Banking

Using CRM, how do we import real time banking information to update balance.
Simular to Quicken and MS Money
Do you know of any modules to perform this task?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

what information ar you looking to import and where are you looking to store
it in CRM?

"Hal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using CRM, how do we import real time banking information to update
balance.
> Simular to Quicken and MS Money
> Do you know of any modules to perform this task?

0
John
2/4/2004 4:23:09 PM
Hal,

What exactly do you want to import from those files?  The financial
data that would be in one of these files doesn't really fit into any
of the objects in CRM.

Bottom line though, you will need to use the SDK to write a routine to
update CRM.  How you get the data out of the file file is up to you.

Matt

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:11:09 -0800, Hal
<beta-microsoftcrm2483@mailblocks.com> wrote:

Import one of the following file formats from our Bank listed below:

Quicken� 2002 or later (Web Connect)
Quicken� 99 to Quicken 2001 (.qif)
Quicken� 98 (.qif)
QuickBooks� (.iif) (More Information)
Microsoft� Money 97 or later (Active Statement)
Microsoft� Money (.qif)
Comma Delimited (ASCII, Spreadsheet)

Export data into CRM in either an Excel Template or XML Schema
(Microsoft .NET Framework Tools )

Regards,
Hal

0
Matt
2/4/2004 10:42:55 PM
But where are you going to store that data?  There is nowhere in CRM
that would handle bank deposits and withdrawals.

As for the SDK, there are examples in there on how to use it.

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:11:10 -0800, Hal

Hal,

What exactly do you want to import from those files?  The financial
data that would be in one of these files doesn't really fit into any
of the objects in CRM.

>>For example download from our checking account Comma Delimited field files on bank deposits and withdrawals

Bottom line though, you will need to use the SDK to write a routine to
update CRM.  How you get the data out of the file file is up to you.

>>On the SDK are you referring to Microsoft .NET Framework Tools. Do you know of any SDK templates to cut down on development time?

Matt

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:11:09 -0800, Hal
<beta-microsoftcrm2483@mailblocks.com> wrote:

Import one of the following file formats from our Bank listed below:

Quicken� 2002 or later (Web Connect)
Quicken� 99 to Quicken 2001 (.qif)
Quicken� 98 (.qif)
QuickBooks� (.iif) (More Information)
Microsoft� Money 97 or later (Active Statement)
Microsoft� Money (.qif)
Comma Delimited (ASCII, Spreadsheet)

Export data into CRM in either an Excel Template or XML Schema
(Microsoft .NET Framework Tools )

Regards,
Hal

0
Matt
2/5/2004 5:10:47 PM
Matt
What about storing the information in a MS Access database then exporting into a tempulate for CRM to read
In referrence to SDK are you referring to Microsoft .NET Framework SDK or a CRM SDK

Hal
Hal,

MSCRM has a SDK that you can use to tap into the functionality.  using
that, you could add a tab to CRM that could retrieve data from an
Access (or other SQL) database.

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:56:12 -0800, Hal

Matt:
What about storing the information in a MS Access database then
exporting into a tempulate for CRM to read?
In referrence to SDK are you referring to Microsoft .NET Framework SDK
or a CRM SDK?

Hal

0
Matt

Discard Bank Reconciliation
We are currently on GP version 8, SP2 and have picked up a problem in bank management where we are unable to discard changes to the bank reconciliation upon exit - (Save, Discard, Cancel options available). Although we select Discard, the reconciliation still saves the changes. Cash Book Management version is 8.00g12. Any suggestions? ...

etransfers from U.S. bank
Starting August 7th MS money stopped making transfers between accounts at US Bank. US Bank states that there is nothing they can do because the transfer request is not being sent by MS Money. My screen shows the envelope with blue lighting opject telling me the transactions are pending. However the right click option allowing me to cancel the transaction does not appear on the menu. I am manually making the transfer. ...

household bank
I do not see any credit card account for household bank credit card. here is the link: https://www.householdbank.com/hb/CustomerCare? cmd_DisplayLogin= can anybody tell me whether this card is in money 2004? In microsoft.public.money, nair wrote: >I do not see any credit card account for household bank >credit card. here is the link: > >https://www.householdbank.com/hb/CustomerCare? >cmd_DisplayLogin= > >can anybody tell me whether this card is in money 2004? See if Household Credit Services works for your card. ...

Bank Reconciliation #3
What happens when the Bank reconciliation balances do NOT agree with the General Ledger Balances? How do we go about rectifying the Bank reconciliation to agree to the GL Bank Balances? Had entered Increase Adjustment in Cash Transaction that threw out both these balances. Would appreciate your assistance. Once you figure out where the problem is, you will probably need to do a journal entry. I have never had that happen. sabbir wrote: > What happens when the Bank reconciliation balances do NOT agree with the > General Ledger Balances? > How do we go about rectifying the Bank...

Integration Manager
I am using an excel spreadsheet and IM to bring in an increase adjustment. I have 18 different accounts to credit and want one batch with 18 lines. I keep getting 18 batches with 18 lines in each one. I had set this up correctly once before but something happened to the integration and I had to recreate it and I don't remember what I did before to create one batch. Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks, I figured out the problem. I was selecting all 18 rows for the header query instead of the first 2. "LauraS" wrote: > I am using an excel spreadsheet and IM...

Multiple bank accounts at same bank
Greetings We have set up multiple accounts and one credit card at the same bank (TD Canada Trust in Canada) and it appears that the credit card activity is downloaded without problem but all other accounts inport into the same Money account( the credit card). Is there something simple we missed in creating the accounts? Thanks! =?Utf-8?B?VGFmZnk=?= <Taffy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 03 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > We have set up multiple accounts and one credit card at the same bank > (TD Canada Trust in Canada) and it appears that the credit car...

Downloading from my bank
I posted this in another community but I think it was the wrong place, so sorry if you've seen this before: I think this is really basic but I can't figure it out-- the bank I use is NOT listed as one of the banks that sync with Money, but I thought there was still a way to get my transactions into Money without manually entering them. Is this true? If so, how? In microsoft.public.money, jpasmith wrote: >I posted this in another community but I think it was the wrong place, so >sorry if you've seen this before: > >I think this is really basic but I can't ...

bank listings
My bank is not included on the list of bank options to choose from in the setup of MSN Money 2002. Will I still be able to set my account up using this program? You can always setup an account with any bank to use in Money. If your bank is not listed, this just means that you will not be able to connect through Money to download statements, although they may still have some download options via their website. "gettininit@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02f601c3d0e3$f7e10a20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My bank is not included on the li...

Money 2004 / Bank of America / Direct connect
I am really sorry if this is a repost, but I did search all I could and couldnt find an answer...so here goes. I use Money 2004 standard and dont find Bank of America in the online banks. When I try to update, I get sent to the Read Call summary messages page...it shows Quotes, News, and Exchange Rates as having been updated. However, in the Money Updates it shows an exclamation mark and reads No updates have been made yet. Click here to update now. That doesnt work either. I have already signed up for Direct banking from BofA. My firewall is set to allow Money through. Any ideas ? Or ...

Money internal error when I download from bank
Help! was using M04, recently upgraded to M05. After new install was prompted to use MSN passport- realised afterwards I didnt want to. After reinstall and restore from backup, I am now finding that when I download from Royal Bank (Canada) there is an "internal error" and money restarts. It often does this 2 or 3 times on restart, and Ive lost the downlaod data from the bank- Im fed up with having to restart and type entries by hand. Have I a setting wrong somewhere? ...

Money 2002 stopped recognising exports from my bank website
I am using Money 2002, which is the latest version supported by my bank (Barclays, UK) The system is set up so I log onto their website, select export data, select Money 2002 and then download the data. I do not get any normal download prompt, I just see a small file download and then a box pops up prompting me to start Money to import the file. This worked fine until yesterday. Now the file appears to download correctly, but after it is downloded, nothing happens. Even if I go into Money manually, no import is triggered. I have spoken to Barclays online support, and they assure me th...

Canadian Banks- Scotia Bank
I've just installed Money 2004 and on the list of available banks, I can't see Scotia Bank. Is it registered under another name, because every other bank in Canada is there? How can I find it? Thanks Having same problem but with Royal Bank. You say all other Canadian banks are listed, but I can't find Royal Bank or RBC Financial Group. Trying to get help on this hard as the banks just tell you it's a Money issue. Keep on trying. If I find anything I'll post an update. >-----Original Message----- >I've just installed Money 2004 and on the list of &g...

Cashbook Bank Transfer Void
We would like to have a voiding feature for the Cashbook Bank Transfer. ...

Bank Management Bank Import
Has anyone done a bank import for HSBC bank with check digit, if so do you have the import layout? thanks ...

Comerica Web Banking not working
Comerica updating their Web banking site early this month (and changed the URL), and now Money 2004 can't download transactions. Should I assume MS is aware of this, or should I contact them (if so, how?). Thanks... Call your bank first. If they have had a number of these reports, they'll either help you fix it or take care of it. It is their responsibility to notify Microsoft of these changes so updates can be made to the online connection files in Money. If they've already done this, it may be as simple as updating your online services setup in Money. "Kevin F."...

Bank statement downloads within Money stop working after adding MSN Money as on-line service
I have a Regions Bank account with on-line access to use Money. (Regions requires a monthly service fee to provide statement downloads and billpay services through Money, by the way.) If I setup the Regions account all by itself and enable on-line services in a new .mny file all seems to work fine. However, when I add MSN Money with bill pay the statement downloads for Regions stop, even though the log shows that the download completed successfully. The downloaded balance (shown in the upper left corner of the register window) shows the most recent download date & time, but the balance st...

Missing Bank Deposit
We have a customer who has an Order with a credit card deposit tied to it. However, when we go into Bank Deposit, we couldn’t find the deposit for that particular Order. Could someone please shed some lights on the possibilities this could happen? We have looked into the following scenarios and no such lucks: 1. Make sure the person who entered the deposit closed the Sales Transaction Entry window. 2. Looked at previous Bank Deposits to make sure it has not already been deposited. 3. Check other checkbooks to see if it went there by mistake. 4. Look into the Check Register window as we...

Support for my bank?
How can I request to have my banks online services added to the supported services for MS Money 2004? My bank offers transaction downloads in quicken, money, or csv format. I would prefer to not post my bank name on this newsgroup... if there is a site where I can submit the request, that would be best. -Shaun In microsoft.public.money, Bonnie Synhorst - MVP wrote: >Your bank needs to take the steps to become a certified provider. You need >to call them directly and request that they offer these services. But, of >course, whether they do it or not is up to them. > >&...

Reoccuring bills and bank download.
I have setup a few bills, many of which vary so i tell it that it may very and i put in a guess. it matches the bank transaction with the bill transaction but it always assumes the number i have entered (which 99% of the time is wrong by a dollar or two) how do i tell it to assume the bank is right and just carry on about its business? Thanks Justin ...

Changing MSN Bill Pay to Bank service
I'm using Money 2005 and MSN Bill Pay. I want to use my bank's service instead. I can't get MSN Billpay off my checking account so I can pay my bills directly through my banks services. How do I do it? Thanks, Lou Lou, Sounds like you merged your bank account with your bill pay account! I would recommend disabling then re-enabling (without merge) online services for the account. Post back with any problems or questions. Not sure how any of the recent MSN Bill Pay changes may have affected these types of situations! Regards, JB Lou Venema wrote: > I'm using Mon...

Online Banking: I picked the wrong bank
I was exploring if the bank listed in the list was my People's bank or some other bank so I selected it and then canceled. Now Money 2004 thinks I can get web statements and web bill payments. ' If I choose "Change Financial Instution" and select "(Not listed)", this does not fix the problem. It is a minor issue but now Money goes to the wrong website if I select "connect to bank". Is there a way to erase the online bank associated with my account? Go to the account details and remove the financial institution name. "Howard" <urbanwd@yah...

Not getting bank account payee info
I'm having the following problem: In Money, I select to create a new account. I select the Bank of America (BOA) listing for my state I enter the authentication information Money downloads the transactions for that account ** However, the payee information is missing. If I manually download a QIF file from the BOA site and import that into Money the information is correctly imported. Is there a way for me to get this information without manually downloading and importing a file each time? If the provider isn't supplying the information --and that's what it sounds like in t...

Any Bank One customers tried M2005 yet?
Any changes to Bank One (Ohio) integration with Money 2005 (vs. 2004)? In M2004, the software acts as a front-end to the Bank One web based bill pay service. Any payments, changes transmitted via M2004 shows up instantly in Bank One's web based bill pay. Seems to work fine. I wonder if M2005 is the same way ... -- Aloke ---- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com Hello Aloke: You wrote in conference microsoft.public.money on Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:44:35 -0400: AP> Any changes to Bank One (Ohio) integration with Money 2005 (vs. 2004)? AP> In M2004, the s...

bank
what do you use for the royal bank of canada ...

Bank errors in Bank Recon
I am really bothered that when our bank makes a significant error (and all banks eventually do), there is no way to carry the outstanding bank transaction on bank recon. Instead we have to adjust our books (improperly) for the bank error, and then re-adjust when the bank makes the correction. Please consider adding outstanding bank transactions to bank rec in the future. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do...