Assigning Task to Queue or User

I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user.  If the
task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available
in the drop down list in the lookup table.  The only option is the user.  A
reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what?
The user is attempting this:

Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all
from within SFO).  The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup
Records Web Page Dialog.  The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web
Client on the same machine, the queue is still not there.

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Apparently this is a limitation with SFO.  Hopefully this will be fixed
in the next version.

"Keener" wrote:

> I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user.  If the
> task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available
> in the drop down list in the lookup table.  The only option is the user.  A
> reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what?
> The user is attempting this:
>
> Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all
> from within SFO).  The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup
> Records Web Page Dialog.  The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web
> Client on the same machine, the queue is still not there.
>
> Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

Outlook 2003: How to show multiple task lists?
Does anyone know if it is possible to show multiple task lists (i.e. a personal list and a work-related list) side by side in the task list view by default? It's simple in the calendar to show two calendars simultaneously, and it seems completely ridiculous not to include the same functionality in the task list view. Any help would be appreciated. No, but you can use the right click on the additional task list you want to display and select "Open in new window" - then resize your windows to show them side by side. Why would one want to show task lists in the same way as cal...

Changing a User's Business Unit
From a user record I go to Actions - Change Business Unit and then select the BU that I want to move the user to. After clicking OK, I get a message saying: "You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation." I have been given full access to everything, so I don't know why I can't change it. I also tried moving another user who is no longer with the company. Their record is still active, but is never logged on as another user. This caused some problems as my system froze and no one in the organization was ab...

assign a shortcut key in access
I want to assign a shortcut key in a form like when a user presses CTRL+S a code should run like Go To Control combo1 and me.combo1.dropdwon any way to do this? You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here's a very good explanation of how to do that! http://www22.brinkster.com/accessory/macros/002.shtml -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 missinglinq via AccessMonster.com wrote: > You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here&...

Wookbook Update from User Form
I have a User Form with several Control Buttons on it. This user Form has about (50-60) Text Boxes & Combo Boxes on it. I would like to be able to fill in the User Form and click on the Control Button and it updates the Workbook automatically. Control Button name is "Update_Enginering_Spec_8" User Form Name is "UserForm1 Text Box name is "Location_4" Combo Box name is "Address_41" Workbook name is "Master_Engineering_Spec" Workbook Sheet name is "Cover Sheet" If someone would help me do the first one or two boxes, I ca...

Assigning values from a sheet to an array
Can anyone explain why I get a runtime error with the code below.MANY THANKS! Option Explicit Option Base 1 Sub testing3() Dim Vt() As Double Dim j As Long Dim i As Long ReDim Preserve Vt(1 To 40) For i = 1 To 40 j = Int(Rnd() * 1100) Vt(i) = Worksheets("data").Cells(1, j) Next i End Sub ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Because j is greater than 256, the maximum number of columns in Excel. Alan Beban Ann...

task input panel
My Task Input Panel is missing on the To-Do Bar. It shows my tasks...but the input area is missing. You mean the "Type a new task" line? Right click on the top column and choose Custom...-> Other Settings...-> enable: Show "new item" row. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "L White" <L White@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Can't Add or disable a user
I am using CRM 4.0 and I have run into an issue when I am trying to add a new user. I get the standard "An Error has occured" error message. I enabled the trace log and it says something about an invalid value for a parameter called sddlForm. I have no idea what it is talking about. I have copied the trace information below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. [2009-09-23 08:54:38.1] Process: w3wp |Organization:8be46f53-4e3e-4c01-b75e-8c9f092b27f0 |Thread: 1 |Category: Platform |User: ea97457f-c303-4425-917a-6b2e117b0228 |Level: Error | MessageProcessor.Execute &...

Created Timesheets Display "Non-Clickable" tasks
Hello. In My Timesheet, tasks are supposed to be “clickable” and the user should be able to drill down to the details. We have noticed that for some projects, they are not able to do so anymore for timesheets created in the past. Non clickable tasks are in a powder blue color, clickable tasks are in a dark blue color and will look like a hyperlink. Can someone explain why this is and how to correct the situation? Also, can submnitted and approved time within My Tasks be removed? The task history shows that the resource submitted something, but the history shows a blank li...

No "Assign Macro"
In the Excel help files it indicates that you can execute a pre-recorded macro from a command button. It states to first record the macro, then create the button, then right click on the button to get the shortcut menu and choose Assign Macro. I have tried this in both Excel 97 and Excel 2002 and in both cases I do not have any such item as "Assign Macro". Am I missing something If not by this elusive shortcut menu item, how can I assign the pre recorded macro through code? Aaron, It may be that your working with a command button from the "Control Toolbox" instead of...

Auto-preview: allow user to set number of viewable lines
Auto-preview only displays the first 3 lines of emails. I would like the ability to set the number of lines that display. I need this because I have categorized my emails by staff member and, when I meet with them, I print a list of the emails I need to follow up with them about. I often find, however, that 3 lines is usually not enough detail for me. Would it be (or is it) possible to allow users to set the numbers of lines they prefer to see in auto-previews? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with...

Recurring Task Problem
I've set up a recurring Task in Project to reflect our daily sync meeting, 1 hour a day for 4 months. The pertinent details are below: Duration: 1hr Recurrence Pattern: Daily, Every 1 workday Range of Recurrence: Start: Thu 1/7/10, End by: Fri 5/7/10 Calendar: Standard, Scheduling ignores resource calendars The problem is that each person invited to this morning meeting is now assigned 689h of Work time from this task alone. On the advice of another person on this board, I set each meeting to Fixed Duration of 1hr each, but this had no effect on the 689 hours. Can anyon...

Serial Numbers auto assigned
S/N are being auto assigned when the SOP Setup Options DO NOT have "auto-assign serial numbers" marked. We do NOT want to use a separate fulfillment process. Up until a few months ago, everything was fine. Now, when a PO item, assigned to a sales line item comes in, the s/n is autoassigned. How can I get this to go back the way it was? Below is the way we have had our SOP set up for eight years - why has it changed? Set-up>SOP>ORDER Allocate by: Doc/Batch X Transfer Order to BO / Transfer Order to Invoice Options: X Allow repeating documents _ Use Separate Fulfil...

What is a User Profile?
I am new to outlook, and am trying to setup 4 accounts on one computer. I am the administrator. No matter what I put in as my profile- I am unable to finish. Thanks in advance. at what point are you running into problems? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tip...

How do I get the files to show up on task bar individually?
I used to have each file that I open up show up in the task bar. Somehow I turned that off and would like to turn it back on. Anyone know how to do this? Tools / Options / View / Windows In Taskbar HTH, Gary Brown >-----Original Message----- >I used to have each file that I open up show up in the task bar. Somehow I >turned that off and would like to turn it back on. Anyone know how to do >this? >. > ...

No Assigned Licenses
We have a total of 5 licenses. However only three users can access the CRM applications. If any other user tries to access the application we get an error message stating No Assigned Licenses Any suggestions? Thanks. Matthew You have to actually go assign the users licenses with the CRM, Log in to CRM as administrator, Click Settings from the Left menu, Click Business Unit Settings, Click users, Click the user you want to assign a license to, then from the popup click license from the left menu, Click Manage Licenses and add a license to that user. Just to warn you do not remove the l...

Users not on global address book
I have had some problems with users not being added to the global address book. I have gone in and checked their accounts to make sure they didn't have the option of hide from address book checked. It also happens on some contacts. Some times if I delete them and add them back in, it works ok but lately I have had 4 that I just can't get to come up. Any ideas? Harry Poorman hpoorman@psu.edu Are you using Outlook 2003 Cached Mode clients? (Typically resolved by regenerating Offline Address Book and having clients download the complete OAB). http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/...

Allowing users to add comments to cells on protected sheets
I have a protected sheet in my workbook and would like users to be able to edit a range of cells within the worksheet. selected Tools --> Allow users to edit ranges. This seems to work however, it does not allow users to edit the comments contained within the range unless the sheet has been unprotected. How can I allow my users to edit *anything* about a range of cells on a worksheet? ...

Reminder for synchronized tasks
Hi, when i create a task in CRM and synch my desktop client, the task is listed in outlook. Well, but there is no reminder for that kind of tasks! We have the same problem, when assigning task to other CRM-users and here it is absolutely necessary! Is this normal behaviour of the system? Can anyone help me? Michael I've seen where every task synced to Outlook from CRM has a reminder of 8 AM, but I haven't seen a case of no reminder. Does this always happen for you? -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mi...

Exchange Task Permission Help
I would like to know if it possible to have a "Task Administrator". Basically I would like to have a mailbox or taskbox named "TaskBox" which I could create and assign Tasks with, but I need to be able to edit the Tasks once created.... Currently I can create tasks, but I cannot edit them at all. So I'm stuck in a bind... Any suggestions greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! -chad ...

Error in adding Business Portal user 2.5 with Feature Pack
When i add new user in business portal the ff. error message display below. "User cannot be added because it is an invalid domain user" I have check the user id in the domain and it is valid. What cause this error below eventhough the userid is valid Mike, Ron, If you are a microsoft partner, You can also post your question in Dynamics GP Partner forum that might help you receive suggestions from others also http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "mike" wrote: > When i add new user in business portal th...

Assigned task
Hi, we are receiving emails from our bosses with attachment of our schedule task which we manually enter into our outlook task folder, is there a way or how can we automatically accept assigned task to integrate to our task folder. We are using outlook2000 under windows98 the outlook 2000 version is part of the office 2000 package install on out PC's. TIA Is your boss sending the tasks to you using Outlook Rich Text Format? If not, have him start. Also, how is he assigning tasks? Using the Assign Task feature or forwarding the task to you? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

accessing remote print queue #3
Hi, I've to get the queue details from the remote printers in the network.How can I identify those automatically and get the details of those using vc++? I know how to do this for the local printer n its not working if I give "\\\\servername\\printer name". I tried EnumPrinters() also but its working for PRINTER_ENUM_NETWORK n _REMOTE with PRINTER_INFO_1 structure only n this structure is not giving the printer name for NT systems. So,pls help me as the submission date for my module is nearing by. Pls reply me asap. Thank you verymuch in advance. Regards, Rayudu. ...

College Assignment Woes
Hello, I would GREATLY appreciate it if someone could guide me in some kind of direction. I have been given the following data: On a new sheet, named Salary Table, starting at cell A1, build the following table: Name Current Salary Percent Increase Effective Month 2004 Compensation. My exact problem is that I must createa formula that can be used for all to calculate the amount to each employee for the year 2004. The increases take place on the first day of the month specified. This means that if increase comes in July, the pay is six months at the old rate and six months at the new rat...

Stucked mail in Local Delivery Queue
Hi, i have server2003sp1 with exchange2003sp1 i have a mail enabled distribution group in ad with few ad members and few emails assigned: sales@domain.net, sales@domain.com Opened server queue and found few queued mails in Local Delivery, one of them been in queue from 14.05 til now. Tried to unfreeze it - no luck, was still in queue. Check massage tracking for this mail: SMTP: Message Delivered Locally to multiple recipients SMTP: Message Scheduled to Retry Local Delivery Tried to remove that group, afterthat made a new equal group. Still nothig Now... time is up. Got the event in eve...

Tasks status items
Is it possible to customize the status headings/topics in Tasks? If so, how? -- Ernie Nivens The Nivens Financial Group 518 S. New Hope Road Gastonia, North Carolina 28054 Phone (704) 349-0005 Fax (704) 349-0009 www.ernienivens.com No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Ernie Nivens" <ernie@nivensfinancial.com> wrote in message news:e7dbe5z8EHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to customize the statu...