Ask a MSFT Expert About CRM Security--This Week

Hello all,

Welcome to the first Business Solutions Community discussion held directly
in the Microsoft CRM newsgroup. During the week of October 4th, Tanim Ahmed,
a Technical Lead on the Microsoft CRM Support Team, will answer questions
about troubleshooting CRM security -- right in this newsgroup thread.

How is this different than any other week in the newsgroup? While product
support
experts like Tanim may visit the newsgroup during their workweek to answer
customer and partner questions, they don't necessarily solicit questions on a
particular topic as we’re doing here.

During this weeklong discussion, Tanim will select 2-3 questions a day to
respond to in this thread. Other experts and users online may also offer
their advice here. At the end of the week, we hope to have a single thread on
CRM security tips that we can preserve for the benefit of other users in the
future.

In this discussion with Tanim, you may not get an immediate answer; it may
take a day for him to respond. Throughout the week, he will check this thread
and answer questions at a time that’s convenient for him. However, you should
feel free to post your questions at any time.

You may want to add this discussion to your Favorites list in Internet
Explorer. (To do so, click Favorites; then click Add to Favorites.) Then you
can check back later in the day, or the next day, to see if your question has
been answered. You can click Refresh to see if any new posts have been added
while you’ve been reading this thread.

To post a question or reply in this discussion, follow these steps using the
Web-based newsgroup reader:

1. Click Reply.
2. If prompted, sign in with your .NET Passport.
3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
the Notify me of replies check box.
7. Click Post.

Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
comfortable doing so.

Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
on the Business Solutions Community site.

Cheers,
Michelle

--
Michelle Goodman, Editor
Business Solutions Community

a-micheg (46)
10/4/2004 3:43:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I seem to be having problems reconciling what I think a permission and
access level role should allow and what I actually experience.

In the problem I having now, a user with a Sales license is trying to
update and close an activity associated with a case, but they get an
insufficient permissions error.  I find the error in the application
event log, note the PriviledgeID, and then look in the PrivilegeBase
table to find that the privilege is prvAppendToIncident.

The activity has been assigned to the Sales user.  All users are in
the same business unit.  The Sales user is assigned a role that has :
Activity: BU access level or higher for Create, Read, Write, append,
append to, and share.  User access level for delete and assign.
Case: BU access level or higher for create, read, write, append,
append to, assign.  User access level for delete and assign.  No
access for Share.

I've modified and saved the role, reassigned the role to the user,
waited several hours for the security descriptors to update.  I've
previously applied the HotFix from KB article 835292 "Copying a role
does not work in Microsoft Business Solutions CRM version 1.2"

What could I be doing to figure this out?

"Michelle Goodman [MSFT]" <a-micheg@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<CB8BA1E8-4489-4364-8D74-1B5D283CDDA7@microsoft.com>...
> Hello all,
>
> Welcome to the first Business Solutions Community discussion held directly
> in the Microsoft CRM newsgroup. During the week of October 4th, Tanim Ahmed,
> a Technical Lead on the Microsoft CRM Support Team, will answer questions
> about troubleshooting CRM security -- right in this newsgroup thread.
>
> How is this different than any other week in the newsgroup? While product
> support
> experts like Tanim may visit the newsgroup during their workweek to answer
> customer and partner questions, they don't necessarily solicit questions on a
> particular topic as we’re doing here.
>
> During this weeklong discussion, Tanim will select 2-3 questions a day to
> respond to in this thread. Other experts and users online may also offer
> their advice here. At the end of the week, we hope to have a single thread on
> CRM security tips that we can preserve for the benefit of other users in the
> future.
>
> In this discussion with Tanim, you may not get an immediate answer; it may
> take a day for him to respond. Throughout the week, he will check this thread
> and answer questions at a time that’s convenient for him. However, you should
> feel free to post your questions at any time.
>
> You may want to add this discussion to your Favorites list in Internet
> Explorer. (To do so, click Favorites; then click Add to Favorites.) Then you
> can check back later in the day, or the next day, to see if your question has
> been answered. You can click Refresh to see if any new posts have been added
> while you’ve been reading this thread.
>
> To post a question or reply in this discussion, follow these steps using the
> Web-based newsgroup reader:
>
> 1. Click Reply.
> 2. If prompted, sign in with your .NET Passport.
> 3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
> 4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
> 5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
> you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
> 6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
> the Notify me of replies check box.
> 7. Click Post.
>
> Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
> comfortable doing so.
>
> Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
> conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
> assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
> address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
> on the Business Solutions Community site.
>
> Cheers,
> Michelle
0
dnoreply
10/5/2004 9:03:19 PM
Hi Dave;

First of all thank you so much for the posting and I really appreciate your
time on this thread.

1.First of all when you mentioned that the user has Sales license I am
assuming the user have a Sales Standard or Sales Pro license.
2.Given that this user ( I will call him user1) does not have access to case
(incident) objects, so user2 might have created the case object and as such
the ownerid (owninguser) column is set to user2 id.
3.Now the activities that are created or associated with the case as well
are owned by another user.
4.In that case when user1 tries to close an activity is the activity owned
by user1 or owned by any other user?
5.If it is owned by user1 then you should be able to close a task otherwise
you will receive an erro message with insufficient privilege as the parent
object is owned by a different user.

I will tweak the privilege on the custom role that I have created and see I
can get past that error.
In the mean time if you can send me the screen shots for your custom role
would be great.

Thanks ahead.
Tanim

"Dave" wrote:

> [...]
> > 3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
> > 4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
> > 5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
> > you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
> > 6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
> > the Notify me of replies check box.
> > 7. Click Post.
> >
> > Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
> > comfortable doing so.
> >
> > Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
> > conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
> > assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
> > address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
> > on the Business Solutions Community site.

1. user1 has a Sales Pro license; user2 has a Service Pro license.

2. user2 created and owns the case.

3. the activities were created by user2 and are regarding the case.

4. user2 assigned the activity to user1 who then tries to update and
save the activity.

5. The task is thus owned by user1, but user1 can not save the task.

If I give user1 a service pro license, then user1 can save the task.
I will email you screen shots.
0
dnoreply
10/6/2004 12:27:33 PM
Hi Dave;

Thanks for the clarification and that is what I exactly thought. The
behavior you are seeing is expected. As the object (case) is owned by another
user and your user1 does not have any Service license the activities ( even
though they are assigned to user1---so the ownerid is user1 for these
activities) the parent object is not allowing/granting you to cascade the
close option.

Once you give the Service license that allows your user2 to access case
objects and then you can close it.
You don't have to send me the screen shots.
Thanks ahead.
Tanim

"Dave" wrote:

> 1. user1 has a Sales Pro license; user2 has a Service Pro license.
>
> 2. user2 created and owns the case.
>
> 3. the activities were created by user2 and are regarding the case.
>
> 4. user2 assigned the activity to user1 who then tries to update and
> save the activity.
>
> 5. The task is thus owned by user1, but user1 can not save the task.
>
> If I give user1 a service pro license, then user1 can save the task.
> I will email you screen shots.

Hi Tanim.

I don't know if this strictly counts as security but here goes. If a user
creates a DSN connection to the CRM MSCRM database - (for example to create a
pivot table in Excel on the lead table) - does his or her security role get
used (assuming they logged in under thier CRM user name) ?

"tanim [msft]" wrote:

> Hi Dave;
>
> Thanks for the clarification and that is what I exactly thought. The
> behavior you are seeing is expected. As the object (case) is owned by another
> user and your user1 does not have any Service license the activities ( even
> though they are assigned to user1---so the ownerid is user1 for these
> activities) the parent object is not allowing/granting you to cascade the
> close option.
>
> Once you give the Service license that allows your user2 to access case
> objects and then you can close it.
> You don't have to send me the screen shots.
> Please let me know if you have any further questions.
> Thanks ahead.
> Tanim
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
> > 1. user1 has a Sales Pro license; user2 has a Service Pro license.
> >
> > 2. user2 created and owns the case.
> >
> > 3. the activities were created by user2 and are regarding the case.
> >
> > 4. user2 assigned the activity to user1 who then tries to update and
> > save the activity.
> >
> > 5. The task is thus owned by user1, but user1 can not save the task.
> >
> > If I give user1 a service pro license, then user1 can save the task.
> > I will email you screen shots.

Tanin,

I would like to hear a definitive response on using a Domain account vs. Local
System for the services, especially in an environment that locks down AD
security.

I have run into a lot of problems (as have many others on the board) related to
the identity on the various services, especially when SQL is on a different
machine than CRM.  There also seems to be problems when SQL runs under an
account other than Local System.

BTW, please don't respond with "run everything under a Domain Admin account".
That doesn't cut it for most companies.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:43:02 -0700, "Michelle Goodman [MSFT]"
[...]

Matt
10/7/2004 4:51:06 PM
Hi Matt;

Thanks for the posting and I totally understand your frustration as
CRMSecurity service behaves differntly when you start the CRMSecurity and
MSSQLServer services under different accounts.

Let's discuss this at length:

Background Information
When the Security Service starts up it first attempts to connect to the SQL
Server using the credentials it is running under. Also, when the Web App is
loaded the process that the Web App is running under, which is in the IIS
Process's process space, attempts to connect to the SQL Server as well using
the credentials it is running under (LocalSystem by default).

So based on the information above you should not have any problem running
MSSQLServer service under a service account(which is pretty common when you
use SQL mail or for tighter security reason) and running MSCRM Security
service under another service account.

In your system if these 2 services are running under 2 different service
accounts then please follow the instructions below to resolve any duplicate
Service Principal Name (SPN) or any 1053 "service could not be started in a
timely fashion error" message.

1.On your Active Directory users and Computers (dsa.msc) go to builtin |
Pre-Windows 2000 compatible access groups and add your service accounts under
the member tab.
2.Under your CRM Organizational Unit (CRM OU)  there are 4 groups.Again add
both the service accounts under PrivUserGroup and UserGroup members tab.
3.If you have windows support tools on any CRM or SQL server then run
adsiedit.msc and make sure you do not have any duplicate SPN for MSSQLServer
service.
the SPN entry for MSSQLServer looks like this:
MSSQLSvc/<your sql servername>.<your fully qualified domain>:1433 (default
SQL port)
4.If you still have some connectivity issue then you can create an ODBC
datasource DSN info from your CRM server to SQL server using Named Pipes
instead of TCP/IP.

So bottom line is you can start the services under different accounts
including local system or domain admin accounts but you don't have to.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you ahve any questions.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> 3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
> 4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
> 5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
> you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
> 6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
> the Notify me of replies check box.
> 7. Click Post.
>
> Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
> comfortable doing so.
>
> Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
> conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
> assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
> address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
> on the Business Solutions Community site.

Hi Matt;

Another quick reference is our implementation guide and search on
"Topic =  Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access group" page 155 of the IG.pdf
file.
Thanks ahead.
Tanim

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> 3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
> 4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
> 5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
> you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
> 6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
> the Notify me of replies check box.
> 7. Click Post.
>
> Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
> comfortable doing so.
>
> Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
> conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
> assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
> address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
> on the Business Solutions Community site.

Hi Pete;

You are correct when you create an DSN information then you are bypassing
our whole security model and none of teh roles information applies at that
point.

Thanks ahead.
Tanim

"PeteC" wrote:

> Hi Tanim.
>
> I don't know if this strictly counts as security but here goes. If a user
> creates a DSN connection to the CRM MSCRM database - (for example to create a
> pivot table in Excel on the lead table) - does his or her security role get
> used (assuming they logged in under thier CRM user name) ?
>
> "tanim [msft]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Dave;
> >
> > Thanks for the clarification and that is what I exactly thought. The
> > behavior you are seeing is expected. As the object (case) is owned by another
> > user and your user1 does not have any Service license the activities ( even
> > though they are assigned to user1---so the ownerid is user1 for these
> > activities) the parent object is not allowing/granting you to cascade the
> > close option.
> >
> > Once you give the Service license that allows your user2 to access case
> > objects and then you can close it.
> > You don't have to send me the screen shots.
> > Please let me know if you have any further questions.
> > Thanks ahead.
> > Tanim
> >
> > "Dave" wrote:
> >
> > > 1. user1 has a Sales Pro license; user2 has a Service Pro license.
> > >
> > > 2. user2 created and owns the case.
> > >
> > > 3. the activities were created by user2 and are regarding the case.
> > >
> > > 4. user2 assigned the activity to user1 who then tries to update and
> > > save the activity.
> > >
> > > 5. The task is thus owned by user1, but user1 can not save the task.
> > >
> > > If I give user1 a service pro license, then user1 can save the task.
> > > I will email you screen shots.

Hi Tanim

Can you explain why MSDE sometimes fails to connect to the local db's. I
have found the KB article that solves this but I'm unsure as why some SFO
installations work fine and others don't.

"tanim [msft]" wrote:

> [...]
> > 3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
> > 4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
> > 5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
> > you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
> > 6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
> > the Notify me of replies check box.
> > 7. Click Post.
> >
> > Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
> > comfortable doing so.
> >
> > Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
> > conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
> > assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
> > address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
> > on the Business Solutions Community site.

Hi Pete;

There are mainly 2 reasons why MSDE cannot be registered or failed to
connect to your SQL enterprise manager.

1.First of all on your client please go to system drive | program files |
microsoft sql server | 80 | Tools | Binn | and search for SVRNETCN.exe and
make sure both the TCP/IP and Named pipes are selected. generally it is not.
2.Then make sure the user who is logged into your SQL server, add that user
to administrators group under local users and groups on your client machine.
3.Then make an ODBC datasource connection to your client machine from SQL
server using named pipes.

After these steps most of the time you should be able to connect your MSDE
from your SQL server.
Thanks Ahead.
Tanim

"PeteC" wrote:

> [...]
> > > 3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
> > > 4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
> > > 5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
> > > you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
> > > 6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
> > > the Notify me of replies check box.
> > > 7. Click Post.
> > >
> > > Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
> > > comfortable doing so.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
> > > conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
> > > assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
> > > address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
> > > on the Business Solutions Community site.

Hi all,

I want to thank Tanim and everyone else who participated in last week's
Business Solutions Community discussion in this newsgroup thread. This was
our Web site's second effort at hosting a newsgroup-based chat, and we're
happy with the results. We're also glad Tanim could answer some of your
questions here in the newsgroup.

Feel free to continue discussing this topic in this newsgroup thread (or any
other for that matter). We'll link to this discussion from the Microsoft.com
archives so others can benefit from the information posted here. Also feel
free to let me know what you think of this chat medium. Our site plans to
host several more newsgroup chats this fall.

As always, you can reach me at bizmeet@microsoft.com.

Best,

Michelle Goodman
Editor, Business Solutions Community

"tanim [msft]" wrote:

> Hi Pete;
>
> There are mainly 2 reasons why MSDE cannot be registered or failed to
> connect to your SQL enterprise manager.
>
> 1.First of all on your client please go to system drive | program files |
> microsoft sql server | 80 | Tools | Binn | and search for SVRNETCN.exe and
> make sure both the TCP/IP and Named pipes are selected. generally it is not.
> 2.Then make sure the user who is logged into your SQL server, add that user
> to administrators group under local users and groups on your client machine.
> 3.Then make an ODBC datasource connection to your client machine from SQL
> server using named pipes.
>
> After these steps most of the time you should be able to connect your MSDE
> from your SQL server.
> Thanks Ahead.
> Tanim
>
> "PeteC" wrote:
>
> > Hi Tanim
> >
> > Can you explain why MSDE sometimes fails to connect to the local db's. I
> > have found the KB article that solves this but I'm unsure as why some SFO
> > installations work fine and others don't.
> >
> > "tanim [msft]" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Matt;
> > >
> > > Another quick reference is our implementation guide and search on
> > > "Topic =  Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access group" page 155 of the IG.pdf
> > > file.
> > > Thanks ahead.
> > > Tanim

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows Vista
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 (KB979906) This update fails to install, with error code 643. I am operating Windows Vista SP2 I have Microsoft .net Framework 1.1 installed, the hotfix for 1.1 (KB929729) and Microsoft .net Framework 3.5 SP1 Hello JM, You might want to look at the following kb article to see if this will help with the error 643. <http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070643> Please let us know if this helps. if not wait for more responses -=- &q...

Moving the CRM Toolbar in Outlook
There needs to be a way to permanently move the CRM toolbar in Outlook. Users often click on the Track in CRM button instead of clicking of the Send button or the Reply button. Currently, we can move it but it just moves back when you open the next new email or reply. Please consider this feature in the next release. We spend a lot of effort cleaning up emails that were tracked by accident when users were really trying to hit the Send button or the Reply Button. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes....

Import into CRM 3.0 Contacts?
What's the easiest way to get Outlook Contacts imported into CRM 3.0 Contacts? Per... use this way http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/configure/outlookimport.mspx -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Per Moeller-Olsen" wrote: > What's the easiest way to get Outlook Contacts imported into CRM 3.0 > Contacts? > > Per... > > > Thanks. Will try that. Per... "Imran-mscrmexpert" <mscrmexpert@gmail.com...

CRM Upgrade Advisor
I am doing a test run on my CRM develoment server and I receive the following error result, "The stored procedures in the CRM database are not consistent with CRM 1.2 stored procedures" Any thoughts on this, it states in the advisor that this is an issue that will not cause upgrade problems, but I'd like to have no warnings prior to the upgrade. Sean, You can have a look at the log file in c:\documents & settings\<your userprofile>\application data\microsoft\mscrm\logs You might find some answers in there... -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: h...

Require ability to print service calendar in CRM
I am using the service Calendar in CRM 3.0 to record commitments etc booked for a pool of consultants. The service calendar enables me to create a view of appropriate resources so I can effectively see a schedule for the months ahead. What I am not able to do is print this Service Calendar as you can for example in Outlook. This strikes me as being something of an oversight and would be a useful feature. I have been told the only possible work around is to 'print screen' however this isn't really an option. Any comment / suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks --...

linked price lists in CRM
Would be helpful to be able to link price lists so that when one is changed, others automatically update. Eg if wholesale price list changes then it will update retail price list. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssoluti...

Ask your advice.
Hi all, We have exchange 2003 SP2 windows 2003 R2 envir. We have 4GB RM on the server. We have 10 mailbox stores. Now I need to create one mailbox store for several users (new dept) and should I put these users to the existing mailbox stores or create seperate mailbox store for these users? What's the memory penalty if I put these userson the new seperate mailbox store (from memory perspective?) Thank you! It probably doesn't matter much. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "e...

CRM Key
When I send E-mail, I got error"Communication error, missing Microsoft CRM key," what is it problem? help me please. Thanks. Stanley Stanley, What client were you using when you recieved this error ? "Stanley" wrote: > When I send E-mail, I got error"Communication error, > missing Microsoft CRM key," > what is it problem? help me please. > > Thanks. > > Stanley > Stanley, Have you installed the CRM Exchange router on your Exchange server? It sounds like you haven't done that so when it tries to route the email to the Excha...

Best way to access data outside MS-CRM
Hi, What's the best way to access from inside MS-CRM, data related to example stock information which is stored in another SQL Database. Import routines are not an options, as that has to be real-time. Thanks Taja, Create an ASP page to present the data. When you use the ISV.config to add the button to load the form, you can pass the ID of the current record. Stephen "Taja" <taja2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ugIJujQwEHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > What's the best way to access from inside MS-CRM, data related to example >...

Help, keeps asking for passwor
I downloaded a MS template from the MS Download site. It's for Excel and it is a Monthly Timesheet. It keeps asking me for a password when I try to modify it for our company. HELP Where did you download it from and what is it called ? Regards Trevor "dkk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F51C5E6-940A-42C7-BABB-DF89826992DC@microsoft.com... > I downloaded a MS template from the MS Download site. It's for Excel and it is a Monthly Timesheet. It keeps asking me for a password when I try to modify it for our company. > HELP Hi d...

Outlook asks for UID, Password & Domain
I am using Outlook 2000 on and XP Pro machine. I just bought 7 machines and reinstalled outlook on all my machines on an SBS 4.5 exchange client system. All but two machines work fine. For some reason on my machine and a second on the network, when I start Outlook I get a pop up box asking for username, password and domain. Once I install that info i get in. But when I close outlook and restart it, it does the same thing. buzz See if this article applies to you; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321652 Also fix your system time; you're posting from the future! -- Robert Spa...

Integration CRM & Navision
I have a question abut integration CRM with Navision - is this supported in version 3.0 and how this work? Where can I find more info about this type of integration? Lidia hi Lidia, to recite Ronald: Specific questions related to CRM v3 should be addressed to the Early Access newsgroup. For connection details see: https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources/newsgroups.doc I hope this helps Andreas Donaubauer [MVP f�r CRM] MCP seit 1999, MCSE, MCSA andreas[at]donaubauer.com http://www.crmfaq.de "Lidia" <lidia@op.pl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9B5B2E26-69...

yet more crm email probs
Ok, So i have created a queue called "support email", assigned it the email address of support@mydomain. I have an AD user, whose email address is support@mydomain, who is disabled, with the various "SELF" permissions and custom attributes set as described in the Implementation Guide. I have used the exchange email router and entered the email address of the CRM user which was specified when CRM was installed, and I have applied the rule to the Support queue user. When someone emails support@mydomain, exchange manager shows an email appear in the mailbox for the support u...

Subject line in CRM Appointments
Our sales people are complaining that the Account Name and Account Number do not automatically show up in the calendar when setting up CRM appointments when they link it to an account. They must open the appointment up to see which account they are visiting or put the account name and number in the subject line. Is there a way to make it automatically put the account name and number in the subject line so it displays on the calendar?? They feel it is redundant to select the account in the regarding field and type it in the subject line just so it appears on the calendar. MaryBeth ...

ExchangeQueueServices fails to deliver incoming Emails to CRM
Hi, The EventViewer: An HTTP status code of 405 was returned while attempting to deliver a message. Message subject: '---Subject---' URL: 'http://<our crm-Server>/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf'. The message is created on every incoming mail.Permissions for MSCRMServices or configuration problem with ExchangeQueueServices f�r Exchange? Sorry if this have been discussed earlier but I havent found anything helpful on the net on this topic so far. best regards �ge, Graz Austria that one helped a lot: http://msmvps.com/crm/ Thanks very much to Scott Colson. regards Åge ...

Need Microsoft CRM consultant in California Silicon Valley 11-18-06
Hi, We are looking for an individual Microsoft CRM consultant to help us on MS CRM. We want this person to help us through the issues and new functionality, design reports and so on. Independent MS CRM consultants - please email your resume and contact information to crm-user@hotmail.com Thanks ...

CRM 3.0 for Outlook adn Outlook 2007
Does anyone know why CRM 3.0 for Outlook wil not work with Outlook 2007? Brellim, Make sure you have the v3c version of the CRM for Outlook, which is compatible with Office 2007: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=740E1B3B-11C3-4AEF-B2E3-8309E0CF1BB0&displaylang=en If your question is not regarding compatibility, but that you're seeing errors in Outlook 2007 with the CRM addin, then you may want to be more specific. Peter Gernburd "brellim" <brellim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEC8E5C3-D7EA-4B0F-A212-D9C61C5C1667@micro...

ask
what are the ways on how to create a calendar... The easist way is to start with a template. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "geneva" <geneva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB30392C-CDC2-49D6-8BC7-2D915EA72E37@microsoft.com... > what are the ways on how to create a calendar... > When you open Publisher go to File, New and the wizard will come up with a list of most everything. Select the item you want to create and use what is there or substitute what is not wante...

Why is it that every time you install a security update you get vi
I installed the latest upgrade for IE8 security update and my computer crahed the next day. What ever it let in, it wiped out all of my backup points. It will go back to something but once windows is able to come up, it freezes and shuts down. I have heard of other people having the same problem with IE8. What can I try with out wiping everything off the hard drive or taking it to some one to recover data? And I dout Microsoft will pay for the repairs. -- ICS Hi, Did you install anything between the update and the next day? We need to know your windows version and serv...

CRM Client Installation issues
I re-installed CRM Sales for Outlook on a laptop without any problem. However, when I open Outlook I don't see the CRM folders and the links on the toolbar. This was working yesterday, but when the user came to work today, he couldn't open folders under the plugin. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks, KC ...

Outlook Client
Hi all, we're going through a pilot test phase for the Outlook Client for CRM 3.0 / Outlook 2003. There are 5 users in total at the moment who have it installed: Myself - Sysadmin Data Admin (/Sysadmin role) 2 Inside Sales guys 1 Field Sales guy. The problem comes with the Data Admin user's account: the CRM menu is disactivated. I've tried the Rollup 2, plus the hotfix for KB Article 942545 to no effect. He doesn't have local admin rights for his PC, but neither do the others (myself excluded). Could there be some sort of incompatibility between him being admin in the CR...

login to crm without using the :5555 extension, how?
Hi all, I have 2 questions: 1. I am trying to change the logon adress of MSCRM to crm.businessname.com instead of using the crm.businessname.com:5555 can someone help me to get it to work? 2. I created a header in IIS, and created a pointer in DNS. i can logon to CRM, but i get an error on the chapters: activity, agenta, accounts and contact The error is: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Pleas...

when I delete messages or rss it asks me if I want to delete
when I delete messages or rss it asks me if I want to delete this is extreemly agravating I have looked but I don't see where I can disable this tools, options, other tab, advanced button - warn before deleting? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of ...

Isn't Outlook 2003 supposed to ask me to turn off the Out of Office status when I log in?
Hello! IIRC in the past, Outlook 2003 (using MS Exchange for e-mails) would prompt me if I want to turn off its auto-reply for Out of Office status I manually set a few days before. However this morning from my three days weekend, it didn't ask me that and a co-worker noticed that it was sending auto-reply messages. Is this a bug or did I miss something? Thank you in advance. :) -- Phillip Pi Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst ISP/Symantec Online Services, Consumer Business Unit Symantec Corporation www.symantec.com ----------------------------------------------------- Email:...

Fun with SQL and CRM Help needed
Ok. I've been tasked with setting the "Address Name" for every contact equal to the name of the parent company. I know I can write an SQL query to do this, I just can't figure out where the relationship is between contacts accounts and the customeraddressbase table. So, heres what I need to do: Open Contact, Get Contacts Parent Customer Name, Put Parent Customer Name into Address Name for the contacts main address. The database is relatively new, we just finished a very botched import from ACT! not to long ago. this is the latest "Fix" that I've been asked to...