BCM imports to CRM? Where?!

I've spent five hours online searching the web, microsoft support, CRM help
files, program files folders, etc. and I find hundreds of references that say
"Oh yes, it's easy to import data from Business Contact Manager to CRM 3.0!"
but not ONE single reference on how to do it. Either my search skills are
terrible or this is one well-kept secret.

The Bulk Import Wizard only imports from .txt or .csv files.

Can some please directly answer the question: How do I import from Business
Contact Manager to MS CRM 3.0? Where do I find the tool(s)?

TIA,

James Hoiby

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi

Export your data to .csv file by doing the following steps:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HP011134931033.aspx

Import your data into crm using either the standard Bulk Importing Tool in
CRM and if thats not enough have a look at:
http://crmextensions.com/products.aspx?id=104
--
Best regards

Casper Jensen
CRM Extensions
www.crmextensions.com

"James Hoiby" wrote:

> I've spent five hours online searching the web, microsoft support, CRM help
> files, program files folders, etc. and I find hundreds of references that say
> "Oh yes, it's easy to import data from Business Contact Manager to CRM 3.0!"
> but not ONE single reference on how to do it. Either my search skills are
> terrible or this is one well-kept secret.
>
> The Bulk Import Wizard only imports from .txt or .csv files.
>
> Can some please directly answer the question: How do I import from Business
> Contact Manager to MS CRM 3.0? Where do I find the tool(s)?
>
> TIA,
>
> James Hoiby

Thanks Casper, if that's the only way then that's what I'll do. :)

I checked out your website and I've got a question for you: I have an
Act! user who is considering switching to CRM and he has about 3000
contacts, including extensive notes, history, and custom fields. Do you
have (or know of) a product that would let us do a complete import of
the Act! data, not just the basic contact info?

(Since we're getting more into a sales solicitation here, feel free to
reply directly to me by email at jh091 (-A-T-) alspire dt com if you
wish.)

If the CRM SDK or database schema isn't to difficult to figure out, I
may also be able to create custom code to do it myself, but I'd rather
not reinvent the wheel.

Thanks, James Hoiby

0
google
2/19/2006 8:04:06 PM
Hi

The next version of our ImportManager includes:

- Import to all entities, including custom entities.
- Import from csv files and ODBC sources
- Define relationships between entities, including custom entities.
- Save the settings in a template file, and schedule the import job.

There will be a release in a few weeks time. I'll email you when it is ready.

ImportManager is used in daily production importing over 10k rows at a time,
so I think it would do the job just fine...

--
Best regards

Casper Jensen
CRM Extensions
www.crmextensions.com

"google@alspire.com" wrote:

> Thanks Casper, if that's the only way then that's what I'll do. :)
>
> I checked out your website and I've got a question for you: I have an
> Act! user who is considering switching to CRM and he has about 3000
> contacts, including extensive notes, history, and custom fields. Do you
> have (or know of) a product that would let us do a complete import of
> the Act! data, not just the basic contact info?
>
> (Since we're getting more into a sales solicitation here, feel free to
> reply directly to me by email at jh091 (-A-T-) alspire dt com if you
> wish.)
>
> If the CRM SDK or database schema isn't to difficult to figure out, I
> may also be able to create custom code to do it myself, but I'd rather
> not reinvent the wheel.
>
> Thanks, James Hoiby

Microsoft has released the Data Migration pack.
The Data Migration Pack includes two tools for migrating data to Microsoft
Dynamics CRM 3.0:
Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft Office Outlook with Business Contact
Manager, for migrating data from Outlook with Business Contact Manager to
Microsoft CRM 3.0.
Data Migration Framework, for migrating data from any data source to
Microsoft CRM 3.0.
Both tools are installed on the Microsoft CRM server, and must be run by a
user with the Microsoft CRM System Administrator security role. The English
version of this tool can be used with localized versions of Microsoft CRM.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3D36AC8E-B485-4F0C-9DEC-C9BACBAD1A73&displaylang=en

--
Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
Program Manager

You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
"CasperJ" <CasperJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> The next version of our ImportManager includes:
>
> - Import to all entities, including custom entities.
> - Import from csv files and ODBC sources
> - Define relationships between entities, including custom entities.
> - Save the settings in a template file, and schedule the import job.
>
> There will be a release in a few weeks time. I'll email you when it is
> ready.
>
> ImportManager is used in daily production importing over 10k rows at a
> time,
> so I think it would do the job just fine...
>
> --
> Best regards
>
> Casper Jensen
> CRM Extensions
> www.crmextensions.com
>

> "google@alspire.com" wrote:
>
>> Thanks Casper, if that's the only way then that's what I'll do. :)
>>
>> I checked out your website and I've got a question for you: I have an
>> Act! user who is considering switching to CRM and he has about 3000
>> contacts, including extensive notes, history, and custom fields. Do you
>> have (or know of) a product that would let us do a complete import of
>> the Act! data, not just the basic contact info?
>>
>> (Since we're getting more into a sales solicitation here, feel free to
>> reply directly to me by email at jh091 (-A-T-) alspire dt com if you
>> wish.)
>>
>> If the CRM SDK or database schema isn't to difficult to figure out, I
>> may also be able to create custom code to do it myself, but I'd rather
>> not reinvent the wheel.
>>
>> Thanks, James Hoiby

0
Manisha

New Install, No Ms Dynamics CRM user......
Microsoft Dynamics CRM : No Microsoft Dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain name and user ID http://192.168.1.220/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx?ErrorCode=0x80040354&RequestUri=%2fdefault.aspx&BackUri= This is the error I am getting when I go to the web site for the 1st time. Anyone got any ideas? I got the same error, but I had found that the CRM upgrade had failed in the middle somewhere, but didnt actually tell me that. Look in the install log file and see if there is an error there. -- Grizz "scottnetguy@hotmail.com" wrote: > Microsoft Dynamic...

CRM Exchange route problem
Hi Everyone, I installed CRM 3.0 without Exchange route about 2 month ago, Now I install Exchange server and CRM Exchange router. Please let me know how can I Change CRM Exchange router in MS CRM? I repair CRM Server but I encounter some problems, also I find a solution for this issue that I must changed CRM registery but my problem don't solved. -- Mohsen Ahmadi Not sure what you want to "change". If you never installed the router previously, there shouldn't be an issue. CRM isn't aware of the router until it's installed. The Repair can be used to route o...

Deleted CRM User from AD.
Hey Guys, I know this was a dumb one, but I deleted a user from AD that was linked to a user in CRM 4.0. After that, I recreated a user with the same username, disabled the primary one in CRM and created a second user with that name in CRM. Needless to say thing are all messed up and the user cannot login to CRM via a permission error. how do I remedy this problem so that I only have 1 user is CRM with that name and have all the records and history associated with that user? Thanks for your help! --Mark Mark; Unsupported territory here, but you've not got much to lose. In the sys...

Will .qif import be supported in M2005?
My CU offers download files in csv and qif format. Up thru M2004, Money imports qif files just fine. Does it still work in M2005? Yes. -- Brent Neville "Jim" <kaplanjim@attbi.com> wrote in message news:1tk0s096tudro82mlqiptd0s8lsonmk5u7@4ax.com... > My CU offers download files in csv and qif format. > Up thru M2004, Money imports qif files just fine. > Does it still work in M2005? In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote: >My CU offers download files in csv and qif format. >Up thru M2004, Money imports qif files just fine. >Does it still work in M2005...

Import Franklin Covey PLN PLI File
Transfering information from Franklin Covey Table Planner to Outlook, managed to use a CSV file for the contacts, Tasks, etc.. but I have further information I wish to import but Franklin Covey only gives a PLN file ext or some interchangeble file format! how do I import this to outlook. Please help. Les Wegg <leslie.wegg@baesystems.com> wrote: > Transfering information from Franklin Covey Table Planner to Outlook, > managed to use a CSV file for the contacts, Tasks, etc.. but I have > further information I wish to import but Franklin Covey only gives a > PLN file ext o...

Screenshots in Knowledge Base Articles
Is there a way to add screenshots to KB Manager Articles. I use screenshots extensively in describing problems. Couldn't seem to paste any graphics (screenshots) from Word.doc to the Article. Thanks for any help. Boolean1 The image needs to be on a website. Then right click and copy the image from the browser and Ctrl+V into the KB article. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "newsgroups.comcast.net" wrote: > Is there a way to add screenshots to KB Manager Articles. I use screenshots > extensively in describing problems. > > Couldn't ...

SBS2003 and CRM 01-19-04
I'd like to load CRM onto our server that has SBS 2003 but I do not want to lose everything that is in the default web that SBS created. I tried to load CRM into a Web that I created with a separate Host Header value. This didn't seem to work. If I set the default website to be accessed through a new Host Header value only and create a new default web, will that mess up the SBS pages in any way? Will that allow me to install CRM onto the server? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Frank DiMaggio ...

CRM for Outlook
Hi, my MS CRM web setting is set to "Workplace:Workplace" and the workplace tab is set to the Sales role. This works fine when I'm accessing the web client, and I'm taken to the appropriate Workplace view with the emails, drafts, etc. However, when I'm in the Sales for Outlook version and I click on the main MS CRM folder, it takes me to the vanilla Home Page instead of the "Workplace:Workplace" view like on the web. Is there a way to make the default SFO folder take me to the workplace? If not, what's the quickest and easiest way to get to that wo...

Import Address Book not an option?
I'm running Oulook 2000 on a Windows 98 laptop, and for the life of me, can't figure out what's up. I have a .csv file of addresses I want to import into my address book. I open the address book, as instructed, click on File, and (Darn!) the Import and Export options are grayed out. Any idea what's going on here? Your help is very, very much appreciated! Cecilia ...

CRM Login required
Hello, I have just installed MS CRM 1.2 and every time I use the web interface I am asked for my username and password. How can I configure IIS to use my network logon account to authenticate me to the CRM server as it does with my exchange 2003 OWA I am using WIndows 2003 Server for AD domain controller and for the CRM machine. Thanks Joe Ledwidge Are you logged on in the same domain as the CRM web server? if yes then go to the internet explorer options - security and make sure you have not got an option turned on that says prompt for username and password. Also in the advanced tab th...

import messages from outlook express
Support,support? I transfered my messages from Outlook Express to the new computer which has Outlook. The OE files are in *dbx format, Outlook seems to have *pst format and I don't know where and how to get them now into Outlook. They are sitting on my desktop waiting to be imported. Any help? Thanks Heinz You have to first import/open in OE on the new pc. Be aware that files on a cd are likely to have been reset to read only, and that attribute needs to be changed, when on the hd. Then export frm OE to OL David "Heinz Legler" <heinz@verana.com> wrote in message news...

Customisng CRM 3.0
Hi all Been looking at CRM 3.0 for a while now and have been happily adding custom entities fields etc, however every now and again it seems there is a timeout issue, and I get prompted for a username and password when rtying to save customisations. Is there a setting within IIS that I have missed or within CRM itself to stop this from happening. It's particularly frustrating when you have a long list of picklist values to add Thanks John This timeout appears when it takes too long for crm to load. Does your machine meet the required specifications? Are you running other appl...

Importing text file into Excel 2003 - C#
Hi all, I am a newby in Excel programming so my question could be an easy one. I found lots of VB code snippets on this issue but almost none in C#. I want to import in a new Excel 2003 doc a character delimited text file. Here is my code: Excel.Workbook lWB = this.excelApp.Workbooks.Add(System.Reflection.Missing.Value); Excel.Worksheet lWS = (Excel.Worksheet)lWB.ActiveSheet; string myfilename = "TEXT;C:\\tmp\\test.txt"; Excel.Range lRange = lWS.get_Range("A1","A1"); /////// the following call generates: System.ArgumentException - The p...

import email from outlook expressv6.0
would be grateful for any pointers for importing emails from xp based, outlook express v6.0 into my vista based machine running win live mail 2008 and win mail ver6.0 6000.16386. have burned 4 files : ( archive (.pst), backup (.pst), extend.dat, outlook (.pst) ) from old system but both win mail and win live mail seem not to recognize the files when i try to read these files or import them. thks. "jchan" <jchan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5438430C-BA1E-4A3E-A8AA-93DBF3E6C08E@microsoft.com... > would be grateful for any pointers for importing emai...

Untrack Outlook email from CRM
Hi all, Do you know of a way to untrack emails from CRM when I am using Outlook 2003? There is an answer posted but it's only valid for Outlook 2007. If you click on the Track button on an email by mistake, you're stuck! http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/57147a28f071730d/d854f106e72d5491?lnk=gst&q=untrack&rnum=1&hl=en#d854f106e72d5491 Thanks, Mohamed Hi, There is not really a way to 'untrack' in Outlook 2003, but there is a workaround. Step 1) Open the email activity in CRM and delete it (do NOT delete the email in Ou...

Can't import .pst after machine rebuild
After rebuilding my machine and reinstalling my apps, I'm being prompted that I can't import my .pst because the service hasn't been configured. The problem is that I'm not seeing how to configure the service. I'm running Outlook 2k, Internet only. How do I import my .pst? Thanks. Have you tried simply opening the .PST via File | Open | Personal Folders File, rather than trying to import it? Re-using the same .PST tends to work better than importing anyway... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- p...

New Microsoft CRM Community Site
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/community -- J�rgen Beck MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT, MVP .NET MCP CRM Application/Installation/Customization www.Juergen-Beck.de ...

Kaspersky and CRM 4.0
Hi there I want to install Kaspersky on my CRM and SQL server. For that reason I'm looking for an exclusion list for Kaspersky antivirus to get the CRM system and the antivirus run together on one machine. Is there somebody who also runs CRM and SQL server on different machines and has installed Kaspersky on those maschines? Maybe you can provide me your exclusion list, of course only the part regarding to CRM and SQL. Thanks a lot! Regards, Serkan ...

Laptop client in CRM 4.0 RC0 VPC
Hi! How do I enable the laptop client in the new RC0 VPC for CRM 4.0? According to the VPC specification the laptop client should be included, but I am not able to get it to work. It seems that it is the desktop client that is installed by default, since changing the "lightclient" registry value does not work. When trying to uninstall the outlook client and reinstall it as the laptop client, there are a lot of error messages about missing files. Thank you! Sincerely Fredrik Strandberg ...

Error de instalacion en Microsoft CRM 3.0
Cerca del final, me sale esto: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_LocalTimeToUTC'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_UTCToLocalTime'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_RptBracket'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_GetFormatStrings'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindUserGuid'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindBusinessGuid'. lo que hice fue crear las funciones en las 2 bases de datos que el programa crea, solo para q las encontrata, despues de hacerlo le di retry y termino la instalacion bien. imagi...

Email Warning in CRM 3.0
Hello. When composing an email in CRM 3.0, I see this warning message just above the body text box. It doesn't seem to hinder my email capabilites but was just curious if anyone else has experienced it before; 'The email below might contain script or content that is potentially harmful and has been blocked. Unblock' Thoughts, it mostly happens when I paste some text in from MS Word. Thanks, you will see it all the time when you paste in 'active' content. It's a just a security warning - if you trust the source then not to worry. If you want to see what it...

Import my Comcast email contacts into Outlook
I use Comcast as my email provider and just started using Outlook. However, my email contacts do not show up in my Outlook so when I want to send an email I have to use my Comcast and can't send from Outlook. How can I import my Comcast email contacts into Outlook? A google search using the term "comcast.net export contacts" will provide the answer As a reference, this may also provide some insight to the question posed How do I import from ??? in Outlook http://www.contactgenie.com/blog/?p=185 Karl -- ________________________________________________________...

importing/exporting
I have an extensive Contacts phone list I need to save to disk for someone who wants to open it in Outlook. He will need to export the Contacts for use on a laptop. However, when saved to disk and when I try to open it, it opens Outlook Express, not the contacts list. I haven't had any trouble saving it in other applications, but we need it to stay in Outlook for his use. ...

My CRM menu item in the Outlook add-in has disappeared
Very annoying. I can't find the Menu item for CRM from the Menu bar in Outlook. I've looked everywhere, especially in "customize toolbars". The Outlook add-in is still working, and the CRM toolbar is there, but without the menu item I can't do things like synchronise and set local data. I don't really want to re-install the add-in as I'm afraid it will mean I have to reset all the synchronisation items, which would be a big pain... -- Mike Bristol, UK CRM user www.crmuser.blogspot.com Odd, you could try to disable/enable the CRM addin. -- Jason -- Thi...

Unable to Install CRM 3.0 Outlook Client
Greetings, I am one lost puppy. I cannot seem to get the CRM 3.0 Offline enabled client install for the life of me. I am attempting to install on to my Vista Client running Office 2k7. I am connecting to my CRM server via a static VPN connection (not that I think the VPN is an issue.....yet) I get 3 errors during the install. Error 1: "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.InstallHelpIndexesAction failed. If you ignore this error, the option to search Help will not be available." With 3 options (abort, retry, and ignore) I did find the answer to this issue a while back (have si...