An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system ad

I just migrated our system from Goldmine to MsCRM. One problem is I can view
activity details. When I select an activity item and double-click it, a
dialog appeared and the error message is :
"An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system
administrator".

If I manually create an activity, then I can open it correctly.

I go to the CRM server and find an event:
==========================
Source: Microsoft CRM
Category:None
User: N/A
Error Message : An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the
current web request.
Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where
it originated in the code.
Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)
======================
Do you have any Idea?
Thanks a lot.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I recall I had a similar problem when migrating activities (specifically
Appointments).

In my situation i had not populated all the date fields.

You will probably get a better idea if you compare the data in the table of
a manually created activity to one that has been migrated.

"goldenshine" <goldenshine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just migrated our system from Goldmine to MsCRM. One problem is I can
view
> activity details. When I select an activity item and double-click it, a
> dialog appeared and the error message is :
> "An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system
> administrator".
>
> If I manually create an activity, then I can open it correctly.
>
> I go to the CRM server and find an event:
> ==========================
> Source: Microsoft CRM
> Category:None
> User: N/A
> Error Message : An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
the
> current web request.
> Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and
where
> it originated in the code.
> Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
>    at

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionSte
p.Execute()
>    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
> completedSynchronously)
> ======================
> Do you have any Idea?
> Thanks a lot.

0
daniel
1/17/2005 3:13:37 AM
Thanks, daniel
I found only email activities can't be viewed. I don't want to woste my
time. I want to delete all email activities.

"daniel" wrote:

> I recall I had a similar problem when migrating activities (specifically
> Appointments).
>
> In my situation i had not populated all the date fields.
>
> You will probably get a better idea if you compare the data in the table of
> a manually created activity to one that has been migrated.

I have the same error message displayed when I create a new task.  The popup
dialog has 2 buttons, one says "Retry" and the other says "Go Back".  If I
click on "Go Back" it will stay on the create activity view.  From the create
activity view, I select save and close, there appear another message popup.
When I proceed clicking OK and return to the same lead and activities, the
new task was created.  My question is why does the "An error has
occurred....." pops up but at the end it still allow you to save the new task?

Thanks in advance.

Kim.

"goldenshine" wrote:

> Thanks, daniel
> I found only email activities can't be viewed. I don't want to woste my
> time. I want to delete all email activities.
>

> "daniel" wrote:
>
> > I recall I had a similar problem when migrating activities (specifically
> > Appointments).
> >
> > In my situation i had not populated all the date fields.
> >
> > You will probably get a better idea if you compare the data in the table of
> > a manually created activity to one that has been migrated.

Does this only occur in Sales for Outlook?

"Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the same error message displayed when I create a new task.  The
popup
> dialog has 2 buttons, one says "Retry" and the other says "Go Back".  If I
> click on "Go Back" it will stay on the create activity view.  From the
create
> activity view, I select save and close, there appear another message
popup.
> When I proceed clicking OK and return to the same lead and activities, the
> new task was created.  My question is why does the "An error has
> occurred....." pops up but at the end it still allow you to save the new
task?

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Kim.
>
> "goldenshine" wrote:
>
> > Thanks, daniel
> > I found only email activities can't be viewed. I don't want to woste my
> > time. I want to delete all email activities.
> >

> > "daniel" wrote:
> >
> > > I recall I had a similar problem when migrating activities
(specifically
> > > Appointments).
> > >
> > > In my situation i had not populated all the date fields.
> > >
> > > You will probably get a better idea if you compare the data in the
table of
> > > a manually created activity to one that has been migrated.

0
daniel

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

Information for Visio 5 users
If you have Visio 5 you should seriously consider upgrading before November 30th. Currently Visio 5 is the oldest version of Visio that qualifies for an upgrade. When Visio 2003 is released on Oct 21st, Visio 2000 will be the oldest version that qualifies for an upgrade. At that point Visio 5 will no longer qualify for an upgrade and you will have to pay full retail price for a newer version of Visio. Until Oct 30th, Visio 5 users can upgrade to Visio 2002 and will qualify for a "free" upgrade to Visio 2003 under Microsoft's Technology guarantee. (There will be a nominal cost f...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Adding font (CE 5.0)
Hi I add fonts with plateform builder in my platform project. All seem correct, but I don't find the files font in the directory windows (Windows or windows\Fonts). So I'am not able to change the font in my application. Do i forget something ? Thanks for help Alro I have found. I must not use "Raster Fonts Support" from plateform builder catalog. ...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

deleting all my information
I wanna start from scratch. How do I delete or remove all my accounts, billing info, and anything at all pertaining to my old money accounts? I have money '05 just need to uninstall my information so that when I start it up, it doesn't have anything at all that is related to my info- basically out-of-the-box thanks In microsoft.public.money, Josh wrote: >I wanna start from scratch. How do I delete or remove all my accounts, >billing info, and anything at all pertaining to my old money accounts? > >I have money '05 > >just need to uninstall my information s...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

dongle for Retail Management System ver 1.3
we are using Retail Management System ver. 1.3. In ver. 2 Microsoft has replaced dongle with license per machine. if we want to contuinue using ver 1.3, Will you please tell me are dongles still available and till when we can buy them. An early reply will be appriciated With Thanks Ajmal Althomad Co Riyadh Saudi Arabia HI Mohd, Yes you can use it as RMS is bascially for Middle East and it works fine with dongle or USB license key "MOH. OWN" wrote: > we are using Retail Management System ver. 1.3. > > In ver. 2 Microsoft has replaced dongle with license per machi...

Error in closing Outlook

Publisher says there has been a significant change to my system
I recently moved from one state to another. When I accessed MS Word for the 1st time after that, it gave me a message that it had detected significant changes to my system. I was able to insert my Office CD & it fixed the problem. Now I'm getting the same message when I try to access my resume on MS Publisher. The trouble I have is that somehow Publisher isn't on my Office CD. Is there a way to get Publisher, it says it's Publisher 2002, to work correctly? I need to make some changes to my resume so that I can apply for some jobs. Any help will be greatly appreciated. P...

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

Identifying contacts, Emails, Tasks
I'm using O2003. I sometimes drag and drop stuff to delete that I don't want to (especially contacts). Is there a field that I can add in my table view indicating the type of item I am deleting? Basically some type of bitmap, trext, icon saying this item is a contact, task, email, etc. For example, I could easily sort on this field in my deleted folder and know if I'm deleting some contacts or not. thxs srm There is already an Icon field which is included by default in most built-in table views... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...