Auditing on Microsoft CRM

I need to know how one can properly audit user access,
changes to CRM records etc.
Is there a way to configure this within the application, or should this be
done at the database level.

Thanks,
Wale.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

These guys have a solution for this:

http://www.vscrm.com/productline.htm

Never uesd it myself so cant speak for it but looks pretty functional.

HTH

Roger
"walepop@hotmail.com" <walepophotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:058291A2-692A-411A-A080-14526497C5B9@microsoft.com...
>I need to know how one can properly audit user access,
> changes to CRM records etc.
> Is there a way to configure this within the application, or should this be
> done at the database level.
>
> Thanks,
> Wale.

0
Roger
3/7/2006 8:16:00 PM
Thanks Roger,
I will check it out.

"Roger" wrote:

> These guys have a solution for this:
>
> http://www.vscrm.com/productline.htm
>
> Never uesd it myself so cant speak for it but looks pretty functional.
>
> HTH
>
> Roger
> "walepop@hotmail.com" <walepophotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:058291A2-692A-411A-A080-14526497C5B9@microsoft.com...
> >I need to know how one can properly audit user access,
> > changes to CRM records etc.
> > Is there a way to configure this within the application, or should this be
> > done at the database level.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Wale.

cleaning dirty fields in CRM 3.0
How can you programatically make dirty fields in CRM clean again? I have written a Microsoft Behavior control that can be added to a CRM field to make it act like a mask edit control. The problem is that this control is added dynamically to the CRM screen through its onload event. When the control is loaded, it automatically formats any data it finds in the field. To CRM, this looks like a field update which marks the field as "dirty". The problem now is that if you click the print icon on the screen, CRM responds with a message that the screen must be first saved before it can ...

Microsoft Shortcut Bar
I can't find the shortcut bar in Office 2003? What gives? M S B Office 2003 was "improved" by removing the office shortcut bar. The osb from an earlier version will work in 2003 ( I'm told). You can also use the quick launch toolbar in windows as a substitute or look for a third party utility. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA P.S. - OfficeXP was improved by removing office binder. "Microsoft Shortcut Bar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8589232-F585-4C9D-8F63-FA8B0AB63315@microsoft.com... > I can't find the shortcut ...

Hi there We are generating emails from within MS CRM 3.0, using activities, which allows our users to fill in business required fields, prior to sending the email. This works fine. However, when replies are sent to these emails and are tracked into the CRM, they automatically go into History. As a result none of the business required fields are filled in and because they are sitting in History, we cannot "reactivate" the activity to amend the fields. Is there a way of preventing these replied emails from going directly into History, so we can amend the fields within the ac...

Stop Microsoft from dropping their groups here is why
From http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/about Top posters This month 43 newshel...@gmail.com 40 da...@example.com 38 jnkjnjn...@uhnuhnunuhnuy.invalid 35 unkn...@unknown.kom 27 nob...@spamcop.net 25 Jose 23 i...@ntlworld.com 22 audetw...@nbnet.nb.ca 18 maci252...@hotmail.com 13 databas...@hotmail.com All time 15624 anonym...@discussions.microsoft.com 9536 marfer_...@yahoo.com 8028 r...@mvps.org 7476 ke...@mvps.org 7453 123wvogel...@comcast.net 6583 mar...@msn.com 6119 jones_jupi...@hotnomail.com 5468 mrxp2...@no...

List Web Part for CRM 4.0
Hi We're trying to get the SharePoint List Web Part for MS CRM 4.0 to work in a multi server environment with NTLM authentication. Our scenario is that WSS 3.0, WSS’s database, CRM 4.0 and CRM’s database are on four different servers so we’d need to establish a trust. Following the instructions of the Trust for Delegation post on the CRM team blog (http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2009/01/14/trust-for-delegation-in-list-web-part-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-4-0.aspx) we’ve set up this trust between the SharePoint server and the CRM server but it still somehow won’t let us connect to...

microsoft wipe out
Before Sasser my microsoft products wiped out. When accessing Outlook I receive this message: this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. Details state Outlook had an invalid page default in module ms09.dll at 0167.308e07cf. What to do? When I try and reinstall my Windows 98 disc it asks for disc number two. there were only one discs for that program if I recall. What version of Outlook? Any help here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;241817&Product=out ? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MC...

Microsoft Query Crashes!
Hi, I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 2000. trying to create a new database query and in the status bar it says: "waiting for data to be returned from microsoft query" and hangs What's happening?! Regards Stefano Could be you don't have the proper access, (driver), or "rights" to the data you seek. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "buattis@anz.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 2000. > > trying to create a new database query and in the status bar it says: > > "waiting for data to be returned fr...

audit
For audits or other format, Is it poss to export the entire record to MS WORD Hi, By using a addon like the one of mscrm-addons, you can easily export all the columns to Word. For Auditing purposes I would recommend the addon by C360 though. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://www.ronaldlemmen.com/ "VP" wrote: > For audits or other format, Is it poss to export the entire record to > MS WORD > > ...

Internet explorer 7 will error and close crm 3.0
What could cause this Under what circumstances does this occur ? If CRM always closes immediately then this due to pop-up blockers, otherwise can you post more information about the error and when it occurs -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Mark" wrote: > What could cause this ...

Exchange Auditing
Hi All, Is there a way of monitoring incoming/outgoing mail for a specific mailbox. All users in the copmany are aware that mail is monitored, so there's no issues with that as it is included in their signed contracts, but we have a suspicion that someone is passing on confidential info to one of our competitors. I know for incoming I can just set up and alternative recipient, but how do you monitor outgoing? Cheers for any info on this. Mark On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:30:37 GMT, "Mark Griffiths" <mark.griffiths687@ntlworld.com> wrote: >Hi All, >Is there a way...

Whatever happened to Microsoft Money?
I am based in the UK. I have been using MS Money for more years than I care to remember, but the version I have been using for the last 6 years has been Money 2002 Personal + Business edition. I just upgraded my laptop (to run Vista Business) and thought it might be a good idea to bring all my software up to date also. Had a hunt for Money in some UK retailers, and was surprised to find absolutely nothing. Looked on Microsoft's site and, sure enough, there was Money 2008 looking wizzier than ever. So what gives? Is Money now a US-only product? If so: (a) will Money 2008 be good to work i...

survey utility in CRM
Hello there! Does anyone know a third party application which adds survey utility in CRM? My client wants his call center to make phonecalls from lists and mark down the answers in a survey form. This could be done with custom fields in the Contact or Lead Form, but the surveys could be of multiple types, change every month and many questions depend from the answer to the previous one.... What would you advise me to do? Best Regards, Elena You can create your own custom application and add it to the MSCRM. "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote ...

Cisco CRM connector for Callmanager Express
We are trialing the integration between Cisco's SMB Phone systems and CRM V1.2. Has anyone managed to get the connector to work with an SBS 2003 rollout? The only thing I can see is to have a windows 2000 member server with CRM on it connected to the domain. But I am not sure if this will even work? Andrew not heard anything..check the documentation as it should say what operating systems are supported. Cant see why SBS would not work -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Andrew Keegan" <Andre...

Microsoft Office for Mac
can I create a document on my mac with Microsoft Office Excel, save it to a floppy and then take the disk to a PC and insert it and get the same document with no bugs, as long as the PC has Office too? Yes -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "StevenG" <StevenG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4BBC1C5-0DFE-42D0-9F54-C830AEB37367@microsoft.com... > can I create a document on my mac with Microsoft Office Excel, save it to > a > floppy and then take the disk to a PC and insert it and get the same > document > with no bugs, ...

SOX auditing
Hello all, I was wondering what others did to document GP 8.0 for SOX compliance. Right now we are running reports on User Access rights etc which is a little too detailed and can be a bear to manage. Any good packages or scripts out there to help out? The lower the cost the better. Thanks, Good morning, Check out Fastpath Solutions at www.gofastpath.com. They have security reporting and SOX auditing tools. "Haluski" wrote: > Hello all, > > I was wondering what others did to document GP 8.0 for SOX compliance. > Right now we are running reports on User...

Microsoft Publisher 2002 #5
We recently moved house and bought a new computer. We transfered our files to the new computer but we cannot find the original Microsoft Publisher 2002 to enter the 25 character product key. So we are unable to open any of our files. CAN YOU HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you get Publisher with your other computer or did you buy it from a retailer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shazboz" <Shazboz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:618B6C99-2EEE-4A8A-B2E1-3667CBB09E25@microsoft.com... > We recently moved house and bought a new com...

CRM SBE Configuration Wizard
Rather than experimenting with each option in order to see what happens, I hoping to find some detailed documentation on this feature... can anyone help? thanx, Joem Hi Joem, you might want to look at two manuals available online: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/sbeguide.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/implementing30sbe.mspx Hope this helps. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporat...

Microsoft Excel Formulas
I have exported financial (budget figures) data into excel for 12 months, changed cells to numbers and added columns to put in actuals. I have manually entered formulas in the total column from each cell (eg =sum(E2+E4+E6..) etc but when I go back and modify data in the individual cells it does not change the total figure. What is wrong?? Thanks -- CW Hi, First thing to make sure is that you calculation mode is set to automatic - choose Tools, Options, Calculation tab and make sure Automatic is on. Second, and not related to your problem, but if you want to sum every other cell yo...

CRM 4.0 Installation
I tried to install CRM 4 and it failed,when I try to install again it says the name of the database already exist,what do I do? -- donn Hi, before reinstalling the CRM 4, just open your SQL database and delete the database and meta database that has been created when u try to install CRM 4 at first time. "Donald" wrote: > I tried to install CRM 4 and it failed,when I try to install again it says > the name of the database already exist,what do I do? > -- > donn Hi Sailaja - For additional information on troubleshooting the installation, visit http://www.micr...

Reinstall Microsoft Office Imaging as printer??
Do not know exactly what happen but Office Imaging Writer has been removed from my printer options. How do I go about reinstalling it to use as a printer? Tammy <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Do not know exactly what happen but Office Imaging Writer has been > removed from my printer options. How do I go about reinstalling it > to use as a printer? Try Help > Detect and Repair... -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Auditing How-to
Does anyone know of or is interested in writing a how-to article or video on common Great Plains auditing practices. The IT Audit community is in need of a good "show me how" guide for some of the basic auditing tasks out there. The big ones would be - List all admin type user IDs - List all IDs that have powerful levels of access. - List password policies in place for each ID - How to list all user IDs - How to securely audit the actions of the admin Please let me know if your interested or know of any prior art out there. The audience would be IT Auditors. Hi Stewart, I h...

Linking Access 2007 to Microsoft Project 2007
I have an application that tracks various projects with milestones and other dates. My client is interested in visually depicting some of this information, and would like to try using Microsoft Project. They have created a small Project file with data they extracted and manually entered into project. What we now want to do is figure out how to either link Project to Access to use the Access tables directly, or to use Access to identify "differences" between their data and what exists in the application. Does anyone have any experience in this area? What is th...

CRM for Outlook Contacts
Our sales team gets contacts from their clients via .vcf files, Plaxo, Spoke, etc. These all end up being standard Outlook Contacts. Converting them to CRM contacts is not easy. I have tried some utilities that change the message class, but it's hard ot explain that process to a sales professional. Is there a way to promote a contact to CRM??? V2 maybe? I would very much like to do this as well. Does anyone know if this capability will be in the next version? I've heard it was delayed until the fourth quarter. "Dave Finlay" wrote: > Our sales team gets con...

How do you fix Crystal after recovering CRM 1.0 ?
Note: We're upgrading hardware for our CRM production implementation. The old hardware is being used as part of our backout plan - thus the reason for using different names for the DB and App server Problem: I've restored the CRM 1.0 databases to the new DB server. I've installed the CRM Application on a new App server (The original DB and App servers are shutdown). The CRM application works except for the Crystal Reporting function. On the new App server, in checking the Crystal APS configuratino on the new app server, it states that the APS belongs to the old app server. N...

Microsoft Money 2003 (Canada) to Microsoft Money 2004 (UK)
I was using a preinstalled version of MM 2003 on my notebook with Windows XP bought in Canada. It crashed but I have bought a new one with Windows Vista. I've also bought Microsft Money 2004 from amazon.co.uk but am yet to install it. I want to know if my back up version of MM2003 will run on MM2004. I read somewhere that I should install the trial version of MM2007 which will run my MM2003 file and after it changes to a MM2007 file I should use my MM2004 to open it. Please help! Thanks. Saman. Money is very heavily localised so you cannot easily read a Canada file into a UK one. ...