Associate Multiple System Users with Accounts

Hello,

This seems elementary to me, but I can't seem to extend it.  Currently, on
the Administration tab, you have a Preferred User Field. This field looks up
the Preferred User from the System Users. This is good, say this is a System
Engineer.  Now say you want to have mulitple System Users Associated with an
Account.

I have looked at adding additional fields to place on this form, but I can't
quite get it solved.

Example For a Given Account:

System Engineer:System USEr1
ServiceMGR:SystemUSer2
AccountAdmin:SystemUser3
etc, etc

Or maybe I should create a "Company Account Management" Entity and then
cross it all up through that?

Any ideas anyone?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello,

As far as I know it is not possible to Associate multiple users with
account. The best way is indeed to create a new entity and link them to
a role via the new entity

Nangard schreef:

> Hello,
>
> This seems elementary to me, but I can't seem to extend it.  Currently, on
> the Administration tab, you have a Preferred User Field. This field looks up
> the Preferred User from the System Users. This is good, say this is a System
> Engineer.  Now say you want to have mulitple System Users Associated with an
> Account.
>
> I have looked at adding additional fields to place on this form, but I can't
> quite get it solved.
>
> Example For a Given Account:
>
> System Engineer:System USEr1
> ServiceMGR:SystemUSer2
> AccountAdmin:SystemUser3
> etc, etc
>
> Or maybe I should create a "Company Account Management" Entity and then
> cross it all up through that?
>
> Any ideas anyone?

0
Basvansluis
11/29/2006 2:30:54 PM
Correct - CRM 3.0 does not support adding additional relationshipships
between two System (ie. Out of the Box) Entities.

--
Philip Richardson | Senior Program Manager | Customization and Settings |
Microsoft CRM | Office Business Platform Group | philiprichardson.org

<Basvansluis@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> As far as I know it is not possible to Associate multiple users with
> account. The best way is indeed to create a new entity and link them to
> a role via the new entity
>
> Nangard schreef:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> This seems elementary to me, but I can't seem to extend it.  Currently,
>> on
>> the Administration tab, you have a Preferred User Field. This field looks
>> up
>> the Preferred User from the System Users. This is good, say this is a
>> System
>> Engineer.  Now say you want to have mulitple System Users Associated with
>> an
>> Account.
>>
>> I have looked at adding additional fields to place on this form, but I
>> can't
>> quite get it solved.
>>
>> Example For a Given Account:
>>
>> System Engineer:System USEr1
>> ServiceMGR:SystemUSer2
>> AccountAdmin:SystemUser3
>> etc, etc
>>
>> Or maybe I should create a "Company Account Management" Entity and then
>> cross it all up through that?
>>
>> Any ideas anyone?

0
Philip
11/30/2006 4:12:41 AM
You  could add all system users as contacts in CRM tthen use the
relationship tab to add relationships between your system users as contacts
and accounts

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"Nangard" <Nangard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> This seems elementary to me, but I can't seem to extend it.  Currently, on
> the Administration tab, you have a Preferred User Field. This field looks
> up
> the Preferred User from the System Users. This is good, say this is a
> System
> Engineer.  Now say you want to have mulitple System Users Associated with
> an
> Account.
>
> I have looked at adding additional fields to place on this form, but I
> can't
> quite get it solved.
>
> Example For a Given Account:
>
> System Engineer:System USEr1
> ServiceMGR:SystemUSer2
> AccountAdmin:SystemUser3
> etc, etc
>
> Or maybe I should create a "Company Account Management" Entity and then
> cross it all up through that?
>
> Any ideas anyone?

0
John

Multiple ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI for the same ID
Hi, In my CDocument, i need to disable/enable an item menu according to a boolean value in my CDocument. In my Mainframe, i need to disable/enable this item menu according to a boolean value in my Mainframe, who have priority. It seems that if ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI is called for my CDocument, it is not called for my MainFrame. Any idea plz ? Thanks. The standard routing for these messages is giving the document the first crack at handling them. Rather than go to the trouble of rewriting the routing, I suggest that in your document's handler that it simply "asks" the mainfr...

Multiple stationeries #2
Hi We have three divisions in the company and need different stationery for each of them. Outlook, as far as I can see, only supports one stationery at a time. Is there a way to create three stationeries as html files and then load them somehow, may be via vba code, using buttons on toolbar? Is there a better way? Thanks Regards If you create three .html files and store them in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery directory, they will be accessible from within the stationery chooser. -- Eric Legault (Outlook MVP, MCDBA, old school WOSA MCSD, B.A.) Try Pic...

File associations for PP Viewer 2007
I helped a friend setup her new Windows 7 HP desktop unit. It came with the 60 day trial suite of MS Office 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 Viewer preinstalled. I uninstalled the trialware package and it left the PP Viewer as an orphan. Is there any way to re-register all of the applicable file types other than using the "Open with" routine? Here's what I've tried so far: 1. Ran the /regserver parameter 2. Uninstalled then reinstalled the PP Viewer 3. Reinstalled the File Compatibility fix No joy for any of the above. The only files it will open at present ar...

REPOST: OL03 multiple Hotmail accounts
Hi. I have my normal hotmail account and one i use for newsgroups, etc. I have both accounts set up within Outlook 2003 as well as a single POP account. Outlook seems to get confused with the hotmail accounts. Sometimes one account's folders appear beneath both accounts in the 'Mail Folders' panel. I have to restart Outlook to fix this. And sometimes Outlook reports 'incorrect password' for one account, even though the password is definitely correct. I never had problems like this with a single hotmail account. Are these known issues? Does Outlook support mul...

Cannot add new users
We can update existing users, but when trying to add new users we get the following: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040237. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040237. Source Er...

Account Statement #2
Hi, I have modified the customer statement in RMS. Can you give me the code that I need in order to keep the details contained in the footer section of the statement glued to the bottom of the page. At the moment if the statement runs over the first page the footer details appear just below the details section instead of at the bottom of the next page. I hVE includeD the code for the document below. Any suggestions would be of great help. <?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-16"?> <XML> <PROPERTIES> <DESCRIPTION> Kelly Account Statement &l...

associating AD user accounts with Mailbox in 2003
Hello, This may be a very specific question, but someone may have had this issue before. I am using aelita to migrate from 5.5. For one particular user account aelita could not associate the user account with the mailbox, so it automatically made a new AD account specifically for the mailbox. This points back to the users original and correct AD user account. I need to change the association of this so i can add mailbox features under the original AD user account. And then i can import the old mailbox into the correct spot, and therefore OWA may then also work. How can i remove the associ...

Admin account Problem
Hi, I was contacted by someone outside of our domain saying that are receiving emails from postmaster on our domain. I searched emails sent from admin and it shows these emails. I am wondering how this could have happened? Is my server compromised? Is there a way to disable admin account to only send emails inside the domain only? Thanks what is the content of these emails? what version of Exchange? are you an open relay? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "roberto" <roberto@me.com> wrote in message news:OWxP7Ll3FHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was c...

Multiple SMTP Domain on one Exhange server
I have one Exchange server in one AD. I have multiple SMTP domains. domain.com domain2.com domain3.com etc. (6 in total) What is the proper way to set up my Exchange server. Our AD domain is domain.tld I currently have one SMTP connector with a Masquerade Domain of server.domain.com which I just changed to just domain.com that resolved one issues, but i have another. The issue I have is that when we send a dbmail from our SQL server it needs to have an SMTP FROM, Email From of AutoMail@domain2.com and reply of the same. Curretnly I get this: SMTP Mail From - AutoMail@domain1.com Email Fro...

Financial TB for multiple years
Hi All Has anybody been asked to create a TB covering multiple years? i.e. one report that shows both 2008 and 2009 detailed financial TB data on it? I am pretty sure this can't be done using the standard GP trial balances so am looking either to SmartList or to FRx with a new Column Layout. I am not an accountant so I don't know whether this is something that would be required often or not, any input anybody has on either how to create this or whether you've been asked for it before would be much appreciated. Thanks FRx is the way to go. This may not be exac...

user profiles
i need to know all the details who sign me up and the time it was created and last visited. user profiles wrote: >i need to know all the details who sign me up and the time it was > created and last visited. Is this on OneNote? Could you pls explain a little bit what you are after? Rainald ...

Dialog & User Form
Hi Guys, I am playing around in Excel, and would like to know what the difference been the two forms. The Dialog sheet holds the elements and fields, and the UserForm is done in VBA. What are the differences between them, why use one over another.?? Look forward to your explanations. Kind Regards Bach -- bach ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26134 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395571 Dialog sheets are the pre-VBA way of d...

Assigning user name
I am struggling with assigning user name to a table. I can get it to populate in a form but I want to push it right to a table. Here is the code I was trying to use but I get the error: User defined type not defined related to the “New ADODB.Recordset” The code... Private Sub Form_Load() Set dbs = CurrentDb Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset Set cn = CurrentProject.Connection sqlString = "select * from tblUser" rs.Open sqlString, cn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic rs.AddNew rs![UserName] = Environ("UserName") rs.Update rs.Close Set cn = Nothi...

Multiple Items Updating
In the same way that we can insert items in inventory using Import tool and IM, which tool or tools can be used to UPDATE item master's fields or other tables' fields? Thank s a lot -- Gilberto Villegas GP Business Solutions partner That depends... for the most part, you can use IM to update master records. When all else fails, you can use T-SQL. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Gilberto" wrote: > In the same way...

User Manager Problem 01-29-06
Hello all, I have a problem attempting to create a user. I get the following error "User 1 ( Timothy Cocaro ) failed: Application Error (8004022c) - SOAP Server Application Faulted" I have read the other threads relating to this which suggest that I should add users through the crm_web which I have and works fine. However I want to know why "User Manager" doesnt work because I feel the same issue is affecting the import of the XML through the "configuration wizard" I have found a website describing this problem (http://ts2blogs.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2005...

AD User (Email) for Queue
Hi All, I just want some clarification for AD User/Email Account that is associated with CRM Queue. Do we need to disable this account? I read in the step by step in instructions from Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation & Configuration Curriculum: ================================================ If the Support Queue user account is enabled (it should not be if you selected the Disable this account option earlier), then right-click the Support Queue user object, click Disable Account and click OK. WARNING: Ensure that this account is a disabled account. If this account is not a disabled accoun...

Trendline of multiple series
Is there anyway I can create a trendline that incorporates thre different sets of data on the same graph? : -- geooi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- geooil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1650 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27890 Hi, You would need to add an extra data series that incorporated all 3 sets of data. You could then add a trendline to this single data series. The additional data series can be formatted, no pattern or border, so it does not appear on the...

Set Association
When I receive an e-mail with an attachment I get the message 'Set Association' in the control panel. I have searched and cannot find this. Is it maybe because I have Vista and the attachment is in Word? -- Kind regards Anna and Peter La Passiflore B&B 0033 475 931276 This newsgroup is for discussions about Microsoft Access, a relational database program. It sounds as if this question is related either to Vista or to your e-mail program. In any case another newsgroup would be a better source of information. By the way, when posting to any public newsgroup it is best to...

Email User Size
System Manager shows a user's mailbox size at over 3G. The ost says 600MB. Recently performed an offline defrag as well. The user uses a laptop through rpc or http as well as a desktop but I have removed the cache mode from that machine as well as the ost. Cannot figure out whether I need to delete the user's email account and recreate it or not. Any help would be appreciated. In ESM, go View | Add Remove coulumns and add the Deleted Items coulmn. Does that account for the discrepency? If so, delete their deleted items.... "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> ...

Window mail will not recognise an association for pps type file
Could someone helps please ? When i receive a mail containing pps files, I need to save to disk all pps file in order to view them with microsoft viewer, because i get an error message saying to set the association in default program. The association is already done with the viewer. This problem is only happening with window mail. It does not seem to be able to download the file in a temps file and then open it as my hotmail account does. tks G L Windows Mail ?? You're in the wrong NG - try microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail Otherwise, Start - Control Panel - Asso...

OpnReport with multiple conditions
I am attempting to create multiple conditions when opening an access report but with conditions based on different fields: This is my existing code but I keep receiving an error; I believe it pertains to incorrect syntax: DoCmd.OpenReport "F/U: Complete Report -- Finaltest", acViewPreview, , WhereCondition:="[AdvisorLang]=PrintLang" And "[MailCode]='PrintDist'" DoCmd.OpenReport "F/U: Complete Report -- Finaltest", acViewPreview, , WhereCondition:="[AdvisorLang]='PrintLang' And [MailCode]='PrintDist'" -- Doug St...

Send workflow email to case contact instead of Account Primary Con
We have a case workflow set to send an email to the contact. However it is sending to the primary contact on the account rather than the contact selected for the case. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Communit...

End user wants to create items in Global Address List
I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do this? Douglas he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly good idea... "Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OFGd$QhiEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and > entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do > this? > > Douglas > > ...

OFFSET for multiple columns & combobox format
Is there a way to have an OFFSET range of two columns? I have been using multiple columns for my X axis values with non-dynamic charts. Now i'm designing a dynamic chart, but Excel will not let me select two columns (month/wk) for my X axis. Another simple question > how can I format a comboBox text in a chart? Thanks. -- when u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change. To create an offset for multiple columns, first define a range name that makes up those columns. For example, the name "XAxisCol" covers columns A and B and refers to the formula / r...

Rules - Outlook 2000
If anyone can help it will certainly be appreciated... 1. Multiple Senders' Names in one rule? Is there a way to base a rule on a sender's name or multiple senders' names (I would like to include a list of many possible names in the list. I was able to do this in Outlook Express 6)? 2. Multiple Senders' Addresses in one rule? Can I base a rule on multiple possible senders' addresses (So far, rules only work if I input one sender's address)? Thanks, ...