Back up and restore database in 3.0

I  backuped the MSCRM and METABASE databases from  box A and restored them
onto box B.  Both boxes are in the same network (same AD).

Is there anything else I need to do to box B?

Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you are going to use server B as new CRM server, try the following link
that I have picked up from kbAlertz :
http://www.kbalertz.com/917948/Microsoft.Dynamics.databases.server.different.server.domain.aspx#appliesto

"HEC" wrote:

> I  backuped the MSCRM and METABASE databases from  box A and restored them
> onto box B.  Both boxes are in the same network (same AD).
>
> Is there anything else I need to do to box B?
>
> Thanks.
Thanks Hugo but the intent is , for now, to copy from one test server  and
restore onto another test server.  Eventualy I'd like be albe to backup
database from a production server
and restore it onto a Developer server, I don't believe that I need to use
the re-deployment tools for this.  Your respond did anwsered other question I
had, THANKS.
"Hugo" wrote:
> If you are going to use server B as new CRM server, try the following link
> that I have picked up from kbAlertz :
> http://www.kbalertz.com/917948/Microsoft.Dynamics.databases.server.different.server.domain.aspx#appliesto
>

> "HEC" wrote:
>
> > I  backuped the MSCRM and METABASE databases from  box A and restored them
> > onto box B.  Both boxes are in the same network (same AD).
> >
> > Is there anything else I need to do to box B?
> >
> > Thanks.
If you are trying to backup from Prod and restore to Dev, you do need to
redeployment wwizard.  If you just do a backup/resture, all the user & AD
SID's will be pointing to your production information which will cause major
problems.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Hugo" wrote:
> If you are going to use server B as new CRM server, try the following link
> that I have picked up from kbAlertz :
> http://www.kbalertz.com/917948/Microsoft.Dynamics.databases.server.different.server.domain.aspx#appliesto
>

> "HEC" wrote:
>
> > I  backuped the MSCRM and METABASE databases from  box A and restored
> > them
> > onto box B.  Both boxes are in the same network (same AD).
> >
> > Is there anything else I need to do to box B?
> >
> > Thanks.

0
Matt
6/20/2006 4:20:29 AM
Matt,

Would this still be an issue if prod and dev are in the same AD
domain/environment ?

Matt Parks wrote:
> If you are trying to backup from Prod and restore to Dev, you do need to
> redeployment wwizard.  If you just do a backup/resture, all the user & AD
> SID's will be pointing to your production information which will cause major
> problems.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "HEC" <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Hugo but the intent is , for now, to copy from one test server  and
> restore onto another test server.  Eventualy I'd like be albe to backup
> database from a production server
> and restore it onto a Developer server, I don't believe that I need to use
> the re-deployment tools for this.  Your respond did anwsered other question
> had, THANKS.
> "Hugo" wrote:
> > If you are going to use server B as new CRM server, try the following link
> > that I have picked up from kbAlertz :
> > http://www.kbalertz.com/917948/Microsoft.Dynamics.databases.server.different.server.domain.aspx#appliesto
> >

> > "HEC" wrote:
> >
> > > I  backuped the MSCRM and METABASE databases from  box A and restored
> > > them
> > > onto box B.  Both boxes are in the same network (same AD).
> > >
> > > Is there anything else I need to do to box B?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

0
DerekH
6/20/2006 11:12:19 AM
Yes.  If you make any security related changes, they won't be reflected in
the other deployment.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

Matt Parks wrote:
> If you are trying to backup from Prod and restore to Dev, you do need to
> redeployment wwizard.  If you just do a backup/resture, all the user & AD
> SID's will be pointing to your production information which will cause
> major
> problems.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "HEC" <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Hugo but the intent is , for now, to copy from one test server  and
> restore onto another test server.  Eventualy I'd like be albe to backup
> database from a production server
> and restore it onto a Developer server, I don't believe that I need to use
> the re-deployment tools for this.  Your respond did anwsered other
> question
> had, THANKS.
> "Hugo" wrote:
> > If you are going to use server B as new CRM server, try the following
> > link
> > that I have picked up from kbAlertz :
> > http://www.kbalertz.com/917948/Microsoft.Dynamics.databases.server.different.server.domain.aspx#appliesto
> >

> > "HEC" wrote:
> >
> > > I  backuped the MSCRM and METABASE databases from  box A and restored
> > > them
> > > onto box B.  Both boxes are in the same network (same AD).
> > >
> > > Is there anything else I need to do to box B?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

0
Matt
6/20/2006 7:56:51 PM
Hi Matt,
I need to restore a prod database into a pre-prod environment. I've had a
look at your suggestions and postings and have a quick question.  Within the
redeployment tool documentation, one of the steps after restoring the
database and completing the redeployment wizard includes INSTALLING MSCRM.

Am I able to redeploy a database using the tool within an pre-prod
environment with CRM already installed on it? (ie. not having to repeat the
install).

Help?? Thanks.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Yes.  If you make any security related changes, they won't be reflected in
> the other deployment.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "DerekH" <derek.hughes@power.net.au> wrote in message
> Matt,
>
> Would this still be an issue if prod and dev are in the same AD
> domain/environment ?
>

> Matt Parks wrote:
> > If you are trying to backup from Prod and restore to Dev, you do need to
> > redeployment wwizard.  If you just do a backup/resture, all the user & AD
> > SID's will be pointing to your production information which will cause
> > major
> > problems.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM
> >

> > "HEC" <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Hugo but the intent is , for now, to copy from one test server  and
> > restore onto another test server.  Eventualy I'd like be albe to backup
> > database from a production server
> > and restore it onto a Developer server, I don't believe that I need to use
> > the re-deployment tools for this.  Your respond did anwsered other
> > question
> > had, THANKS.
> > "Hugo" wrote:
> > > If you are going to use server B as new CRM server, try the following
> > > link
> > > that I have picked up from kbAlertz :
> > > http://www.kbalertz.com/917948/Microsoft.Dynamics.databases.server.different.server.domain.aspx#appliesto

excel 2000 #3
good day! when I open my excel file example Book1.xls- there are two excel file opens.-"Book1.xls;1" and "Book1.xls;2". they are the same. how this happen? only on this file. You have two windows on the same file. Just close one of the windows with the X in the top-right of the window, and it will be back to normal. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "jaypee" <jaypee2cool@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uY8kpc0QGHA.6084@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > good day! > when I open my excel file example Book1.xls- ...

Exchange V5.5 database size limited
We are using exchange V5.5 , currently the PRIV.MDB is about 12.3GB and PUB.MDB is about 2.1GB Someone told me that once (PRIV.MDB+PUB.MDB) bigger than 16GB, then the whole server will down itself without any notice. is it true ? do i need to defragnment the database ? thanks Steve On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:15:30 +0800, Steve wrote: > We are using exchange V5.5 , currently the PRIV.MDB is about 12.3GB and > PUB.MDB is about 2.1GB > > Someone told me that once (PRIV.MDB+PUB.MDB) bigger than 16GB, then the > whole server will down itself without any notice. > > is it ...

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Editing Standard CRM 3.0 Reports
Hi I am keen to know if i can edit the inbuilt crm reports. i can find the rdl files but not the sln files so they can be edited in visual studio 2005. can someone please advise me how to go about this? regards Ridhima Hi Ridhima, Yes, the inbuilt CRM reports are available for customization. You need to export the report file. The reports of CRM are built using SRS Reporting services. So once you have the .rdl files with you can create a new Business Intelligence Report project and add the .rdl to the project. You can now customize it. Also if you want you can open the .rdl file in ...

Restore to another place Urgent
Hi Is there anyway to restore an exchange 2000 server database without overwriting the existing database I need to restore just one individual mailbox. Thanks William to do that, you need a recovery server... "William Cooper" <nospamw.cooper@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:u8GhXtTOEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is there anyway to restore an exchange 2000 server database without > overwriting the existing database I need to restore just one individual > mailbox. > > Thanks > > William > > Hi, Please the following link to he...

Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window
I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to Access 2000. When trying to open the 2000 file on a machine with Access 2000, I get the error message: "Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window. Please upgrade to a newer version of Microsoft Internet Explorer" I have upgraded internet explorer & I still get the same message. Any suggestions? "Joanna" <joanna@dpd.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:021f01c3926e$084dcc40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to > Access 2000. When trying t...

connecting excel to a database
how to prepare a form in excel so that it gets saved in the database and we can fill it and send it to the database. and we can retrieve it for future reference? Why not just create a form in Access? "bhanu" wrote: > how to prepare a form in excel so that it gets saved in the database > and we can fill it and send it to the database. and we can retrieve it > for future reference? > > On Jul 6, 7:53 am, bhanu <bhanupriy...@gmail.com> wrote: > how to prepare a form in excel so that it gets saved in the database > and we can fill it and send it to t...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

Password to restore Money?????
I have to send my notebook in for repairs. Since I don't know how long it will be gone I am trying to get the programs I use daily to work on my desktop. I installed an older copy of MSMoney (2003) on my desktop. I use 2007 on my laptop and my backup file is from Money2007. I can't install 2007 on my desktop due to some kind of licensing thing and will have to probably get a new license code to reinstall it on my laptop when I get it back (ya HP will be restoring my notebook back to 'original' configuration during repair) Anyway, when I select the restore feature and I p...

Windows CE 5.0 : embedded pointer parameters marshalling
Hello, I have a stream driver with XXX_IOControl function. When I call this function, I passed the following struct pointer to pBufOut parameter : struct DATA { int status; ... PBYTE pData; } So I have an embedded pointer in my driver XXX_IoControl pBufOut parameter. In the function I set a value to pData (ex. *pData = 10). I know that for embedded pointer I have to use MapPtrToProcess in this way : PBYTE p = (PBYTE)MapPtrToProcess(pBufOut->pData, GetCallerProcess()); in this way, all work fine and the caller find the return value 10. If I don't use MapPt...

dave peterson, just responded to your comment of 3/31.

Printing Banners #3
I can't get publisher to print a banner on banner paper without it trying to tile. The banner is not larger than the banner paper--there is no reason for it to tile. How can I get it to simply print my banner onto banner paper? Setup your printer first. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2369201c45ed5$10b6d8c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I can't get publisher to print a banner on banner paper > without it trying to tile. The b...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

Upgrade Path
I wanted to move my CRM Server to a Web Server, off of the SBS 2003 machine. I accomplished this using CRM 3.0 Professional. Now I would like to re-import my customizations and my data. I'm just thinking out loud, but here is what I would presume the requirements to be for this: 1. Uninstall the CRM 3.0 SBE Server from the SBS 2003 machine (after backing everything up) 2. Delete the Existing CRM 3.0 / SQL 2005 Database 3. Install CRM 3.0 Pro on Web Server (Windows 2003 R2 Member Server) with the Same Organization Name 4. Import the Customizations 5. Restore the Datab...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

The Project Server Database is unavailable
Hello, This is my first time to post a question in this forum. So I will apologise in advance if I don't detail my question correctly. I will do my best. I am very desperate for help. My Company has Project Server 2003 ERM Solution. I have two users that have suddenly are getting an error message when they log in to Terminal Server to run Project 2003 with their Windows Network ID's that "The Project Server Database is unavailable:" You can't access the Database for one of the following reasons": There is a problem with the enterprise global template in...

Money for Mac #3
Any news of Money for Mac? As much chance as a snowball in a very hot place! They can't even find the resource to produce Windows versions for anywhere outside the USA! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Dermot" <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote in message news:%23hvzM$tRJHA.4084@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any news of Money for Mac? > And even that's in question. If there were the business case, they'...

GP 9.0 Login Issues
There are two users that are having issues logging into great plains and keeping connected. It doesn't happen every day, only sometimes, but whenever one of them logs in to Great Plains 9.0 it kicks the other user out, even if they are the only two users on the system with 10 users allowed at a time. At times when one person logs in she sees the welcome screen of the other person that usually kicks her out. I wondered if this has happened to anyone else and how it could possibly be resolved. As far as I know these are the only two users it happens to. They both have completely sepa...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Window Placement After Installing Service Pack 3
Hello: A GP 10.0 client has shown that most, if not all, transaction entry windows appear automatically on the far left-hand side of the screen instead of in the middle--ever since the installation of service pack 3. Although this may sound trivial, the client makes use of GP 10.0’s Navigation Pane. Having to move the windows back over to the right, in order to click on helpful shortcuts on the Navigation Pane, becomes a little cumbersome after a while. Thoughts? childofthe1980s ...

Outlook 03 can't resolve name on Exchange Server 4.0
When I try to connect the Outlook 03 client to the Exchange Server 4.0 I get an Microsoft Office Outlook message box that says "The action could not be completed. The selection specification is too complex. Use fewer or less complex restrictions." This is a small business that only uses the Exchange Server 4.0 for internal e-mail for six clients and they don't want to spend anymore money to upgrade the Exchange Server which works fine on all the other client computers. Thanks for your help! On Wed, 17 May 2006 07:04:01 -0700, JamieP <JamieP@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Database
Thank you experts, in advance! I am attempting to make an asset managing database for my personal use within my company. The trillion Excel pages I have to update atm is becoming ridiculous. What I have: A table with all employees' first and last name, division, department, etc. A table with all devices' serial number, type, version, etc. Each device is linked to an employee... each employee can have multiple devices. What I need: I would like to know the best way to assign software to these devices. I would like to have a table of all of the software we own (i...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

Typographical error in RMS 2.0 Manual Index
In the index look-up section for "Denominations" the page is listed as page 226. It should read 224. Please correct in future publications of the manual. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...