blank fields on record lists

My documents like accounts, cases, contacts which are listed on main page
have blank field 'priority' and some others fields. I noticed that this
problem involve only fields definied as 'pickup list' - either predefined in
MS CRM fields (like 'priority') and my customized fields. It's very heavy
problem because I can't sort these documents by category 'priority' (example)
or by my own fields.

Any ideas appreciated.

JP
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Delete blank rows Macro
Using MS Excel 2000. Help creating a macro please. I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to delete the entire row. Thanks in advance. -- Richard "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD28F95E-58CF-4961-A3AD-E37FC68AE0F4@microsoft.com... > Using MS Excel 2000. > Help creating a macro please. > > I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to > delete the entire row. > > Thanks in advance. > -- > Richard Something like Sub DeleteRowsIfBlank() Dim lrow as Long...

add a record from macro
I have on working table which is all I need two forms doing input as needed one is a start form I input a date value in this box and have several command butons controled by macros all work as needed one macro runs a query to find a matching record against the table if it can not find the date it returns a blank form correctly. I close it then want to add the value to the next record in the date field My problem is I can not seem to transfer by micro or query this value can you help? thanks ...

field data disappears
This is really strange, and I'm sure there is a simple answer. I have a field on a form that is a calculation of fields on 2 subforms. When the condition of invoice_ID is not null, data is properly displayed in the txt_balance_due field,but when the invoice_ID *is* null, the data is displayed for a split second, and then the field is blank. I have no code in the form, or any of its subforms, that refreshes or changes the data. I can't figure it out. The controlsource of txt_balance_due is: =IIf(IsNull([txt_invoice_ID]),[frm_sub_bidder_invoices].[Form]![balance_fwd]+[subform_...

Report = Blank?
Hello, I have a report that I got from this forum, and when I use it, everything is fine. The problem I am currently having though is if say I try and generate the report using RegisterID & Date then I get a blank report...if I try one or the other, then I am fine...I pretty much tried every angle with RegisterID and with Date, and nothing...any advise would be great, as I have seen this happen with other reports as well, where the final outcome is a blank report. Thank You, Vince "When I run into problems, we more often than not fix them ourselves. Can't put a price on ...

Deleting Blank Characters in a Cell
I have a list of names with email addresses of attendees of a seminar series that I am trying to compile into a list that can be copied and pasted into an email (using BCC as the methodology for emailing). The challenge that I have is that when these files were exported from the database to excel (not sure how), all of the cells contain exactly 100 characters even though the email address may only contain 13-20 characters. Is there a way to "trim" the blank characters after the last character that is used by a letter instead of blank character field? Thanks in advance! PZan --...

field chooser: deleting fields
I created new fields in several non-user-field columns (such as Contact fields). But now I can't delete them and I have too many with the same name that don't work. The "delete" button for fields in the Field Chooser is only working with the User Fields. I have scoured the web and Help resources. Nothing. Does anyone know how to delete fields from Field Chooser? Do the fields actually "live" somewhere on the computer? -- Beryl Did you create them in a view or on a custom form? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

changing a field from string to picklist
Hi, is it possible to chnage an input field from a string to a picklist, can this be done through the form customisation section? Thanks in advance Hi Emily, Unfortunately you can not change the data type. As a matter of fact, you can not even delete a field from database once created. What you should do is: - On the form (thru system customization) put the string field on the form(if alread not present), change properties and rename the Name and Lable as 'Do Not Use' on Display Tab and then click 'OK' and remove the field from the form. Advantage of this is you will ...

Blank .msg attachments
Here's an odd one, When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc, ..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used. Any ideas anyone? -- The man with no shoes. MCSE (W2K3, W2K), MCSA (W2K3, W2K), MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others.... All replies to group pleas...

Creating records in one file whilst editing another file
I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee file. Each time a record is changed I would like to create an audit record in a separate file. I do not need any input from the user when creating the record as all the information is implied (date, time, user, before and after values etc.) I would be interested to know what people think the easiest way to do this would be...?? All opinions welcome - the more the merrier. Thanks, Jon. 88Caddy wrote: >I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee >file. Each time a record is changed I would ...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that row is non-blank (or blank)? Thank you! Hi, Yes, first select your row then in your conditional formatting select "formula is" from the drop down menu and type: =ISBLANK($A1)=FALSE or =ISBLANK($A1)=TRUE depending on weather you want the condition to apply when your cell is blank or non blank. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Tilting Field in reports
I need to have a report where the top row is slanted about 45 degress into a colume. Can anybody tell me if you can change the default angle of the field box in a report? Thanks Murf ...

Listing Directory Contents in Worksheet
Is there a way to list the names of files within a directory in a worksheet? I have a directory that contains 800 files and I would like to list them within a Excel worksheet. I have tried selecting all, copy and paste but nothing happens. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul Paul, One way Option Explicit '------------------------------------------------------------------------- Public Sub Hyperlinked_Folder_List() '------------------------------------------------------------------------- Const HFL_FOLDER As String = "C:\myTest" Dim oFSO As Object Dim cLis...

Counting With Blank Rows
Hi, If I have a column of numbers like this: 4 5 6 3 7 8 9 3 2 7 4 1 4 How do I count the number of items between the blanks so it will look like I have it in the example. The number to the right and bottom is the count. So, for the numbers 4,5 6 the count is three. For 7,8 9 the count is three and for the numbers 2,7,4,1 the count is four. Is there a way to do this withoug using a macro? Thanks. Hi, You need to use the "count" function. If the rows in your example are 1-12 and the column is A, for the first group you'd type in (in column B) "=count(a1:a...

Password field
I have a macro where I want an input box to come up requesting a password. is there any way that i can make it that the text field where they input the password will mask what they put in with stars or dots? -- tkaplan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22987 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376256 You'll have to create a userform with a textbox on it. The textbox has a passwordChar property that you can set. (Simple inputbo...

how do I make drop-down list select based on 1st letter entered?
I want to create a drop-down list that will automatically highlight the correct selection when the user enters the first letter of the line. For example, 'N' would highlight 'Next Day AM', 'S' automatically highlight 'Second Day', and so on, without user having to drag his mouse down to select. Thanks in advance! If you are familiar with the Combo Box, then you can use that and it is already setup to do this. Combo Box is from the Control Toolbox toobar. "Missykender" <Missykender@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F0...

Merge Fields together
Good Afternoon All, Does anyone know of the function (if any) that allows me to merge multiple fields together Example Fields 1 to 3 have numerical information in which I need to display in a csv file as such Field example values Field 1 = 123 Field 2 = 456 Field 3 = 789 Field needs to look like this 123/456/789 (each value is breaked with a /) Thanks in advance Jai Please Ignore I worked it out for the record it is [Field 1] & "/" & [Field2] & "/" & [Field 3] "Jai_Friday" wrote: > Good Afternoon All, > > Does anyone k...

Charting blanks as spaces
I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the options...this is a little different. The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell. example: =if(D3="","",D5-D3) So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap. I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell, which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data labels>values in chart options it displays "#...

Insert Chart that changes with record
I want to insert a Line graph chart into a form that compares yearly benchmark test grades and I want it to change per record to individual students. I want the chart to show progress and digress. I have 774 records with 5 fields. Example: Math Math Literacy Literacy Student Test 2005 Test 2006 Test 2005 Test 2006 Sally O'Malley 98 63 76 85 Sheila Kay 99 85 82 88 Any help is...

Blank, yet not blank
Hi, I copied some info from a database and pasted it to Excel where I wanted to manipulate the data. I notice that some of the cells, though appearing to be blank (and not showing 0 either), still responded to a simple formula like IF(OR(A1="",A1=0),1,0) giving the answer as 1. Can anyone tell me what's happening here, as it does mean I need to unneccessarily extend the formulas to exclude these cells. Rob "Rob" wrote: > Hi, > > I copied some info from a database and pasted it to Excel where I wanted to > manipulate the data. I notice that so...

List all combinations
Setup: 5 players, 3 different colored shirts. I want to list all possible combinations on a worksheet. Something like: Alfa Bravo CharlieDelta Echo Red White Blue Red White Blue Red White Blue How can that be accomplished in VBA? Thanks in advance, Bret ...

BLANK FORM / QUERY
My database is pretty basic with tables, forms, queries etc. I'd like to display a form that allows me to type in a figure in the first field and the rest of the fields will populate automatically. I'm not sure how to create a query where the field awaits input. Thanks in advance. -- TomMurray In the query's criteria box, use square brackets: [Enter a value] or from a form: [Forms]![FormName]![txBoxName] in the first case, you will be prompted. In the second, you will only be prompted if the form isn't open. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http:/...

Blank Records in Catalog Merge
I am printing a directory with the following information: Name Child's Name Phone Number Address The records that do not have an entry under "Child's Name" are coming out like this: Name Phone Number Address (...with a blank space where the "Child's Name" field would be.) Even worse (and more confusing when reading the final document) is when the record has neither a "Child's Name" entry nor a "Phone Number" entry, and you get this: Name Address Basically, I want it to ignore the line if there is no data in the field. Accord...

share excel lists as a shared workbook
Hi, I wish to share an excel list that multiple users can add too without causing conflicts. The order of the list is not important, ie if 2 people fill in row 21 then when both save, the are changed to rows 21 and 22. thanks Dave Personally I've yet to read about anyone using Excels sharing 'capability' that hasn't had problems with it. I'd certainly never rely on it. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�------...

Blank Document no longer blank
Every time Word opens, words and a picture (that were used at one time) appear as the blank document. I cannot find any place/button/option that will remove the words or picture from the default new document HELP please! See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/blankdocnotblank.htm for tips on how to remove content from the Normal.dot(x) Hope this helps DeanH "AnaMarie" wrote: > Every time Word opens, words and a picture (that were used at one time) > appear as the blank document. I cannot find any place/button/option that will > remove the words or p...