Auditing Tools

I was wondering if anyone has run across good auditing tools to keep track
of all changes to all entities?  I have run across one commercial product
(www.vscrm.com) and also the following article
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmauditing.asp)
and was wondering if anyone found additional products?

Thanks,

Martin

0
Martin
9/27/2005 3:26:32 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Martin- VAST is the only packaged application that I have heard of.

Dave

"Martin Kramer" <martink49@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if anyone has run across good auditing tools to keep track
>of all changes to all entities?  I have run across one commercial product
>(www.vscrm.com) and also the following article
>(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmauditing.asp)
>and was wondering if anyone found additional products?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin

0
Dave

audit
For audits or other format, Is it poss to export the entire record to MS WORD Hi, By using a addon like the one of mscrm-addons, you can easily export all the columns to Word. For Auditing purposes I would recommend the addon by C360 though. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://www.ronaldlemmen.com/ "VP" wrote: > For audits or other format, Is it poss to export the entire record to > MS WORD > > ...

Inbox Repair Tool?
Hello, My inbox got corrupt somehow and I ran the Inbox Repair Tool on it. That seemed to work but it happened again about one hour later. Now when I try to run the Repair Tool it scans the inbox but when I hit Repair it freezes and I have to do an End Task. I tried this several times with the same result. Running WinXP SP2 with Outlook 2002. Does anyone know what I might try to get this back in shape? Thanks, Bob How big is your .PST file? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG http://www.scgab.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.r...

Exchange Auditing
Hi All, Is there a way of monitoring incoming/outgoing mail for a specific mailbox. All users in the copmany are aware that mail is monitored, so there's no issues with that as it is included in their signed contracts, but we have a suspicion that someone is passing on confidential info to one of our competitors. I know for incoming I can just set up and alternative recipient, but how do you monitor outgoing? Cheers for any info on this. Mark On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:30:37 GMT, "Mark Griffiths" <mark.griffiths687@ntlworld.com> wrote: >Hi All, >Is there a way...

Exchange System Management Tools
I went to install the Exchange System Management Tools on my Windows 2000 SP4 worksation. In the component selection I select the action of custom for Microsoft Exchange and the action of Install for microsoft Exchange System Management Tools. I have decided that i want to remove them form my workstation. I went into add/remove programs and select microsft exchange and the wizard starts up again. When I get to the component selection screen I try to change the action to remove for microsoft exchange and I get an error message the component "Microsoft Exchange Forest prepartion&...

Visual Tools for GP 9.0 SDK Install error
I get an error when trying to install the Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP SDK 9.0. "Requires Microsoft Visual Studio 2005" I've got Visual Studio 2005 Professional installed, from MSDN. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Steven Vallarian > I get an error when trying to install the Visual Studio Tools for > Microsoft Dynamics GP SDK 9.0. > > "Requires Microsoft Visual Studio 2005" > > I've got Visual Studio 2005 Professional installed, from MSDN. Does > anyone have any ideas? > I didn't ever figure out why the message ...

scrolling data tool
Does anyone know how to set up the scroller so that as the scroller moves so does the data. I'm using Andy Pope's scroller example but when I set up my worksheet the chart only updates after I done moving the scroller. Thanks and guidence is much appreciated. Kirk In general the Forms menu controls are better to use in the worksheet, but if you use a Controls Toolbox scrollbar, the data moves while the bar is changing. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel User Confere...

Using Tool Tip?
While trying to use tool tips for controls inside a dialog, it is working for some controls, but not for all. I have called EnableToolTips inside the OnInitDIalog(), and also added the Message map (ON_NOTIFY_EX) and correspoding function. Now inside the function, i am using a switch case for each individual control. Somehow the ON_NOTIFY_EX itself is not called for some controls. Any idea? I dont think EnableToolTips is going to work correctly if the parent is not derived from CFrameWnd. Instead of using EnableToolTips, I use an explicit tooltip control and associate it to the controls I...

Insert Column and Row Tools Greyed out on custom toolbar
Hello - In OS 10.2.8 when I put the Insert Column and Insert Row tools onto my existing or onto a new toolbar using the Customize - Commands Dialog Box, the tools don't work. They are greyed out. However, it works on one computer, but not several others, and all versions appear to be the same. All other tools appear to be working normally, including Insert Cells, Delete row and delete column. Any thoughts as to what is going on? Thanks Mardee There are two sets of Insert Row/Insert Column Controls in MacXLv.X. The controls in the Customize/Commands/Edit category are for the List ...

SOX auditing
Hello all, I was wondering what others did to document GP 8.0 for SOX compliance. Right now we are running reports on User Access rights etc which is a little too detailed and can be a bear to manage. Any good packages or scripts out there to help out? The lower the cost the better. Thanks, Good morning, Check out Fastpath Solutions at www.gofastpath.com. They have security reporting and SOX auditing tools. "Haluski" wrote: > Hello all, > > I was wondering what others did to document GP 8.0 for SOX compliance. > Right now we are running reports on User...

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Just a quick question, I am wondering if anyone else is having problems downloading Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. I can download/install it from the Windows Update site but, it will not install using Automatic Updates. This is obviously not a serious problem but, I would like to solve it if possible. Rick Never such a problem here. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or sec...

A new Semantic Power Tool for working with Multiple Excel Spreadsh
Hi Excuse the brazen out of the blue plug for my product - but I am quite certain this is going to be interesting to many of you who work with multiple spreadsheets: Would you care to look at the following brief intros at: http://www.semanticbusinessintelligence.com or the Excel specific page at: http://www.semanticbusinessintelligence.com/excel.html or the Semantic Discovery System for Excel Multi Spreadsheet Integration Video here: http://www.semanticbusinessintelligence.com/videos.html We would appreciate any feedback - and especially the opportunity to discuss mutual business o...

tools underintensified??
I am wanting to convert my 97 db to 2002. When I open the db the "Tools" Icon is not selectable. Why is this? ...

Auditing How-to
Does anyone know of or is interested in writing a how-to article or video on common Great Plains auditing practices. The IT Audit community is in need of a good "show me how" guide for some of the basic auditing tasks out there. The big ones would be - List all admin type user IDs - List all IDs that have powerful levels of access. - List password policies in place for each ID - How to list all user IDs - How to securely audit the actions of the admin Please let me know if your interested or know of any prior art out there. The audience would be IT Auditors. Hi Stewart, I h...

Cash Flow Forecasting Tool
Dick Watson and Chris Cowles, both very helpful posters to this group, recently alerted me to Money's Cash Flow Forecasting Tool (CFFT) so I am mentioning it in case other Money users might not be aware how good it is. I have been using Money since it first came out (don't really remember when that was) and never seriously looked at CFFT until the past couple of days after Chris and Dick recommended it. In fact, I was amazed when Dick said it was his most used Money feature. I had tried CFFT years ago and it produced crazy results and I wrongly concluded that it was another one of M...

Auditing?
Is anyone doing a lot of auditing on their Exchange box? I was doing some success auditing on account logons and I noticed a huge jump in my security logs and my disk I/O went crazy. After turning it off I'm seeing a much better I/O rate. Is it possible that I saw such a high jump because I have a number of Linux/IMAP users? or is it just a normal thing that this would happen? I have about 250 users total and most of the Outlook users (80% of the 250) use cached mode which I thought would cut down on the amout of traffic in the security log. Thanks, Dan On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:...

Audits
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C4B6C0.22ED0030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Everyone, I am using Excel 2000 and am a beginner. We are going to be doing some = QI testing for our department in our hospital. We will be looking at = tracking a few things. The most important is to track which therapists = take the most time to start treatments and also get a general idea of = how long it takes to start treatments once they are ordered in general. = Another thing I can see fr...

"TOOLS" menu missing from menu bar #2
"TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 2003. How do I put it back? Might try a "detect and repair" Meanwhile, right-click a toolbar, click customize, scroll down to built-in menus, drag the tools menu to your toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Anil Gupta" <AnilGupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7ADC1E-A6E9-4F01-8C06-01B92AC7B97B@microsoft.com... > "TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 20...

Auditing of mailboxes
Hi, I'm looking to do some auditing of shared mailboxes, for the purposes of checking the deletion or moving messages from the shared mailboxes, is this possible? At the moment people have their own dedictaed mailbxoes and access a shared mailbox. The users are running on Exchange 2003 SP1 and Outlook 2000/2002 Marcus ...

Factory-Reconditioned Bostitch U/CPACK1 2-in-1 Brad Nailer/Narrow Crown Stapler Tool and Compressor
Price:$249.95 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B00171RI3I Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B00171RI3I I received this today while I was putting together some furniture. I am no pro, but I found this to be tremendously useful and it worked perfectly. I can not tell it is not brand new, I would have been fooled... I am glad and simply delighted that I bought this and that it came just in the nick of time! commpressor works fine. Air hose has a large crack in it and needs to be replaced, It may be reconditioned but I can't tell any difference. I ha...

Xsd.exe tool issue
I have a xml file that I want to take it as xsd.exe's input to create schema file. When I do xsd sample.xml, I got error, Error: There was an error processing 'sample.xml'. - The same table (element) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. However, I read WSC xml specification, it meets the standard. Someone can help to tell me what is the problem? Thanks lot! John Following is the XMl file simple.xml is, <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xs:Data xmlns:xs="http://www.test.com/Data/"> <xs:all> <xs:element ref="cats"/> ...

Can see the status-bar msg AND tool-tip for tool-bar button, but only status-bar msg for a menu item.
Hi. When creating a status bar message and a tool-tip for a tool-bar button, you set the following string in the 'Prompt' text box : "This is the status bar for tool-bar\nThis is the tool-tip bar for tool-bar" (Note the use of the '\n' as the seperator). So, I assumed you can do the same for a menu item, right? WRONG! I only seemed to get the status bar message working. Is there a way around this? Is it supported, or is there some 'trick' I must do ? Cheers in advance... Brad. No, it is not supported. To get tooltips (if I get you correctly) when pointi...

Backup tool in outlook
My computer crashed and I had to format the drive and reinstall the programs. I always download and install the backup tool add on for Outlook 2000. I have been using it for years. This time after a successful installation was indicated the tool does not show up in the file drop down menu. I have tried everything and cannot get it to work. Does anyone know how to fix this? Paul paul@pacificit.net ...

Extrange problem with Tool Bar Control
Hi all... The problem I had is that when I double-click the tool bar so that it becomes floating, the tool bar frame remains on the original place, but the tool bar gets actually floating. (I mean the "dialog" where the tool bar controls were, stays docked, and not goes floating with the controls). What may be hapenning? The toolbar worked before on this MDI application. I think that it is a repaint problem because when I open a new document while that docked frame is still where the tool bar was, the frame disappears. I hope the problem was clearly stated. Any help will...

c360 Audit Performance Issues When Audit Service is Running.
I have a two server DB and App config. Both server are high-end. When audit service is running web client will through timeout error when clicking on an entity like Contacts. If I stop the service no error. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has had this issue or something similar and what was the resolution. Best You may take a look at Data Audit for CRM 4.0. It has a freeware/evaluation copy available. http://www.solomon-software.com/Download/Data_Audit.pdf http://www.solomon-software.com/Download/CRMDA40.zip "RW" wrote: > I have a two server DB and App c...

Problem with professional Service Tools
I am having issues with the item modifier in the tools. It gives an error looking for SVC00310 when we do not even use Service Advantage. i set up a test company with a copy of our live data and went into SQL maintenance and added the tables for ServceAdvantage and it works. Does anyone know of any issues with adding all the tables for Service Advanatge even though we do not use the module? We are on GP8 with all the latest service packs running on SQL2000 with all the latest service packs. We are getting ready to upgrade to V9 here in a couple of months and don't want any surprise...