Association an Activity to an Account AND a Contact.

Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact
and an Account?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes, except for tasks.

With the others you can use Regarding for the Account and the Contact would
be in the Recipient field.

If there is a
"JMC" <JMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a
Contact
> and an Account?

0
daniel

Do not want to synchronize CRM Contacts to Outlook Contacts
We do not want to synchronize CRM Contacts to Outlook when we go offline in the SFO client. We DO want to synchronize CRM Appointments so the Fast Sync is not an option. All the contacts were entered by the same user who has shared the contacts with everyone in the business unit. Is there any way to prevent synchronization of contacts to Outlook? Lynn you can only control what gets synched by using crm security roles. Basically if your users can see contacts in the crm web interface they will get synced to outlook. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/...

Accounts not updating in Money Plus
I can update the direct accounts through the banks, but the ones that=20 require signing into MSN don't update half the time. I have to jump = through=20 hoops. This used to happen once in a while and now it is happening all the = time. Looks like I may not be able to wait for Quicken 2010.=20 Same here. Tried clearing the cache and temporary internet files, repaired file and then went to backup but still no downloads. JC "SteveC" <conks@community.nospam> wrote in message news:683D7797-97F6-428C-B800-4D3FFA96F04D@microsoft.com... I can update the direct accounts th...

hide activities
Hi, I'd like to hide the service appointment and campaign response activities options when I want to create a new activity. I was change the dlg_create.aspx file and comment the render list item. I don't like the idea to manipulate this file, and I want to know if is possible to hide this options in other way. thanks -- Magy yes you can hid see your id's document.all.navContacts.style.display = "none"; -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "...

Comments: their positioning when activated
Is there a way to "set" a comments position when it is activated (that is, when "it's" cell position is clicked, or hovered over with the mouse). It is possible to specify the way a comment is positioned by editing and then dragging it to the desired position but it only "sticks" when selecting show comment rather than it's "normal" behaviour. TIA Ian AFAIK, no one has discovered a way to change the default popup position of the comment. Ian Jones wrote: > Is there a way to "set" a comments position when it is > activ...

Margin Account
I am looking for an excel spreadsheet that would help me caclualte the margin call amount in an account. For example, if a client invests $10,000 and the assets have a loan value of 50%, he has a margin of $5,000. Now if he invests this $5,000.00 into assets that have a loan value of 25%, he has an additional margin of $1,250.00. And if he invests this available margin of $1,250 into assets that have a loan value of 50%, he has addition 625 margin available and so an. So I was wondering a spreadsheet would be available to help me caclulate how much margin would be available if the exces...

very basic accounting question regarding great plains modules
I will preface this by saying I'm the IT guy here, not the accounting guy, so I may get some details wrong. Our accounting dept uses microsoft dynamics/gp and is trying to reconcile payments made to health insurance to the general ledger. The payments are all made individually in payroll but need to be totalled to reconcile against the lump sum paid to the insurance company. The person in charge out there says that 'the modules won't talk to eachother', I am assuming this is the AP module and the Payroll module, but I could be wrong. Is this true? The modules won't talk...

Loan to Cash accounting
Hi All Is there any ways to book loan proceeds other than income? For example I take a loan to purchase a car and some misc items. So I create the loan account with the repayment terms etc. Then the bank gives me the cash. The cash is then used to purchase the assets. To be able to reflect the purchases, I have to post cash received from the bank as income. In QuickBooks or Quicken an accounting entry would have created by transferring from the loan account to the cash account and the individual purchases recorded accordingly. However, when you use money and set up the loan, no ...

Update Orginating Lead on an Account
Is there any way to update the Originating Lead on Account after the Account has been created, programatically or otherwise? -- Sydne Strong Sydne, By using a post callout this can de realized.. Regards, Ron Wallegie "Sydne" <Sydne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38F1F286-426E-439C-B728-D75A543163E2@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to update the Originating Lead on Account after the Account > has been created, programatically or otherwise? > > -- > Sydne Strong > ...

Outlook Connector on free Hotmail account
I use outloook 2007 on vista ultimate sp1. I would like to be able to use outlook to send and receive all of my hotmail emails. I tried the outlook connector but it never actually connects to my account. if I click the connector toolbar it shows mail, calendar, and contacts all with the same status of "Connecting" although it never actually does. I know that the calendar function is only available to subscribers. I called ms support and the guy told me I would have to have a paid account to use the connector. To my understanding, the connector is supposed to allow free accoun...

Get mail from external pop3-accounts
Does anyone know if there is a freeware-version of an app to get mail form pop3-accounts and deliever them to the correct mailbox in Exchange? Yip google for "pullmail Regard Oliver ...

Problem with Online Services - Citigroup Accounts Only
My Online Services for Transaction Data Download were working properly for approximately 1 yr. July 15th was my last successful connection and download. I now get the following error: "There is a problem with the data received from this online provider. If the problem persists, contact the providers customer service for help". I called Citigroup and they said that it is a money problem - they were useless. I am running Money 2000 and haven't changed a thing. Did the service end? Does the latest 'Update Internet Info'have an error for Citigroup? In microsoft.p...

high disk queue and pages/sec activity on mailbox servers
we have 3 Exchange 2003 mailbox servers that house our mailboxes. Exch1 and Exch2 house the majority of our mailboxes. On these two servers, I am seeing a high instance continually of DiskQueue and Pages/sec values while not so on Exch3. As an added note, we also have BES enterprise and Enterprise Vault in our environment. I only mention those because they interface with the mailboxes but my gut tells me that the problem is more related to the number of mailboxes on Exch1 and Exch2....Anyway, I'm new to troubleshooting Exchange so I'm looking for experienced directio...

Outlook 2002
Is there a way besides a Palm pilot to transfer all contacts, and calendar info from work to the home computer as a daily task? The problem is my palm pilot does not carry over certain fields in contacts that transfer from work to home. In Calendar, the color labeling does not transfer either. Looking for an easy way to have both computers updated in the same way. Thanks! ...

Deleting contacts from Windows Mail
yesterday I received an email from a company we do business with. It auto added her email address. I went into contacts and deleted it. However now when I start to type in info on another client I have with the same first name her email address pops up first. Any other way to get rid of it? Asked and answered about 40 minutes ago in your first post. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1E3A309-9D0B-4415-BC74-1EEEA88E7D81@microsoft.com... > yesterday I r...

Setting up account on Pocket PC
Hi everyone, Don't know if this is the right newsgroup or what, but I'm having problems setting up my hotmail on my pocket pc. In Outlook and Outlook Express, it's done almost automatically but on my PDA, it asks for incoming and outgoing mail servers and whether it is POP3 or IMAP4. Does anyone know what the settings for hotmail are in this respect? I have emailed MS but no-one's gotten back to me......... Any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Lindsey Copy of post from the PPC group: Lindsey, Could you think about cross posting in future, rather than multi...

Copy folders from one account to a different one
Can i copy folders from one account to a different one? I don't/can't merge anything, but I need to get some files from one account to a different one. There are quite a few or I'd just forward them to my other account. I do have that account forwardinng to the other one now, but these emails that I need were sent prior to that. Thanks for any help! "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D21ED0B8-62D2-4195-8AA4-33820FF60BD8@microsoft.com... > Can i copy folders from one account to a different one? I don't/can't m...

Delete e-mail activity under workplace = delete activity on the contact?
Situation: If I send an e-mail to a person (Let's assume he is Mr. A) in CRM contact, normally, we can find that e-mail activities under "Activities" of "Workplace" or we can find related activities in Mr. A's contact (Mr. A's contact--> Activities-->History). Here is the issue, if I delete the Mr. A's e-mail activities under workplace, it will also delete the e-mail activity history on his contact. My boss was told that there is some methods to avoid this (i.e. The e-mail activities history of Mr. A can be saved to his CRM contact locally and we can...

HELP - Organization Unit Disappeared
We had an organizational unit disappear - if I do a 'find' the users are still 'out there somewhere and can adjust their properties, but the OU is gone 1) - if I recreate the OU - where are these users to get them back in? You may want to ask this question in AD group. CL wrote: > We had an organizational unit disappear - if I do a 'find' the users are > still 'out there somewhere and can adjust their properties, but the OU is > gone > > 1) - if I recreate the OU - where are these users to get them back in? > > ...

CRM Task Due Time does not Activate Outlook Warning Time
If a Task is created in CRM with a Due Date and Time and then it is synchronized with Outlook, the Outlook Task is create with the same date BUT the Warning check box is not activated sometimes and If it does then it is not set at the same due time -- Microsoft Navision Developer / Consultant ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...

Monitoring inbox activity
I've setup the all inbound mail to a certain account on our exchanger server is also copied to an alternate user on the system. A particular user on our system we wish to monnitor is also receiving inbound email from pop3 accounts and then moving them to his personal folders (local on his laptop). I'm unable to run a keyboard buffer due to anti-spyware on our machines. Is there a way to 1) get copies of all inbound email (even from pop3 and exchange accounts) from this user, 2) a way to get a copy of all out bound or sent email through the server. Any suggestions is great...

How to extract just the Column Name of the active cell
Hello, Does anyone know how to extract only the Column Name of an active cell in another cell. e.g. If active cell is D4 then I want the "D" to be extract and displayed in another cell say A1. Let me know. Regards, Fred Debug.Print ColumnLetter(activecell.Column) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Function ColumnLetter(Col As Long) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Dim sColumn As String On Error Resume Next sColumn = Split(Columns(Col).Address(, False), ":")(1) On Error GoTo 0...

EMail accounts, 'forwarding' accounts and OL03: Can it be done?
Multiple email 'forwarding' accts & OL03: Can it be done? For simplicity let's say I have an ISP POP account for personal use and another email address for business use that forwards to where I like - in this case my ISP POP (personal) account. I'd like to receive and send email for both using OL03 but worth w/ each discretely as separate accounts. 1) The personal POP account is no biggee and pretty straightforward. 2) I can set up the 2nd (business) email account in OL03 for outgoing email to SEND manually as well - no problem. I just don't have it check incoming m...

Can't see/accept downloaded transactions for investment accounts
This is a new problem that just started today. It may well be related to having to jump through hoops to get a particular investment bank's direct online services working again. I have Money Deluxe 2008. Basically it seems that *all* of my investment accounts that I've configured to use online services and download position and transaction data directly into Money show "Transactions to read: N" under the "To Review" column in the Banking- >Account List after I do an online update (and no errors are reported), but when I click on the "Transactions to read:...

Money 2007
I keep getting this Account Update error over and over during the setup of all accounts. I tried the suggested route of creating a new account and then merging them with the old account that is having trouble updating. It's ANY account I try and create. Now I have accounts setup online and they update fine, I just can't create any new ones. Any ideas? Mark Who provides the data? Yodlee or Cashedge or is it a direct feed? I haven't been able to update my Washington Mutual Checking Checking account for 5 days now and WAMU ships the data through Cashedge...who points t...

Saving account information in Bills Summary for Loan Payments
Is there a solution to Loan Payments in Bills Summary not storing the Account paid from information? I spoke with Tech Support and she told me that her copy did the same thing. I just want this fixed. Here is Microsoft's Solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923030/en-us A Doyle wrote: > Is there a solution to Loan Payments in Bills Summary not storing the Account > paid from information? I spoke with Tech Support and she told me that her > copy did the same thing. I just want this fixed. The workaournd worked. (But not a proper solution in my mind because this w...