auto fill in customer when contact selected

Hello,

I hope Bertil reads this  :) or someone with the same knowledge :)

In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the
customer related to the contact??

Any help mucho appreciated.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field.

--
Regards,

MS CRM Certified Professional

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"Ian" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope Bertil reads this  :) or someone with the same knowledge :)
>
> In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the
> customer related to the contact??
>
> Any help mucho appreciated.
where would be a good place to start learning java script to be able to write
such things in CRM?

"Imran" wrote:

> You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> MS CRM Certified Professional
>
> http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com
>
> Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com
>

> "Ian" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I hope Bertil reads this  :) or someone with the same knowledge :)
> >
> > In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the
> > customer related to the contact??
> >
> > Any help mucho appreciated.
Hi Ian,

Michael Horne has a good collection of crm scripts posted at
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/

You can use the fetch scripts to get the customer associated with the
contact and set it.

Hope this helps!

Sam
_______________
Inogic
Innovative Logic
Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
E-mail: crm@inogic.com
Web: www.inogic.com
--------------------------

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> where would be a good place to start learning java script to be able to
> write
> such things in CRM?
>
> "Imran" wrote:
>
>> You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> MS CRM Certified Professional
>>
>> http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com
>>
>> Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com
>>

>> "Ian" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I hope Bertil reads this  :) or someone with the same knowledge :)
>> >
>> > In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in
>> > the
>> > customer related to the contact??
>> >
>> > Any help mucho appreciated.

0
Sam
8/24/2007 4:29:51 AM
*LOL*

Hi Ian,
Thanx for the compliment. Yes this is possible.
The solution to your question was already in the previous post I've pointed
out to you. There's a long script that uses a webservice that gets
information from the contact. You could use this same script to retreive the
account data (you'll have to call the webservice multiple times to get the
GUID and the Name of the account).

Sam gave you a good hint on where to start for javascripting, that's where I
get a lot of (input for) my scripts from as well.

Regards,

Bertil

"Ian" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope Bertil reads this  :) or someone with the same knowledge :)
>
> In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the
> customer related to the contact??
>
> Any help mucho appreciated.
P.S. Your exact question has been answered before.. Right here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?&dg=microsoft.public.crm&p=1&tid=bb5bd91e-c0b4-43a2-b436-ab01f899097b&mid=2d898dd9-cee4-4435-9f93-9e00bd3adc44

Maybe you can get in contact with the person that has the solution and he
may want to share it with you.

Bertil

"Bertil" wrote:

> *LOL*
>
> Hi Ian,
> Thanx for the compliment. Yes this is possible.
> The solution to your question was already in the previous post I've pointed
> out to you. There's a long script that uses a webservice that gets
> information from the contact. You could use this same script to retreive the
> account data (you'll have to call the webservice multiple times to get the
> GUID and the Name of the account).
>
> Sam gave you a good hint on where to start for javascripting, that's where I
> get a lot of (input for) my scripts from as well.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bertil
>
> "Ian" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I hope Bertil reads this  :) or someone with the same knowledge :)
> >
> > In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the
> > customer related to the contact??
> >
> > Any help mucho appreciated.

Can not customize Outlook today
We have installed outlook 2000 on everyone's pc. We do not use exchange server. We are using Ipswitch's IMail server. When a user clicks on Customize Outlook Today it does not go to any screen that allows for customization. Nothing happens. Does this feature need to be turned on somewhere or does it have to have Exchange Server to work? Thanks in advance, Paul Ivaska The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

Auto Filter problem

custom report filter by customer & supplier
We would like to have the reporting capability to pull a customer list with name, address, email and phone number (where available of course) filtered on customers who have purchased Vera Bradley(Supplier) products in the past. We do use Vera Bradley as a department. The output would be, for example, 1000 customers out of 4000 in the total customer database have purchased a Vera Bradley product and thus show Vera Bradley in their detailed customer purchases. The report would give us just the subset of 1000 customers to use for target marketing purposes. The report would need to be...

Auto-Editing

Customer Experience Improvement Program
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I can't open any Office applications. When I try I get the prompt to enroll in the CEIP. I click "No" and then I get a prompt to check for updates. I do that and it says no updates available, and when i click OK it closes the window but doesn't open the program. I'm stuck in a loop, Please help. You should find that this will resolve it (I'm assuming Office 2008 since you didn't specify). If not let us know: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/install_update.html#fails2 HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Of...

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

CFileDialog Customization
CFileDialog Customization I'm in the process of customizing the CFileDialog class using MFC for use as as a file open dialog. I would like to know when the ListView in the File Open Dialog box has changed to a lower level directory. I believe the correct way to do this is by using the OnCmdMsg Override as provided by MFC. I believe I need to use the pExtra pointer to determine the 'direction' of the folder change in the ListView of the Common Dialog. If this is correct, can someone tell me how to use the pExtra pointer in the OnCmdMsg Override for CFileDialog? If not, h...

Contact Picture
We have a client that wants to attach a picture of the contact to their contact record. Any suggestions on the best way to accomplish this? Cindy; If by 'attach' you literally mean you want to attach a jpg or image file, you can create a note on the contact record called "picture" and attached file to the note. But if what you want is for the contact's picture to be displayed when you open a contact record, then the easiest thing to do might be to create an iFrame that calls a URL that displays the image. if you have sharepoint you could store the image there...

LDAP attributes for importing contacts
Hi, Sorry if this is not the correct discussion group. I am trying to import thousands of contacts into AD2003 so users can select them from the address list that I have created. Here are the fields I am using: DN,CN=paul smith,OU=Test Contacts,DC=SE,DC=TEST,DC=LOCAL ObjectClass,contact givenName,Paul mail,paul.smith@hotmail.com sn,smith DisplayName,smith paul company,Testing Co targetAddressSMTP:paul.smith@hotmail.com The contacts are created and all appear in address list filtered by company name. When I select the contact from AD computer and users right click send mail, mail is se...

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

HOWTO : Export/Import customizations from mscrm to mscrm
Hi, Can we export customizations done in one MSCRM server to other. I have created few forms and published at my site ie. at Adventure Works Cycle. I want to export the same to the clents site i.e Production environnment. on the Client's MSCRM system. Any ideas ? Please help!!! Thanks in advance Anand Sagar do to deployment manager and then expert customizations then go to new server and to import customizations form deployment manager "Bhaskar" <cyberbhaskar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uN1dyYDhDHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, Can we export customiza...

Data Migration Manager
Hi, Really basic question. If I have an account and contact association where AccountName - CompanyA AccountID - 123 ContactName - Bloggs AccountID - 123 Do I map parentcustomer (contact object) to accountID on the account object to link the records together. Doesn't seem to be working so far. Thanks for any help! when you click on "Partner customer " mapping , then it open in window and where you have to choose "Account " and then field "Name" so you have to map to account name {name} /Aamir Hi Aamir, Hmm. But surely the account name isn't un...

IMF Updates and custom scoring via MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml
Regarding the new IMF update process (KB907747), Just so I understand my role here or maybe someone has a different interpretation of the KB article or (better yet) a workaround. The notes would seem to indicate that with every update I need to copy my MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml file into the newly created folder of ..\bin\MSCFv2\<IMF update version> for my custom keywords to be integrated into the IFM scoring process. No registry setting I can just create and have my .xml file exist in one location and have all updates use it? Thanks Don It indicates you need to copy it to t...

PivotTable: Customized Calculations
I have salary data in an EXCEL spreadsheet (each row contains the salary for one individual). I wish to construct a PivotTable that counts the number of individuals in each of several salary intervals that I would specify ($0 - $19,999; $20,000 - $29,000, etc.) How do I do this? I believe that reporting on such customized calculations are possible, but I can't find any explicit guidance. Thanks for your help. You could add a column to the data table, and calculate the salary groupings there. Create a lookup table with the categories, e.g.: 0 $0-$19,999 20000 $20-$29...

Auto date

Replace default CRM form with custom form
I have developed a custom form to represent a custom CRM entity. I would like to load that form when the user double-clicks a record from the lookup list in CRM. I'm pretty sure I do this either in the isv.config file or sitemap.xml file. I've setup both to load this form from either a button or from the Navbar, but neither of these will attach the proper GUID for the record the user wants to open. So can you trigger a custom form to load in place of the default one that CRM creates? Thanks for your assistance. Paul ...

NDRs, Outlook contacts, GAL changes
Hi, We recently allowed a staff member access to update people's email addresses and display names in our Global Address list on an Exchange 2000 (Windows 2000) server. the GAL has about 20,000 mostly external address entries. (There are only 30 staff in our organization.) For display consistency, this staff person has changed many display names in the GAL to a standardized format, i.e. Lastname Firstname -Company. Prior to that, it may or may not have displayed the outside person's organization. Also, some of the listings in the GAL had people's employee numbers as their alias b...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Custom Dictionary Not Available
Since I installed,I continue to get the subject line's error message whenever I start word. It's really annoying. Has anyone else seen this/been able to get rid of it? Word expects a Custom Dictionary to be available. If you don't have one -- or if yours is corrupt -- just create a new one. Someone could provide more specific information if you had given some idea what version of the program on which operating system you happen to be dealing with. If you're using a PC [this is the group for Mac Office] you'll find the Win Office groups here: http://www.microsoft.com...

Difference between "My Contacts" and "Other" Contacts
My office just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. I've noticed in Outlook, in Contacts, that some Contacts that I have access to are listd under "My Contacts" but others are listed under the "Other" section of Contacts. Why is that? Other Contacts folders that are not configured in your folder list. By definition they are not owned by you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Tony Law" <anonymous@discussions...