Anyone having difficulty installing the new CRM3c client?

I have a brand new box running XP and Office 2007 that I built up that has
all of the updates installed.  I have attempted many times to run the
installation of the new CRM 3c client (the one compatible with Vista and
Office 2007) and after running through a few of the screens, it errors on the
System Requirements screen, saying:

"The installed version of Microsf Outlook is not support by the Microsoft
CRM client.  Please upgrade to the current release of Microsoft Outlook."

Ironic considering I'm running the latest and greatest of everything.  I did
find a post on the net about adding in an "Ignorechecks" dword key in the
registry to bypass this, but even when that works, the install still
ultimately fails.

Have any of you installed the 3c client under Office 2007 successfully?

--
Sketchy
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There are known issues with the V3 Client and Office 2007.  Try installing
the V3C client from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740e1b3b-11c3-4aef-b2e3-8309e0cf1bb0&DisplayLang=en .

--
Arne Marquez
Microsoft Dynamics CRM

"sketchy" <sketchy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a brand new box running XP and Office 2007 that I built up that has
> all of the updates installed.  I have attempted many times to run the
> installation of the new CRM 3c client (the one compatible with Vista and
> Office 2007) and after running through a few of the screens, it errors on
> the
> System Requirements screen, saying:
>
> "The installed version of Microsf Outlook is not support by the Microsoft
> CRM client.  Please upgrade to the current release of Microsoft Outlook."
>
> Ironic considering I'm running the latest and greatest of everything.  I
> did
> find a post on the net about adding in an "Ignorechecks" dword key in the
> registry to bypass this, but even when that works, the install still
> ultimately fails.
>
> Have any of you installed the 3c client under Office 2007 successfully?
>
> --
> Sketchy

0
Arne
3/9/2007 8:46:14 PM
I am having the same problem with one of the machines in our office. The box
is running XP and has Outlook 2007 and gets stuck on the same message. I
found out that there is a new release of the 3.0 client yesterday (June 4th)
and tried installing that to no avail. What else is to be done?
--
Thank you for the help!!

Richard Page MSc.

"Arne Marquez [MSFT]" wrote:

> There are known issues with the V3 Client and Office 2007.  Try installing
> the V3C client from
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740e1b3b-11c3-4aef-b2e3-8309e0cf1bb0&DisplayLang=en .
>
> --
> Arne Marquez
> Microsoft Dynamics CRM
>

> "sketchy" <sketchy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a brand new box running XP and Office 2007 that I built up that has
> > all of the updates installed.  I have attempted many times to run the
> > installation of the new CRM 3c client (the one compatible with Vista and
> > Office 2007) and after running through a few of the screens, it errors on
> > the
> > System Requirements screen, saying:
> >
> > "The installed version of Microsf Outlook is not support by the Microsoft
> > CRM client.  Please upgrade to the current release of Microsoft Outlook."
> >
> > Ironic considering I'm running the latest and greatest of everything.  I
> > did
> > find a post on the net about adding in an "Ignorechecks" dword key in the
> > registry to bypass this, but even when that works, the install still
> > ultimately fails.
> >
> > Have any of you installed the 3c client under Office 2007 successfully?
> >
> > --
> > Sketchy

Check out the white paper on performance tuning the CRM database. It fixed
the issue for one of my clients. Additionally it might be very worth a call
to Microsoft CRM support. Just make sure you stick with CRM Support (don't
get pushed to SQL, Reporting Services, Office or any other support group)..

--
Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
President, The Norwich Group

Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA
Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007,
Autotask, LinkedIN,
TypePad and More!
"RikPage" <RikPage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem with one of the machines in our office. The
>box
> is running XP and has Outlook 2007 and gets stuck on the same message. I
> found out that there is a new release of the 3.0 client yesterday (June
> 4th)
> and tried installing that to no avail. What else is to be done?
> --
> Thank you for the help!!
>
> Richard Page MSc.
>

> "Arne Marquez [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> There are known issues with the V3 Client and Office 2007.  Try
>> installing
>> the V3C client from
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740e1b3b-11c3-4aef-b2e3-8309e0cf1bb0&DisplayLang=en .
>>
>> --
>> Arne Marquez
>> Microsoft Dynamics CRM
>> rights.
>>

>> "sketchy" <sketchy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a brand new box running XP and Office 2007 that I built up that
>> >has
>> > all of the updates installed.  I have attempted many times to run the
>> > installation of the new CRM 3c client (the one compatible with Vista
>> > and
>> > Office 2007) and after running through a few of the screens, it errors
>> > on
>> > the
>> > System Requirements screen, saying:
>> >
>> > "The installed version of Microsf Outlook is not support by the
>> > Microsoft
>> > CRM client.  Please upgrade to the current release of Microsoft
>> > Outlook."
>> >
>> > Ironic considering I'm running the latest and greatest of everything.
>> > did
>> > find a post on the net about adding in an "Ignorechecks" dword key in
>> > the
>> > registry to bypass this, but even when that works, the install still
>> > ultimately fails.
>> >
>> > Have any of you installed the 3c client under Office 2007 successfully?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Sketchy

0
Anne

Just installing word-is it possible?
I was given Microsoft office for Mac 2008 and am in the middle of installing, however I only really use Word and in order to save space I wondered if there was any way of customising so that word is the only program installed? I don't need powerpoint, excel etc so they're really just a waste of space. The only customising option I can see so far is adding/removing fonts and dock icons, can anyone help? <br><br>thanks installed! ...

Setup unable to install some components--on a Vista machine
I am running Vista Home Premium with SP1 installed. When I try to install Money Plus Deluxe, I get the dreaded "Setup is unable to install some components. Try reinstalling Money." I've read all of the threads I can find about this error message, but all seem to deal with XP, not Vista. I've tried everything I can find on the newsgroups, etc., to no avail. Has anyone running Vista had this problem and if so, pleas help!!!!!! In microsoft.public.money, kennyjones wrote: >I am running Vista Home Premium with SP1 installed. When I try to install >Money Plus D...

anyone knows
presently I am using Excel 2000. For file open I use ^O or open fro file menu, a box appeared from where I can select file for open. Lef side of this box some shortcuts are there to reach a specific locatio such as "History", "Mydocument", "Desktop", "Favorities" etc. I want to add my locations (directory) so that I can reach there fast. How I can do? thanks in advance. S Kara -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use the Places COM add-in from Microsoft: INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download http:...

when I try to run detect and repair, windows installer comes up
and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and win xp pro You can also insert your CD, start setup and choose Repair then. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:u0nlBvBsEHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so > how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and ...

Outlook New Email "To..." Addresses From Contact Folder
The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under "Email" in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last" is always displayed no matter what I do. Suggestions? I suggest posting your Outlook version so we can answer. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Roy Bethel" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:brno9s$7vh$1@newslocal.mitre.org... > The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under > "Email" in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last"...

CWinApp Difficulties
I am beginning work on an application (let's call it PRO) that extends the functionality of our basic program (let's call the basic program PLUS). PRO will contain all the functionality of PLUS, so it makes sense (to me at least) to inherit as much as I can from PLUS to decrease the amount of code maintainance needed. Therefore, I have created a new project, and created a CPROView that inherits from CPLUSView, a CPRODoc that inherits from CPLUSDoc, and a CPROApp that inherits from CPLUSApp. The last class is where the problem is occuring. Everything compiles and runs, but the const...

Anyone?
Anyone? In news:1121087669.975314.186420@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Zack Schneeberger <schneebie1@**** > typed: > Anyone? Yes? ...

Install Module choices mapped to Help Menu Module Listing
Hello, when installing GPv10 you have choices of what to install. For example: EFT for Receivables, Electronic Bank Reconciliation, Professional Services Tools Library, etc. But when you go under Help>Options and display the registration report it's not a one-to-one mapping of what you chose when doing the install. For example modules listed in my registration report that are not registered are Cashbook Bank Management, Bank One Commercial Card Integration, Bank One Direct Paycheck Card Integration. I don't know if these are mapped to EFT for Receivables or Electronic Bank Recon...

How can I move a menu to a new database?
Hi. I have made a menu of my own in a access database. I want to create a new database and copy table, queries and form from a old database but the menu I made is not coming to the new database. How can I include also the menu to the new database? Hannu Under Import, select the original db, and when the selections come up, click on Options. That will show you a checkbox for importing menus, etc. Damon "hanski" <lappalainen.hannu@luukku.com> wrote in message news:1183315800.017804.19890@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > I have made a menu of my own in ...

Nedd time to update once new record added
I have a continuious form that records sign in times for employees. My problem arrises when an employee puts thier name in the control a new record appears for the next person with the current time on it as I have it set to Defalt Value =Now(). So 20 minuites later when another employee signs in the time is wrong for them because I need the time control to update after all the information is added to the record, not before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi Roby, Remove the default value (from either the underlying table, or the textbox control), and use the BeforeInsert event...

Installing EndNote X1
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Processor: Power PC Hello, According to the installation notes for EndNote X1 my Word tools menu should have an EndNote option. It doesn't. Apparently I should update Word X, but I can't find that on the website. And in any case my computer regularly updates all its programs. Can someone please advise. Thank you <interacting@officeformac.com> wrote: > Hello, According to the installation notes for EndNote X1 my Word tools > menu should have an EndNote option. It doesn't. Apparently I should > update Word X, bu...

Anyone know what a
stick graph is? Is it similar to a candlestick graph? Kids have to do one for homework and nobody seems to know what it is! Rob Graham Hi Rob, Is it possibly a xy scatter where the points are not connected to each other but with the x axis. Looks sort of like a column chart with very thin bars. Where the x axis is a value axis and not the usual category type. If so plot your x and y values as a normal scatter chart , points only. The add negative Y error bars to the series. Use custom values and select the y values. This should then drop vertical lines to the x axis. Rob Graham wrote...

Anyone?
I am making a list of names that I will be ranking and need to be able to move them up and down the list frenquently in a timely mannor. How do I create a list that I can click on a name then drag and drop it into another spot on the list, as aposed to cutting and inserting? ...

BP Install
So...MS Support dialed in and completely FUBAR'd my Sharepoint and BP sites by doinking with the app pools....it never ran again. Luckily we had not put a lot into production yet. I've taken this week and rebuilt MOSS and installed BP and DynamcisGPWeb services. Now, BP loads, but there is no selection box to pick which company to log into. I've tried everything I could find on CustomerSource and elsewhere on the web, to no avail. I can go to the My Business Portal settings and select the default company, and I can assign users to companies in the back office....but none ...

New XML Editor in Visual Studio 2005
Here is some more information about it: http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnxmlnet/html/xmltools.asp ...

Has anyone been able to write an if/then formula in excell?
Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, then B35=10/21/04) Hi in cell B35 enter =IF(A5=21,DATE(2004,10,21),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KirkF" <KirkF@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E5F75BB-F4F3-4853-97A5-7FEB7AC4C8CB@microsoft.com... > Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, > then B35=10/21/04) No. You can't write a formula that will affect another cell. You' need to use VBA code for that -- firefyt ----------------------------...

Install CRM Outlook in every profile
Hi All, Anybody know how to install CRM Outlook in one machine but in the different profile. Because I only can use CRM outlook only for the spesific profile that I installed. Rgds, Frans Hi Frans, at the moment, only one user can use the MSCRM Sales for Outlook. It�s not possible to have it for differnt profiles. The reason is, that settings in the regestry is written in the HKLM/Software/Microsoft/MSCRM. One idea could be, to change the settings via login script. But I �ve never tested it. -- Ich hoffe, das hilft / I hope, this helps. Freundliche Gr�sse, Alfred G�bel (MS) (Microso...

Anyone else?
Does anyone else have any suggestions for this dillema that I find myself in? Thanks in advance, MC The only thing that I can gather from your post is that you need to use the spelling checker. The grammar could be better too. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Michaelcip" <Michaelcip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6EF553F-9538-44EE-BC74-127081A880F4@microsoft.com... > Doe...

New Installation Exc 2003
Hello, I' m going to move my exchange server from DC Controler to a new member server under Win2003 SP1. This one is configured with SCSI Hard Drive and raid card controler. The raid level is 5. I m looking for advices to create partitions for exchange. What is the best solution ? I have the partition system (10Go - Win2003) and also another one for the pagefile (5go). It remains 60Go. Do I have to create a partition for Exchange Files, Log Files, SMTP Queue or anything else ? Thanks for you help. fabrice The problem is that you get no real performance benefit from creating ...

Anyone on the inside know when Yukon is coming?
How about pricing as well? I'm really interested in the 'native' xml capabilities. Updating at the node-level especially. Not much has been disclosed. Details will be unveilded at the PDC in October, Attendants will get a beta version. They may be setting a target release date once they collected enough feedback from the closed beta that's going on right now. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor "Baseman" <nospam_productdata@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:PbQ4b.15021$j26.10001@lakeread02... > How about pricing as well? I'...

How to add a new line inside a (text-formatted) cell?
Hi, does anybody know how a new line is inserted inside a text-formatted cell? Hi hit ALT+ENTER to insert a line break within a cell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany VHE wrote: > Hi, does anybody know how a new line is inserted inside a > text-formatted cell? <Alt><Enter>. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi, does anybody know how a new line is inserted inside a text-formatted cell? >. > Use Alt-Enter. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mail...

What to do after installing CRM?! Problems....
I have just installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003. Everything went fine but when I try to access the website I get HTTP 400 - Bad request "The page cannot be found". It seems that everything in IIS is OK. Any ideas??? Thanx, Michael. ...

Magnified view in new messages
Outlook 2007 - PC - XP Pro Greetings: I don't know how I did it, but now whenever I open a new message composition window the fonts appear huge. When I look at them they are listed as regular size (i.e. Arial 10 pt.), but somehow the window has become magnified so the font looks like an Arial 50 pt. How can I reset this? Your help appreciated. BG Have you tried looking on the Format Text tab and clicking the Zoom button? I have to admit this is clumsier than previous versions, which had a zoom box on the toolbar, but there's progress for you! If your mouse has a scroll ...

Is there anyone ?
Hi: Is there anyone who can be my friend? we can talk eachother and have fun. Thanks in advance. Edwin, You've posted this plea in a forum dedicated to support of the Access database program, which is part of some versions of MS Office. Unless you want to ask questions about MS Access, this is the wrong place. Please search out a chat or social networking forum, such as MyFace and try there. Best of luck. George "Edwin" <zcoolzc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5AAE16D7-2B5B-4679-99BA-DE20B94F0C22@microsoft.com... > Hi: > Is ...

Exchange 2003 installation problem
Hello All- I am so frustrated with Exchange. This all started out when I installed Exchange 2007 and backed out because of all the restrictions and it was so radically different from Exchange 2003. So I uninstalled it and went through all kinds of gyrations to do so. Then I reinstalled Exchange 2003 and there were multiple administrative groups and mailboxes wouldn't create. So I completely uninstalled it, IIS and all the related services. Then I went into ADSIedit.msc and changed the heuristics value to none. Now I am trying to reinstall Exchange 2003 and at the Forest Preparation...