Automatically Change Lead Status????

I am new to this, but I was wondering if there was a way to change the lead
status on numerous leads (275) at one time that were created on a specific
date (imported in) but only if they still stay New.  What we are doing is we
have mailings going out each week where then our sales personnel have 30 days
in which to contact the clients that received the letters.  The sales
personnel are then supposed to change the lead status from New to Contacted.
If they have not contacted the clients I want to be able to run something
that changes all of those statuses to overdue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Kim

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can do this through the work flow manager.  You can create a work flow
that will set the status of a lead based on an activity that has occured
within a specific time period.  I won't get into too much detail here but
you definitely want to use a work flow.

You might consider looking into Workflow for this.  Another option would be to
write alittle app using the SDK and .Net to find the records in question and
then update them.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:10:02 -0700, kkrebs <kkrebs@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

I am new to this, but I was wondering if there was a way to change the lead
status on numerous leads (275) at one time that were created on a specific
date (imported in) but only if they still stay New.  What we are doing is we
have mailings going out each week where then our sales personnel have 30 days
in which to contact the clients that received the letters.  The sales
personnel are then supposed to change the lead status from New to Contacted.
If they have not contacted the clients I want to be able to run something
that changes all of those statuses to overdue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Kim

0
Matt
7/29/2005 4:26:17 AM
I'm also new to the work flow manager.  I did one work flow but this one I am
stuck on.  Would you mind getting into some more detail for me?

Thank you!

"G-Graves" wrote:

> You can do this through the work flow manager.  You can create a work flow
> that will set the status of a lead based on an activity that has occured
> within a specific time period.  I won't get into too much detail here but
> you definitely want to use a work flow.

changing format of output elements such as Date
I have a schema where I need to output dates in yyyy-MM-dd format. Are there any attributes I can apply to my property to make this formatting happen properly? Reggie Reggie Burnett wrote: > I have a schema where I need to output dates in yyyy-MM-dd format. Are > there any attributes I can apply to my property to make this formatting > happen properly? You mixed up presentation and storing of information. The main point of XML is to separate content and presentation. Date values must be stored in standard format appropriate for processing, ISO 8601 as required by W3C XML Sch...

Combo Box
I have a combo box of names. A user can start to type a persons last name and it automatically scrolls through the list. One user is encountering a problem that when they start to type the cursor gets inserted into the field and disables the "type and scroll" feature. For example, we have someone named "Dillon". If you click in the combo box & type "DIL" it will automatically scroll to "Dillon" if that is the first name to begin with "DIL". In this situation when the user type "DI" they don't get to type the ...

Change Colour is Date Surpassed
I have a date in a specific cell. If the actual today's date is greater than that of the date in the specific cell, then I would like that cell colour to change red. For example, today is the 10th May. If the date in cell A1 is 9th May, then I would like the cell colour to change to red. Thanks in advance Select the cells you want to apply the formatting to and select from th toolbar "format"/"Conditional Formatting" and set it to Cell value is less than =TODAY() and set up the format you want to give it. Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Mac OS X Panther changes Word files to Unix
I've just tried to transfer Word v. 5.1 files from a Power Macintosh 5500, OS 8.1 to my iMac running Panther and Office for OS X. The floppy disk opened on the iMac, but all the file icons had changed. Get Info identified all these as Unix exec files. Also, when I tried to eject the floppy I was unable to drag it to Trash. I got message saying that it was still in use, and to try closing applications. No apps were open, and only a restart allowed me to release the disk. Any ideas why this happened, and how I can restore my old Word files, so that I can burn them to a CD? When I was on...

How do I change the font size of my list of emails?
I have a new computer and my Outlook is very, very small. Changing the screen resolution changes everything on my computer. I want to change the font size of my list of emails. ...

error when importing leads with customized fields
We are trying to import leads on crm 3.0. we have to custom fields promonal_originebd promonal_origine2 both varchar 100. then when we import the leads always are getting an error that say "can't import to lead because promona_originebd doesn't exist". But when we are binding the fields we can see the customized fields. any idea have you published your customizations? Dave "ernesto" <ernesto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C96F8897-BA37-4A00-8077-44F6840B5C32@microsoft.com... > We are trying to import leads on crm 3.0. we have to ...

change a color of a cell based on it's contents
Hello, I read many messages about the conditionnal formatting but only three levels are not enough. I explain what I want to do : I've an excell sheet containing some datas taken from the volume occupied by a database. During the day, the database is growing up, and in the morning, a cleaning is performed. We pick up at regular interval during the day. I would like to color the cell based on the % it content from a dark green to a dark red. Something like that : 1-5 : very dark green 6-10 : dark green 11-15 : grenn 16-20 : light green 21-25 : very light green 26-30 : a little bit yellow ...

Getting TARGETDIR in vbscript to change dir permission
I'm trying to prepare a vbscript for the window install custom actions for changing a dir permission during installation. It is now taking a hard coded directory path ("C:\Program Files\abc\xyz\log"). However, since the installation path can be changed during installation, this script will not be working if the installation path changed. I know TARGETDIR variable should be used to get the path, but I'm not able to find the right syntax. [TARGETDIR] in the script will result in empty string. Can someone advice how to get TARGETDIR in vscript? Many thanks. Dim oShe...

How do I track changes made to an Excel spreadsheet within a Word.
I established an Excel spreadsheet within a Word document by just using the Excel icon in Word and creating the spreadsheet. Now I find that the tracking feature in Word will not track the changes made to this spreadsheet, nor will the tracking tool in Excel. Can anyone help? Thanks. ...

Security changes while user creation in GP (Encription Changed ?)
Hi, i would like to know if some updations has been made to the DEX undocumented function Login_CreateLogin. This function is used in creating user logins through GP. Problem: While trying to Export Budgets from AA, none of the non sa users are able to export the budget. This is due to a dll file which retrives the connection for AA. In Montego, probably the security password encription is canged, causing the dll function to fail. Can i have some update on the DEX function Login_CreateLogin pls. Thanks The security and password encryption changed for v9.0. I suggest you log a suppo...

IIf statement to change font to Bold
Access 2000. I have a report that shows [Bond], [Credits], [Debits] and [Balance]. The underlying query for [Blance] is =[Credits]-[Debits]. What I would like is for the fonts in the textbox [Balance] to change to BOLD when [Balance] exceeds the amount of the textbox [Bond] Example: [Bond] shows $1000.00, the [Balance] shows $1200.00. in this case the balance should be in bold font, otherwise it will be normal font. Is this possible? Thanks, Randy. <Randy> wrote: >Access 2000. I have a report that shows [Bond], [Credits], [Debits] and >[Balance]. The underlying ...

Change database in Excel query
Hi all, I have got a excel report from someone which has a query link. However, i would like to change the database that the query is looking at to a different database. Could someone give me an suggestion ?? Thanks If the Query is run by macro, then you would have to go in to the VBE and find the macro and edit it there.......or you could just create a new Query by doing Data > Get External Data > Create New query > and then following the menus.......but be aware, that you must have "rights" and a driver to get to the database you seek.....otherwise the Query will ...

Re: Change datalabel font size for all chartobjects in a row
I get error like "Size method not allowed by Font object" for this code. Can sombodey help me? /Regards ----- "John Green" <greenj@spam.net.au> skrev i meddelandet news:e60uYYezEHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Try the following: Sub SetFonts() Application.EnableEvents = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim chtobj As ChartObject Dim scol As Series Dim dl As DataLabel For Each chtobj In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects For Each scol In chtobj.Chart.SeriesCollection For Each dl In scol.datalabels With dl.Font ...

Merging cells accepts changes in table -- Word 2007
I have a 47-page table with some really funky formatting. I hope I can describe it so you can picture what I'm describing. The first four columns of the table have tall cells that serve as a "header row" for the last six columns. Each of these header rows is tall enough that it spans from five to forty rows in the the last six columns. The person who built the table merged cells vertically in the first four columns in order to create the effect. In many cases, these header rows needed to span a page break, so the person who built the table started a new row for ...

How to change the sequence of the Nested DataRelation XML elements in VB .NET
Hi, I create a Dataset to link three tables in my Access database in VB .NET. The three tables are [Table_1], [Table_2], [Table_3]. I then create 2 DataRelations, Relation_1 links [Table_1] and [Table_2] using ("LinkID_1_2") field that exists in both tables and Relation_2 links [Table_2] and [Table_3] using ("LinkID_2_3") field. I set the nested property of both the DataRelations to True so that the output will be nested. I then use WriteXML to output the dataset to a StreamWriter. The vb code is follow: '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ vb code Start ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened
outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened how do i get it to do this? An answer would require knowing your Outlook version, mail account type, and connection type. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "newbiejw" <newbiejw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDBE10B5-2D8E-4684-99A8-C8C0F4FDC25F@microsoft.com... > outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened > how do i get it to do this? ...

Changing folders in Which Outgoing Emails are Saved Manually
I like to specify specific folders to save certain outgoing email messages. The problem is that I have reorganized my folders in Outlook 2007. Now when I click "Options" -> "Save Sent Item," it brings up folder options that no longer exist. How can I remove nonexistent folders from this list so that I can start from scratch with new folder names and locations? In the registry, remove entry 101f0449 from; HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profile name\0a0d020000000000c000000000000046 For ...

OWA password change fields not pre-filled...
I have enabled OWA password change and followed several KB's. This is running Win2k03 and Exchnage 2003 sp2 single server (no be fe) Anyway.. it seems to work.. except none of the fields get passed to the password change form. (aexp2b.asp) IOW... the fields are all empty. I have read the KB that describes an issue with the iispwchg.dll (register dll) that addresses an issue where part of the domain or userid might be truncated and I have changed the IISADMPWD virtual directory to use the ExchangeApplicationPool. etc..etc... No joy.. I'm not sure how to debug this ????? ...

Changing Info Store location ?
Hello, Our client has just purchased a new Dell server with SBS 2003 Std pre installed. The Exchange info store is currently running on the OS partition(c drive) and I want to change it to the data partition(d drive). I have rerun the SBS setup to the point where it shows where Exchange is currently installed. However, the "Change Path" button is grayed out. Same thing when I applied Exchange 2003 SP1, it won't let me change the path. I know in Exchange 5.5 there was a tool you can run to change the info store location. How does one do it in Exchange 2003 ? Thanks, Tony ...

Change color of point in series based on date
I have a line graph that covers Jan - Dec with 4 different series of data. I'd like to change the color of either the line and/or the marker for each month and series depending on if the data for that month is "closed/final" or not. Is there a way to change the color based on the month and not the actual data? Thanks!! Cathy Jon tell how to do this at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Cow Girl" <CowGirl@discussions.microsoft...

Can not display server and connector status
when I open the Tools\Monitoring and Status\status by Exchange System Manager, Generate a error: "an unknown error has occurred. ID no:c0040391 Exchange System Manager why and how to resolve it? ...

Problem Changing/verifying Type of Account in Money 2004
After converting from Money 1999 to 2004 I have been unable to include dividend and other data relating to a particular brokerage account in reports. I decided to verify that the account is correctly set up. I have been unable to locate the "change type" option referred to in the help section, either within the set-up window or on the left hand panel. What is the problem here? 'change type' refers to, I think, cash, bank, loan, etc and not investment accounts. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010201c3c74c$fec4ad10$a501280a@phx.gbl......

Changing Cursor Direction
Is there a way in VBA to change the cursor direction when it reaches a certain cell. I am using excel 2007 but need it to work in 2003 also. Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlDown or xlToRight, etc. "Microsoft Communities" <ed@danverssoftware.com> wrote in message news:u3slaH$$JHA.4336@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way in VBA to change the cursor direction when it reaches a > certain cell. > I am using excel 2007 but need it to work in 2003 also. > > I know this will change the direction but I want it to change when the cursor reaches a...

Cannot make configuration changes in CRM 4.0 Outlook client
I've recently updated to CRM 4.0 from 3.0. After this upgrade, I am unable to make configuration changes to my outlook client. I go to CRM->Options and make the necessary changes, but when I click OK it just hangs and eventually gives me a microsoft reporting pop-up message. Any ideas? Thanks Do the users have enough rights? I found that if users did not have enought rights the outlook client would work, but then would not let me change options. Try adding a user the the System Administor role and trying again. If it then works it means they are missing a right they need. Un...

LookUp On Change Event Values LookupControlItem
Hi all, I try to set automatically some fields like account name (Custom Field) or account address (address2) on the onChange Event from the LookUp Field "Parent account" in contact. But when I chack the onChange Event, the LookupControlItem has no properties id, name or data. Anyone an idea how I get the correct values? Thanks, Andre Grumbach Andre, To update additional fields you need to call the CRM web service from your JavaScript code. The LookupControlItem itself does not contain the information you're looking for. -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.c...