Basic Backup Procedure

We are trying to develop a disaster recovery procedure with Microsoft
Dynamics CRM 3.0.  What is the basic backup and restoration procedure for
getting CRM back up and running?

We're using SBS 2003, SQL Server 2005, and CRM 3.0.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

here you go
http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/backup.mspx

"Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are trying to develop a disaster recovery procedure with Microsoft
> Dynamics CRM 3.0.  What is the basic backup and restoration procedure for
> getting CRM back up and running?
>
> We're using SBS 2003, SQL Server 2005, and CRM 3.0.

0
Benjamin

ADFS basics
Hey all, I'm using (trying) to use ADFS to logon to my SAML 2.0 parter. In essence I would like to use AD as my source of truth. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues with my logoff and trying to troubleshoot. One super basic question, the directory /adfs/ls which is used as my logoff URL (and logon URL) has a default document setup as default.aspx which does not exist. Question 1: How does pointing to the adfs/ls directory alert ADFS to which action I'd like to perform? It obviously works but I'm not sure how ADFS know whether to pop a logon screen or go...

Basic Visual Basic
I want to learn VB for Excel, but I need to know a good free site for help and to read up on it. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi as a starting point: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to learn VB for Excel, but I need to know a good free site for > help and to read up on it. Can anyone help me? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Restore from backup Vista 32bit
If I need to do a restore from backup, how do I do it? Vista 32bit backup is not a disc image backup (like Vista64), rather backs up select files. I have read the Vista help and it is extremely lacking in answering obvious questions. The obvious question I cannot find the answer in vista help, doing a restore from a backup, do I install all my software first and then restore the back-up files or do I do it vise versa? People have pointed me to Vista64 help sites for answers to my questions. I am sure they have good information but, if I understand it correctly, the backup ...

Visual Basic Macros, relative position
Dear Experts, I am making a report, and I have a set of data, in a very looong row: MKT_VAL NET_ASSETS TOT_ASSETS 46 51 51 6233 6228 6228 Over 100 fields. I need this data to be changed to run down a column. MKT_VAL 46 6233 NET_ASSETS 51 6228 TOT_ASSETS 51 6228 I tried to make a macro to do this. It would be run after I copied and pasted the three column cells into another area. Sub ShiftNullData() ' ' ShiftNullData Macro ' Macro recorded 11/14/2006 by Rodger Lepinsky ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q ' Range("A18").S...

Advice wanted on configuring Windows Server Backup
I want to configure automated daily backups from Windows Server Backup (on server 2008). I do the following:- - selected the volumes I want to back up (in this case C: and D:) - set the backup time to Once a day, 21:00 - selected the destination disk - I chose the external usb hard disk drive I had connected. - got the message that the disk will be reformatted etc and that it won't show up in Windows Explorer. Fine. My two queries are as follows:- 1. Received the message "The selected backup destinations have less free space than 1.5 times the size of the back...

Sorry
Hi guys, apologies for such a basic question. In my defence I'm not really a c++ programmer, and when I have dabbled, I've used MFC. I've got a call to an external DLL I'm using LoadLibrary to get. I've declared the call as : lpFUNCTION MyFunc(CString p1, CString p2, short* retVal, CString* retText) if I call it : short retVal; CString retText; iRet = MyFunc ("123456", "12345678", &retVal, &retText); - it works fine. Unfortunately this DLL is being called from a non-MFC app. So I;ve tried : lpFUNCTION MyFunc(char[] p1, char p2, short* ...

recovering mailboxes from "bad" backup
Good Morning I'm sorry if this a repeat question but i have found nothing on this matter the thing is, my online backups have failed the restore. i had a major server crash and had to reinstall everything. it seems that the main catalog name is different on the backups and on the new server. strange, because i'm pretty sure i have used the same server name and organisation name. anyway, i have a backup that i can restore to any location and would like to scavenge the files to retreive a couple mail boxes. we are on sbs 2k3 so my only options for now are to install a temporary sbs a t...

MSP VBA Basic Help Needed!
I'm trying to add common text names from a Text Column in MSP-07. I'm using Rod Gill's book to learn VBA for Office and primarily MSP and have also emailed him specifically about whether or not MSP-07 is even capable of accomplishing the simple report I'm needing. Basically I have a column (Text26) with some specific verbage which will be standardized and used for several real schedules in our standard template with our company. The verbage is simply: * Early Delivery * Late Delivery * On-Time Delivery * Not Delivered The verbage is calculated as a formula...

procedure trigger registration failed
we have version 9.00.0114 on a test system clean installaiton now we we get the error when first start GP. before the login screen. Only changes have been 3rd part apps and sp1. any help? Have you ensured that ALL third party apps are SP1 compatible? We had to make changes to our application, as MBS had changed some procedures in SP1 that we were triggering off of. I think they ended up adding a field to several of their procedures. To troubleshoot, I'd start by backing up your Dynamics.set file, and then strip out all the third party items. See if you still get the trigger reg...

backup onto a cd
hi. since it now takes 4 dics to backup $$ i was wondering if i could backup onto a cd... it doesnt appear as an option when i select backup only A:floppy is available. This FAQ hasn't been posted in several days: --- Q): How do I backup to CD-RW? CD-R? A): First, remember that a CD-R or CD-RW is not a general purpose random access storage device and needs software (like DirectCD from Easy CD (Coaster) Creator by Roxio) to begin to pretend to be. (That having been said, the poor reliability many people experience with packet writing software in general and DirectCD in specific sugges...

Procedure at Access Stutdown
Is there a way to assure that a certain procedure is called before Access is allowed to Quit? I know that there are things you can do such as removing the Exit option from the File menu and requiring the use of a Logoff form but, what about the user that just clicks the Close button in the Application Control Box? Read here: http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0005.htm As far as the control button for the access application, that can be disabled: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/245746 p.s. - I'll get the rest of the MenuBar code tomorrow, I...

Sharepoint backup
Hi My sharepoint web site fails to make backup in central administration.However is there an other way to backup the sharepoint database? There are multiple ways to backup sharepoint database. 1. Catastrophic backup: This can be done using the central administration site. And you can backup either the individual sites or the entire farm. 2. SQL backup: This is far the most easiest and secure way to backup your sharepoint data. 3. Command line backup: This can be done using stsadm -o backup command. 4. Sharepoint designer backup: Not a favourable way, but you can still backup ...

Basics
I'm new to the DDK. I just d/l the WinDDK 7600.16385.1 and I'm trying to use the WinDbg. So I took the sample "tracedrv" (WINDDK\7600.16385.1\src\general\tracing\tracedrv), builded it and try to run tracectl.exe with the WinDbg, using "File->Open Executable" option. I set the Symbol File Path to tracectl.exe path, where "tracectl.pdb" is. I'm getting the message "*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. ", and can't see it in Source Mode. When I run the program, I don't see the trace messages of the driver (KdPrint...

basic System Policy question
If I understand this correctly System Policies are really only useful in cases with multiple information stores (Enterprise version only) so that settings can be set for all of them in one central place. Can settings set in a System Policy be overridden at a lower level like an individual information store itself, or an individual user account? Or do System Policies rule no matter what, no overrides? System Policies are Enforced (No-Override) at Store level or Server level. However, individual user account settings can override Store level setting, including System Policies settings. ...

Grant alter procedure permissions
I have a request to create a database role with permissions to create and update stored procedures and functions but not change the table definition, keys, indexes, and triggers. I created the role in the development database and gave it the following permissions: Create Procedure Create Function Alter Any Schema View Definition With this role the developers can create and modify stored procedures and functions. However, they can still perform certain edits on tables (eg. they can drop foreign keys but cannot create them. Reading on BOL, I see the objects in the schema ...

Basics
I am responsible for producing a yearly 180-page catalog for the company that I work for. In the past, we used a production house to lay out the pages and then send PDF's to our printer. We want to eliminate the production house and do everything in house - sending the PDF's ourselves to the printer. I know nothing about publisher 2003 and am having trouble finding any books (especially entry level) to help me learn the application. Any suggestions? Lots of help on the Microsoft web site, a good course in catalog creation Publisher Courses http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/traini...

Hyper-V Service Cluster restart during DPM 2010 backup
Hello, I’m having issues with DPM backups on CSV volumes. I’m trying to backup 2 or more VM concurrently on a Hyper-V cluster with 2 nodes. I have the following problem: when I backup 2 VM that are on 2 different nodes, but on the same CSV, the Failover Clustering service restarts on one of the nodes. Of course, this causes a failover to the remaining host and downtime for the VMs… No issue if backed-up VMs are on the same node or on a different CSV. The situation is very similar to the one described in the following KB : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975354 But the...

basic formulas
where can i find a generic listing of what certain things in formulas mean? (ie. a comma) Try clicking on the cell that contains the formula, then click on the "=" button next to "Formula Bar"...this will bring up a box that explains a little bit about the function and show what each section should contain. Some functions are more complex than others so try clicking on the "Help" button inside this new box. This will open up Excel Help about the specific function that you're using I've found that using the Help function in Excel is very...helpful (fo...

Excel 2007, Basic, Square-1 Opening Question
Clicking on an xls or an xlsx file opens Excel 2007; however, the file itself does not load/open (no blank sheet either). Only way is to drag the file from its directory. What have I done wrong? Tks! Wayne Try minimizing and then maximizing Excel to see if that makes the file appear. If it does, I'll build a small routine that does that automatically when a file is opened. This appears to be a very frequent problem for some Excel 2007 users. Bob Flanagan <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message news:9jg3b49oe5t308vjcngefg41f5htajrm2r@4ax.com... > Clicking on an ...

Access Backup
In Access 2002, how do I set up to auto create a Backup of my database at a certain time each day, or how do I do a manual backup. I have seen occasionally a .BAK file created but don't know why or when this should happen, any help or advice on the Backup system would be very useful. Thanks Keith Just a thought, it may not be a .BAK file but a backup.mdb that it creates "Keith" <me@here.com> wrote in message news:eVU9KBw9HHA.5456@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... In Access 2002, how do I set up to auto create a Backup of my database at a certain time each day, or how do I...

Two basic questions
How to use either the ClassWizard or the Add Member Variable Wizard to add member variables of type like, "long","double", or "int", to the controls on a dialog box? On the dialog of the Add Member Variable Wizard, there is a Combo Box named "Category", which has two options: Value and Control. What's purpose of "Control" option? Thanks for your help! jianbao wrote: > How to use either the ClassWizard or the Add Member Variable Wizard to add > member variables of type like, "long","double", or "int",...

Money 2003 restoring a backup asking for a password that does't ex
I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the same data there in my home. So i made a backup, put on a pendrive and brought it to home. Installed microsoft money 2003 in my home and tried to restore this backup. Money 2003 insists asking a password that does not exist in the original backup file. I already tried to use the repair tool and didn't work. So, what i have to do to make the backup work and does not ask a password that does not exists? Thankyou In microsoft.public.money, Calil wrote: >I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the sa...

Backup to floppy #3
I upgraded to Money 2005 Deluxe from 2004 Deluxe. When I now try to backup to a floppy, message states data is too large for 1 floppy. It was too large for 2004 too, but it wrote to the first and then asked for the 2nd to be inserted. How do I fix that? On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:17:02 -0800, Don <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I upgraded to Money 2005 Deluxe from 2004 Deluxe. When I now try to backup to >a floppy, message states data is too large for 1 floppy. It was too large for >2004 too, but it wrote to the first and then asked for the 2nd to be >inserted. ...

Factory pressed dvd movies, ps2, psp, xbox, xbox 360 backups for sale !!!
We're offering all the latest factory pressed high quality dvd movies, ps2, psp xbox and xbox 360 silvers with factory printed colour inserts at fantastic prices, whether for personal use or reselling. We're shipping worldwide with various shipping methods. For resellers, please contact us for bulk discounts. For a complete list and prices, please email us at glory@spankthedonkey.com (Please state the type of list that you want and tell us your location as the prices varies for different locations. If you're reseller, please state the quantity you wish to order per shipment and w...

Critical OE/Outlook Backup Files
Greetings. Would one of you knowledgable MPV's kindly tell me which OE/Outlook files should be backed up so I don't lose any of my address book, folders, or data from both programs. I am in need of reinstalling my OS (XP) and don't want to lose any of my important names, folders, documents, etc. Your assistance is much appreciated. Outlook: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm Outlook Express: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -P...