Automate sync deactivating

We've got about 40,000 contacts in our CRM 3.0 implementation with about 30
owners.  We would like to disable the syncing of contacts and the removal of
the CRM-sourced contacts in Outlook in an automated fashion.  Is there a way
to do this?  We could go around to all of the workstations, but would prefer
a script or something to handle it.  I tried playing around with the
SyncContact registry setting in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key,
but it didn't seem to have an effect.

Also, to prevent these from happening in the future, can the installs be set
to default with these sync's turned off?

Any guidance in this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dale.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

SFO sync over restricted VPN
We have a situation where a parent company provides a subsidiary with their internet connectivity and allows remote users to vpn in through a checkpoint firewall. They are very security concsious and have limited the vpn tunnel to a small range of ports. Does any one have any idea's regarding the ports required to let sfo sync through this connection. (ie Active directory, SQL etc) here is the latest ports list ================ Ports used by Microsoft CRM SQL Server utilizes the following ports: TCP Ports (7) 135 DCE endpoint resolution 139 NETBIOS Session Service 445 Microsoft-DS...

Problem Syncing iPAQ PDA with Outlook using Windows Mobile Device Center
I have sync'd my iPAQ HX2790 with outlook (2007, running under MS Vista) no problem. I am trying to sync a different iPAQ now, using a different account on Vista. When I set up the device using Windows Mobile Device Center, it defaults to syncing all items except for notes. I click notes because I want them to sync with Outlook also. When the sync is performed, everything syncs OK except for the notes, which do not sync at all. Any ideas why this may be, and how to solve the problem? Thanks Dan Use scanpst.exe to scan your pst-file for errors and try again. Note that the correct...

CRM and Fax automation question
Hi, I'm looking for a good or better fax server that can be easily and seamlessly integrate with MS CRM 3.0 or 4.0. I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install these fax server in my environment, do I still need to do programming and customizations, such as post callout when a new Fax activity is created? Please advise :) You immediate response is appreciated. "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:3484C69D-B193-4B48-86A4-A4529D9DE4C6@microsoft.com... > I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install ...

Automation
Hello Everyone, Recently our IT group installed service pack 3 on our computers. I wrote some code in word that automatically attaches it self to an outlook email and sends it out. I'de like to disable two windows that i didn't get before they installed service pack 3 there are not titles so here is a description of the boxes: 1 - A program is trying to access email addresses you have store in outlook. do you want to allow this? then it asks for "allow access for" (1,5,10 minutes) 2 - then i get a similar one that just asks you if you're sure you want to send ...

Provisioning/Automation tools for Exchange??
I have been asked to find some tools possible of automoating mailbox moves to specific databases/storage groups based on the department of a user for instance. Let's say User1 is part of HR and has transferred to Marketing. All the HR mailboxes reside on SG1 DB1 and all Marketing reside on SG1 DB2. Is there any software anyone knows of that can read the department attribute from AD and then move the mailbox according to defined rules you put in place. Any and all help appreciated! Mike In a couple of situations, organizations I have worked in have talked about having something li...

Inventory Sync with Quickbooks
I'm trying to config my RMS 2.0 with my Quickbooks to sync the transaction. I notice that the inventory details flow in one direction, Quickbooks ----> RMS using the import functionality. Quickbooks <--- RMS GL exporting GL exporting does not sync the items in hand nor link the COGS to an item. Anyone knows how to do that? Do I'm missing something? ...

Exchange 2007
If we locked down a user to a particular device using the command: set-casmailbox first.last@domain.com -activesyncalloweddeviceIDs <device ID> and then want to open it back up to allowing any device to sync, how would we do that? Try this: set-casmailbox first.last@domain.com -activesyncalloweddeviceIDs $Null -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:293DF56D-432E-4449-9749-9A66BBF293E7@microsoft.com... > If we locked down ...

Is it Possible to Automate a Graph?
I have a sheet that has data in weekly fashion in the first and second rows. (Row 1, week: Row 2, data.) Is it possible to have a graph populate off of the information in rows 1 and 2 that automatically includes data for new weeks as they are entered in to the sheet? For example, I want to create a graph for weeks 1 through 3 now, and want the chart to automatically update if I add data for week 4. Row 1 Week 1 2 3 Data 12.5 17 18 Thanks for the assist! -Adam Use a defined name using the offset function for your series --...

Offline sync.
I just installed the update for RMS, as per directed I installed on my Back Office as well as at 2 Registers. During the install once installed I opened Administrator and did the Database Upgrade. This was done on all 3 machines. Now after a "Z" out I get a message something like "Must upgrade database to syncro..." , when I do the upgrade database it tells me the Database is already updated. I now have the problem that my offline databases will not sync with my online database. What do I do? You have to upgrade your backup databases, probably one for each register...

Way to automate adding pictures in a series in Excel?
I'm putting a column of pictures of people next to a column with their names. If I have the pictures together in a folder, with the photo file names numbered with the corresponding row numbers that the pictures go in, is there a way to record a macro so that (for instance) 28.jpg will go into the picture column in row #28, then 29.jpg will go into the picture column in row #29, etc. In other words, insert a whole series of pictures (filenames the same as their appropriate row numbers) in their correct places, by initiating one macro? If anyone has any idea of how that could be done, I wou...

Exchange migration and Synce issues.
Hi all, I'm getting this sync issue in outlook 2003 every time I open it. 13:02:16 Error synchronizing folder 13:02:16 [80040119-501-0-5C0] 13:02:16 The client operation failed. 13:02:16 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 13:02:16 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 13:02:16 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80040119-501-0-5c0 I we just moved from an old exchange 2000 server to a new exchange 2000 server. 1. Migrated the mailboxes ok 2. Rehomed the public folders. 3. Removed the exchange server from the site, u...

Automating transfers, is this possible?
Hi All. I am using MM 2007 Premium and I'm using Advanced Bills. In "Help" it says .... "Make electronic transfers. Set up automated transfers between any accounts you track in Money" I have a set up an "xfer" from my checking to my savings (same bank) to occur once a month but Money doesn't actually do anything unless I manually go to "Bills Summary", check it and and click "Pay Online". This isn't what I would call an automated transfer. Is there any way to actually make this happen? Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via ...

VBA automating Word from PowerPoint 11-22-09
I have an add-in macro that exports PPT content to a new Word document for each PPT file in the same folder as the currently open PPT file. I've noticed that when the macro is finished, and I go to Word, Word seems "paralyzed" (I can't use any menu commands or close the doc). If I Alt+Tab back to PowerPoint, and then Alt+Tab back to Word, all is well. Is there something about automating Word from PowerPoint that needs to be "cleared" when the PowerPoint macro ends - some way to release PowerPoint's control over Word? I found http://www.pptfaq.com...

Can one acct sync with another?
Is there a way to have one of my Loans and Liabilities accounts sync up with my Checking acct? I have my Auto set up under the Loans and Liabilities but and I would like for this account to sync up and reflect those payments made in my Cecking account. Can the Loans and Liabilities accounts do this or are they simply just for looks? "mandg" <gscanga@email.uophx.edu> wrote in message news:aoSdnQq5XflV1ELdRVn-vA@comcast.com... > Is there a way to have one of my Loans and Liabilities accounts sync up with > my Checking acct? > > I have my Auto set up under the Loa...

automation
Hi there; I am copying specific cells from a file (actuallu use the address approach, like aa!c12) to another file. The cells address in source file are always the same, but in target file changes each time to lower rows than previous one. I have 100 source files at least, how to automate this, instead of clicking at each cell each time between source and target files. Thanks for your help. in your target file, use dir to get the first source file, copy the cell(s) desired, close this source file, use dir() to get 2nd file and repeat till finish "Darius" wrote: > Hi there; ...

Some accounts will not sync automatically
I have just changed to a different computer still using Win XP I have moved all my email accounts to WLM on the new computer BUT 2 of the accounts do not sync automatically. Yes they do have a tick in the box to include when sending or receiving. If I select these accounts individually from the sync menu they will sync perfectly but not automatically. I am baffled. I have compared all settings with those on the old computer and they are identical. Pleas can someone help me. What type of accounts are they (POP3, IMAP, HTTP)? How many accounts do you have? You might be runnin...

How To Call Automation Methods with SAFEARRAY** [out]
I have a COM component has such interface: STDMETHOD(GetErrList)(SAFEARRAY** pALarr, SAFEARRAY** pVLarr); How can I consume it from MFC ? Thanks! First, add a new class to your project by using either Class Wizard (in VC6.0) or by right-clicking on the project in the class view. Select "Add Class". In the next dialog select "From Type Library". Select your COM library file. Click OK. This will generate a new MFC class that's derived from COleDispatchDriver. It will also have a set of methods implemented, that invoke your COM object methods. Use them at your ...

Word Automation; template showing up
I have a document set up as a template for mail merge using data from a table in access. Everything is working, except when the document opens up for the user to view, so does the template, so you have to different word documents opening up. Is there a way to avoid this. I am just wanting the user to see the merged document in the print preview format. I have included my code below. I appreciate any time and advise on this... Dim objWord As Word.Document Set objWord = GetObject("G:\Users\AJ\Testing.doc", "Word.Document") objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _ ...

Automated Stock Allocation Automation
Hi I have to write a integration procedure that performs stock allocation to Back Orders on Great Plains. This can currently be done by using the eEnterprise application, but I was wondering if I can do it automatically using eConnect Thanks ...

iPhone calendar sync problem
When I sync th iPhone to Outlook 2003 calendar events set up as repeating events occur with an extra day on the iPhone. What can I do to stop this? "Mike007" <Mike007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:516A1C5C-1C1A-4E60-BDCB-ECCE57C03626@microsoft.com... > When I sync th iPhone to Outlook 2003 calendar events set up as repeating > events occur with an extra day on the iPhone. What can I do to stop this? Ask Apple. Synching is completely under the control of the sync software (iTunes, in your case). There are no settings within Outlook tha...

Win7
WLM in Win7 will not automatically retrieve mail from the server when started. Instead the retrieval process has to be started via sync, from tools. I run a dual boot system (Vista/Win7 - 64bit) & WLM works perfectly in Vista. Is there something I am not doing right that is causing this problem, please? Tools | Options | General Tab. Is: Send & Receive messages at startup checked? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Teekay" <Teekay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21513289-960E-4E46-86F6-04F71...

PDA Sync
Is their any "Sync with PDA" functionality in Microsoft CRM ? Not at present. "Tony" <v8rocks2003@yahoo-remove.co.uk> wrote in message news:103kcrcsvaapu29@corp.supernews.com... > Is their any "Sync with PDA" functionality in Microsoft CRM ? > > There are a few online solutions to connect a pda to crm http://www.dynamicmethods.net/mobileportal/ Expect to see a Microsoft CRM for PocketPC later this year hopefully "Tony" <v8rocks2003@yahoo-remove.co.uk> wrote in message news:103kcrcsvaapu29@corp.supernews.com... > Is the...

Automate Paste Special Values
Hi- I'm working on a ticketing spreadsheet with serial numbers in one column (derived from a formula). When I copy the serial number & paste it, I also copy the formula. Using paste special and selecting the values option I can get the serial number to paste into a cell without the formula. I also need this value to be placed in clipboard memory to I can use the value in an older windows program. Is there any way to run a macro, vba, etc. that will do this for me? Thanks in advance. I think I'd add the Paste|values icon to my favorite toolbar. tools|customize|Edit Category ...

How to automate backup
Is there a way to automate the backup of the isv.config, web.config, and all 6 databases into BAK files onto disk? Perhaps NTbackup for the files? And the databases? Thanks Use SQL Server maintenance plans to backup your databases to a folder on your server and use any commercially available backup product such as BackupExec to backup the files. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "circulent" wrote: > Is there a way to automate the backup of the isv.config, web.config, and all > 6 databases into BAK files onto disk? Perhaps NTbackup for the files...

Automation
How can i take an instance of an already running application (like excel or AutoCAD) using GetActiveObject function ? The following code fragment doesn't work! CLSID clsid; CLSIDFromProgID(L"Autocad.Application", &clsid); // Get an interface to the running instance, if any.. IUnknown *pUnk; HRESULT hr = GetActiveObject(clsid, NULL, (IUnknown** &pUnk); ASSERT(!FAILED(hr)); // Get IDispatch interface for Automation... IDispatch *pDisp; hr = pUnk->QueryInterface(IID_IDispatch, (void **)&pDisp); ASSERT(!FAILED(hr)); // Release the no-longer-needed IUnknown.....