BCM History Import?

I was SO hoping that the 4.0 DM wizard would handle Business Contact manager
history, but no such luck. Guess I'll have to create my own data map. Has
anyone done this? (and would be willing to share?)
--
Thanx
Grizz

GrizzlyTech:

I've spent way too much time redoing the maps for linking Accounts and
Contacts together for importing BCM 2007 data into CRM Live.  The problem
with history is not being able to export it to .CSV and then linking it to
the correct contact and/or account.  Do you know of a way?

Thanks,
Lon

Lon Orenstein
pinpointtools, llc
Lon@pinpointtools.com
Author of Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager For Dummies
Author of the eBook:  Moving from ACT! to Business Contact Manager
www.pinpointtools.com

"GrizzlyTech" <GrizzlyTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was SO hoping that the 4.0 DM wizard would handle Business Contact
>manager
> history, but no such luck. Guess I'll have to create my own data map. Has
> anyone done this? (and would be willing to share?)
> --
> Thanx
> Grizz

0
Lon (19)
3/9/2008 2:56:15 AM
Hi Lon,

Try Scribe Software - http://www.scribesoftware.com/microsoft-dynamics-crm.asp

Scribe can read/access ODBC to the BCM data and then from there, has adaptor
for CRM Live to import it over.

Good luck.

Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Lon Orenstein" wrote:

> GrizzlyTech:
>
> I've spent way too much time redoing the maps for linking Accounts and
> Contacts together for importing BCM 2007 data into CRM Live.  The problem
> with history is not being able to export it to .CSV and then linking it to
> the correct contact and/or account.  Do you know of a way?
>
> Thanks,
> Lon

> Lon Orenstein
> pinpointtools, llc
> Lon@pinpointtools.com
> Author of Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager For Dummies
> Author of the eBook:  Moving from ACT! to Business Contact Manager
> www.pinpointtools.com
>

> "GrizzlyTech" <GrizzlyTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was SO hoping that the 4.0 DM wizard would handle Business Contact
> >manager
> > history, but no such luck. Guess I'll have to create my own data map. Has
> > anyone done this? (and would be willing to share?)
> > --
> > Thanx
> > Grizz

0
FrankLee (144)

How to use first row of delimited file for field names when importing ?
Hi, I have XP Office. I want to import a tab delimited file into excel. I want to use the first row of the delimited file for field names. I thought there's an option for excel to do this during an import. But I see no option for this. How is this done? Thanks. Can't you just insert a row at the top of the worksheet when the import is complete? -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware . (List Files XL add-in: finds and lists files/folders with hyperlinks) . "goldtech" <goldtech@worldpost.com> wrote in message news:75bcd914...

Import MS Works database to Access 2007
I have a MS Works database file that I wish to convert to Access 2007. Microsoft seems to make such a simple task imposible. Any suggestions as to how to accomplish this? I no longer have Works on my system; it was on an older one that crashed and I lost all the info on the drives. Thanks for any good ideas or tips! Jerry Unfortunately, no version of Access has ever been able to import Works. Try importing the Works data into Excel, and then importing the Excel spreadsheet into Access. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, ple...

no sign of BCM after install
installed Outlook 2003 with BCM - no sign that install happened even though there were no errors during install. Installed patch required for SBS 2003 environment... Verified in Registry that LoadCondition = 3 to load BCM It simply is not showing up anywhere (other than those registry keys) that I ever installed it. PLEASE help. matt@endeavor-inc.com >-----Original Message----- >installed Outlook 2003 with BCM - no sign that install >happened even though there were no errors during install. > >Installed patch required for SBS 2003 environment... > >Verified in R...

Look at important pack
--xtltohzejaesg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fyisdbbvcp"; type="multipart/alternative" --fyisdbbvcp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xsuvxrefdgfehbku" --xsuvxrefdgfehbku Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install no...

The End of BCM
BCM is no longer available other than through volume licensing, (5 users minimum) now that Microsoft have launched Office 2010. So, having been suitably shafted by the mighy Microsoft, anyone got any ideas in which direction the Small Business User should go to make use of ALL the data, history and functionality already created with Outlook and BCM 2007. Thank you, Ian PS - Please don't suggest ACT as an alternative!!!!! Hi Ian. I do think it was not the best decision to only offer BCM through Volumn Licensing, since BCM is typically used by organizations that don't do it (me b...

Import Outlook Express messages
I am new using Windows Live Mail, I have always used Otlook Express 6. How do I import all the messages I have in OE, I cant find a way. Please someone advise. Thanks. Are they on the same machine? File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express 6. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus button to the left of the Help button and enable the Menu Bar. If there are two machines involved. Transferring data from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail: For Messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to a flash ...

BCM 2007 Events and EventHandlers
Hi NG. I'm trying to write an application or add-in that has to act on some events from BCM for Outlook 2007. The events i'm interested in are events like Created, Updated and Deleted on entities/objects like Accounts, Contacts etc. (most of which are ContactItem objects). I have been able to find "some" events on the ContactItem object but far from enough to satisfy my needs. I would very much like to know: ------------------------------- 1) Where do I find these events (what objects should I be looking at if not ContactItem) ? 2) How do I go about writing and addi...

WebService Client Exception: Cannot Import wsdl:binding
I got the following errors in the WebService Client program. Both the .asmx and .asmd?WSDL are accessible through browser. Warning 1 Custom tool warning: Cannot import wsdl:binding Detail: The required WSDL extension element 'binding' from namespace 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/' was not handled. XPath to Error Source: //wsdl:definitions[@targetNamespace='http://localhost/KRA/ASPDOTNET/WebService1']/wsdl:binding[@name='Service1HttpGet'] E:\KRA\CSharp\29-12-2009\WebServiceConsumer\WebServiceConsumer\Service References\ServiceReference1\Refe...

importing pictures
how do i import pictures that i have designed from word into excel In the word document, right click the picture and select copy. In the spreadsheet right click any cell and select paste -- Gary''s Student "sumera usman" wrote: > how do i import pictures that i have designed from word into excel Under the Insert menu, choose Picture, then choose From File...you'll b able to browse to the folder where you stored the picture you created. Wherever you have your cursor on the spreadsheet is where the pictur will be placed -- DataCollecto -------------------------...

Import Outlook Data
I have Outlook 2000 on two computers. I would like to merge the data from the 1st computer to the 2nd,. I DO NOT want to setup a new calendar, contact, email folders, etc. I want to add to the existing ones. I see how to import data from other programs but not from Outlook. I know it must be simple. Help please. Bob Copy the pst-file of the 2nd computer to the first and choose "Import from file and". Then set it to import a pst-file and browse to the pst-file you've just copied. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an...

Import selected worksheet from another workbook
I'm stuck on the best way to prompt the user to open another workbook and select a worksheet to be copied into the file containing the macro. Ideally, I would hardcode the name of the target worksheet, leaving the user to just locate the right file. However, I need to include something that will also allow the user to select the specific worksheet to copy, just in case there's been some unauthorised tinkering. Is this possible? Many thanks for your help How about a compromise? Tell the user to open the "sending" workbook first, then you can ask them...

Apply these important patch
--ilmcobraflmw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ydvehbikmrmlymsj"; type="multipart/alternative" --ydvehbikmrmlymsj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rvtlirjyfrxjygg" --rvtlirjyfrxjygg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Inst...

No Business History, Opportunities, or Categories after Tech Refresh
After Installing the Tech Refresh for Business Contact Manager I am not able to view Business History, Opportunities, or Categories. Does anyone know if these fields are still supported and able to be viewed? Or has the architecture changed so what ever data that is there, just is not queried within the application. Also why is the old database backup/restore format not supported in after the Tech Refresh? ...

please ignore previous post on Pub imports-got it working
So what did you do? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "1chuck2" <1chuck2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70DE76FD-C6D7-4B8C-95E8-AF3D03311469@microsoft.com... > ...

Importing Data
I have two users who have just had email accounts set up and will be accessing mail exclusively through OWA. Both would like to import existing data from their old accounts into OWA. Is this possible and, if it is, can anyone tell me how to do it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. "NOBI" <NOBI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have two users who have just had email accounts set up and will be >accessing mail exclusively through OWA. Both would like to import existing >data from their old accounts into OWA. Is this possible and, if it is, can >anyone...

Number of fiscal years in history
Assuming server space is not an issue, is there a limit on how many years you can keep in history? Robin, There is no limit on historical years or open years in GP - you can have an many as you need. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Robin P" <RobinP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18E32FF6-C89D-46AB-BAF2-7675EA4660CB@microsoft.com... > Assuming server space is not an issue, is there a limit on how many years > you can keep in history? ...

How do I import former *.pst files into a new mail profile?
Hi In another thread, Brian and Diane kindly explained how to get OL2007 working again. However, I do want to restore all the missing e-mails, contact and tasks for the various backups strewn around my system, external hard drives etc. I believe that I may need to restore a/some *.pst files(s). But which? Last time I looked, my copy of OL2007 had generated 19 of them, under various names and I am nervous. Please could someone explain, in very simple terms, how I should go about restoring my data? Many thanks, in advance. David David Probett 07956 257926 or 01293 532349 E-mail: davidprob...

How do I modify the History view in 4.0?
I'd like to modify the History view, the one I get when I click History on the left side of the contact screen. I just want to re- arrange and add/delete columns. I didn't see an entry for 'History' in the customize entities list, so I'm not sure where to do this. Have you try to go into Activities entity and customize your Close Activities view, My Close Activities View and Close Activity Associate View? History view shows all of the closed CRM activities. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 7, 9:58=A0am, biffer <jeremydrie....

import file problem
I need to import a text file every 30 minutes into SQL. The text file looks like this One, two, three One, two, three One, two, three, four, five, six, seven One, two, three One, two three, One, two, three, four So you see number of columns varies. But the SQL import wizard sets up the number of columns based the very first line of the input file. So the file on SQL looks like this: Column 1 Column2 Column3 One Two Three One Two Three One Two three, four, five, six, seven One two three One two three One two three,four ...

OUTLOOK BCM
When you first open outlook after installing BCM business contact manager A screen pops up asking yes no remind me later. I inevertantly click the no by mistake and now I can't get BCM screen to come back so I can click yes. How do I get BCM screen to pop up so I can say yes or remind me later? Secondly when I go to the newsgroups for help some of the groups start with Febuary 17 somtimes and other times show questions with todays date why is this ? Hi, When you wanna associate the BCM with the profile, Click on File Menu --> New --> Outlook Data File --> Select the ...

Using Data Migration Framework to import Contacts and Accounts
I am trying to use the DMF to import data into Contacts and Accounts in CRM 3.0. I am able to import data into accounts successfully. However if I try to import Contact data, it is not successful. I have tried both importing Contact data alongside Account data, and also just Contact data. Either way the import wizard runs but does not import Contacts. Is there something else that needs to be done to import Contacts? Also, is there a special procedure for linking up imported Contacts and Accounts? Right now I am simply setting the AccountID in the cdf_Contact database to create the...

Importing Sales into RMS
I need to import sales into RMS via a file or batch. This is important for our internet sales. check out the RMS Web Integrator product from New West - http://www.newestech.com -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "johnsull" <johnsull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45C6A254-66F7-4CB6-80D1-AB5D89FA0D8D@microsoft.com... >I need to impor...

Importing xml Data into Excel 2002
It appears that there is a bug in Excel 2002 relating to importing xml files. If the xml file is empty for example: <?xml version="1.0"?> <SUA1500> </SUA1500> Excel 2002 will crash when trying to import this using Import Data, or New Web Query. However, if the file contains something inside these tags, like: <?xml version="1.0"?> <SUA1500> Something </SUA1500> Excel 2002 will not crash. I tried various combinations of this, and it appears that Excel crashes only if there is one empty tag. If there are other populated tags such as:...

Importing time field without colon
I have a scheduling system that can write a file out to excel, csv, dbase, and a couple of others. However, the time is written as 24 hour time without a colon ex. 1:00PM is 1300. When outlook imports the file, it makes the appointment an all day event. If I manually change the time to 13:00 then it will import properly. Any ideas on how to deal with this issue? Manual changing would be too time consuming based on the volume of appointments each day for 6 different users. ...

importing into register
I have successfully downloaded files from my bank into my checking account register. I have one account that that downloads my account info into a separate checking account, not the one I intend. I save the file then tried to import and it still imports into the other file. Bank support told me that the download may be matched to the other account and to turn it off, then re-point it to the correct account. I do not know how to do this. I even closed the incorrect account and did the import and it still imported into this account. Any suggestions are appreciated. You'll...