Biztalk*(CRM+SBM+RMS) = 1 integrated system

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience with Small Business Manager? There is not much
news anywhere on how good an accounting package it is.  I want some input
from actual users....not MS bragging about how great it is....

Has anyone done an integration with CRM and Small Business Manager? MS
recommends using BizTalk...it's tough enough learning CRM...now I need to
learn BizTalk?

Being an MS partner, ideally we would like the complete system to be:
MS-CRM for customer mgmt , Small Biz Mgr for accounting, Retail Management
System for inventory AND xml services provided by a vendor for products and
pricing.

What are my chances of pulling this off?  MS makes it sounds like BizTalk is
the solution to any and all integration....I fired off a big long email on
what specifically I needed to do to MS Partner support and they replied with
"...use BizTalk..."

This newsgroup has been more helpful than anything offered by MS.

After reading all NINE training manuals on CRM (not to mention the white
papers and ITK...etc) and how wonderful and full-featured MSCRM is....then
actually using it....it is amazing how many of the features just aren't
there.

Had to by Crystal 8.5 (not the current version mind you) just to add our
logo to the reports??? That's just downright silly.

And as much as MS touted CRM as being the first "fully .Net leveraged
product by Microsoft"...installing the most current version of the framework
causes it to crash???

For those integrators and programmers more experienced than me....( ie ALL
OF YOU )...what is your honest opinion of CRM and its future?  I've read
some of the rants on here...and it doesn't sound all that good.

Is there any news on exactly what the next version will improve upon?

Take care...God bless you (and protect you) if you're running CRM. =0)

Sam

0
Sam
10/6/2003 10:08:59 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Microsoft CRM Performance Tips And Tricks
Hey everyone, I'm pleased to be able to pass on the news that we have just completed a white paper with Tips and Tricks for performance tuning in Microsoft CRM. Over the last 12 months our Partners, Support Engineers, Sustained Engineering Team and Developers have learned a ton of cool ways to maximize the performance of different Microsoft CRM deployments. We've just finished pulling all things we've learned into a white paper so that we can share them with all of you. You can download the paper from : http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/c/6/5c6107a6-ee1a-47a1-ac1b-d39ca4ca...

eConnect BizTalk Adapter on BizTalk 2006
I have read that the eConnect BizTalk Adapter for BizTalk 2004 is also compatible with BizTalk 2006, however I get an error message when running the installer: "The file or assembly name Microsoft.BizTalk.Deployment, or one of its dependencies, was not found." I know that some people are using this adapter in BT 2006 - can anyone help me get it installed in this environment? Thanks, Jess Chadwick ------=_NextPart_0001_5049ADB3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Right now we are not supporting using the eConnect BizTalk 2004 adapter with BizTalk 2006....

Ingenico Signature Pad model 3010 or i6550 to use with RMS 2.0???
I have the need to install Signature / Pin pads at a new install with RMS 2.0 for Credit Card Processing with MPS / Gift Cards/ Debit Cards. The Customer wants to record signatures on file and also use the Customer Charges for employee charges or A/R. My questions are 1.) What hardware to use? It looks like most other dealers use the Ingenico 3010 or i6550. I want to use good reliable equipment. 2.) Will the unit store signatures to view on the journals? For CCards/GiftCards/Customer charges? 3.) will the customer charges for employees be able to store signatures for doing instore char...

CRM off site
Can the CRM website for a company be loaded on a computer even if CRM isn't installed on that computer? I'm not sure what you mean? Some one accessing CRM only needs to have Internet Explorer on their computer and a domain user account that has been given a CRM license. If you wanted access to the CRM data on a computer that is not connect to the CRM server then you would need something like Sales for Outlook. Which does need to be installed. -Eric "Erin" wrote: > Can the CRM website for a company be loaded on a computer even if CRM isn't > installed on ...

Biztalk 2004 eConnect SOPTransactionType
Hello! Would like a hopefully simple answer to this. I have SOP data from a dbase... when mapping to eConnect.SopTransactionType.taSopLineIvcInsert_Items, everything maps ok, I get one entry for each line item, as I expect. However, when mapping the required fields (SopType, SopNumber, DocId, etc)... to the taSopHdrIvcInsert node, it creates "multiple" header entries (one for each line item) just like it correctly does for the taSopLineIvcInsert_Items node. I understand that I use a Cumulative Functoid to add up my DocAmt for the Header node - but how can I end up with just a "...

MS CRM Licence Problem
Hi, I have installed MS CRM 1,2 with the key from MS Certified Partner page but it provides only 5 users but i that we have 10 user access with the key behind the cd pack Can i change the licence without reinstalling MS CRM ? I tried to add new licence from CRM Deployment Manager it says enter valid key Thanks You will have to reinstall CRM. Use the 25 Character key on the back of the sleeve and register at https://mbs.microsoft.com/mbsregistration/ChooseRelationshi p.aspx >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have installed MS CRM 1,2 with the key from MS Certified Part...

CRM XSD Schemas in Biztalk
Has anyone tried to use entities xsd schemas in Biztalk? I was trying to do that but Biztalk seems to be unable to open the file correctly... any hints on that the error is related to an "... attribute not supported in this context... Thanks The integration schemas are different from the SDK schemas. This is actually an issue with BT and not with CRM. BT has its own particular flavor of XSD that it wants. I don't remember off the top of my head what the name of the sproc is that generates the BT-friendly XSD and I don't have a build handy right now. If I remember correctly the pr...

CRM Login issue
Hello, We have CRM version 3, currently all patched up, our crm clients are using Windows XP, Office 2002 (XP) with the most current Microsoft patches, and the most current CRM client. I have one person that keeps getting prompted to log in no matter what she clicks on in CRM. Example she starts outlook clicks on the CRM queue a login window pops up asking her to log in. I can either enter her login nam and password or just click cancel a few times and she is able to do her CRM work, if you close outlook and start Outlook again the first time she clicks on anything for CRM is prompt...

BizTalk Partner Edition and BizTalk AIC
I'm trying to find out more about Microsoft CRM Integration using BizTalk partner edition and to understand what is available and how to actually use it. I've done some searching on the Partner site, and MSDN and have yet to find anything of substance. In some of the training materials I have read that BizTalk Partner edition ships with MS CRM. While I have not yet searched through every CD, I don't see any obvious places where it is referenced. Any suggestions on where to look? Also in the Microsoft CRM Integration White Paper Published June 2003, on page 7 it states that th...

CRM cannot run
We had CRM loaded and the server sent to us. The person that loaded it is no longer available. What is the proper method to launch CRM on Server 2003.? if the server that is hosting it is 192.168.2.2 Thanks uhm, did you try putting that ip in Internet Explorer? -Gary "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:976a01c433a3$68405970$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We had CRM loaded and the server sent to us. The person > that loaded it is no longer available. What is the proper > method to launch CRM on Server 2003.? if the server that > is hosting...

Microsoft CRM 3.0
im wondering if crm 3.0 can be installed on a standlone box? specially without active directoy? thanks No, not without Active Directory. The smallest configuration for CRM is one server running SBS 2003. -- Brandon Smith Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com "savage" <savage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C240FDE-5360-4F76-9920-76BD013279FE@microsoft.com... > im wondering if crm 3.0 can be installed on a standlone box? specially > without active directoy? > > thanks I thought...

Possible to notify only when system jobs include errors?
On several system jobs (e.g. imports, duplicate detection jobs) you can choose for the options to let CRM send you a notification e-mail when the system job has finished. This is nice functionality. However, what would be even more useful, is being able to let CRM send you an e-mail when system jobs have failed or include errors. This would give the system administrators much more useful information. System administrators will only be 'disturbed' when something goes 'wrong'. Does anybody know whether this is possible in Dynamics CRM 4.0? End if you do, please tell me wh...

Importing My current inventory into RMS
Hi, I wonder can sombody help me - I am experimenting with the demo of RMS and would love to be able to use it with my own inventory. Currently i can export product information from my existing EPOS system into excel, i could then organise this into a format which will import into RMS. Is there some sort of template that somobody would be so kind as to email me which i can use to organise and import into RMS? Thanks for any help in advance :o) There's an unsupported import tool you can download. It works and is pretty self-explanatory. Your data doesn't need to be in any p...

CRM Mobile Express Issues
I have an issue with CRM Mobile Express access. It works, if I have no entities published. Once I publish an entity (any entity), I get this error just going to the home page: ---- Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessReque...

[Emergency!] How to set system default language by code?
Hi, all, A new feature is required to add to my program today. But I do not have any idea about it. The feature should implement these two functions: 1, Select "Install files for East Asia languages" in control panel applet "Regional and Language Option" in "Language" tabpage, then apply; 2, According to user's selection, choose "Chinese (PRC)" or "Chinese (TaiWan)" or something else for "Non-unicode application language" in "Advanced" tabpage, then apply; This feature may require Windows setup CD and may ne...

Using CRM with Exchange 2007.
1. MS CRM contacts – can we use EXCHANGE contacts folders for CRM contacts or do we have to maintain 2 databases? I want a CLEAR explanation... 2. What else within MS CRM will have to be separately maintained if we are used to using MS EXCHANGE with Outlook for all our task, contact, and calendar management ? Thanks in advance. this one has come up before ie using the exchange contacts folder in CRM. I am thinking some sort of sync solution would be nice to sync your CRM contacts back ot an exchange folder ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Eva...

When is the next Microsoft RMS Chat
Hi When is the next Microsoft RMS chat and what is the topic? Danny ------=_NextPart_0001_26D34251 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon Danny, Thank you for posting your question about the next RMS Chat. The next chat is on November 1st; and the schedule is on the RMS Using site: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/default.mspx The November 1st chat is on Physical Inventory Counts; and a direct link to sign up is: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/chats/picountsnov07.mspx Todd Berger Microsoft Online Support Engineer Get Se...

Win98-FE RichEdit 1.0 and \highlight1 not working
I want to use the RichEdit 1.0 control with an application that should work with Win98, Win2k, and WinXp, but I am experiencing problems with getting \highlight1 to work. It works fine with Win2k and WinXp, but not on a test computer with Win98-FE. I've built test programs with VC6 and VC7.1 using static mfc binding. The MyApp.rc specifics RICHEDIT, and I am invoking AfxInitRichEdit() from InitInstance. The Win98-FE test computer has riched32.dll and riched20.dll (as installed by default). I have HighlightTest.rtf that is displayed correctly with the WordPad.exe that comes with Win98-FE...

eConnect 10.0 and BizTalk 2006R2 #2
I have BizTalk 2006 R2 installed on my machine and downloaded the eConnect 10.0 installation files. But I am unable to see an option to install the BizTalk adapters. ...

1 year calendar view only?
We are using Exchange 2000 sp3. With Outlook XP and 2003. It has come to our attention that the client computers are only able to view 1 year of data in the calendar. This is true through both versions of outlook, however using OWA I can view all items. I have looked through Outlook (both versions) for view settings and I am not able to find any settings. However with the 2 versions having the same problem I am wondering if there is anything in Exchange that will cause this. Thank you in advance, Mikel Robinson Can you expand on what you mean by "view 1 year of data in the calen...

CRM Migration Framework
Has anyone used the CRM migration framework to migrate ACT! data into MS CRM ? Did you manage to migrate the ACT! Notes data? as this appears to be missing from the mappings. Thanks. Martin.H If you're looking for richer data migration, I recommend using Scribe Migrate for MSCRM which has a richer user interface and has a built-in ACT adapter. Regards Lloyd Grose Touchstone "Martin Hepworth" <martin.hepworth@orange.net> wrote in message news:e1tmajcUDHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Has anyone used the CRM migration framework to migrate ACT! data into MS CRM &g...

Add Contact from CRM to Outlook
I am having an issue with trying to get the Parent Customer field in CRM when adding a new contact to be added to Outlook for the Company Field. I am not sure if I need to change the schema of the Parent Customer so it will point to the schema of the Company field in Outlook? Please advise. I really need help in doing this. You should create the contact record straight into CRM. In the Outlook toolbar, select 'New Record' and then 'Contact'. This will give you the standard CRM Contact form, including access to the Parent Customer lookup. "smichaels66" wrote...

Synchronisation without Biztalk
I have a Avista ERP which stores all Data in a SQL Database. Is there a way to syncronize the Data from the SQL Database with the CRM Database without Biztalk. (For Example two times a day) Thanks You can develop your own "integration" components between the two applications - using web services. If you download the SDK it is very well documented and defines all the CRM web services and methods that you can use to build your own integration. "Daniel Tschuemperlin" <DanielTschuemperlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AE6C8FA-DD66-4163-B97B-1...

CRM 3.0 Outlook client error going offline.
When I try to take my CRM 3.0 outlook client offline I recieve the error below: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMOfflineSync Event Category: None Event ID: 6000 Date: 4/11/2006 Time: 11:05:28 AM User: N/A Computer: xxxxxxxxx I have tried each of the steps in this Microsoft KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=916165 However none of them seemd to fix the problem. Any ideas? Description: An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. GetBCPFile() failed during action Delete for entity 'SalesLiterature', ...

New Installation of CRM 1.2
After receiving the message that CRM 1.2 has been successfully installed, I find Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 under the WetSites in Internet Information Services. However, when workflow monitor, Logon message to type the url of the microsoft CRM Server you want to monitor. Terget Microsoft CrM Server and localhost is default. The error server locahlost is not responding. This might hapen if it is currently unavailable or it is not a Microsoft CRM Server. For more informaitiojn, contact System Administrator. THAT'S ME. IIS is obviously installed, Exchange server is installed, MS S...