Assigning Accounts to a User Cascades down through Contacts, Cases

Using CRM 1.2 - We have a revolving door with Sales people coming and going -
and I have to reassign the ownership of the Accounts to the new sales people
when they come in.  The way our security is designed is that the Sales person
maintains ownership of the Account - and therefore only sees the Accounts
they are the owner of.  Service organization can only see the records that
are "Shared" with the Team they are a part of.

My problem is this:  when I reassign the Account, the ownership for all of
the contacts, cases etc... also changes - which creates a problem when trying
to manage Cases etc... from the Service organization.  In other words, the
Sales rep then ends up owning all of the Cases.

I have even tried using Scribe to just set the OwnerID and OwnerTypeCode to
the new user, but the same Cascading effect happens.

Is there a way to turn the Cascading effect off?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any time and/or advice you can give towards this.
--
Mark R
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Mark,

did you get any solution for this problem?

    Michael

"Mark R" <MarkR@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Using CRM 1.2 - We have a revolving door with Sales people coming and
> going -
> and I have to reassign the ownership of the Accounts to the new sales
> people
> when they come in.  The way our security is designed is that the Sales
> person
> maintains ownership of the Account - and therefore only sees the Accounts
> they are the owner of.  Service organization can only see the records that
> are "Shared" with the Team they are a part of.
>
> My problem is this:  when I reassign the Account, the ownership for all of
> the contacts, cases etc... also changes - which creates a problem when
> trying
> to manage Cases etc... from the Service organization.  In other words, the
> Sales rep then ends up owning all of the Cases.
>
> I have even tried using Scribe to just set the OwnerID and OwnerTypeCode
> the new user, but the same Cascading effect happens.
>
> Is there a way to turn the Cascading effect off?  Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance for any time and/or advice you can give towards this.
> --
> Mark R

0
Michael

Changing a User's Business Unit
From a user record I go to Actions - Change Business Unit and then select the BU that I want to move the user to. After clicking OK, I get a message saying: "You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation." I have been given full access to everything, so I don't know why I can't change it. I also tried moving another user who is no longer with the company. Their record is still active, but is never logged on as another user. This caused some problems as my system froze and no one in the organization was ab...

Wookbook Update from User Form
I have a User Form with several Control Buttons on it. This user Form has about (50-60) Text Boxes & Combo Boxes on it. I would like to be able to fill in the User Form and click on the Control Button and it updates the Workbook automatically. Control Button name is "Update_Enginering_Spec_8" User Form Name is "UserForm1 Text Box name is "Location_4" Combo Box name is "Address_41" Workbook name is "Master_Engineering_Spec" Workbook Sheet name is "Cover Sheet" If someone would help me do the first one or two boxes, I ca...

Account Balance Widget/Gadget?
Good morning from a newsgroup newbie! I'm running Money 2006 Deluxe on my PC and I'm trying to find ways for my wife and I to be reminded of the balance in our checking account. So I'm wondering if any of these can be done: 1. Have more of a client/server setup where the data files are on my server and my wife and I each have an installation of the software. 2. Access account information and have the balances displayed on our desktops. Sort of like a widget or gadget. Maybe someone knows how to write something like this in C# or Visual Basic? 3. Have the account bala...

assign a shortcut key in access
I want to assign a shortcut key in a form like when a user presses CTRL+S a code should run like Go To Control combo1 and me.combo1.dropdwon any way to do this? You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here's a very good explanation of how to do that! http://www22.brinkster.com/accessory/macros/002.shtml -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 missinglinq via AccessMonster.com wrote: > You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here&...

GP account security
Does anyone know the ability to assign accounts on the chart of accounts to specific users via account security is available in the core GP system or does it require the purchase of an additional module? We are interested in deploying this functionality for Business Portal requisition management users so that only a set of specific accounts are available for individual requisitioners to code to. Thanks, -- Mike G ...

Mapping Contact and Account
Hi, When I create a new account and put a new primary contact, these information appear in the table (I set up the default view : Company Name, Primary Contact...) But when I look at the "contacts" default view (Full Name, Parent Account...), there's just the contact name but the company is not recorded. I added a mapping between the account id from the contact table and the account id from the account table... But nothing Did I make something wrong ? Thanks! A Primary Contact is not automatically associated to the Account. You still need to set this association on ...

Help!!!! Passport Account
I have purchased money 05 Premium and upon installation It keeps asking me for my .net Passport info I have given it both of the accounts that I have and it still tells me that it cannot verify my accounts. Is there a way for me to set this s/w up without the online piece. Help In microsoft.public.money, D wrote: >I have purchased money 05 Premium and upon installation It keeps asking me >for my .net Passport info I have given it both of the accounts that I have >and it still tells me that it cannot verify my accounts. Is there a way for >me to set this s/w up without th...

How to Use Contacts File?
I want to forward an existing e-mail to someone for whom I have a contact file. When I click on the "open book" icon next to the "To" box, the "Select Names" menu lists "Personal Address Book." But I want to use the Contacts file and must select it from under "Outlook Address Book" in the menu's drop-down list. How can I get Contacts to appear as the default choice in the "Show names from the" box? I've tried changing the choices in the "Mail" control panel, but this just allows me to alternate between "P...

Payment on account record
I have many customers who run account balances. Is there a way to run a report daily to see who has made payments on account by tender type. This would greatly help my accountant to reconcile daily tenders. Thank you in advance. ...

Synchonizing Outlook contacts with PDA
I have set up my contacts with sub folders for different groups of people. However when I synchonize with my PDA the contacts in the sub folders on the desktop do not move across. Is there an option I have to action or an add-in that will help me resolve this issue? Yes, ActiveSync doesn't let you sync to multiple contacts folders as far as I know - try m.p.pocketpc for best results there. However, I think the single contacts folder w/categories is a better bet, as it will also prevent you from having duplicate contacts for people who belong in more than one 'camp'. Ian wro...

Assigning values from a sheet to an array
Can anyone explain why I get a runtime error with the code below.MANY THANKS! Option Explicit Option Base 1 Sub testing3() Dim Vt() As Double Dim j As Long Dim i As Long ReDim Preserve Vt(1 To 40) For i = 1 To 40 j = Int(Rnd() * 1100) Vt(i) = Worksheets("data").Cells(1, j) Next i End Sub ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Because j is greater than 256, the maximum number of columns in Excel. Alan Beban Ann...

No "Assign Macro"
In the Excel help files it indicates that you can execute a pre-recorded macro from a command button. It states to first record the macro, then create the button, then right click on the button to get the shortcut menu and choose Assign Macro. I have tried this in both Excel 97 and Excel 2002 and in both cases I do not have any such item as "Assign Macro". Am I missing something If not by this elusive shortcut menu item, how can I assign the pre recorded macro through code? Aaron, It may be that your working with a command button from the "Control Toolbox" instead of...

Outlook Mail Account changed by System
An outlook mail account changes it's POP mail server to "localhost" and login to username/mailserver each time the machine is rebooted and Outlook 03 is started again. Problem then arises of not being able to send mail successfully because of the relaying error. OS: WINXP PRO APP: Outlook 2003 Work around seems to be to login securely to the SMTP server to send mail but .... Is this a new way of doing it? Brad .. This is your antivirus software's doing. Check with the manufacturer to see if they have a newer version that handles e-mail scanning in a more sophisticated ...

how do i set up an outlook email account
I am trying to set up an email account for both my husband and myself for our home office. We each have two different e-mail addresses and have both america online and hotmail. Question: How do i begin to do all of this? I am sooooo confused that i've tried multiple things, and nothing is working. Any help is greatly appreciated for this old lady. Regards, Anna Help a lady in need. <Help a lady in need.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to set up an email account for both my husband and myself > for our home office. We each have two different e-mail...

Contact Groups 07-01-10
How do I manage a contact group so that I can send out many emails but only show the recipient's email address To use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) feature, in a new message window, either click View | All Headers and type in the addresses separated by a; Or: Click the To button. You will see your list of contacts and the choice of putting them in the To, CC, or BCC field. Click on an address, then click BCC to add it. Repeat for all the contacts you want. (Note: Most ISPs have limits as to how many e-mails you can send a one time. 25 is common, but it varies). Put your ow...

aging accounts
Good day! I am monitoring the remittance of about 700 employers remitting health insurance premiums. My task right now is to determine aging accounts. The first thing I did was make a table of months. Second, I made a query showing the months that each employer should have remittance. Then, I made a query asking to show months without remittance. From there I calculated the aging. But I have problems, one, not all of these employers started operating at the same period. For example, Employer A started operating March 2010 so premium contribution will also start on this month. ...

What is a User Profile?
I am new to outlook, and am trying to setup 4 accounts on one computer. I am the administrator. No matter what I put in as my profile- I am unable to finish. Thanks in advance. at what point are you running into problems? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tip...

Adding a group of contacts as attendees to an appointment
Hi Is there a shortcut way to allow a group of contacts to be added as attendees to an appointment. The users of this CRM are frequently inviting the same group of contacts to an appointment and they would like an easy way of selecting the contacts without having to go through each contact one-by-one each time. Any possible solutions? TJ ...

Serial Numbers auto assigned
S/N are being auto assigned when the SOP Setup Options DO NOT have "auto-assign serial numbers" marked. We do NOT want to use a separate fulfillment process. Up until a few months ago, everything was fine. Now, when a PO item, assigned to a sales line item comes in, the s/n is autoassigned. How can I get this to go back the way it was? Below is the way we have had our SOP set up for eight years - why has it changed? Set-up>SOP>ORDER Allocate by: Doc/Batch X Transfer Order to BO / Transfer Order to Invoice Options: X Allow repeating documents _ Use Separate Fulfil...

Need Help, rebuilding Workstation, want to preserve user settings. SBS 2003
My boss's workstation has been giving problems for over a year. I'm going to rebuild his windows XP and upgrade to a SSD drive. We store very little on the workstation, I have redirected user home directory and user profile to the server. What do I need to do when putting a fresh XP workstation back on the network so that I can preserve as many of the user settings as possible? do I need to do the "connectcomputer" url thing again? It's always been a little mysterious to me. I did it in the beginning and haven't changed a thing since. Need a little gu...

Transfer Dates Between Accounts
I have not been able to figure this out. When I say, pay a credit card bill from checking, the date that it posts to my checking account will be different form the date it posts to the CC account. The problem: If I use the "Transfer: CC Account" category the dates in each account will be the same. This doesn't make sense, how often do transfers post to each account on the same day? How do you reconcile if date do not fall into the same statement period? Am I missing something or is this just the way it is? In microsoft.public.money, Mike2001 wrote: >I have not been able to ...

Business Contact Manager #32
I am exeriencing endless problems with Outlook '03 with Business Contact Manager. Im running Windows XP Home. Apart from incoming mail going into my inbox it is now going into Accounts & into Business History & these are ALL emails currently in the Inbox. This does not occur to all the entries in Account>Business Contact Mng, only some. When i receive new emails they duplicate & go into Inbox as well as Account. Pls if your are an Outlook 03/Business Contact Mng expert - i desperately need help thanks ...

Exchange with POP3 account
Hi, I'm using SBS 2003 SP1, and POP3 Connector in SBS for e-mail receiving. This is because I have an ADSL connection without static IP, and throught POP3 Connector I can receive e-mail from my ISP provider. Now, in test enviroment, I'd like to try to use clean Exchange 2003 EE (first server AD and DNS, second server Exchange, third computer XP SP2 with Outlook 2003, fourth ISA 2004 STD) but the problem is: will be able Exchange EE receive and send message from ISP's POP3 and how setup it for this? Or, I need register public domain name (but how can I do this if I'm usin...

Users not on global address book
I have had some problems with users not being added to the global address book. I have gone in and checked their accounts to make sure they didn't have the option of hide from address book checked. It also happens on some contacts. Some times if I delete them and add them back in, it works ok but lately I have had 4 that I just can't get to come up. Any ideas? Harry Poorman hpoorman@psu.edu Are you using Outlook 2003 Cached Mode clients? (Typically resolved by regenerating Offline Address Book and having clients download the complete OAB). http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/...

No Assigned Licenses
We have a total of 5 licenses. However only three users can access the CRM applications. If any other user tries to access the application we get an error message stating No Assigned Licenses Any suggestions? Thanks. Matthew You have to actually go assign the users licenses with the CRM, Log in to CRM as administrator, Click Settings from the Left menu, Click Business Unit Settings, Click users, Click the user you want to assign a license to, then from the popup click license from the left menu, Click Manage Licenses and add a license to that user. Just to warn you do not remove the l...