Association an Activity to an Account AND a Contact.

Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact
and an Account?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes, except for tasks.

With the others you can use Regarding for the Account and the Contact would
be in the Recipient field.

If there is a
"JMC" <JMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a
Contact
> and an Account?

0
daniel

Set Association
When I receive an e-mail with an attachment I get the message 'Set Association' in the control panel. I have searched and cannot find this. Is it maybe because I have Vista and the attachment is in Word? -- Kind regards Anna and Peter La Passiflore B&B 0033 475 931276 This newsgroup is for discussions about Microsoft Access, a relational database program. It sounds as if this question is related either to Vista or to your e-mail program. In any case another newsgroup would be a better source of information. By the way, when posting to any public newsgroup it is best to...

How do I activate the recover deleted items
How do I activate this feature in Outlook 2000? I'm running Exchange 5.5. Any help is appreciated. Hello Peter, You must first make sure deleted item retention is set on the server. Once that is set on the server, in Outlook on the Tools menu , you should have Recover Deleted Items. For more information about Understanding Deleted Item Recovery, please refer to the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q228/9/34.asp Hope this helps. Thanks -- lindabr@online.microsoft.com Please do not send email directly to this ali...

Account Statement #2
Hi, I have modified the customer statement in RMS. Can you give me the code that I need in order to keep the details contained in the footer section of the statement glued to the bottom of the page. At the moment if the statement runs over the first page the footer details appear just below the details section instead of at the bottom of the next page. I hVE includeD the code for the document below. Any suggestions would be of great help. <?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-16"?> <XML> <PROPERTIES> <DESCRIPTION> Kelly Account Statement &l...

associating AD user accounts with Mailbox in 2003
Hello, This may be a very specific question, but someone may have had this issue before. I am using aelita to migrate from 5.5. For one particular user account aelita could not associate the user account with the mailbox, so it automatically made a new AD account specifically for the mailbox. This points back to the users original and correct AD user account. I need to change the association of this so i can add mailbox features under the original AD user account. And then i can import the old mailbox into the correct spot, and therefore OWA may then also work. How can i remove the associ...

REPOST: OL03 multiple Hotmail accounts
Hi. I have my normal hotmail account and one i use for newsgroups, etc. I have both accounts set up within Outlook 2003 as well as a single POP account. Outlook seems to get confused with the hotmail accounts. Sometimes one account's folders appear beneath both accounts in the 'Mail Folders' panel. I have to restart Outlook to fix this. And sometimes Outlook reports 'incorrect password' for one account, even though the password is definitely correct. I never had problems like this with a single hotmail account. Are these known issues? Does Outlook support mul...

Deleting Accounts
My Investments File Properties has 8.94MB 37 Accounts - 46 Portfolios I make a copy (it has 8.94MB) and then change the (copy of Investments) to 1-Investments, it still has 8.94MB. I delete 13 Accounts and 14 Portfolios. I now have 24 and 32 respectively. Yet the Properties for this file (1-Investments) has increased to 9.04MB. WHY??????? How can I have more than I started with??????? It's probable that Money will compact the file sometime in your next several uses. Relational databases do not always react as you might expect in terms of storage requirements. "Dutch" <Dut...

File associations for PP Viewer 2007
I helped a friend setup her new Windows 7 HP desktop unit. It came with the 60 day trial suite of MS Office 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 Viewer preinstalled. I uninstalled the trialware package and it left the PP Viewer as an orphan. Is there any way to re-register all of the applicable file types other than using the "Open with" routine? Here's what I've tried so far: 1. Ran the /regserver parameter 2. Uninstalled then reinstalled the PP Viewer 3. Reinstalled the File Compatibility fix No joy for any of the above. The only files it will open at present ar...

Are 'Contacts' the same as Business Contact Manager?
I run Office XP. Within that suite Outlook has a contacts facility, if I upgrade to Office 2007 Standard Upgrade do I still have a contacts facility or do I have to go to Office 2007 Small Businesss Upgrade to have the Business Contact Manager? I would rather not spend the extra if it is unnecessary. Thank you. Outlook 2007 has Contacts. It will be very similar to the version you have now. Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com Canberra, Australia how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 "PeterL" ...

De-activate Windows 7 Upgrade.....?
I attempted to upgrade an old desktop from XP to Windows 7. Didn't work. So I broke down and bought a new Lap-top. I still have the Windows 7 upgrade in the box. Can I de-activate and sell.....? thx... j.l. On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 16:46:29 -0400, J.L. wrote: > I attempted to upgrade an old desktop from XP to Windows 7. Didn't work. > > So I broke down and bought a new Lap-top. > > I still have the Windows 7 upgrade in the box. > > Can I de-activate and sell.....? > > thx... > > j.l. Did you activate it? If no...

Exchange/Active Directory Problems
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two b...

Changing contacts currency crashes browser
Hello, by changing the currency of a existing contact CRM crashes the Internet Explorer. The IE-window hangs completely and does not give a response anymore. The funny thing about that is that it works sometimes. Sometimes, after waiting serverl minutes(!) an CRM-error report wants to be sent to microsoft. Othertimes nothing happens untill the browser is killed. What could this be? How could this be fixed? Thank you! Regards. Uwe Looks like a bug. Thanks for sharing this. "Uwe Braunholz" wrote: > Hello, > > by changing the currency of a existing contact CRM crashe...

User activity tracking
how I can find out which user delited or modified a specific transaction through System report. (Transaction in inventory Item shipment) You can't see who delete it because it's no longer there. Most tables have a modified user column. These columns are only available through custom reports that you create. Microsoft is now offering Audit Trails for GP Professional. Rockton Software offers an auditing tool, as well. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Syam" wrote: > how I can find out which user delited or modified a specific transaction > through System report. (Trans...

Account got all screwed up.
When I finally got to access my accounts after the whole password fiasco, all my accounts were screwed up. Every account had about a $189,941,755,xxx,xxx.xx descreptency in it. When only unreconciled Transactions are viewed, this ammount is shown in the balance (positive or negative, depending if it is a checking or credit account respectively). When all transactions are viewed, this ammount goes away and the correct balance is shown. This even occurs in my closed accounts. Needless to say, all my reports and trends are all screwed up. There is no transaction visable that can b...

Default Account #2
Hi, I have tried to setup my 2 email addresses in Outlook 2003. I have a 'colin@mydomain.com' account and a 'ceo@mydomain' account. I want to be able to send from both accounts but only receive on the 'ceo' account. This works fine but, as the 'ceo' account is set as default, whenever someone receives an email from me, the 'reply to' field shows the other account and also, the header states 'sent by ceo@mydomain.com on behalf of colin@mydomain.com'. Does anyone know a way round this so that the email appears to come from whichever account...

Entourage Assigning Default Categories to Incoming Email; Overriding Categories Selected for Contacts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Entourage is using one of my custom categories and assigning all incoming emails to this category, even when I have a different category selected for the contact that I am receiving emails from. When the Contact already has an assigned Category, Entourage will assign the email an additional Category (one of the custom categories I created) so that email now shows it has tow separate Categories checked. -- I always assigns the same Category. <br><br>How do I get Entourage to keep from...

Window mail will not recognise an association for pps type file
Could someone helps please ? When i receive a mail containing pps files, I need to save to disk all pps file in order to view them with microsoft viewer, because i get an error message saying to set the association in default program. The association is already done with the viewer. This problem is only happening with window mail. It does not seem to be able to download the file in a temps file and then open it as my hotmail account does. tks G L Windows Mail ?? You're in the wrong NG - try microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail Otherwise, Start - Control Panel - Asso...

VBA Macro or rule to automatically move e-mails sent/received to a specific contact/mail folder?
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but here goes again. I'd like to have e-mail messages that are received from, or sent to, specific e-mail addresses AUTOMATICALLY moved from the Inbox (or Sent Items) folder in to specific folders (one per contact) I have created. I believe a VBA macro may be the best way of doing this - I have looked at message rules but don't like the idea of having to define/maintain hundreds and hundreds of rules which are the same but differ only for e-mail address/destination folder. The e-mail addresses are defined as Outlook contacts...

File associations 2007 Office component
I have office 2007 enterprise and I cannot open an .accdb (access) file from the location of the file by double clicking. If I try, I get a message "...not a valid win32 application." I can open the file with access menu. When I try to reassociate the file, I cannot select msaccess.exe! it only shows "2007 microsoft office component. Any suggestions? ...

Adding another account
I'm sure this can't be done, but before I go and say that to my boss, I figured I'd get confirmation. Outlook 2002, Windows 2K, Exchange 2K We send messages regarding court dates to attorneys. Right now the email comes from a person, but we'd rather it come from "Court Calendar", so we created an account as such. That's working fine. However, is there a way to send as Court Calendar while logged into a computer as Joe User, without "sending on behalf"? Meaning, can I add a second profile, while staying logged into the machine as the user, have ...

SOP Packing Slip only works under sa account in GP 9.0
Upgraded from GP 7.5 to 9.0 (9.00.0259 = SP1) on a test server (Windows 2003 Std SP1) running SQL Server 2000 and everything works except the SOP Packing Slip. When run under any user account, get a Microsoft Dynamics GP dialog box with message "User defined function failed in execution". After you click OK, the Packing List is displayed on the screen with the frame label "Screen Output - SOP Blank Packing Slip Form". When run under the sa account, the Packing Slip is displayed on the screen with the frame label "Screen Output - SOP Blank Packing Slip Form"....

Inactive contacts, etc. are visible in assoc. view
I'm having a problem with CRM3.0. In associated views, all entities (contacts, leads, etc) are visible - active or not. Seems like it should be hiding the inactive records. Is that correct? Our system has always shown the inactive records in the associated view. I think it did this in CRM1.2, and I'm sure it's been this way since we upgraded. If this is functioning correctly, I'll leave it alone, but if they are supposed to be hidden (we would really like it if they were), then I'd like to get it fixed. So, how's yours work? And have you seen this problem (if i...

Active Sync Setup
I have a SBS 2003 SP1 server. In order for active sync to work do, I need to open any ports on our hardware firewall? Can the deveice connect using our external IP address or does it require a FQDN? Thanks Kishor FQDN would probably be better, but I think that IP should work as well. Try both and see if they work :-) Port requirements for ActiveSync are either 80 or 443 (usually 443). -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Kishor" <Kishor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

create an association
how can i create an association in the set associations control panel? so that i can read certain attachments in my emails -- kenandsue Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com It depends on the file extension. PPS needs PowerPoint Viewer for example and you need the correct programs on your machine to open them. Assuming you do have the correct programs then do this whenever you get a file type that isn't recognized. Save the attachment to your HDD. Right click on it and Open With | Choose Program. Find and choose a program that works and then check the box: Always...

User Account administration and Exchange
What is the best way to handle a terminated employee's configuration? When a employee leaves the company or when a employee has been terminated, we normally disable the account, remove remote access, etc. and the (Exchange 2K3) mailbox is left in tact. However, our backups aren't happy about the disabled account and i believe there are event event logged about it. What is the normal procedure when an account needs to be disabled and the mailbox needs to be kept? In article <4CA7A4F0-D152-4F8C-87A9-72EB429FA9C9@microsoft.com>, PhilD@discussions.microsoft.com says... >...

File Associations
When I goto Associate a file type for a specific extension, it has it associated to Wordpad when it should be Excel. However, I am not able to change it as the "Always Use the selected program to open" is grayed out and I can't get it be selectable. How do I do it so I can associate the file type to always for Excel. Please advise. -- nolanstern Hello Nolan, You should be able to use Method Three in the tutorial below in Default Programs to assign the file extension to always be opened by Excel. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69758-default-progra...