Automating a Queue in CRM

I've been working with CRM at our company and it doesn't look like I can
apply a workflow rule to a queue, just objects like contacts, accounts, etc.
Is there an easy way to automate a queue after it is set up. For example if
an email comes into a customer support queue to route the email to a
particular CRM user ?

0
Ted
11/16/2004 2:41:48 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can't drive workflow off of Activities in this release.  CRM 2005 will have
the ability to drive workflow off the Activity objects.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:41:48 -0500, "Ted Skinner" <tskinner@intelligix.com>
wrote:

I've been working with CRM at our company and it doesn't look like I can
apply a workflow rule to a queue, just objects like contacts, accounts, etc.
Is there an easy way to automate a queue after it is set up. For example if
an email comes into a customer support queue to route the email to a
particular CRM user ?

0
Matt
11/16/2004 3:36:20 PM
Not in the current version but if you need something immediately check out
the c360.com add-on utility.
It works very well.
Guy.

"Ted Skinner" <tskinner@intelligix.com> wrote in message
> I've been working with CRM at our company and it doesn't look like I can
> apply a workflow rule to a queue, just objects like contacts, accounts,
> etc. Is there an easy way to automate a queue after it is set up. For
> example if an email comes into a customer support queue to route the email
> to a particular CRM user ?

0
Guy

CRM and Fax automation question
Hi, I'm looking for a good or better fax server that can be easily and seamlessly integrate with MS CRM 3.0 or 4.0. I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install these fax server in my environment, do I still need to do programming and customizations, such as post callout when a new Fax activity is created? Please advise :) You immediate response is appreciated. "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:3484C69D-B193-4B48-86A4-A4529D9DE4C6@microsoft.com... > I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install ...

printer queue
I have a domain with a boot partityion and data partition. I am running low in the boot partition. Is there a way to have the printer queues be in the data partition? how? Many thanks in advance, Raul Rego NJPIES Raul wrote: > I have a domain with a boot partityion and data partition. > > I am running low in the boot partition. Is there a way to have the printer > queues be in the data partition? how? > > Many thanks in advance, Change the spool folder location http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736979(WS.10).aspx John Might be...

Deleting file after attachment / attaching to CRM
I am trying to delete a file after attaching the file to the CRM (using annotation). The file seems to be look and can't be delete. Anybody have an idea? ...

Automation
Hello Everyone, Recently our IT group installed service pack 3 on our computers. I wrote some code in word that automatically attaches it self to an outlook email and sends it out. I'de like to disable two windows that i didn't get before they installed service pack 3 there are not titles so here is a description of the boxes: 1 - A program is trying to access email addresses you have store in outlook. do you want to allow this? then it asks for "allow access for" (1,5,10 minutes) 2 - then i get a similar one that just asks you if you're sure you want to send ...

Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Tutorial (August 2006) 08-21-06
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Tutorial (August 2006) CRM Basics,CRM Objectives,Types of CRM :: Operational CRM , Analytical CRM ,Collaborative CRM, CRM Implementation ,CRM Technical Functionalities ,Popular CRM's :: SugarCRM ,vTiger CRM , Daffodil CRM ,Future of CRM http://flying-rugs.com/crm/CRM.html ...

Provisioning/Automation tools for Exchange??
I have been asked to find some tools possible of automoating mailbox moves to specific databases/storage groups based on the department of a user for instance. Let's say User1 is part of HR and has transferred to Marketing. All the HR mailboxes reside on SG1 DB1 and all Marketing reside on SG1 DB2. Is there any software anyone knows of that can read the department attribute from AD and then move the mailbox according to defined rules you put in place. Any and all help appreciated! Mike In a couple of situations, organizations I have worked in have talked about having something li...

renaming CRM group in CRM OU in AD
Hi there, Just wanting to check renaming of groups in CRM OU created by CRM instalation will be a problem? IT manager at a site wants to keep it to inhouse naming convention and wnated to know renaming them will cause problem. Rgds, Kyaw CRM uses the SID's rather than the names, so I think you should be ok. Don't take my word for it however, as you'll severely screw your CRM environment if it does have a detrimental effect. Try it in a VPC first. HTH, R. "Kyaw" wrote: > Hi there, > > Just wanting to check renaming of groups in CRM OU created by CR...

Is it Possible to Automate a Graph?
I have a sheet that has data in weekly fashion in the first and second rows. (Row 1, week: Row 2, data.) Is it possible to have a graph populate off of the information in rows 1 and 2 that automatically includes data for new weeks as they are entered in to the sheet? For example, I want to create a graph for weeks 1 through 3 now, and want the chart to automatically update if I add data for week 4. Row 1 Week 1 2 3 Data 12.5 17 18 Thanks for the assist! -Adam Use a defined name using the offset function for your series --...

CRM 4.0 Accept from Queue
Has anyone found the following with CRM 4.0 Am I missing a simple setting? Scenario:- User 1 Bu = Helpdesk Have assigned Sys Admin Role User 2 BU = Payroll User is in n Payroll Role Queue - Has global on all Activities - Has global on all Case - Has BU on create, read, write, delete and global on append, append to, assign, share There is a Payroll BU There is a Payroll queue owned by User2 and under Payroll BU There is a Payroll role In Role Settings... Queue - Has global on all Activities - Has global on all Case - Has BU on create, read, write, delete and global on appe...

CRM Queue #2
Hi, Anybody can helpl to know... Is it possible to alert if any email comes to the CRM queue Thanks, SAB Create workflow triggered on create event of email where direction = incoming and email address = the queue email address :-) Roger "SyedAbdulbasith" wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can helpl to know... > Is it possible to alert if any email comes to the CRM queue > > Thanks, > SAB ...

Migrate from SuperOffice six to Microsoft CRM
Does anyone here have any experience doing this? If so, what were your experiences? Any problems, hurdles etc? Never heard of this product and never seen it mentioned in these groups going back to Jan 2003 - sorry. Does superoffice have any export capabilities? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "H�vard Olerud Eriksen" <hoeriksen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150722558.689057.241600@r2g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone here have any experience doing this? If so, what were your > experience...

Email Router Queueing Emails?
We just upgraded from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and now it takes 15 -20 minutes for the first email messages of the day to be delivered. Another group at my company noticed the same issue. Normal Emails sent through Outlook are not being delayed during that same time frame so it doesn't appear to be an Exchange issue. However, I'm not an Exchange admin or really familiar with the admnistrative aspects of the product so I don't know where to start looking. Is there something in the CRM that would tell me what time emails are being sent? -- Thanks, Jim FYI ... I'm not usi...

CRM 3.0 folder interface in Exchange web client
Hi, Does anyone know if we can install CRM 3.0 client for outlook on the exchange server so that it can have CRM folders and tool options available for remote user using outlook web interface ? The question may be totally invalid, but this is kind of requirememt for a client. Best Regards Atul Hi Atul, You can't really integrate the CRM outlook client and the OWA as the OWA model cannot be extended. Also the Outlook client requires a VPN connection (it won't run over Http or Rpc Over Http). You can run the CRM web client over Http (with some drawbacks like reports if it is n...

Cannot enumerate mail queue E2K
When logged into my front-end E2K server, I suddenly cannot enumerate the SMTP message queue on one of my back-end E2K servers. I can enumerate the queues on the other two back-end servers fine. I usually do this several times a day, as we have been having delivery (networking) problems. It worked fine through yesterday, and today, the Enumerate entry on the menu has been grayed out all day. I know the server is active, and a lot of mail is being delivered to the mailboxes on that server just fine. When I tried to use the custom filter to see whether I could get anywhere with that,...

Way to automate adding pictures in a series in Excel?
I'm putting a column of pictures of people next to a column with their names. If I have the pictures together in a folder, with the photo file names numbered with the corresponding row numbers that the pictures go in, is there a way to record a macro so that (for instance) 28.jpg will go into the picture column in row #28, then 29.jpg will go into the picture column in row #29, etc. In other words, insert a whole series of pictures (filenames the same as their appropriate row numbers) in their correct places, by initiating one macro? If anyone has any idea of how that could be done, I wou...

an error appeared when some one trying to save any thing on CRM 3.
Hi All, we have CRM 3.0 installed in our network, resentlly users start suffering from an error appeared when saving any kind of data on CRM web client, the fact that dtat are not saved as well. I checked logs on CRM server, and I noted that there are a lot of c360 events in event viewr, and am not sure about another event related to kerberos error if it's affecting CRM or not? any one can advice please?? MSN no one to help with this... "Mohammad S Najdawi" wrote: > Hi All, > we have CRM 3.0 installed in our network, resentlly users start suffering > from an e...

Import Contacts from Outlook into CRM as Accounts
I have a customer with about 800 Contacts within Outlook and I need to import them into CRM as accounts. How can this be done easily? Is there an easy way to do this, or another way to go about getting this done? Mike, I will try and answer this. First, you should understand that Outllook stores all of its data (Contacts, Mail Messages, Tasks, etc.) in a PST file (usually contact.pst) and this file is usually in your profile folder (C:\Documents and Settings\kevin\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook). Note: There should or may be other PST files there as well (maybe ba...

CRM to CRM data import
I am trying to figure out if its possible to import data into a MS CRM system from an existing MS CRM. We wanted to change the main Organization Unit but found out that its not possible, now we are trying to get another instance up and import data from old instance. Any comments/help? Thanks Unfortunately, you need to use the CRM Data Migration Framework. Mike "Farooq" <farooq@managepoint.com> wrote in message news:%23egr8Dl%23DHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am trying to figure out if its possible to import data into a MS CRM > system from an existing MS CRM. ...

Problems with CRM 3.0 install
I'm sure that I've just done something idiotic, but I'm throwing myself on the mercy of the group. I've installed CRM 3.0 Small Business on SBS2003 Standard server. The install seemed to go ok, but I'm having the following problems that I can't seem to resolve: 1) I can connect from my laptop to the crm server via IE using http:<url>:5555, but I cannot get the installed version of the CRM client to work on my laptop. I keep getting the error message that it cannot communicate with the crm server. 2) From the CRM Web interface I can send an email directly to a ...

moving/copying crm databse to test environ
Before we implemented CRM, I built a virtual test environment for our consultants to work with. 4 virtual machines: crm, domain controller, exchange, sql2005. We have since implemented CRM in our production environment. The consultants are gone, and the project lead has been making changes in the production environment. We want her to make changes in the test environment. So, wed like to copy the database information from production to test. the catch: the virtual test environ is a completely separate domain and forest. Is it possible to import data from the production db (sql 2005) to the t...

Automating transfers, is this possible?
Hi All. I am using MM 2007 Premium and I'm using Advanced Bills. In "Help" it says .... "Make electronic transfers. Set up automated transfers between any accounts you track in Money" I have a set up an "xfer" from my checking to my savings (same bank) to occur once a month but Money doesn't actually do anything unless I manually go to "Bills Summary", check it and and click "Pay Online". This isn't what I would call an automated transfer. Is there any way to actually make this happen? Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via ...

Removing Old CRM Servers from Deployment Manager
How do you remove old CRM servers from the Server Manager folder in Deployment Manager? The CRMSecurityService has a couple errors in the app log that relate to the old CRM servers. Where is that data stored and how do you get rid of it? TIA these old servers will still be in your active directory. In particular there will be an entry under each computername like crmsecurityservice. I had the same issue with an old server that was still in the AD. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Lance Murphy"...

VBA automating Word from PowerPoint 11-22-09
I have an add-in macro that exports PPT content to a new Word document for each PPT file in the same folder as the currently open PPT file. I've noticed that when the macro is finished, and I go to Word, Word seems "paralyzed" (I can't use any menu commands or close the doc). If I Alt+Tab back to PowerPoint, and then Alt+Tab back to Word, all is well. Is there something about automating Word from PowerPoint that needs to be "cleared" when the PowerPoint macro ends - some way to release PowerPoint's control over Word? I found http://www.pptfaq.com...

automation
Hi there; I am copying specific cells from a file (actuallu use the address approach, like aa!c12) to another file. The cells address in source file are always the same, but in target file changes each time to lower rows than previous one. I have 100 source files at least, how to automate this, instead of clicking at each cell each time between source and target files. Thanks for your help. in your target file, use dir to get the first source file, copy the cell(s) desired, close this source file, use dir() to get 2nd file and repeat till finish "Darius" wrote: > Hi there; ...

Is there any kind of primary key in CRM
Here is the situation. I have many leads and oppurtunities in the line of business that we are in multiple oppurtunities can come from the same lead source. I am trying to write a report joining the lead and oppurtunity views so I can pull data from both. However whenever I try to join the two tables on the lead name I am getting more entries than there should be because there are mulitple oppurtunities listed under a single lead and it is creating a listing for each oppurtunity under each. Is there a primary key or something along the lines that I can use to join the lead and oppurtu...