automating functions

I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for
example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and
automatically assign a new case to the least busy CSR.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Jim
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Please tell me what I would have to do and with what tools in order to create
such a workflow process.

"jmb" wrote:

> I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for
> example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and
> automatically assign a new case to the least busy CSR.
>
> Any input would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jim
Jim, using the workflow engine you cannot achieve this functionality.
You could write your own web service (methods described in the sdk) to
interrogate the activities of each csr and based on your criteria allocate
accordingly.
You use 'queues' - then allocate the case to the appropriate queue and have
the csr's go to the queue when they want to 'take' the next case.
Guy.

"jmb" <jmb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for
> example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and
> automatically assign a new case to the least busy CSR.
>
> Any input would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jim

0
Guy

CRM and Fax automation question
Hi, I'm looking for a good or better fax server that can be easily and seamlessly integrate with MS CRM 3.0 or 4.0. I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install these fax server in my environment, do I still need to do programming and customizations, such as post callout when a new Fax activity is created? Please advise :) You immediate response is appreciated. "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:3484C69D-B193-4B48-86A4-A4529D9DE4C6@microsoft.com... > I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install ...

Error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup
I get this while attempting to build an MFC project in VC++ 2003 that was created in VC++ 2002. It builds without a hitch in 2002. The only difference seems to be the new compiler version. I have stepped through every setting of every project and source file. I have recreated the projects from scratch and, in the process, stepped through every setting AGAIN. Always the same: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup. I've Googled several times on different keywords and cannot find anything that relates to my situation. Does anyone have any idea wh...

Automation
Hello Everyone, Recently our IT group installed service pack 3 on our computers. I wrote some code in word that automatically attaches it self to an outlook email and sends it out. I'de like to disable two windows that i didn't get before they installed service pack 3 there are not titles so here is a description of the boxes: 1 - A program is trying to access email addresses you have store in outlook. do you want to allow this? then it asks for "allow access for" (1,5,10 minutes) 2 - then i get a similar one that just asks you if you're sure you want to send ...

automatic solver function
Hi all, Does anyone know of a way to create a solver function in excel that computes automatically once a number is entered into a specific field? Thanks in advance, -Adam ...

Is there a function to set the Code page of my program dynamically?
Hi, There are several places in my program that I need to change between CString and BSTR. (Maybe the rich edit controls also change between char and unicode, I am not sure.) I am using USES_CONVERSION; W2A A2W I found the same program worked under some languages, didn't under others. Sometimes it worked in Edit control, but not in Rich Edit control. I have added #define _CONVERSION_USES_THREAD_LOCALE in the stdafx.h but found it not much help. I trace into the mfc codes and found it called WideCharToMultiByte() at last. Is there a function so that I can set Code page (ac...

Provisioning/Automation tools for Exchange??
I have been asked to find some tools possible of automoating mailbox moves to specific databases/storage groups based on the department of a user for instance. Let's say User1 is part of HR and has transferred to Marketing. All the HR mailboxes reside on SG1 DB1 and all Marketing reside on SG1 DB2. Is there any software anyone knows of that can read the department attribute from AD and then move the mailbox according to defined rules you put in place. Any and all help appreciated! Mike In a couple of situations, organizations I have worked in have talked about having something li...

Need help Excel 2002 compare function
I'm in need of expertise selecting specific records from 1 workbook that have matching key fields in the records of a second workbook: I have a workbook (Student_DB Database.xls) with a worksheet (New_MSTR) that contains 225 student names and other field data for students that graduated from our school. The two name fields are "First_Name:" (column G) and "Last_Name" (Column F) I have a separate second workbook (CNA_Registry.xls) with one worksheet (Registry) that contains 32,424 names (First_Name: ; Last_Name:) listing all students-statewide that took & pas...

linker problem: function is searched in wrong library
hi all, i have a situation like this: - libA implements and dllexports function1 - libB makes use of function1 using dllimport - libB implements and dllexports function2 - myApp makes use of function1 and function2 and is linked against libA and libB when i try to start myAPP i get an error telling my that the entrypoint of function1 in libB could not be found :-( when i run my dependency walker (depends) on myAPP i see that function1 is in the export list of libA (that's correct so far!). i also see that function1 within the import list of libB and there it is shown as broke (red i ...

Is it Possible to Automate a Graph?
I have a sheet that has data in weekly fashion in the first and second rows. (Row 1, week: Row 2, data.) Is it possible to have a graph populate off of the information in rows 1 and 2 that automatically includes data for new weeks as they are entered in to the sheet? For example, I want to create a graph for weeks 1 through 3 now, and want the chart to automatically update if I add data for week 4. Row 1 Week 1 2 3 Data 12.5 17 18 Thanks for the assist! -Adam Use a defined name using the offset function for your series --...

Way to automate adding pictures in a series in Excel?
I'm putting a column of pictures of people next to a column with their names. If I have the pictures together in a folder, with the photo file names numbered with the corresponding row numbers that the pictures go in, is there a way to record a macro so that (for instance) 28.jpg will go into the picture column in row #28, then 29.jpg will go into the picture column in row #29, etc. In other words, insert a whole series of pictures (filenames the same as their appropriate row numbers) in their correct places, by initiating one macro? If anyone has any idea of how that could be done, I wou...

Word VBA String functions
Hi, I'm looking for a function that can parse a string in Word VBA. Specifically I want to break a directory path into separate parts so that I can create the directories/subdirectories. I couldn't find one in Word but I know the Find function in Excel can do this. 1. Can I use an Excel function in Word VBA? (I believe I may have done this sometime in the past but can't recall how.) 2. Does anyone know of a better function/method to parse within Word, or can you suggest a different/better approach? Thanks, JillE You can use the Split function - eg Dim sP...

Countif Function??
I would like a formula which will allow me to calculate the number of mondays in a month which are either C- closed, H- holiday. or TT- term from the following list. This will be duplcated for each month. I have tried to use: =COUNTIF(B$2:B$32,"Monday")+COUNTIF(C$2:C$32,"H") but this adds the day and the letter. Can anyone help. Regards Kevan Date April '10 1 Thursday H 2 Friday C 3 4 5 Monday C 6 Tuesday H 7 Wednesday H 8 Thursday H 9 Friday H 10 11 12 Monday H 13 Tuesday TT 14 Wednesday TT 15 Thursday TT 16 Friday TT 17 ...

Automating transfers, is this possible?
Hi All. I am using MM 2007 Premium and I'm using Advanced Bills. In "Help" it says .... "Make electronic transfers. Set up automated transfers between any accounts you track in Money" I have a set up an "xfer" from my checking to my savings (same bank) to occur once a month but Money doesn't actually do anything unless I manually go to "Bills Summary", check it and and click "Pay Online". This isn't what I would call an automated transfer. Is there any way to actually make this happen? Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via ...

Another MATCH of combining with two MATCH functions?
Looking at all the posts about MATCH, it seems that its a triggy feature. Mines results in an error, appearently because of its limitations. =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C7,'Sheet C'!E:E,0) I do have another range on the same sheet, namely Z36 - Z40 What is the best and the fastest in terms of calculations: Adding another MATCH with Z:Z or 36:40 or Z36:Z40 or E1:Z40? Bart Z36:Z40 will be the quickest to calculate, as the formula will only have to examine 5 cells - avoid using Z:Z as this is 65536 cells! Hope this helps. Pete AA Arens wrote: > Looking at all the posts about MATCH...

VBA automating Word from PowerPoint 11-22-09
I have an add-in macro that exports PPT content to a new Word document for each PPT file in the same folder as the currently open PPT file. I've noticed that when the macro is finished, and I go to Word, Word seems "paralyzed" (I can't use any menu commands or close the doc). If I Alt+Tab back to PowerPoint, and then Alt+Tab back to Word, all is well. Is there something about automating Word from PowerPoint that needs to be "cleared" when the PowerPoint macro ends - some way to release PowerPoint's control over Word? I found http://www.pptfaq.com...

What difference between these functions?
Hello all: I find some functions with underline before function name, sunch as _open, I want to know what difference between open and _open? I am heard the functions are classsified ANSI functions and Non-ANSI functions, Is it right?I want to know what class the function _open is?thanks. I think it's just a naming convention. I often use _ in front of a function that calls another where I want the user to call the one without the _. I think there is a GCOS version of _open that just replaces fopen but with more options, but I don't think that is any sort of ...

automation
Hi there; I am copying specific cells from a file (actuallu use the address approach, like aa!c12) to another file. The cells address in source file are always the same, but in target file changes each time to lower rows than previous one. I have 100 source files at least, how to automate this, instead of clicking at each cell each time between source and target files. Thanks for your help. in your target file, use dir to get the first source file, copy the cell(s) desired, close this source file, use dir() to get 2nd file and repeat till finish "Darius" wrote: > Hi there; ...

How To Call Automation Methods with SAFEARRAY** [out]
I have a COM component has such interface: STDMETHOD(GetErrList)(SAFEARRAY** pALarr, SAFEARRAY** pVLarr); How can I consume it from MFC ? Thanks! First, add a new class to your project by using either Class Wizard (in VC6.0) or by right-clicking on the project in the class view. Select "Add Class". In the next dialog select "From Type Library". Select your COM library file. Click OK. This will generate a new MFC class that's derived from COleDispatchDriver. It will also have a set of methods implemented, that invoke your COM object methods. Use them at your ...

IRR Function
If I am looking for the APY of an investment and the cash outflows are bimonthly for 6 months, how do I tell Excel that I am doing it bimonthly? Would that be "^24"? Thank you! Steve StompS wrote: > If I am looking for the APY of an investment and the cash outflows are > bimonthly for 6 months, how do I tell Excel that I am doing it bimonthly? > Would that be "^24"? Thank you! I guess I am not doing a good job of explaining, so perhaps I shouldn't respond. But.... First, do you mean "semimonthly" (twice a month) or "bimonthly" (eve...

Word Automation; template showing up
I have a document set up as a template for mail merge using data from a table in access. Everything is working, except when the document opens up for the user to view, so does the template, so you have to different word documents opening up. Is there a way to avoid this. I am just wanting the user to see the merged document in the print preview format. I have included my code below. I appreciate any time and advise on this... Dim objWord As Word.Document Set objWord = GetObject("G:\Users\AJ\Testing.doc", "Word.Document") objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _ ...

Automated Stock Allocation Automation
Hi I have to write a integration procedure that performs stock allocation to Back Orders on Great Plains. This can currently be done by using the eEnterprise application, but I was wondering if I can do it automatically using eConnect Thanks ...

IF Function.
How can I tell the function to not count or add a cell when there is no information in it?? =counta() and =sum() will both ignore empty cells. GEM wrote: > > How can I tell the function to not count or add a cell when there is no > information in it?? -- Dave Peterson =IF(A1="",0,42) HTH. Best wishes Harald "GEM" <GEM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FCF8AF9-5A57-4E32-9397-5FCB719B8D9E@microsoft.com... > How can I tell the function to not count or add a cell when there is no > information in it?? Hi, SUM should not create...

Automate Paste Special Values
Hi- I'm working on a ticketing spreadsheet with serial numbers in one column (derived from a formula). When I copy the serial number & paste it, I also copy the formula. Using paste special and selecting the values option I can get the serial number to paste into a cell without the formula. I also need this value to be placed in clipboard memory to I can use the value in an older windows program. Is there any way to run a macro, vba, etc. that will do this for me? Thanks in advance. I think I'd add the Paste|values icon to my favorite toolbar. tools|customize|Edit Category ...

Alternatives for these functions
Hi I'm looking for any non-mfc alternative function for these two. 1. AfxIsValidAddress 2. ASSERT Can someone please tell me of any non-mfc replacement of these. Regards Usman Hi, "Usman Jamil" wrote: > Hi > > I'm looking for any non-mfc alternative function for these two. > > 1. AfxIsValidAddress // though not sure IsBadReadPtr IsBadWritePtr IsBadCodePtr > 2. ASSERT assert // from <cassert> > > Can someone please tell me of any non-mfc replacement of these. > > Regards > > Usman > > > -- ====== ...

How to automate backup
Is there a way to automate the backup of the isv.config, web.config, and all 6 databases into BAK files onto disk? Perhaps NTbackup for the files? And the databases? Thanks Use SQL Server maintenance plans to backup your databases to a folder on your server and use any commercially available backup product such as BackupExec to backup the files. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "circulent" wrote: > Is there a way to automate the backup of the isv.config, web.config, and all > 6 databases into BAK files onto disk? Perhaps NTbackup for the files...