Announcements in Crm

Can u set it that announcements shows to all users when they log on,as there
is no workflow for announcements. is there any way to intergrate a ticker at
the bottom of Crm to show information?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

not without making unsupported changes to the announcement section.

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"Zombie9" <Zombie9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can u set it that announcements shows to all users when they log on,as
> there
> is no workflow for announcements. is there any way to intergrate a ticker
> at
> the bottom of Crm to show information?

0
John

Dynamic values for picklists in workflow CRM 4.0
I have a custom entity, with two dynamic picklists I have the exact picklists in the account form I made a workflow to create a new account from the custom entity, the problem is that I can’t set the picklists values for the new account as dynamic values from the custom entity. It works only with text fields. Any idea how to make this happen? thanks in advance You can use the custom workflow /plugin to update the related entity with picklist value. OR if you want to create the account manually from the custom entity then use the mapping. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wor...

Maximzer to Microsoft CRM transition
We currently use Maximizer Enterprise 8.0 CRM and are considering moving to Microsoft CRS. Does anyone have any experiance of Maximizer, which is the better package and any advice on making the transition (importing data, etc)? We recently did a transition from Maximizer Enterprise 7.5 to CRM 3.0. We used a company to do the data conversion which went ok, but was rushed, so lots of little "gotchas" afterwards. Things like maximizer word documents proved to be a problem. As well we had difficulty breaking up the database into Accounts and Leads into CRM. We used a UDF field ...

CRM Integration With GP 8.0
Hi, I have a problem with CRM Integration with GP. I'm using GP 8.0 and CRM 1.2. When I'm trying to create a new order in CRM and submit the order, Integration Status Description shows this error message: "An error occurred while attempting to retrieve the note index from the company." But, the order created in GP has successfully integrated. Can somebody help me please...? Thanks. Hi Willy, Please ensure that GP company you are using has company address specified in it. Go to Tools->setup-> Company in GP 8.0. Thanks, Debarghya SDET CRM Integratio...

Utilities
Hi to all, I decided to publish some of my small tools (for free). They are collected at http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/utilities_en.html I use them for my daily work, may be others find them useful too. They are somewhat programmer centric (especially regarding their GUI :-)) At the moment only a color selector tool is there, but more will follow. Its rather tedious to write a meaningful description, so be patient with me :-) -- Ulrich Korndoerfer VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.proSource.de/Downloads/ ...

Terminal Services and CRM
We have a client who has apparently succeeded in getting CRM 1.2 to work through terminal services. He did this by publishing it through active directory. Has anyone else come across this? Has anyone had any problems with this? From Terminal Server session, invoke IE and the CRM page within IE. Helps your users if you put an icon on the "desktop" that is a shortcut to CRM (ie. shortcut to http://localhost ) Works OK for us. Doesn't work for Sales for Outlook, that is not supported under Terminal Services Also permits you to access CRM from a client that is not part of ...

CRM 4 and SQL upgrade
I have a CRM 3 installation on a SQL 2000 box which is also the CRM app server. Planning for the CRM 4 upgrade, I have a new physical server with SQL 2005 installed. What is my most efficient upgrade path? Hi, I think you can do the following: 1. Move the CRM 3.0 database to SQL 2005. 2. Point the CRM 3.0 application to the new database server. (There's documentations on how to move database to a new server on the microsoft website) 3. Install/Upgrade CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 on the CRM 3.0 application server. I think this is the fastest and easiest in my opinion. Darren Liu, Microsof...

Not able to Synchronize outlook with CRM
Hi ALL, I am able to synchronize outlook with CRM if i am logged as an system administrator but if i logged on as any other user it doesnt work and an error is displayed that the user doesnt have required 'Access & Permissions' to do so. Can you please tell me what are those 'Access & Permissions' as i have tried all changeds in the 'Access & Permissions' settings in CRM. Thanx a lot kunal Open the Security Role that the user is assigned (Customization > Settings > Business Unit Settings > Security Role). Click on the "Business Manag...

Announcing birthday
Please help, I want formula to announce birthday in 10-1 days before event. Some kind if formula: =if (someone birthday is in (10 to 1 days) before today() , �birthday�, � �) Thanks for any help Krzys -- Krzys ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Krzys's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18404 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385833 Assuming the names and dates are in a table M1:N20 Put all the names in A1:A20, and in B1 add = IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,$M$1:$N$20,2,False))."&qu...

configure CRM
Hi I have installed Microsoft CRM on a Windows 2000 Server environment. SQL Server 2000 has also been installed previously. While installing CRM, the server name was specified (it took the machine name as default). Now when I try to install Sales for Outlook, it first installs an instance of MSDE SP3a and the Hotfix. It then asks for the URL of the CRM server. When I enter the machine name, it says "No instance of this server was found". Is the server name any different from the server name specified during the installation of CRM? What am I doing wrong here? Please help. ...

Announce: Winmail Opener 1.3
We are pleased to announce that the Winmail Opener 1.3 is now available. Winmail Opener is a small and simple utility that allows you to view and extract contents of TNEF-encoded messages (infamous winmail.dat). Winmail Opener features: * Winmail Opener is absolutely free - no nag screens, no ads, no spyware, no time limit. * Supports RTF message text. * You can drag-and-drop TNEF-encoded files into Winmail Opener for opening them. * You can work with enclosed attachments as they are usual files on your disk: open, print, save, drag-and-drop them from Winmail Opener. * Supports command line...

CRM Data Model
Does anyone know of a data model for the CRM databases? It would be great to know how each of the MSCRM tables are linked (primary keys) and table contents/data types when trying to create joined Crystal reports, SQL queries and Scribe links. Thanks. I asked the same question to Support few months ago. The official response is data model available through Deployment Manager (what you see what you get) and implementation guide. If you find out more, please let me know. >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know of a data model for the CRM databases? It would be >great to kno...

Outlook CRM 4.0 and Service Calendar
Since i have installed Outlook CRM 4.0 on Outlook 2007 , I can’t see the Service Calendar (which I used a lot in the past) neither in Outlook nor in the client section of web CRM 4.0. How is it possible? What can I do ? Thanks Try the following: - Close Outlook and close IE - Clera all cookis in IE - Start CRM web clinet via IE Now you should be able to see the service calendar. When you bow open Outlook it´s missing. The reason is that CRM-Web client and Outlook are using the same URL and in that casr the same cookis. You can solfe the problem by using differend URL´s for...

Error sending email in CRM
I have CRM installed on a SBS 2003 system. I receive email fine, but when I send email, I get the message "Unexpected Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " The only thing I've found in the knowledge base is a reference to a registry change, but that didn't help. Has anyone else seen this? Anyone know of a fix? I'm getting the same thing although its on a Windows 2K server. We have set up a couple of prototype / demo systems on single boxes which is an unsupported configuration but in one case it worked without a h...

Some CRM News
http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/crm/story/0,10801,99686,00.html http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml?articleId=60300234 http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5571687.html http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml?articleId=60300159 -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us Shameless plug alert. All this is on the right side of my front page at www.mscrmexperts.com "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in message news:uv$3vYFEFHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... ...

CRM v1.2 Report Manager Problem
Hi all, I am having a problem with Report Manager after having reinstalled the MS CRM on the CRM Server. When I logged in using Report Manager, it stated that the "CRM folder does not exist!" I can run all other CRM services fine but with this error I cannot publish all of my reports and hence keep getting the Crystal Report Logon Error. I am stuck to this problem for so long and still have no solution to it... I tried to delete and rebuild the APS database, uninstalled CRM then go into the registry to delete all crystal related values, everything I can digged out from the internet...

Any Session avariable in MS CRM
Hi, All the web technologies havining Session variables, hope Session is also available in our MS CRM, i want to maintain the Session, for example i have to track the activities of users, how can i track the users, please let me know, Thank you Thangam Yes It is session based, and you can use the webservice to read the user and its activities. for more see CRM SDK. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "mukathangadurai@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > All ...

MS CRM 3 reports: Need a way of bypassing crm user security
Hi I have a strange request. Using MS CRM 3 i have set up security so that a particular custom entity it is locked down based on business unit. The custom entity is based around a contacts membership of a group(s), certain groups are open to all users but other groups are only available to a particular business unit. This was done using standard security. The problem i have is that i want to run reports on all group membership for a contact. When I pull up a list of all groups a contact is a member of, of course the results are filtered out based on security so standard users dont see groups ...

CRM and Outlook Integration 12-26-03
Hello All We've recently installed CRM 1.2 and the first thing that struck me was that scheduling an appointment in CRM did not place the appoitment in my Outlook calendar? Is this what the Outlook CRM Client does or have we setup CRM incorrectly? I would have expected CRM to use the same calendar as Outlook? Hi I think you'll find that appointments, tasks etc are only synchronised if you book the appt through the CRM Outlook client. If you book an appt through the web browser it doesn't get copied to Outlook. Rob Hewes CCS IT Limited >-----Original Message----- &...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT. July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Hacking Software. Our group is on a mission to build a rich, powerful platform to help protect Microsoft products against piracy. Here is your chance to join a team of exceptional developers as we build an extensible cross-company platform to support this vision. This is a fast-paced group that rewards smart and motivated individuals. Some may consider anti-piracy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has post...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...

Migrating from CRM 3.0 beta to CRM 3.0 Release
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0074_01C6057F.37136040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have not see a utility to migrate from beta to release. I'm currently = working on a dtsx package. Has anyone created one yet or done a = migration? Pete Orologas Neudesic=20 --=20 PETE OROLOGAS ------=_NextPart_000_0074_01C6057F.37136040 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Tra...

Upgrading reports from CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Having spent around 10 hours trying to upgrade a custom report from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, I thought I’d post a message to share my pain and the solution! It appears that in CRM 4.0 Microsoft have made a change to the way in which the standard reports retrieve the name of the user running the report. I have been unable to find any documentation about this. If you have a custom report that is based on a standard CRM 3.0 report (i.e. it has the CRM_FullName parameter & UserInfo dataset) and upload it into CRM 4.0 then try to run it, you may get either of the following behaviours • Th...

How I can Get MS CRM SDK trial version
Hello I am a .Net developer , Iwant to try on CRM in MS platform , How I can get the trial version of CRM SDK Regards Emad Rangchi Emad Rangchi wrote: > Hello I am a .Net developer , Iwant to try on CRM in MS platform , How I > can get the trial version of CRM SDK > Regards > Emad Rangchi Hello Emad, The SDK is available through MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/CrmSdk/htm/default.asp?frame=true Anything you can find there! (Downloading does not make sense since the SDK is updated all the time). Success, Merijn van Mourik The CRM software is available via MSD...

PDA and MS CRM
Has anyone implemented MS CRM in an environment where there would be significant via a PDA or similar device? If so, would you be willing to share how you did it. Thanks Gill We have an add-on product for Microsoft CRM that allows PDAs to access Microsoft CRM. Mobile Portal for Microsoft CRM is $199 a user and works on Palm, Pocket PC, Blackberry and Smarphone devices. More info can be found at www.dynamicmethods.net Remember this is only a read only product. I dont think u can create new sales, prospects etc.. Regards J "Gill Walker" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

CRM Fyi...
If you can't find information in the newsgroup, try out this new website www.mscrmsuccess.com It's a cool website my friend put together so we can help each other. Thanks, David ...