Autopopulate Case Resolution Dialog Box

Hi

We are aware that we cannot populate the 'Case Resolution Dialog Box' so we
have created custom attributes named 'Resolution' , 'Description' and
'Resolved' and inserted these fields on the Case form.

We would not like to remove the Case Resolution record or button from CRM
however we would like the fields on the 'Case Resolution Dialog Box' to be
autopopulated with the information that was captured on the Case form.

I attempted to do this using a workflow rule which of course did not work.
Is there
a supported way that we can achieve this bit of functionality?\

This is quite an urgent requirement and I would really appreciate any advice
or suggestions.

Many Thanks
Mark
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hey Mark,

The Case Resolution entity is not a customizable entity. Which means
that you cannot use Workflow to populate this form, nor can you map
values, add client side code, etc.

You can, however, modify the StatusCode for the Incident entity and
set a default for each StateCode. So for Resolved, you can add new
potential values for the State of Active you can add/remove Status
Reason values and set the Default value to "In Progress" to "waiting
for Details". For "Resolved" you can add the value "Customer
Resolved", etc.

0
MDoddio (29)
7/24/2008 3:02:14 PM
Hi Dodd

Thanks for getting back to me. I am aware that we can customize the
'Resolution Type' however it seems as though this is the only field that can
be customized.

We really need to edit the Case Resolution Dialog Box or at least have the
data auto populated.

I wish that this could be done in some way. Maybe we should discard the Case
Resolution completely however I am unsure what effects this will have
especially when extracting reports.

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Many Thanks
Mark

"Dodd" wrote:

> Hey Mark,
>
> The Case Resolution entity is not a customizable entity. Which means
> that you cannot use Workflow to populate this form, nor can you map
> values, add client side code, etc.
>
> You can, however, modify the StatusCode for the Incident entity and
> set a default for each StateCode. So for Resolved, you can add new
> potential values for the State of Active you can add/remove Status
> Reason values and set the Default value to "In Progress" to "waiting
> for Details". For "Resolved" you can add the value "Customer
> Resolved", etc.

How do I change case of a Font to 'Title Case' in Word 2007?
There was an option in Word 97 of 'Title case' for changing the case of the font being used. How do I do that in Work 2007 Shift +F3. Cycle thru it to change the case. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "ArrBee" <ArrBee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52E6333A-2C54-4375-BF44-085139BC1714@microsoft.com... > There was an option in Word 97 of 'Title case' for changing the case of > the > font being used. > How do I do that in Work 2007 ...

Can extra processing threads help in this case?
I have an application that uses enormous amounts of RAM in a very memory bandwidth intensive way. I recently upgraded my hardware to a machine with 600% faster RAM and 32-fold more L3 cache. This L3 cache is also twice as fast as the prior machines cache. When I benchmarked my application across the two machines, I gained an 800% improvement in wall clock time. The new machines CPU is only 11% faster than the prior machine. Both processes were tested on a single CPU. I am thinking that all of the above would tend to show that my process is very memory bandwidth intensive, and thus ...

Drop Down Box Size
I have several drop down boxes each linked to each other and they work fine however I need one of them to display more lines than it does at present. At the moment it displays eight lines of text but I would like to at least double that. Someone has suggested that you increase the ListRows setting which would be fine if I could find it in Office 97 Excel. Its not in the Validation settings that I can see. Can anybody help. -- grahammal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ grahammal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

Highlighted box will not move.
Highlighted box will not move around with the arrow keys, why not? Screen shifts with arow keys, but need mouse to move to next box. Return key moves highlight as usual. Press the Scroll Lock button and try again. HTH Michael "kreule" wrote: > Highlighted box will not move around with the arrow keys, why not? Screen > shifts with arow keys, but need mouse to move to next box. Return key moves > highlight as usual. > ...

How to bring a dialog itself to top?
I have a dialog based MFC application. In this app, there is only dialog, and there is a textbox on the dialog. Also there a thread in this app that receives data from IP intranet. If the thread receive some message, then I need the user to input something in the textbox. At that time, I want to bring the dialog to top and put input focus to the textbox. I use the folloing code in CMyDialog: void CMyDialog::BringMeToTop() { WINDOWPLACEMENT pl; pl.length = sizeof(pl); GetWindowPlacement(&pl); if (pl.showCmd == SW_SHOWMINIMIZED) { pl.showCmd = SW_RESTORE; ...

Open File Dialog to fileter multiple file types at once...?
Hello, Here is another quick one for you all. The solution is probably simple, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have the following code: CFileDialog OpenDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT | OFN_HIDEREADONLY, ""); // Later must set this to retrieve a value from the registry OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "c:\\"; OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFilter = "txt Files\0*.txt\0Doc Files\0*.doc\0"; OpenDlg.DoModal(); I am trying to get the box to filter out everything but the *.doc and the *.txt files ... I have seen some boxes that have something that...

Autopopulate? is it possible
Tough to explain, but here goes. On Worksheet 1 I have columns with date, customer name, make, model.. and a column with a dropdown menu of different steps in the sale process. (looking, test drive, sold, dead...) I would like for any row that has column J selected as "Sold" t automatically copy columns B, D, I & L to Worksheet 2 corresponding t B ---> A, D-->B, I-->D, and L -->F So Worksheet 1 B = date, D= customer, I=salesman, L=manager But on Worksheet 2 A=date, B=customer, C=salesman and D=manager Worksheet 1 is my customer and deal input sheet, and on worksh...

Missing drop downs on history and case screens.
I have 2 installs of 4.0. On one of them I can go to an account and then the history or case screen under that account and see a Filter on: and Include: drop down. above the view area. Why would this be missing? I believe it is standard and can't find anything regarding setting it up or adding it. Without these options, the case screen only shows cases I create, I can't see others peoples open or closed items. Thanks for your help! ...

Check box appearing only if there is info in field to the left
We are working on document and would like to have a checkbox appear only for the people that have information to the left. There would be 1 to 4. Thank you in advance for your help. See the section - Repeat a block of formatted text and form fields based upon the content of another form field (and possibly the two methods for adding a row to a table) at http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.c...

Select Names Dialog Box
Could someone help with the following? I am using Access 2003 with outlook 2003 and all I need to do is open outlook and for it to display the Select Names Dialog Box ( it would be nice to open outlook if it was closed) no more than that. Hence I am now after the code to go in the click event of the button. Any examples of VBA code that will work within Access 2003 would be appreciated The Select Names dialog box is programmable starting from Outlook 2007. You can't display it in Outlook 2003. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb176400.aspx --JP On Feb 5, 3:52=...

Email to case
It would be very helpful if CRM could promote an incoming email to a case automatically. Scenario: Customer sends an email to support@company.com and CRM creates a case automatically without user intervention. This would help our company to cut costs because now we have to buy that plugin vom c360 which costs additional 35$ per CRM user. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this l...

I want to reference closed workbooks with combo boxes
Howdy, Is it possible to create a list in one workbook and then use anothe workbook with a combo box to reference it? I know how to reference single cell, but for some reason, when i try to do the same for a comb box, it says "Reference is invalid" or something along those lines. The reason i want to do it this way is so that updating the list ca change the list across an entire server rather than having to updat the list on individual computers.....this also brings me to a secon problem. When the list gets updated, the reference number change, so if i wa referencing Name!$A3 a...

Changing to lower case
I have a 7000+ line worksheet that is ballooned into a very large address book. Over the years some of the addresses were entered in all caps, others (~6000) in corect case. Is there a way that I can automatically change to proper case, ala MS Word? I am using Excel 2003, but can use Excel 2007. Thanks for the advice. -Scott See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm In article <3u3fu25tm1cqmcsq5q4k80vaknof0c99l6@4ax.com>, Scott Brooks <> wrote: > I have a 7000+ line worksheet that is ballooned into a very large > address book. Over the years some of the a...

Save File Dialog auto change file extension
Hi All, I am using the file dialog to obtain a proposed archive file name from the user. I would like to have this feature: when the user select different filter (different file type) the extention of the file name should be automatically changed to the select type, for example the original file name is abc.ini, when the user change fitler to *.log, the filename is then changed to abc.log. How can I achieve this? many thanks in advance. Timmy mdk wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using the file dialog to obtain a proposed archive file > name from the user. I would like to have this...

Primary Key Generated Case To Case?
I have a field in a table Consisting entries choice in a dropdown like: Class A .... Class C .... Class AA .... I want the Primary Key of the said table to be autogenerated as follows: Pickup the last character(s) from the field "Class" i.e. A, C, AA & the number of their relative records, i.e. if 100, 900, 8755 records exists, respectively the key generated to be and updated as to: A-0001 to A-0100 C-0001 to C-0480 AA-0001 to AA-8755 Any suitable formula/code for the said key field shall be highly obliged. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz O...

Customizations from test box to live server
I have a test CRM 3.0 install named microsoftcrmdev, and then I have a live production box running 1.2 named microsoftcrm. The 1.2 install will be upgraded in a few weeks to v3, and we'd like to do all customizations on the dev box export and then import to upgraded v3 install. Is this possible to do? If not can someone please provide best practices to get this done, so we will not have to do after the upgrade? Thanks in advance. Sean If you don't have any customizations on your 1.2 environment and then you do your upgrade, it is just like having a clean 3.0 environment. In this...

message box requesting data
Hi All, We have some user using Microsoft Office XP. Sometimes, a message box pop up saying "requesting data from Mircosoft Exchange Server". Does anyone know what does it mean and how to disable this message from appearing? Thanks. Regards, Mayvien >We have some user using Microsoft Office XP. Sometimes, a >message box pop up saying "requesting data from Mircosoft >Exchange Server". > >Does anyone know what does it mean and how to disable >this message from appearing? It means that your Outlook client is waiting longer than usual for your Exchang...

Case Method & Range Object Problem
I am working with 2 Sheets and 3 Range Objects: Set wsDATA = Worksheets(SHEET_SOURCE) Set wsWORKPLACE = Worksheets(SHEET_WORKPLACE) Set rSID = wsDATA.Range("A5:A563") Set rTEST = wsDATA.Range("M5:O563") Set rDEST = wsWORKPLACE.Range("AC5:AI563") I am using the Case Method with 8 Case possibilities plus a 'Case Else'. My Code's first Case possibility is: Select Case ZEROorONE 'POSSIBILITY #1 - 3 CELLS = 0 ("BAD" DATA) Case (Left(rTEST.Cells(iBB_DATA_Row, 1), 4) = "#N/A" And _ ...

Case Sensetive
Hi, How can I make my query to return both "Bob" & "bob" (during search for a string) ? any idea? thanks Hello, You can try to use "translate" function to convert the string to low or upper case before comparing. For example you could try to use something like this: .... <xsl:if test="translate(@name, 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPSQRTUVWXYZ', 'abcdefghijklmnopsqrtuvwxyz') = 'bob'"> .... -- Thanks, Eugene ------------------------- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use...

Accessing .NET User Control in MFC Dialog
Hi I am writing a MFC dialog application in which i am inserting a .NET user control named WinUserCtrl. This .NET user control exposes the control by a class CfgnUICtrl which is derived from System.Windows.Forms.UserControl, and there are 2 methods SetActionText(string sText), string GetActionText(). Now from the MFC dialog, how do i access these methods? I have tried importing the TLB WinUserCtrl.TLB in the MFC dialog. your help appreciated. Thanks Vivek Ragunathan See http://www.codeproject.com/managedcpp/MfcDialogWinForms.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "VivekR" <KenB...

error dialog loading Outlook 2002
error on loading Outlook 2002: The add-in "C:\Documents and Settings\Trudy\Application Data\Microsoft\I..."could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Unable to load "C:\Documents and Settings\Trudy\Applicat..."You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file. I click ok and everything seems ok. THis started happening after I reinstalled a PIM that synchronizes with Outlook. It used to work fine; then it complained about something. I reinstalled it and now the synching wo...

Default Value in text box is not showing up!
Hi -- I have a text box (txtStatus) where I set the text box's Default Value property to show "Not Yet Worked" in the text box as the default value. For some reason, this value does not show up in the text box by default as I intend for it to do. The control source is the field Status in a table tblMissingCharges. The text box control is not locked. I don't know what other property to investigate to figure out why my text box is not showing the default value I specifiy in its properties. Any ideas??? The default value will show only for *new* records. If your form...

Auto fill drop down boxes
Is there a way to delete a name that appears twice in a drop down auto fill box? Hi Fred This should not happen. Each item in the dropdown list should be unique. What probably is the poroblem, is that some of 'apparently the same' entries, maybe have a space after the last character. Try the Trim function on your data. Yours, Mathew "Fred" <fredlh@attbi.com> wrote in message news:005901c38cf0$341a89e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to delete a name that appears twice in a > drop down auto fill box? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AV...

Looking for best case/actual use for front-end/back-end
I was wondering if anyone knows of good articles that point to benefits and how to's for front-end/back-end. We have had some problems with Exchange 2003 Standard (size) so we are upgrading to Enterprise as soon as license gets finalized at Microsoft. Once we get done with that upgrade (I am assuming that this should be pretty light weight upgrade), we are deploying FE/BE exchange. My chief concerns are DNS internally as well as externally, we have a single Exchange box inside firewall and are planning on putting 2nd (front-end) in our DMZ. Currently we have 'mail.ourdomain.co...

Dialog Editor display slightly different than app's
When I use the Dialog Editor in VS2005, the editor displays buttons with rounded corners and group boxes with text in blue. When the MFC application is run, the same dialog displays buttons with square corners and group boxes with text in black. Also, the font size is slightly different. Is there a way to make the dialog in the app look identical to the rendition by the editor? If this is not possible, can the editor's display be changed to look like the dialog as it appears when the app is run? "Woody" <ols6000@sbcglobal.net> ha scritto nel messaggio news:f...