-E7A7-4D11-93F3-D3991516E3F4@microsoft.com... >I ...

Outlook 2000 in Office 2000 Small Business
I have done several clean installs w/several different versions of Outlook from discs and I cannot get Outlook to open w/out crashing upon loading. All other components of Office work great. I began having problems w/Outlook when I began using Outlook Express.... Maybe they are related. Please help. ...

CRM email sends but still shows in Outbox
Hi, when I use the "CRM Email" button on the toolbar, it sends to recipients successfully, but also stays in my Outbox. I'm not working Offline. Any idea what's causing this? Thanks, Chris I am also having the same issue. Has anyone provided you with a solution/explanation for this issue? Thanks, Mike "Chris S" wrote: > Hi, when I use the "CRM Email" button on the toolbar, it sends to recipients > successfully, but also stays in my Outbox. I'm not working Offline. Any > idea what's causing this? Thanks, > > Chris U...

There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred.
There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred. Any more info... Good Newsgroup Posts: http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm How to ask a newsgroup question: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "frustratedandfedup" <frustratedandfedup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:654ED4DD-E9AA-4C87-9D91-F9162981E978@microsoft.com... > There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred. Hello F & F, To have no errors Would be ...

Win2k SBS Move PRIV1.EDB
Ran out of space on the C: drive - can you let me know how to move the .edb files to the D: drive - is it straightforward? Really straightforward: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF001.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Hades" <no@spam.ta> wrote in message news:4033352a$0$7064$ed9e5944@reading.news.pipex.net... > Ran out of space on the C: drive - can you let me know how to move the ..edb > files to the D: drive - is it straightforward? > > ...

Exchange 2003 "Move Mailbox"
Hi, Can the "Move Mailbox" wizard in a native Exchange 2003 environment move all user data (including permissions and delegations) from one administrative group to another without any losses, are there any limitations ? Thanks for your help, Luca On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 06:05:01 -0700, "Luca" <Luca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, Can the "Move Mailbox" wizard in a native Exchange 2003 environment move >all user data (including permissions and delegations) from one administrative >group to another without any losses, are there any limitatio...

Schedule free/busy
Hi there, I have one problem, All users can see others calendar. Example, when user a send a meeting invitation to user b, at the same time is sending a exchangelegacydn atribute so user b receives all calendar information about user a. I need to know how to do to every user only see availability calendar but information about the meeting. Thank you a lot for your help, I made a lot of tests but nothing worked -- Mark ...

Compiler error C2664
I am getting whole lot of Compiler Errors when i try to compile c and h files compiled under cygwin. I have to ( i must) port this c files and header files to vc++ 6.0 in order to develop my program. These are libIAX2.0 libraries. i believe its a problem with the compiler. I can t figure out what setting(s) i need to change in order for these errors to disapper. :) -------------------------- g:\work\cameleon\winpoop.h(21) : warning C4101: 'res' : unreferenced local variable g:\work\cameleon\iax.cpp(416) : error C2664: 'sendto' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const voi...

Error 3265
Do you have any idea why this error comes. I get it all the time. Everything seems to work (so far) fine, but I get that error message in all worksheets. <<HQMessageProcessor>> Error 3265: Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. (Unhandled Error) Thanks. Most common reason is that you have different versions (hotfixes) of HQ Server and HQ Client. Anytime you apply a hotfix at HQ, it must be applied to all store locations. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com --------------------...

Installing Business Portal, done, but issues
I've just installed BP 2.0...install went clean. However now when I try to access the site for the first time, I get an Invalid User error (Server Error in '/' Application. Invalid user.) I did change the bp accont to use as per the installation instructions to the "Network Service" account. Do I need to setup or add the actual users somewhere else first? I did not install the sample users. I was able to sort of login with the local server account, which is what I used to install the product. But most of the web parts show errors like the above. Chris, Wh...

Error -2147221233
We have 3 Exchange 2003 servers and about 3 months ago the public folders stopped replicating. I am receiving the following error msg on the 3 Exchange servers in the Event Viewer/Application. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: Replication Errors Event ID: 3093 Date: 8/31/2004 Time: 2:52:53 PM User: N/A Computer: SERVER_NAME_REMOVED Description: Error -2147221233 reading property 0x674b0014 on object type tbtMsgFolder from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (SERVER_NAME_REMOVED)". For more information, click http://ww...

Error 3464 with dCount
A user of one of my applications gets the error message "Run Time Error 3464 - Data type mismatch in criteria expression" from this line of code: If DCount("*", "qryDocReviewRemind") > 0 Then The error also arises if I try to print this dcount expression in the immediate window, on the user's computer. The query itself runs fine, and produces a recordset with 36 records from the current data. If I run the same database (the same physical file - not a copy of it) on my computer, this code (and the print in the immediate window) works fine. I'm at a...

Server Error in '/' Application #2
After meticulously following the installation instructions included with the MS CRM CD, I have run into the following error that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ApplicationE...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...