Assign Tasks to a Group?

Is there a way to assign tasks to a group of users as opposed to just one user?

Thanks,
Sinead.
--
Sinead O''''Shaughnessy
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Afraid not

"Sinead" wrote:

> Is there a way to assign tasks to a group of users as opposed to just one user?
>
> Thanks,
> Sinead.
> --
> Sinead O''''Shaughnessy
Hi Sinead,
It is not possible to assign task to multiple users. One possibility is to
share the task with a team(group of users).

Please do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not.
--
take care,
uMar Khan

"Sinead" wrote:

> Is there a way to assign tasks to a group of users as opposed to just one user?
>
> Thanks,
> Sinead.
> --
> Sinead O''''Shaughnessy

Outlook 2003: How to show multiple task lists?
Does anyone know if it is possible to show multiple task lists (i.e. a personal list and a work-related list) side by side in the task list view by default? It's simple in the calendar to show two calendars simultaneously, and it seems completely ridiculous not to include the same functionality in the task list view. Any help would be appreciated. No, but you can use the right click on the additional task list you want to display and select "Open in new window" - then resize your windows to show them side by side. Why would one want to show task lists in the same way as cal...

"Exchange Services" Group
Hello, I have Global Security Group in my AD called "Exchange Services". Does anyone know what it is for and if it is safe to remove this group? Thanks, Mark The only built in groups should be exchange domain servers and exchange enterprise servers creating during domainprep. Whos in this group? James Chong (MVP) On Mar 13, 7:42 pm, markj <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have Global Security Group in my AD called "Exchange Services". Does > anyone know what it is for and if it is safe to remove this group? > > Thanks, &...

assign a shortcut key in access
I want to assign a shortcut key in a form like when a user presses CTRL+S a code should run like Go To Control combo1 and me.combo1.dropdwon any way to do this? You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here's a very good explanation of how to do that! http://www22.brinkster.com/accessory/macros/002.shtml -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 missinglinq via AccessMonster.com wrote: > You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here&...

Title in Content Control disappears when grouping?
Hi, If I GROUP a portion of my document where there is a CONTENT CONTROL, its TITLE is not visible anymore. Why? I would like to avoid the user changing parts of my document, but still giving him the best clues where and what to type. thanks, Lauro When I looked at this a. I saw the same as you; b. I did not find a workaround. Non-response suggests none of the regular responders who are around knows either. > Why? You'd have to ask Microsoft (most if not all of the people here are volunteers, not their employees). It looks as if...

Assigning values from a sheet to an array
Can anyone explain why I get a runtime error with the code below.MANY THANKS! Option Explicit Option Base 1 Sub testing3() Dim Vt() As Double Dim j As Long Dim i As Long ReDim Preserve Vt(1 To 40) For i = 1 To 40 j = Int(Rnd() * 1100) Vt(i) = Worksheets("data").Cells(1, j) Next i End Sub ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Because j is greater than 256, the maximum number of columns in Excel. Alan Beban Ann...

task input panel
My Task Input Panel is missing on the To-Do Bar. It shows my tasks...but the input area is missing. You mean the "Type a new task" line? Right click on the top column and choose Custom...-> Other Settings...-> enable: Show "new item" row. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "L White" <L White@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Created Timesheets Display "Non-Clickable" tasks
Hello. In My Timesheet, tasks are supposed to be “clickable” and the user should be able to drill down to the details. We have noticed that for some projects, they are not able to do so anymore for timesheets created in the past. Non clickable tasks are in a powder blue color, clickable tasks are in a dark blue color and will look like a hyperlink. Can someone explain why this is and how to correct the situation? Also, can submnitted and approved time within My Tasks be removed? The task history shows that the resource submitted something, but the history shows a blank li...

Option Group Coding
I would like to create a list in the options group where anyone can highlight and select from the group and open a particular report. What I get is a compile error/expression and I'm not sure what it is. docmd.OpenReport "caseload report summary",acViewPreview,,,acWindowNormal,,, Thank you, You don't provide commas for missing parameters AFTER the last provided parameter, you just leave it blank. So, remove the commas after acWindowNormal and it should work. In fact, you really don't need acWindowNormal either so just try this: DoCmd.OpenReport "caselo...

No "Assign Macro"
In the Excel help files it indicates that you can execute a pre-recorded macro from a command button. It states to first record the macro, then create the button, then right click on the button to get the shortcut menu and choose Assign Macro. I have tried this in both Excel 97 and Excel 2002 and in both cases I do not have any such item as "Assign Macro". Am I missing something If not by this elusive shortcut menu item, how can I assign the pre recorded macro through code? Aaron, It may be that your working with a command button from the "Control Toolbox" instead of...

Recurring Task Problem
I've set up a recurring Task in Project to reflect our daily sync meeting, 1 hour a day for 4 months. The pertinent details are below: Duration: 1hr Recurrence Pattern: Daily, Every 1 workday Range of Recurrence: Start: Thu 1/7/10, End by: Fri 5/7/10 Calendar: Standard, Scheduling ignores resource calendars The problem is that each person invited to this morning meeting is now assigned 689h of Work time from this task alone. On the advice of another person on this board, I set each meeting to Fixed Duration of 1hr each, but this had no effect on the 689 hours. Can anyon...

Serial Numbers auto assigned
S/N are being auto assigned when the SOP Setup Options DO NOT have "auto-assign serial numbers" marked. We do NOT want to use a separate fulfillment process. Up until a few months ago, everything was fine. Now, when a PO item, assigned to a sales line item comes in, the s/n is autoassigned. How can I get this to go back the way it was? Below is the way we have had our SOP set up for eight years - why has it changed? Set-up>SOP>ORDER Allocate by: Doc/Batch X Transfer Order to BO / Transfer Order to Invoice Options: X Allow repeating documents _ Use Separate Fulfil...

Contact Groups 07-01-10
How do I manage a contact group so that I can send out many emails but only show the recipient's email address To use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) feature, in a new message window, either click View | All Headers and type in the addresses separated by a; Or: Click the To button. You will see your list of contacts and the choice of putting them in the To, CC, or BCC field. Click on an address, then click BCC to add it. Repeat for all the contacts you want. (Note: Most ISPs have limits as to how many e-mails you can send a one time. 25 is common, but it varies). Put your ow...

Adding a group of contacts as attendees to an appointment
Hi Is there a shortcut way to allow a group of contacts to be added as attendees to an appointment. The users of this CRM are frequently inviting the same group of contacts to an appointment and they would like an easy way of selecting the contacts without having to go through each contact one-by-one each time. Any possible solutions? TJ ...

How do I get the files to show up on task bar individually?
I used to have each file that I open up show up in the task bar. Somehow I turned that off and would like to turn it back on. Anyone know how to do this? Tools / Options / View / Windows In Taskbar HTH, Gary Brown >-----Original Message----- >I used to have each file that I open up show up in the task bar. Somehow I >turned that off and would like to turn it back on. Anyone know how to do >this? >. > ...

No Assigned Licenses
We have a total of 5 licenses. However only three users can access the CRM applications. If any other user tries to access the application we get an error message stating No Assigned Licenses Any suggestions? Thanks. Matthew You have to actually go assign the users licenses with the CRM, Log in to CRM as administrator, Click Settings from the Left menu, Click Business Unit Settings, Click users, Click the user you want to assign a license to, then from the popup click license from the left menu, Click Manage Licenses and add a license to that user. Just to warn you do not remove the l...

Exchange Task Permission Help
I would like to know if it possible to have a "Task Administrator". Basically I would like to have a mailbox or taskbox named "TaskBox" which I could create and assign Tasks with, but I need to be able to edit the Tasks once created.... Currently I can create tasks, but I cannot edit them at all. So I'm stuck in a bind... Any suggestions greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! -chad ...

DPM 2010 Error 360 0x80042428 creating protection groups
When trying to create protection groups I get the following errors in DPM 2010: Error 360: The operation failed due to a virtual disk service error Error details: Unknown error (0x80042428) Recommended action: Retry the operation. I have rebooted, restarted Virtual Disk service and added a new drive to storage pool. Have tried just local disks and with Hyper-V. Result is the same in each case. Now what should I try? From the website: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd208031(PROT.10).aspx This error is given by VDS as it is finding the disk as ReadOnly(0x80042428 ...

Reminder for synchronized tasks
Hi, when i create a task in CRM and synch my desktop client, the task is listed in outlook. Well, but there is no reminder for that kind of tasks! We have the same problem, when assigning task to other CRM-users and here it is absolutely necessary! Is this normal behaviour of the system? Can anyone help me? Michael I've seen where every task synced to Outlook from CRM has a reminder of 8 AM, but I haven't seen a case of no reminder. Does this always happen for you? -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mi...

Assigned task
Hi, we are receiving emails from our bosses with attachment of our schedule task which we manually enter into our outlook task folder, is there a way or how can we automatically accept assigned task to integrate to our task folder. We are using outlook2000 under windows98 the outlook 2000 version is part of the office 2000 package install on out PC's. TIA Is your boss sending the tasks to you using Outlook Rich Text Format? If not, have him start. Also, how is he assigning tasks? Using the Assign Task feature or forwarding the task to you? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

College Assignment Woes
Hello, I would GREATLY appreciate it if someone could guide me in some kind of direction. I have been given the following data: On a new sheet, named Salary Table, starting at cell A1, build the following table: Name Current Salary Percent Increase Effective Month 2004 Compensation. My exact problem is that I must createa formula that can be used for all to calculate the amount to each employee for the year 2004. The increases take place on the first day of the month specified. This means that if increase comes in July, the pay is six months at the old rate and six months at the new rat...

Tasks status items
Is it possible to customize the status headings/topics in Tasks? If so, how? -- Ernie Nivens The Nivens Financial Group 518 S. New Hope Road Gastonia, North Carolina 28054 Phone (704) 349-0005 Fax (704) 349-0009 www.ernienivens.com No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Ernie Nivens" <ernie@nivensfinancial.com> wrote in message news:e7dbe5z8EHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to customize the statu...

Assigning Records
When a Microsoft CRM Record is assigned from one Microsoft CRM User to another, the Microsoft CRM User who assigned the record will maintain share privileges on that record once it has been assigned. The ownership of that record will be changed to the Microsoft CRM User the record was assigned to, but the User who assigned the record (the previous owner) will still maintain share privileges on that record. (KB861702) We have a situation where we our system reassigns accounts to different users quite often. We would not like the previous owner to have share privileges on that record. It...

Group on date field in pivot table
I cannot group on a date field in XL2002. I select the field header, and Excel says I cannot group on it. I then select all the data elements, and it makes one big group instead of treating the field as "date." The source data is an Excel spreadsheet, and the data is formatted as date both at the source and it the pivot table. Anyone know why this happens or how I can resolve the problem? If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the date column, you won't be able to group on that field. William Benson wrote: > I cannot group on a date field in XL2002. I sele...

Single Routing Group vs. Multiple RGCs
On the bottom of Page 49 of the Microsoft document "Planning an Exchange 2003 Messaging System" (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9fc3260f-787c-4567 -bb71-908b8f2b980d&displaylang=en) It talks about routing group design as copied here: "the best practice is to start with a single routing group and add routing groups only when necessary. If your organization contains only a single group of servers and those servers have reliable, high-bandwidth, permanent connections, one routing group is all that is required. If, however, any of the following factor...

assign
How do I make every thin in a column that is not >4000 assigned the "0" and every cell >4000 assigned the "1" (and ignoring the letters)? column might look like 4002 AB009 4001ab 2004 0078 45 -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Are there always just 2 letters (or none)? On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:32:03 GMT, "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote: >How do I make every thin in a column that is not >4000 assigned the "0" and >every cell >4000 assigned the "1" (and ignoring the letters)? &g...