Assign Activity to Queue in Workflow - CRM 3.0

Hi,
In the regular user interface we can assign an activity to a user or queue,
however in a workflow we can only assign an activity to a user. Why is that?
Is there any workaround other than an assembly?
Thanks!
0
Dynamics (5)
1/21/2008 6:40:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can assign an activity in CRM 3.0 to a queue via workflow. If the primary
entity of the workflow is an activity, add an "Assign entity" step to the
workflow. In the Assign Entity dialog, you will see a three radio button and
the bottom one for Queue should be enabled. Click that and then click the
"Assign to" button

Thanks
Noor

"Dynamics" wrote:

> Hi,
> In the regular user interface we can assign an activity to a user or queue,
> however in a workflow we can only assign an activity to a user. Why is that?
> Is there any workaround other than an assembly?
> Thanks!
0
noorm (7)

assign a shortcut key in access
I want to assign a shortcut key in a form like when a user presses CTRL+S a code should run like Go To Control combo1 and me.combo1.dropdwon any way to do this? You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here's a very good explanation of how to do that! http://www22.brinkster.com/accessory/macros/002.shtml -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 missinglinq via AccessMonster.com wrote: > You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here&...

Negative date problems, and working with a leading 0 in cell
Hello, I have a cell which needs to contain a leading 0, the cel contains a date in the mmddyyyy format. I need to perform som calculations in other cells using this cell's information Unfortunately when I change the cell format to a custom one o "mmddyyyy" my date becomes a negative value and the cell is filled wit #'s. I've tried changing the date system to the 1904 system, but n change came. The dates I am using are all recent within 6 years, s it's not an issue of the date existing before 1900 or 1904. Essentially the problem is that I need to have the leading 0 ...

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Postcards #3
When developing postcards the program automatically prints 4 postcards on one sheet. I would like to print different postcards on each sheet. Instead of 4 of the same card I would like 4 different ones on each sheet to get the most out of my cardstock. Help! You will have to setup the postcards manually. Easiest way it to go to the arrange menu, set the margins to zero, 2 columns, 2 rows. In page setup use landscape. Keep in mind your printer margin limitations. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Yvonne&quo...

Reporting on Responses to Campaign Activities
I am trying to find a way to use a Campaign Performance report to run the following report with the following conditions: How many new contacts were created as a response of them filling out a form in several monthly journals (campaign activities, in CRM terms). Forms have codes to help track the issues. No sale process is involved. Basically, I would like to include a sub-report in the Response channel section (Journal1, Journal2, Journal3) that will group new contacts created as their response to a particular activity (Journal1 January 2007). Adding a customizable filter (Pick your ac...

Assigning values from a sheet to an array
Can anyone explain why I get a runtime error with the code below.MANY THANKS! Option Explicit Option Base 1 Sub testing3() Dim Vt() As Double Dim j As Long Dim i As Long ReDim Preserve Vt(1 To 40) For i = 1 To 40 j = Int(Rnd() * 1100) Vt(i) = Worksheets("data").Cells(1, j) Next i End Sub ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Because j is greater than 256, the maximum number of columns in Excel. Alan Beban Ann...

No "Assign Macro"
In the Excel help files it indicates that you can execute a pre-recorded macro from a command button. It states to first record the macro, then create the button, then right click on the button to get the shortcut menu and choose Assign Macro. I have tried this in both Excel 97 and Excel 2002 and in both cases I do not have any such item as "Assign Macro". Am I missing something If not by this elusive shortcut menu item, how can I assign the pre recorded macro through code? Aaron, It may be that your working with a command button from the "Control Toolbox" instead of...

Countif #3
I have a sheet that I work with every week that varies in size (columns and rows) This sheet has store numbers in column A, the City in column B, and inventory for various items in columns C to ??. What I have to do with this sheet every week is to use the COUNTIF function to count how many 0's there are in inventory. Then I have to sort the sheet by City, add rows in between. I am a newbie at macros and don't know how to find the last row and start my COUNTIF formula in column C, and tell it where to end. Can anyone help? Here is a sample what I have. Store City ...

Serial Numbers auto assigned
S/N are being auto assigned when the SOP Setup Options DO NOT have "auto-assign serial numbers" marked. We do NOT want to use a separate fulfillment process. Up until a few months ago, everything was fine. Now, when a PO item, assigned to a sales line item comes in, the s/n is autoassigned. How can I get this to go back the way it was? Below is the way we have had our SOP set up for eight years - why has it changed? Set-up>SOP>ORDER Allocate by: Doc/Batch X Transfer Order to BO / Transfer Order to Invoice Options: X Allow repeating documents _ Use Separate Fulfil...

Using variables in activities generated by workflow
Hi Is is possible to use a variable (taken from the calling object) in the title of a workflow activity? For example, if I write a workflow rule to create a follow up call, I have no way of knowing to whom that call is until I drill down into the activity. It would be nice to have the title of the activity something like Follow up call to &contact.fullname to show in the activity list as Follow up call to John Smith. -- Thanks Gill Opsis www.opsis.com.au Gill, You actually have most of the syntax. Try the following: &contact.fullname; These slugs are unsupported, but the...

Customizing Activity View- adding Account details
Is there anyway to add the account details tab in the activities view. Our sales team wanted to have the account details on the homepage activities screen. Thankyou in advance Kal From an earlier post: Just type for the "My Activities view" the following URL in your Internet > Explorer and replace "crmserver" with the name of your server. > http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} > > For the other views you can use these IDs: > My Activities: {00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} > Activities Adva...

Activating a Control in the Header
I'm using ACC2007. I have a form "frmContacts", which I need to setfocus to a control "datStoreName" in the FORM HEADER when it first opens. I have tried the following... Private Sub Form_Open (Cancel as Integer) Me.datStoreName.SetFocus End Sub ....but the first control in the DETAIL section retains focus when the form opens. How do I refer to a control in the FORM HEADER? Thanks everyone... John, I've found this to be flaky as well. You may have more success with the Load event than Open, but if the form is complex and there is...

Send/Recieve error #3
I had few viruses in my computer that I cleaned up. Ever since, I face send/recieve error in my pop3 email account. I think I deleted a driver or somthing. Any idea? ...

Publisher won't load part 3, the end of a saga
It was operator error. They were unaware of the "save as" feature. I saved the file in an older format and emailed it to the fellow who wanted to use it, etc. He had no trouble opening it. I'm the local hero. Thanks Mary! Alby ...

No Assigned Licenses
We have a total of 5 licenses. However only three users can access the CRM applications. If any other user tries to access the application we get an error message stating No Assigned Licenses Any suggestions? Thanks. Matthew You have to actually go assign the users licenses with the CRM, Log in to CRM as administrator, Click Settings from the Left menu, Click Business Unit Settings, Click users, Click the user you want to assign a license to, then from the popup click license from the left menu, Click Manage Licenses and add a license to that user. Just to warn you do not remove the l...

Importing customizations from 1.2 to 3.0???
Hi, I would expect that importing customizations from an existing MS CRM deployment (1.2) to a CRM 3.0 environment should be no issue. MS has used the seemless upgrade and metabase usage as their no.1 selling agrument. When the language codes are alike, is this possible? In other words, when upgrading to 3.0, the customizations from 1.2 (all through the standard config. tools..) should just be taken over, or not??? Thanks CRM Demo Hi, You can upgrade your system very easily if you have made no unsupported customizations. Just follow this document: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/det...

accessing remote print queue #3
Hi, I've to get the queue details from the remote printers in the network.How can I identify those automatically and get the details of those using vc++? I know how to do this for the local printer n its not working if I give "\\\\servername\\printer name". I tried EnumPrinters() also but its working for PRINTER_ENUM_NETWORK n _REMOTE with PRINTER_INFO_1 structure only n this structure is not giving the printer name for NT systems. So,pls help me as the submission date for my module is nearing by. Pls reply me asap. Thank you verymuch in advance. Regards, Rayudu. ...

Assigned task
Hi, we are receiving emails from our bosses with attachment of our schedule task which we manually enter into our outlook task folder, is there a way or how can we automatically accept assigned task to integrate to our task folder. We are using outlook2000 under windows98 the outlook 2000 version is part of the office 2000 package install on out PC's. TIA Is your boss sending the tasks to you using Outlook Rich Text Format? If not, have him start. Also, how is he assigning tasks? Using the Assign Task feature or forwarding the task to you? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Using Cases and Queues
Being somewhat new to CRM, I have a question... I would like all cases to be assigned to a queue and for ONE of those cases to automatically be assigned to an available CSR when that CSR no longer has a case that is not completed assigned to him (or perhaps when all cases that are assigned have a status of "On Hold"). Is this possible "out of the box"? Not possible out of the box, but could be done with a custom workflow. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "David Steele" wrote: > Being somewhat new to CRM, I have a question... &g...

Add fields to Activities list
Hi, Does anybody know how to add fields to the Activities lists in CRM? Under System Customization there is a list of Record Types that can be modified, but Activities does not show up in the list. Am I looking in the wrong place? Michael Nope, there is no supported way to customize activities. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anybody know how to add fields to the Activities >lists in CRM? Under System Customization there is a list >of Record Types that can be modified, but Activities does >not show up in the list. Am I looking in the wrong place? > ...

How do i know if a mailbox is active?
Is there a way I can see if and when users are logging into their respective mailboxes? The Exchange Server, version 5.5 is running on a Windows NT server. Inside MS Exchange Administrator, under “Private Information Store”, “Logons” it gives me a “Last Access Time” column which I find to be inaccurate and unreliable. Basically my intentions are to find out if email boxes are not being used and are messages going unanswered because a user is not logging into email? On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:25:07 -0700, uckkid <uckkid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way I can see if...

How to merge two Excel files. #3
i m using office XP, i have lots of data in different excel files, each files include two or three worksheet, and all worshett are in different layout, how to merge all this excel files in one excel files, is there any kind of facility in excel ....?.......can any body help for that........? Thanx in advance, BrijLo81. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.522 / Virus Database: 320 - Release Date: 9/29/2003 right click menu on sheet name, "select all sheets" and "Move or Copy" so you ca...

College Assignment Woes
Hello, I would GREATLY appreciate it if someone could guide me in some kind of direction. I have been given the following data: On a new sheet, named Salary Table, starting at cell A1, build the following table: Name Current Salary Percent Increase Effective Month 2004 Compensation. My exact problem is that I must createa formula that can be used for all to calculate the amount to each employee for the year 2004. The increases take place on the first day of the month specified. This means that if increase comes in July, the pay is six months at the old rate and six months at the new rat...

MS Date Time Picker 6.0 question
Just wondering, is it safe to assume that the Microsoft Date/Time Picker 6.0 Control will always start up with the current date??? I believe so, but the documentation doesn't mention it. To be sure, though, you can just assign the date to it in the UserForm's Initialize event... DTPicker1.Value = Date -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in message news:sQ_Ym.14247$eH1.2194@newsfe16.iad... > Just wondering, is it safe to assume that the > Microsoft Date/Time Picker 6.0 Control will > always start up with th...

Workflow for Advanced Find
I'd like to create a workflow to run a few advanced find's one after the other (and possibly export them to excel, but not critical). Any idea how I can do this? I have done a few AF's before, but I can't see where I can get access the the AF's on the workflow. Please help, I'm stuck! KBD635 On Sep 24, 3:27=A0pm, KBD635 <KBD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to create a workflow to run a few advanced find's one after the > other (and possibly export them to excel, but not critical). > Any idea how I can do this? > I have done a...