Basic Basic question

Hi,

I have recently taken over our SBS2003 server and amongst out MS ACtion Pack
Subscription are 5 CD Micrsoft CRM 1.2 Cd's 1-5.

I would like to try this software, but I cannot find any information on it
so I have a few questions.

1. In testing it, I assume that I need to install itonto my SBS2003 server -
is there any other way - i have no spare machines, apart from a couple of
workstations.

2. Is the a copy of the programme since it doesn't have the usual yellow
Product key  other of the CD's have, or does it take the Key from SBS2003?

3. Am i going to screw anything up if I install this and try it?

4. How much space am i likely to need

many thanks

Al

0
APH
7/16/2004 2:47:32 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

All the documentation you need is on the CDs - see the Implementation Guide
IG.pdf

Don't think about installing anything until you have read it though!

Peter

"APH" <aph@no-spammisnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have recently taken over our SBS2003 server and amongst out MS ACtion
Pack
> Subscription are 5 CD Micrsoft CRM 1.2 Cd's 1-5.
>
> I would like to try this software, but I cannot find any information on it
> so I have a few questions.
>
> 1. In testing it, I assume that I need to install itonto my SBS2003
server -
> is there any other way - i have no spare machines, apart from a couple of
> workstations.
>

> 2. Is the a copy of the programme since it doesn't have the usual yellow
> Product key  other of the CD's have, or does it take the Key from SBS2003?
>
> 3. Am i going to screw anything up if I install this and try it?
>
> 4. How much space am i likely to need
>
> many thanks
>
> Al

0
Peter

outlook how to question
how do you transfer outlook express files into outlook? tia why not send them to yourself <sstovall3@aol.com> wrote in message news:n8imp1pvp9kf9v3k7lsnh9ci4hns0p99io@4ax.com... > how do you transfer outlook express files into outlook? > > tia sstovall3@aol.com, you wrote on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:32:27 -0600: > how do you transfer outlook express files into outlook? In Outlook Express go to File | Export | Messages -- Best Regards Christian Goeller the files are on a cd, access to outlook express has now been lost. On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 23:03:50 +0100, Christian ...

OE question
I wish to disable the feature that automatically blocks my attempts to listen or view WMV files and or files that need to be "assembled". Thank you for your time and help. T Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of = them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news = groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to kee...

Excel 2003 question
I have one user that currently has Excel 2003 and the rest of the organization has either Office XP or Office 2000. There is an Excel document that is use organization wide that was created in Office XP Excel. It utilizes Utilizes validation fields. These fields are lists that contains names, another contains status (Closed, Open, Waiting, etc...) and another contains misc info. When anyone uses this Excel document that has Office XP or Office 2000, everything works perfectly fine. When the individual with Excel 2003 uses this spreadsheet, upon opening, he receives an error imm...

Rank Question
I need to figure out how to rank by manager ex: Processor Manager Score Rank Albert Scott 80.9 2 Brian Scott 91.5 1 Cathy Scott 79.3 3 Mable Delores 99.9 1 Elaine Delores 95.6 2 Tony Delores 73.5 3 I have 100 or so managers so I want a formula to calculate it automatically without any manual intervention. Thanks In EXCEL 2007, assuming your data is in range A 1 to D 7 inclusive. 1. Gives cells C 2 to C 7 inclusive a Range Name of, for ...

ADFS basics
Hey all, I'm using (trying) to use ADFS to logon to my SAML 2.0 parter. In essence I would like to use AD as my source of truth. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues with my logoff and trying to troubleshoot. One super basic question, the directory /adfs/ls which is used as my logoff URL (and logon URL) has a default document setup as default.aspx which does not exist. Question 1: How does pointing to the adfs/ls directory alert ADFS to which action I'd like to perform? It obviously works but I'm not sure how ADFS know whether to pop a logon screen or go...

Visual Basic Macros, relative position
Dear Experts, I am making a report, and I have a set of data, in a very looong row: MKT_VAL NET_ASSETS TOT_ASSETS 46 51 51 6233 6228 6228 Over 100 fields. I need this data to be changed to run down a column. MKT_VAL 46 6233 NET_ASSETS 51 6228 TOT_ASSETS 51 6228 I tried to make a macro to do this. It would be run after I copied and pasted the three column cells into another area. Sub ShiftNullData() ' ' ShiftNullData Macro ' Macro recorded 11/14/2006 by Rodger Lepinsky ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q ' Range("A18").S...

a CPropertySheet on CDialogBar question #2
hi,i develop a application based on MainFrame, i want to place a CDialogBar on the right of my windows and place a CPropertySheet on this DialogBar. i create a class,CMyDialogBar which derived from CDialogBar, and its Create function as below: BOOL CMyDialogBar::Create(CWnd* pParentWnd, UINT nIDTemplate, UINT nStyle, UINT nID) { // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class CDialogBar::Create(pParentWnd, nIDTemplate, nStyle, nID); m_pDlg1 = new CDialogPage1;//m_pDlg1 is member variable of this class m_pDlg2 = new CDialogPage2;//m_pDlg2 is member variable of this cla...

Question about CSocket::Receive()
I have a class derived from CSocket. I have a vague recollection that I only get one shot at calling Receive() in my override of OnReceive(). What I mean by that is that if there's 2k of data to be read but I only read 1k when I call Receive() then the other 1k gets lost. Or can I call Receive() more than once within OnReceive() but after I exit OnReceive() I lose any data that didn't read? I can't remember where I've read this or something along those lines and I can't see it in the documentation. It may be that I'm completely mistaken and it's just my ...

A Question about Diffgram Updates

ListView question #3
Hi, I've searched on internet to find some tips how to detect when a ListView: - draw the headers (if it is header, and for which column) - draw the rows (which row / index) - draw items (to which column belongs the drawed item) i've read some articles about subclassing WndProc. I've checked that way but it's huge amount of time spent and result is really poor :-( i would like to know if there is not another way...a little bit easier Topics behind that are : - allow different types of items (not only text, but also progress bars, spinboxes,..) - Customize the header (imag...

Question No 1 for Testing Purpose
Question No 1 for Testing Purpose Ignore this "Test" <Test@Test.com> wrote in message news:165D35B4-07E0-4BFC-AB83-05CA2AF68DE1@microsoft.com... > Question No 1 for Testing Purpose > ...

Basic Visual Basic
I want to learn VB for Excel, but I need to know a good free site for help and to read up on it. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi as a starting point: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to learn VB for Excel, but I need to know a good free site for > help and to read up on it. Can anyone help me? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

CWnd creation question and CFrameWnd question
So you create a child window use CWnd::Create(). I can create a main window (windows window?) by using CFrameWnd::Create(). I'm trying to figure out how to create my own CFrameWnd from Cwnd and how they are related. Since CFrameWnd is a subclass of CWnd, shouldn't I be able to create a main window using CWnd::Create? It keeps asserting an error that I can't seem to trap (it just ends to app if I select Debug and if I step into it manually, I can hold down F11 for about a minute and it just keeps going through assembly code and such). I'm thinking because I send it NULL for...

MSP VBA Basic Help Needed!
I'm trying to add common text names from a Text Column in MSP-07. I'm using Rod Gill's book to learn VBA for Office and primarily MSP and have also emailed him specifically about whether or not MSP-07 is even capable of accomplishing the simple report I'm needing. Basically I have a column (Text26) with some specific verbage which will be standardized and used for several real schedules in our standard template with our company. The verbage is simply: * Early Delivery * Late Delivery * On-Time Delivery * Not Delivered The verbage is calculated as a formula...

Exmerge append question
Hi there, I'm currently looking into ways to doing efficient offsite storage using Brick Level Backups of the Exchange database. As the size of the resulting .PST files is obviously an issue (in terms of the time taken to copy them over a VPN connection), I had originally set it up so that it would append to the existing .pst files. This all seemed to be working fine. However, I had a user have a clearout of a load of old emails, and it was then that I noticed that the .pst file hadn't reduced in size - although it appends any new mails to the .PST file, it doesn't appear to dele...

Newbie question
Hello, I am a newbie to xml and xpath. I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I need to parse an xml file (generated by a Sharepoint list file) in the format below. For example, I need to select all the nodes where the ows_Parent = '6;#miCommunities'. (Is there a LIKE operator in xpath (e.g, ows_Parent LIKE '%miCommunities'))? I'm not able to do even the simplest query on this xml file. I keep getting the error message: "Namespace, Manager or xsltContext needed. This query has a prefix, variable or user defined function." Any help y...

Sorry
Hi guys, apologies for such a basic question. In my defence I'm not really a c++ programmer, and when I have dabbled, I've used MFC. I've got a call to an external DLL I'm using LoadLibrary to get. I've declared the call as : lpFUNCTION MyFunc(CString p1, CString p2, short* retVal, CString* retText) if I call it : short retVal; CString retText; iRet = MyFunc ("123456", "12345678", &retVal, &retText); - it works fine. Unfortunately this DLL is being called from a non-MFC app. So I;ve tried : lpFUNCTION MyFunc(char[] p1, char p2, short* ...

Bank Reconciliation Transaction Question
Hi All, I am trying to add payments using Bank Reconciliation transactions but I don't know how, is it possible to do this way? Also, I want to use "Transaction" of Bank Reconciliation, not the "Receipt" Anyone knows how to do it, please give me a shot and I'd appreciate it. Thanks, -- Toi Day Hi Don Are you still using version 8? I do not believe there will be a fix for this on version 8 and I don't believe this is an issue on 9 or 10. -- Fliehigh "Don Lai" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am trying to add payments using Bank Reconci...

Money 2007 Questions
I just "upgraded" from Money 2004 to Money 2007 and I have a couple of questions. 1. How do I turn off automatically connecting to the internet and updating? I have a dialup connection and every time I start Money it tries to open a connection. 2. Is there a problem with the Lifetime Planner? In Money 2004 the result graph showed a positive balance of all accounts through the entire graph period. When I went into the planner in Money 2007 the initial display of the graph showed the same as in Money 2004. However, when I stepped through the various steps of the planner (w...

Datasheet question again
Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet form ? Thanks Sorry, did not mean to. "Wayne-I-M" <WayneIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED8F7461-1F27-4F39-9464-AF2F6D8157AC@microsoft.com... > Sorry Maurice and Joan - just noticed you had already answered this > question. > > Phile it's not really a good idea to ask the same question but with a > different header. > > -- > Wayne > Manchester, England. > > > > "Phil Hunt" wrote: > >> Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet ...

excel question....
hey guys can any one help me?(of course it is not a excel question) My drives are not openinin. if i double click on my drives an "open with" window opens. I know that it is a virus. Can u send the free link of the anti virus software that removes this virus? Thanks in advance. Neelakanta. Why don't you do a Google search for it? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Neelakanta" <Neelakanta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB8D1FA1-A6A4-4A13-85DD-A9BDB1C3CEB8@microsoft.com... > hey guys can any one help me?(of course it is not a excel ques...

Basics
I'm new to the DDK. I just d/l the WinDDK 7600.16385.1 and I'm trying to use the WinDbg. So I took the sample "tracedrv" (WINDDK\7600.16385.1\src\general\tracing\tracedrv), builded it and try to run tracectl.exe with the WinDbg, using "File->Open Executable" option. I set the Symbol File Path to tracectl.exe path, where "tracectl.pdb" is. I'm getting the message "*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. ", and can't see it in Source Mode. When I run the program, I don't see the trace messages of the driver (KdPrint...

Exchange BackUP and Restore Newbie question....
Hi, I am running Exchange 2000 enterprise edition and performing daily Microsoft BackUP utility running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I am only backing up 1 information store with 2 storage groups. Though, I have not yet experience any severe Exchange outage, however there may come a time when this situation should appear. I am following this article (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258243) and was wondering if the backup as followed from this article works entirely and performing a restore operation should be an ease as stated in this article. Has anyon...

SMTP Question
Good morning, I have an exchange 2003 server in one of our clients office which happens to be a law firm. They are working on a class-action law suit which requires they send out very large attachments to many users at a time. this has caused internet slowdowns b/c the emails are stacking-up in the queue and taking a very long time to procees; thus slowing down the internet to a crawl. ( we have a standard dsl network) is there a way to modify the default the stmp settings, so during the times these messages are being sent, it does not use all my internet bandwidth. Are there any good...

Merge Question When Opening Attachment
Whenever I open a Word attachment from an email, I am prompted with a question. It asks if I would like to merge with the document in the temp directory. Even if I select No and don't ask again, it prompts with every attachment. Is there a setting to turn this off? Clear the temp? Since this is a Word question you're better of in a Word newsgroup. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Sara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...