Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1

I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net
1.1.  I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs
under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0.  This is where I put my
custom web pages.  Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE
account.  Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows
authentication.  My question is why I am prompted to enter my
credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I
access the page?  Have I not already been authenticated?

0
Nergock
10/25/2006 2:24:05 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put the same URL
as user access the application. My experience is that user access by IP
Address, but I put host name in isv.config (for custom button/menu). IE
will treat IP Address and Host Name as separated server, so it will
prompt for username and password. Don't forget to set impersonate=true
for your custom web.

Gunady

Nergock@gmail.com wrote:
> I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net
> 1.1.  I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs
> under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0.  This is where I put my
> custom web pages.  Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE
> account.  Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows
> authentication.  My question is why I am prompted to enter my
> credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I
> access the page?  Have I not already been authenticated?

0
Gunady

BoundsChecker: Does it eff up VS.NET installs?
I just installed BoundsChecker and now all my toolbar settings and MSDN install and screwed up. Since installing BoundsChecker my MSDN install no longer works. It takes a long time getting the VS.NET IDE setup propertly because of Microsoft's buggy design where settings are not recorded in the registry until VS.NET is gracefully closed. Have VS.NET freeze on you (a common situation) or launch a second instance of VS.NET and you're either guaranteed or likely to see all of your settings disappear. It takes so damn long to get things setup properly due to Microsoft thinks that the on...

formula help please #2
I am transcibing 1891 census in Excel 2002 csv and would like to be able to enter a formula that would allow the following. where column f is a number, column g automaticaly adds the street name. ie London street. blank rows between 20 london st 20a london st 20b london st 21 london st Any help most appreciated Jen Jen, Excel can certainly automatically return data to one column based on the content of a different column, however is this a lookup function? or do you always want the same street name added in? I guess what I'm asking is, how does Excel kn...

Question Concerning Visual C++ 6.0
I hope this is the correct forum to post this or at least someone can help me out. I had Visual C++ 6.0 installed on my computer prior to a hard drive crash last summer. I had Windows XP Pro SP1. I'm not sure what version of Internet Explorer (maybe IE6?) but it was the one that came with the original operating system. I since had restored my hard drive but it is now Windows XP Pro SP2 and I have IE7. I'd like to reinstall the Visual C++ 6.0 on my computer but when I read the installation instructions it mentions it will install IE4. I'm hesitating because I'm not ...

Excel Crashing #2
Hello all Apologies all, I originally sent this to the VB newsgroup by mistake. I am using Windows 2000 with Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. The Excel version is 9.0.3821 SR-1 All of a sudden for no reason Excel started to crash on opening with the message "Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." If i start Excel with the "/o" command line switch, it starts OK, but I cannot start Excel directly or use any shortcuts to my data files to start Excel like I used to. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, un...

Managed User #2
Testing to see if this setup allows me to be properly identified as a managed user. ...

Problem with importing leads #2
When we are trying to import leads it doesn´t work. We don´t receive any error messages during the import so everthing seems to work well. When we are looking at the file the status is waiting. No lead is succeed and no lead has been unsuccessful. It has been working before and we are doing the same thing now as we have done before. Does anyone now why? Have you checked if the asynchornous workflow service is running? -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx "Martin&q...

Ado and Xpath vs. Ado.Net and XML
I am a newbie to Ado.Net. I am trying to convert my code to ado.net but I could not find equivalence. Could someone out there shed me a light. I had data in DB, I created a schema, retrieved data from Db based on the schema and display data in the same format as schema. I did that successfully with XPath Query in (old) Visual Basic but not with Ado.Net and VB.Net. (More explanation about this in MS knowledge Base article 271619) Thank you ======================================== Const DBGUID_XPATH As String = "{ec2a4293-e898-11d2-b1b7- 00c04f680c56}" Dim DbConn As New A...

calendar synchronisation between 2 computers
Hello, i've 2 computers with outlook. How can I share or synchronize the outlook calendar data between 2 computers? Thanx, Marco ...

moving from cell to cell #2
When I first start up excel and click on a cell, it will not let me release that cell. It's like its stuck on there. It will high light every cell, but it won't let go of the very first cell, and I can't use any menus after that....Any thoughts??? This may help: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=55aeb349-f4d5-4b8f-94ff-f98b605c40ae&sloc=en-us -- Gary's Student "Stumped" wrote: > When I first start up excel and click on a cell, it will not let me release > that cell. It's like ...

Division help? #2
In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know a.s.a.p. I can't deduce the logic you are applying here. Can you post some more examples of what you want to input and how you would like the output to appear? Pete If you put 16 in A1, you can put this in B1: =int(a1/3) you can put this in C1: =b1 you can put this in D1: =a1-b1-c1 clayblay wrote: > > In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as > 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know ...

Group Policy #2
Can we provide LOCAL AREA CONNECTION (LAN CONNECTION ) access to a normal user without providing him Administrativr rights.? ...

Authentication failed
I recently canceled my high speed internet and am using a personal WiFi. I am no longer using my comcast. email address, which I would use Outlook to read. I get a pop up that says "Authentication failed for s.newhouse@comcast.net" "The server responded: invalid user name/password". I went into 'tools' and deleted the comcast account and still get the message. How do I make it stop? I am using XP. Thank you! On Wed, 19 May 2010 20:24:01 -0700, MacknKeagsMom <MacknKeagsMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently canceled my high s...

Standard Reports on CRM 3.0
I am trying to setup CRM 3.0; I have set it up on sql 2005 and migrated the data from ACT with no errors. when I click on reports in workplace a message is displayed - an error has occurred - contact the system administrator. I ran the environment diagnostic tool and no errors appeared. Can anybody point me in the right direction to resolve this. For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log onto the Microsoft CRM Server. Open a File Explorer window and navigate to the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed. Open the web.config and chang...

IF Function #2
Hello All, Using Excel XP. I have two formulas that I would like to combine into 1 formula. # 1. =IF(A1<5.5,A1-B1,0) # 2 =IF(B1>5.5,0,5.5-B1) Any help would be appreciated to combine the two to get the correct anwer. Thanks, Michael So what *is* the right answer? For instance, what if A1<5.5 and B1>5.5? In article <_eRub.9141$0K4.4033@lakeread04>, "Mike" <windme@cox.net> wrote: > Hello All, > > Using Excel XP. > > I have two formulas that I would like to combine into 1 formula. > > # 1. =IF(A1<5.5,A1-B1,0) > # 2 ...

unhandled exception #2
Only when I run with the debug build in debug mode I get an unhandled exception 0x77FA144B:User breakpoint. My application is a staticly linked 7.1 mfc c++ application. I am also using a COM object and it appears that the exception is happening in the COM objects code but I do not have conclusive evidence. When I select break it says no source code available and shows me assembly. From other posts on the news groups I have read I get the impression this kind of an error is not something I need to try and fix. Since it only happens with the debug build in debug mode. Any recommend...

crm 3.0 : authentication error
Hi, I get the authentication error prompt for each user having the same login username in the internal domain than in the CRM domain. Passwords are not the same in each domain, and there seems to be some kind of automatic authentication while loading the page in IE. Is there any setting, which could help me prevent this ? thanks, @ntonio By default, the IIS web site allowed anonymous connections. I disabled them, allowing only integrated authentication. It now works fine! @ntonio ...

The file Normal.dot already exists #2
When closing Word 2003, a msg pops up: "The file Normal.dot already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file?" If I choose Yes, it closes. If I choose No, it prompts me to save. When I cancel, it goes back to the blank document screen. If I click close again..."Changes have been made that affect the global template, Normal.dot. Do you want to save those changes?" Word closes if I choose Yes or No. An Ideas how to fix this? Thanks Ron disable word addins - most likely the acrobat addin, but it could be another if you don't have acrobat. -- Diane Por...

Business Portal 2.5 Installation Error #2
After following the web server configuration documentation for extending a virtual server and extending the content database for business portal I still can't get business portal installed. When I get to the "Sharepoint Web Site Owner Information" step I put in my account name as domain\user and my email address. When I select next an error message pops up. "INVALID VIRTUAL SERVER" Any ideas how I troupbleshoot this to get business portal installed. I've gone thru and verified in sharepoint that the virtual server is extened, I've got a buisness porta...

Outlook 2000: One Way Sharing of Info using Net Folder
Folks: I'm having an odd sort of one-way net folder experience in trying to share a calendar. I see hints of this in other netnews articles, but never a clear resolution. I'm hoping this is a well-known problem/fix. Here is the configuration: PC 1 (aka BOSS) windows 2000 outlook 2000 mail: pop3 from UNIX box -- no exchange server account for this machine net folders loaded via Microsoft Office Setup ASSISTANT has a "Contacts" entry on this machine that is coded as "Always Send RTF" PC 2 (aka ASSISTANT) windows 2000...

Thank you #2
Just wanted to thank everyone who helped me get through my project this week.....it was GREATLY appreciated. -- StompS Portland, OR http://www.geocities.com/pdxinvestr/Stomps.html ...

OWA - SSL
Hi I have a problem with OWA, SSL.... can you help me.... let me tell you exactly what I did: I have FE/BE server... both windows 2003 Enterprise sever SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1 FE: Srv2 192.168.0.2 BE: Srv1 192.168.0.1 The BE server (Srv1) is CA root and DNS : mail A 192.168.0.2 mail MX mail.domain.com srv2 A 192.168.0.2 srv1 A 192.168.0.1 NS: srv1.domain.com CA: certificate Autority: srv1.domain.com mail.domain.com Issued To mail.domain.com Issued By mail.domain.com Exchange mail server url for internal and ext...

Read XML using VB6 DOM 4.0 with Namespaces
Here is the XML sample <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <nvd xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:rec="http://www.mysite.com" xmlns:cvss="http://myschoolsite.com"> <entry id="01-2345"> <rec:last-modified>2008-09-05T17:34:06</rec:last-modified> <rec:cvss> <cvss:base_metrics> <cvss:score>5.0</cvss:score> <cvss:grade>6th</cvss:grade> </cvss:base_metric...

address book transfer #2
any help appreciated.....I have two computers with outlook express, and want to transfer the address book from one onto the other computer....any idea what files I need to find and transfer, or how to do this ????thanks. jbm <mccabej@upstate.edu> wrote: > any help appreciated.....I have two computers with > outlook express, and want to transfer the address book > from one onto the other computer....any idea what files I > need to find and transfer, or how to do this ????thanks. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and read http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian ...

Upgrading CRM 1.2 to 3.0
Hi, running CrmUpgradeAdvisor.exe, I got only the following error: "Instance name must be the same as machine name" Since OS installation and SQL installation the server name and SQL instance name have been the same, so, what's or where is the error??? I don't know why I'm getting this error, I have never changed servername or SQL instance name. Software: W2003 SP1 and SQL 2000 with SP4, Did I have to do something especial after SQL SP4 Installation? Any help would be apreciated. Sounds like your 1.2 installation is using a named SQL instance, and 3.0 doesnt ...

2 questions #2
Hi, No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that connects them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and from 42 to 33 on x=33. No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text for each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them in the tool tip when I hover over that point? Thanks, Assaf. Hi, It sounds like you're after a step chart. Try Jon Peltier's site for some examples. Dave "assaf1978" wrote: > Hi, > No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line t...