Announcements - adding attachments

I would like to be able to add attachments to the Announcements section. How
can I do that? Thanks
0
dl (42)
6/8/2010 12:40:07 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Printing

import and export outlook contact data with pictures (attachments)
Dear All, Is it possible to import and export outlook contact data with pictures (Outlook 2003 SP3)? I have read that some 3rd party macros can be used, but are there any macros or tools aproved by Microsoft? Regards, Mladen To what format are you trying to change? -- Russ Valentine "Mladen" <Mladen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC1C57A7-C351-471B-953C-24A3B0F3BA35@microsoft.com... > Dear All, > > Is it possible to import and export outlook contact data with pictures > (Outlook 2003 SP3)? > > I have read that so...

Outlook Attachment Formatting Changes
I have a user who has NT4 as an OS with Outlook 97. When she attaches an html type file to an email then opens the attachment, the formatting changes to a larger font and none of the attached graphics are included in the attachments. I have checked the message format and tried all settings with the same results. We have applied all updates and patches. Any ideals? Thanks in advanced. >-----Original Message----- >I have a user who has NT4 as an OS with Outlook 97. When >she attaches an html type file to an email then opens the >attachment, the formatting changes to a lar...

Utilities
Hi to all, I decided to publish some of my small tools (for free). They are collected at http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/utilities_en.html I use them for my daily work, may be others find them useful too. They are somewhat programmer centric (especially regarding their GUI :-)) At the moment only a color selector tool is there, but more will follow. Its rather tedious to write a meaningful description, so be patient with me :-) -- Ulrich Korndoerfer VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.proSource.de/Downloads/ ...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Unable to download my own attachments
At work I downloaded a couple of .exe files and emailed them to my home account. Outlook 2000 SP3 id blocking access to my own attachments, which I know are secure and virus free. I cannot find where or when this overblown security started. Regular attachemnts such as Jpegs are fine. How do I force Outlook to do what I want it to ? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching ...

Attachment in the body of email
When I try to attach a file it is being inserted in the body of my email, how can I change it so it merely is attached as a normal file not in the body of the email? help <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to attach a file it is being inserted in the body of my > email, how can I change it so it merely is attached as a normal file > not in the body of the email? Don't send in Rich Text. -- Brian Tillman I ran repair office from the add/remove programs in the control panel. The option to send as attachment was restored. >-----Original Message---...

Cannot open attached files
Hey folks. I cannot open attached files. When I click on it it brings up a logic box saying that it is Plain Text, then if I click open it tells me "This action is only valid for products currently installed. (These are .xls, .doc files...all of which I have) Gee that is too bad. Care to ask a question and provide the version of Outlook and you Operating System? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Af...

Announce: Winmail Opener 1.3
We are pleased to announce that the Winmail Opener 1.3 is now available. Winmail Opener is a small and simple utility that allows you to view and extract contents of TNEF-encoded messages (infamous winmail.dat). Winmail Opener features: * Winmail Opener is absolutely free - no nag screens, no ads, no spyware, no time limit. * Supports RTF message text. * You can drag-and-drop TNEF-encoded files into Winmail Opener for opening them. * You can work with enclosed attachments as they are usual files on your disk: open, print, save, drag-and-drop them from Winmail Opener. * Supports command line...

Sending newsletters with pre-attached attachments
I'm searching within CRM, but I can't seem to be able to combine the feature of sending out multiple e-mails and with every e-mail send an x-amount of attachments. I can add multiple attachments to a campaign for instance, but then how do I get to send multiple people an e-mailtemplate with these attachments? Optionally I would wish to have the ability to just select a bunch of e-mailaddresses from contacts or accounts on a Marketlist, just select the marketlist in CRM and send out an e-mail pre-bundled with a few attachments, without having to add these manually everytime. How do ...

Outlook Express Attachments #21
Hello, I am using Outlook Express Vs 6 and am puzzled. Previously when I received an email with an attachment I merely double-clicked on the attachment name and it would open. Now, I still get that ability but the attachments come already open. When I scan down the message there is the open attachment. This is not something that I want. I have looked under Tools - Options - but nothing relative to my problem. It does allow me to prevent attachments from opening in html emails not what I was after but tried that, desperate as I figured this wouldn't solve my problem and it did...

Announcing birthday
Please help, I want formula to announce birthday in 10-1 days before event. Some kind if formula: =if (someone birthday is in (10 to 1 days) before today() , �birthday�, � �) Thanks for any help Krzys -- Krzys ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Krzys's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18404 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385833 Assuming the names and dates are in a table M1:N20 Put all the names in A1:A20, and in B1 add = IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,$M$1:$N$20,2,False))."&qu...

Outlook Attachments Using 'Send To'
I have a user that when she sends an attachment using the 'send to' 'mail recipient' option, the attachment is embedded in the email message body instead of the attachment bar. Does anyone have any ideas why this would happen, I have looked through all the options on my PC and tried changing them all with no luck producing the problem on my PC (same config). Cheers :-) ...

Outlook attachments
When I open an attachment from Outlook 2007 and then close the attachment, it will close Outlook instead of just closing the attachment. This issue has just started happening, I have done no new updates and a scan of my computer has come back clean. Any suggestions on why/what is happening here. Thank you ...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT. July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Hacking Software. Our group is on a mission to build a rich, powerful platform to help protect Microsoft products against piracy. Here is your chance to join a team of exceptional developers as we build an extensible cross-company platform to support this vision. This is a fast-paced group that rewards smart and motivated individuals. Some may consider anti-piracy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has post...

Attached Label
In Access 2007 how do I "unattach" the label from it's field? James see this thread: http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/4eda2ed12281586e/4fad8963b075cce7?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=label&rnum=10#4fad8963b075cce7 -- steve. "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message news:uNIFcfqCIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > In Access 2007 how do I "unattach" the label from it's field? > > James > > I see no [Remove] in the [Control Layout section] of the Arrange tab. "molsonexp...

Expand Announcements
Good day to all. In SP 2007 I'd like to expand my Announcement so the entire message can be viewed, that is I have one announcement and it's truncated but I'd prefer that it not be. Can't seem to figure this out in Views and perhaps there's simply a more appropriate web part for that. Recommendations? Thanks, AJ Hi AJ, This post on "Expanding the Size of Announcements Web Part" may be what you are looking for. http://sharepointsolutions.blogspot.com/2009/02/expanding-size-of-announcements-web.html. Johnathan "AJ" &l...

Exchange looses attachments
Hello Group, I got a strange problem with my Exchange Server 2003 Standard SP2. Some E-Mails from a single external sender to a single internal reciever simply looses all attached files. I have absolutly no idea how the attachments get lost. In the messagetracking of exchange them still seem to be there because of the mailsize but in OWA and Outlook there is no attachment. Until now this problem only occured in this specific constelation of sender and reciever. Has anyone got an idea how this happens? Best regards, Gerrit Lehr I have the same issue, upon further research, it looks pretty...

how to email newsletter without attachment
I would like to send newsletter to a group of customers. My issue is when I send with hotmail all of the pictures are in an attachment. I would like to know how to send so that the pictures do not appear as an attachment. When I send in Yahoo I don't have this issue. Should I use publisher 2007 or another program. If so which program should I use? Than You for your help!! If your readers have their mail set for text only, there is *nothing* you can do to bypass that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 ...

Attachments in the heading of the Email.
Is it possible to make the attachments that you add to an email show up in the heading of the email instead of the body? I know it does sometimes, but I would like to all the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shane The attachment icons should show up in their own area (either in the header or in a pane at the bottom of the message window, depending on your Outlook version) if you're using HTML or Plain Text format for the message. If you're using Rich Text format, the attachment icons will be in the message body. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Message...

Entourage 2004 cant attach files to messages
Everytime I try and attach a folder to a message I get a error telling me that stuff-it is NOT INSTALLED when it is installed. I just downloaded the most recent version in fact. John -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get answers, and be able to defend the faith, CERM is your place. http://www.cerm.info/ On 3/18/10 4:53 PM, John Wolf wrote: > Everytime I try and attach a folder to a message I get a error > telling me that stuff-it is NOT INSTALLED wh...

Attachment cannot be open
On Monday morning, as usual checking mail in office using windows mail, all attachment was able to open (through the paper clip icon or save into other location. Then after lunch, all type of attachment (picture, excel, words, pdf...) can not be open through the paper clip icon. Then i try to save it and open again, these message pop up "there was an error saving one or more of the attachments. Please check your free disk space and try again", i can't safe the attachment. If forwarded to other people, it's ok, open and view as normal. Another thing I encounter,...