Authentication broken....

We have had CRM 3 running for about 1 month now with no problems. One of my
colleagues started messing around with CRM Mobile, and since then we have
major authentication issues with CRM 3.

Some users can log on as normal via either the web client or the Outlook
client, while others get a login prompt and their credentials are not
accepted at all.

IIS is set to integrated for crm, they have user accounts within crm and the
restricted access box isn't ticked.

Anybody seen this before?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

crm 3.0 : authentication error
Hi, I get the authentication error prompt for each user having the same login username in the internal domain than in the CRM domain. Passwords are not the same in each domain, and there seems to be some kind of automatic authentication while loading the page in IE. Is there any setting, which could help me prevent this ? thanks, @ntonio By default, the IIS web site allowed anonymous connections. I disabled them, allowing only integrated authentication. It now works fine! @ntonio ...

OWA - SSL
Hi I have a problem with OWA, SSL.... can you help me.... let me tell you exactly what I did: I have FE/BE server... both windows 2003 Enterprise sever SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1 FE: Srv2 192.168.0.2 BE: Srv1 192.168.0.1 The BE server (Srv1) is CA root and DNS : mail A 192.168.0.2 mail MX mail.domain.com srv2 A 192.168.0.2 srv1 A 192.168.0.1 NS: srv1.domain.com CA: certificate Autority: srv1.domain.com mail.domain.com Issued To mail.domain.com Issued By mail.domain.com Exchange mail server url for internal and ext...

Excel Hyperlinks Broken After Windows Update 11/25
I left an Excel document open, not realizing Windows update would be restarting my computer while I was gone. When I got back, my file had reopened (autosave), but when I click on a Hyperlink (to a .tif file in the same folder), I get the message: "cannot open the specified file". This is a 36,000 row document that is worthless without the hyperlinking function. I went back to the file as backed up yesterday and I get the same result. No existing hyperlinks will open. If I create a new hyperlink, it works. I tried backing out of the system updates one at a time, b...

Authentication failed
I recently canceled my high speed internet and am using a personal WiFi. I am no longer using my comcast. email address, which I would use Outlook to read. I get a pop up that says "Authentication failed for s.newhouse@comcast.net" "The server responded: invalid user name/password". I went into 'tools' and deleted the comcast account and still get the message. How do I make it stop? I am using XP. Thank you! On Wed, 19 May 2010 20:24:01 -0700, MacknKeagsMom <MacknKeagsMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently canceled my high s...

Drag and Drop broken/disabled?
Greetings. I have a Co-worker who is unable to drag any e-mail in her inbox to another folder. She clicks and holds, but the little symbol doesn't appear appear below the pointer. No error is generated and she is able to right click the messages. She is connecting to an Exchange 5.5 Server. I am also connecting to the same sever and am able to drag and drop. Any ideas? Windows XP Pro SP2 Edit: I meant Outlook 2000 SP3. Sorry for the mistake. "Dan" <dan@unknown.com> wrote in message news:OpZfAWY0EHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Greetings. > > I have ...

Impossible add user, authentication error!!!
Good morning all, I've just setup microsoft crm 3.0. When I attempt to add a user, I receive an error "Impossible add user through wizard contact support" how I can resolve? Thanks. ...

Authenticating internal server
So here is the scenario. We have database server that is running rational Clearquest. When we generate a new ticket request it generates an email that will be sent back to the submitter and to whom ever is assigned to the ticket. The email is sent through smtp port 25. The problem is that since we upgraded to Exchange 2003 the email generated from the database server is not authenticated with the Exchange 2003 server so it shows up as an un-authenticated email. So in outlook the email says its from j...@test.com, when we want it to show as authenticated like "John Doe" as the from us...

Not Authentic!!?
I downloaded a Microsoft update and now it says my Outlook 2007 is not authentic. I don't get the same message with the rest of the Office 2007 suite. I find it hard to believe there's a problem - I paid a lot of money for the software. How do I fix this? If I have to update Outlook 2007, is there a site where I can download outlook only? -- Alan Zengel Alan;113352 Wrote: > I downloaded a Microsoft update and now it says my Outlook 2007 is not > authentic. I don't get the same message with the rest of the Office > 2007 > suite. I find it har...

Job List in one workbook broken down to Account reps in another workbook.
I am wanting to find a way to update between two workbooks, one is a job number workbook that is constantly updated by 15 different people, the other is a job detail workbook that I want to track by account rep. There are 2 fields that are entered. The job number is an auto number field which is not manually entered. The two that are are the job description and the account rep. This list is very long, probably exceeding 4000 jobs per year. In another workbook I am tracking job detalis pertaining to the job number and tracking them by account reps. What I am looking to do in the second ...

How can Windows authentication be safer then SQL authentication
Hello! This question assume we use SQL Server 2005 or SQL server 2008. All claim that using Window authentication to access a sql server database is safer then using SQL authentication. For me I would say that using SQL authentication would be safer because of the text below. I mean that to access a SQL Server database it's enought to have a valid window account on that server. Assume we want to use SQL Server and we install it on server X. Then if we want to use Window authentication we must have a valid window account on that server but if we choose to use SQL authent...

outlook xp find tool broken
hi all, this one's special: i'm unable to find any mail items after a certain date (11/08) with the "find" tool. i'm using outlook XP (2002), exchange 2000 and Windows XP pro. here's what i've found: - if another user on another workstation opens my mailbox, either in a separate outlook profile or as an additional mailbox, the problem persists. so it seems to follow the box. but: - if i open another user's (who doesn't have the problem) mailbox within my outlook (as a different profile, or as an additional mailbox) i have the same problem with the...

Error relaying mail using authenticated SMTP
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We use SBC Yahoo DSL as our ISP. We currently have a dynamically assigned IP address and use DynDNS.org to handle our custom DNS. The problem we have is with sending e-mail to SBC users. SBC's mail servers will not accept connections from dynamically assigned IP addresses. To get around this problem, we setup an SMTP Connector for sbcglobal.net that would forward mail to our ISP's server (smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com). This server requires the use of SMTP authentication. Specifying the credentials when using an account in Outlook ...

CRM Server Down: Authentication Error
Dear ALL, If you have a solution please advise me soon: After IT install some hotfix + .Net famework 2.0 + Service pack for .Net Frame work 2.0 and our server stop working. The error message is: Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. What I have done: 1. Backup _MSCRM & _METABASE 2. Reinstall CRM Server with the same org_name 3. Restore the backup of _MSCRM & _METABASE But system keep the same...

Outlook Authentication to Exchange from Remote site
I have 2 sites. One has a Windows 2000 AD and Exchange 2003 running. The other all the client pcs are configured in a work group. Both offices are connect by a VPN with and ANY to ANY rule being tunneled between them. ALL connections seem to work fine for remote users to access resources in the Windows AD. However, I just installed Exchange and all the mail boxes work. My problem is I cannot get Outlook to authenticate to the users mailbox using Exchange mailbox. I can use IMAP fine and even connect LDAP for the addressbook. When I try and connect to the server for exchange it giv...

Windows Authentication
Hello! I don't use any Domain I use a workgroup I have Sql server 2005 express edition installed on the same machine that I log in to. I can log in to Sql Server by start Sql Server Management Studio Express and use Windows Authentication. This works perfect. .. When I have started Sql Server Management Studio Express the following screen is displayed Microsoft SQL Server. 2005 --------------------------------------------------- Server type: Database Engine Server name: HEMPC\SQLEXPRESS Authentication: Window Authenticatopn user name: HOMEPC\Tony Pass...

Excel graph function is broken
I have two workbooks with several graphs which now have "shrunken" to unreadable size. None of the resizing steps seem to work. There have been no changes other than adding data to either workbook. If you could send me the file I can take a look at it for yah. mike@komptek.com "Keith Farnham" wrote: > I have two workbooks with several graphs which now have "shrunken" to > unreadable size. None of the resizing steps seem to work. There have been no > changes other than adding data to either workbook. ...

Desktop/Laptop Backup 2010 RTM Broken
I am trying to setup the desktop/laptop backups but I am having issues getting the inclusions and exclusions working properly. Scenario 1. Include “User Profiles” exclude “Appdata” The backup selects all the user profiles but does not exclude the appdata folders. Since that does not work I tried this. Scenario 2. Include “Desktop, Downloads, Favorites, Links, My Documents, My Music, My Pictures and My Video” no exclusions. The backup gets everything but the “Downloads and Links” folders from every profile. The links folder is not that important but I would like to get the...

Preventing email to non-authenticated users
Good morning everyone. I'm running an Exchange 2000 SP3 machine on Windows 2000 Server. I have remote offices that only use OWA to check their email. Is there a way to prevent them from being able to send to anyone who isn't a user on that mailserver? Since the offices only use OWA, I'm a little confused about how to go about preventing their email to external email addresses. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. On 6 Jul 2006 07:25:23 -0700, "manfre" <manfre7874@gmail.com> wrote: >Good morning everyone. > >I'm running an Exchange 2000...

Broken Links
Hi Group, I have a broken link in a file. I thought I could use Go To Special to find the cell that has the broken link but I was wrong. Does anyone know a fast easy way to find the cell with the broken link? I have searched though the cells and found it, but there has to be a better way? This was not a big file and it was only a single broken link, so was not too laboreous. -- David If you know what the link is you can use Edit/Find Rgds, Scott "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4128563-D026-4561-BEEB-8268D16AC03A@microsoft.com... | Hi G...

Authentication
I have a problem with reportservices. When I connect to http://servername/reportserver/companyname_MSCRM i get a web page with integrated authentication i.e. the field for username and password is integrated into the page. When I enter credenticals I get the following error: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) The ConnectionString property has not been initialized. How can I get rid of the authentication fields? It looks like an issue with the service accounts.. Thanks! ...

Kerberos Authentication issue.... maybe?
G/day forum, I want to deploy OWA as a front-end application on a DMZ. AD exists in a 172.16.2.0/16 environment and I've my OWA server set up on a 192.168.8.0/24 network. Firstly, will I encounter difficulty with the subnet mask on each network? Should they both be 16 bit masks? Secondly, the server will be authenticating with an Active Directory controller (Windows 2000 Server SP3). To date what I've done is as follows: Installed Windows 2000 Server SP4 Set up the Server with IP address of 192.168.8.2 with a default Class C mask, gateway of 192.168.8.1 (which is a dedicated PIX i...

Where do I report broken download links?
I am trying to download the latest field service hot fix for Great Plains 7.0 from CustomerSource. There are links to the hot fix 700g20, but it's broken. Clicking on it gives me a "You are not authorized to view this page" error. (Other links on that page work, though). Anyone know where report broken links to Microsoft? Are there alternative download sites for this hot fix? John, I think all the pages on CustomerSource have a Contact Us button in the upper right corner. That's probably where I would start. The link is not working for me either. -- Victoria ...

Authentication
I have the Office XP (2002) Small Business Edition (it came with my Dell PC). My Internet provider requires that I check the option "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" in the Internet Mail settings. I check that option, but when I close Outlook and reopen it, that option is unchecked. I have reinstalled the Office XP SBE twice, updated it with all the updates offered in Microsoft Office Web Page but the problem persists. This problem started after I formatted the hard disk because the PC was too slow. Before there was no problem. Also some of the windows to ...

Outlook can't authenticate with Exchange
Hi... I have several Outlook 2000 clients the were coonecting to exchange through MAPI until a few days ago. No they cannot connect... They just keep getting prompted for their usernames and passwords... Any ideas?? Thanks --chris What OS? VPN Remote or on the network? >-----Original Message----- >Hi... I have several Outlook 2000 clients the were >coonecting to exchange through MAPI until a few days ago. >No they cannot connect... They just keep getting prompted >for their usernames and passwords... > >Any ideas?? > >Thanks > >--chris >. >...

530 Delivery not allowed to non-local recipient, try authenticating
I can't send messages to other e-mails but I do receive e- mails. The error message is: "530 Delivery not allowed to non-local recipient, try authenticating" I'll aprreciate anyones help. Thanks - Pilar. You need to authenticate to your SMTP server in your account properties. If you aren't sure how to do this, contact your ISP - Pilar wrote: > I can't send messages to other e-mails but I do receive e- > mails. The error message is: > > "530 Delivery not allowed to non-local recipient, try > authenticating" > > I'll aprrecia...