back up the data in the CRM

Hello...
I am a newbie in CRM system. Does anyone know how to backup the data of CRM
system? Our client does not want to type the product and customer data one by
one. Unfortunately they make a big mistake that can't log onto the CRM server
anymore, any way which to back up their data without typing the numbers of
data manually.
thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"backup the CRM data" <backup the CRM data@discussions.microsoft.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I am a newbie in CRM system. Does anyone know how to backup the data of
> CRM
> system? Our client does not want to type the product and customer data one
> by
> one. Unfortunately they make a big mistake that can't log onto the CRM
> server
> anymore, any way which to back up their data without typing the numbers of
> data manually.

You can find this kind of information here:
"Microsoft CRM Implementation Guide"
Chapter 10 (Backing Up and Restoring)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm12/plan/10_Bakup.mspx

--
Jürgen Beck
Dipl. Kfm./Wirtschaftsinformatik

Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Info (March 2006), Introduction, CRM definitions, Implementation, Analytics, CRM Solutions info, Advices, Secrets, Tips... http://www.freewebs.com/crmanagement ...

Import utility for .csv/.xls data into RMS?
Hello: I have recently been tasked with administering the database of several systems at work including Microsft RMS. I see there is a native export feature in the admin utility to draw data out of the SQL DB, but no such Import feature. I have a csv of several hundred Customer's I would like to bulk import into RMS. Is this QS import utility able to do that? If so, where would you get it? thanks! Mark, If your company is on a Maintenance program you can login to the CustomerSource website and download it from there. And yes it can import your csv file. Rob "Mark" <...

CRM tool bar disappeared in Client for Outlook
Hi, The CRM menu Button bar ( on the main ruler: "File, Edit...") dissappeared with no reason. When I open a new mail I don't see anything to get the email tracked in CRM. I tried to check in the Tool->Options->Other->advanced Options>Add in specified at: http://piyushmittal.wordpress.com/category/mscrm/ms-crm-troubleshotting/ but I don't see there any location path, so I can't follow the instructions there... I did not make anything yet using the Client for Outlook CRM 4.0, so I don't see why this should happen. Thanks a lot Has it worked at all...

Data labels in Chart
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C56114.8ED26340 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have a bar chart that shows projected and actual numbers for four = quarters. I'd like to label each pair of bars with the PERCENTAGE between the = projected and actual numbers for each quarter, rather than the actual = number each bar represents. Is there a way to do this based on a formula? (As opposed to creating = text boxes and insertng them?) Thanks so much. ------=_NextPart_000_000E...

Multiple rows of data on a single axis (charting)
I have several rows of data that are separated by several other rows (that I don't want to chart). Is there a way to chart several rows of data on one continuous axis? For example (see below) I want to chart Row 1, Row 3 and Row 5 on one axis that would show a trend of 25, 50, 75, 5, 10, 15, 1, 2, 3. I have tried separting the rows with comas, colons, &, "", + and can't get it to work. I don't want to copy and paste the data into a new format b/c that will take too much time. Any suggestions? Column A Column B Column C Row 1 25 ...

Dynamic CRM
Please let me know that, Dynamic CRM is for Small size Businesses or Medium or larg? It will depends on sugar percentage in the blood?? "John" wrote: > Please let me know that, Dynamic CRM is for Small size Businesses or Medium > or larg? John, Microsoft Dynamics CRM can be used for just about any size business - small, medium, or large, although the implementations will probably be different for each sized company. Michael Cross Navint http://www.navint.com "John" wrote: > Please let me know that, Dynamic CRM is for Small size Businesses or Medium ...

Import into CRM 3.0 Contacts?
What's the easiest way to get Outlook Contacts imported into CRM 3.0 Contacts? Per... use this way http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/configure/outlookimport.mspx -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Per Moeller-Olsen" wrote: > What's the easiest way to get Outlook Contacts imported into CRM 3.0 > Contacts? > > Per... > > > Thanks. Will try that. Per... "Imran-mscrmexpert" <mscrmexpert@gmail.com...

Outlok -CRM Mail Merge Error
Hi All, When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error message: A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community for Solutions any response would be appreciate. Thanks KS I had this error too. When I changed the user's security role to "read" Leads - the error dissappeared! I have no idea why this should have fixed the problem. Adrian. "KS" wrote: > Hi All, > > When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error > message: > A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community...

Breaking out rows of data, sequentially, into headered columns
Merry Christmas everyone, I highly respect the great minds that solve the many Excel riddles that are posted on this newsgroup. I hope you are all having a great holiday. If anyone is so inclined or feels like solving one on their return, here is my issue... I have existing code below that is quite useful for its former purpose, but I wonder if it could be modified to suit a new application. It probably just needs a little tinkering, but who knows. 1) My raw data consists of sequential (already sorted) numbers in column A, running for unspecified (varying, that is) lengths of...

CRM 3.0
Hi everyone, How do I set up Services so that I can schedule service activities? I have followed the instructions on the help file (ie: Settings->Settings->Services) but I cannot find "Services" in the Settings section. Any ideas? Thanks Rael Can you check if your role has "Service Management" related privileges? If you have the right privileges, you should be able to see the Services link in Settings (right after the link to Product Catalog)... -- Jagan Peri Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, a...

how do I insert multiple rows in excel after every row of data
I need to insert 23 rows after every row that is currently in my spreadsheet For i = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1 Cells(i+1,"A").Resize(23,1).Entirerow.Insert Next -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "grantm5" <grantm5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40AB897A-4D38-46AF-934A-2451496EEEC5@microsoft.com... > I need to insert 23 rows after every row that is currently in my spreadsheet ...

Keeping data private per User in a multi user database
Hello. I have an Accounting Access DB that I intend at some point to split into front-end (tables, forms, reports) and back-end (data), then I hope to deploy on the web. I will eventually have around 30 distributed users (only about 5 concurrent) – each inputs the same type of financial data but does business independent of the others and so must NEVER see the data entered by the other users. To make future releases and bug fixes as simple as possible, I intend to have a single instance of the front-end that each of the Users will access. However, as each User must NEVER see...

User seeing too much data
I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view role, everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his old role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can still see data that was linked to his old role. User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of several hundred records and had full organizational view privlages. About 6 months ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of records and should only be able to access and see the records he owns. The records he used to own hav...

Microsoft CRM Connectors blog
Dear All, The following Microsoft CRM Connectors blog contains some useful information on the Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP. This blog will also provide information on future Microsoft CRM Connectors and integration solutions such as with Microsoft Dynamics AX, or the BizTalk Adaptor for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, etc. You can also use this blog to get answers to questions on the Microsoft CRM Connectors or to provide feedback. Blog URL: http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoftcrmconnectors/default.aspx Regards, Manohar ...

CRM Navagation SP2 related
I downloaded the patch to correct the navagation problem in CRM, but I am still having the same problems - it did not fix the problem. Any idea of what do try next? I also am having this problem. I have isntalled the update, but still have a problem returning to the home page. At the moment this seems to only affect machijnes that have been "windows updates serviced" to SP2 (still confirming), as apposed to upgraded using the network "all in one" install "Heather" wrote: > I downloaded the patch to correct the navagation problem in CRM, but I am &...

Referencing Data Filter to a cell value
i am having continuing problems with the following: I have a spreadsheet which lists project status. One of the columns shows the installation subcontractor. I want to have a drop down box where you select the contractor, and once selected, the list automatically (or by use of a macro button) filters to that selected. I have put the drop down box in, then created a vlookup to convert each contractor to a number, and placed a hidden column with this info. Where i am stuck is how i get the data filter to look at my link cell from the drop down box. Any help is appreciated Richard R...

crm 3.0
We put item serial numbers in the Invoice Products and print them on the Invoices. I would like to be able to view and search ALL Invoice Products to find them based on the Serial Numbers. Product Invoice [x] box is disabled in customize entity. How can I change this to enable so that the entities can easily be part of the Services menu? Our system is highly customized so I will accept any ideas or suggestions. ...

No data showing in query
I am new to Access and am using Access 2007. I wanted to create a query to bring data together from several tables to complete forms and form letters. I used the Query Wizard to create a query which selected data from the different tables. It worked fine and I was able to complete a form in Word. I have now used the the same process using the same tables for a couple of other queries but now there is no data in those datasheets. Anything I'm missing here? Thanks. There are three ways of creating a query. The query wizard, which you've used, is at one end of the &q...

Exporting Custom Security Roles CRM 4.0
Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes sense that customized ones could be exported. I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they listed in the export customizations list? -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog ---------------------------------------------------------- "Kraig" <kraigr3@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9737235c-b921-4d9b-902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googlegroup...

Backing Up Outlook.pst to CD
I used to easily find location of all my Outlook.pst files in order to back up to CD quickly. Recently had a crashed harddrive, and easily restored my files to new harddrive. Now I can't find location of current .pst files to back up to CD anew. Where are the full files? I know it's a large file and easily recognizable once found. Open Outlook, right click on personal folders and select properties > advanced. Dialog box should list drive/path/filename information so you can quickly locate it. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Access log ms crm 3.0
Hi, I want to achieve following requirements through crm... plz let me know, whether they are possible to achieve and how, if yes.. 1) to log the userid and the crm module they have accessed... (with datetime etc.) 2) to disallow concurrent login by same userid... Thanks... 1) Use the IIS logs. They contain everything you need. 2) There's no login and no logoff, so it's nearly impossible to do what you want. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.c...

Going Back to 2003
How do I go back to office 2003. Too many problems with the beta -- ray What problems do you have with the beta? Going back can be as simple as uninstalling 2007 and reinstalling 2003, but it is also very likely that you'll run into trouble. I'd only go back if your problems cannot be solved. Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "raymi" <raymi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9721EB11-A922-4FD9-999A-F8B7D69D0D65@microsoft.com: > How do I go back to office 2003. Too many problems with the beta > > -- > ray the best way...

Sync Exchange to CRM
My customer wants to do a one-off load of the company Global address book and then to sync changes, additions between CRM & Exchange. How can this be done. Many thanks, Karl. ...

Data Migration Error
Hi All, Im having trouble importing email activites into MS CRM. When running the migration tool , Im getting the following error in the logs for every email I've set up as an activity. I've checked the guids for the owninguser and the objectid (contact), and they all exist. Im not creating any associated records in the cdf_ActivityParty table, as I only want to store the link for the "regarding" item so to speak. Thoughts anyone? - Its my last issue to resolve before I can put this out to production. Regards, Cameron 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- [ERROR] Failed to...

lost data....lost person! #3
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...