Allow change to Activity Views in MS CRM

a CRM Administrator should be able to customise Activity Views and change the
views to reflect pecific information
eg of views
Signed on Users Activites Closed /Open
My Open Activites
My Closed Activites
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Should, but unfortunately in the current release, they can't.  This will be
addressed in CRM 2005 though.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:57:03 -0800, "N.Pinto"
<N.Pinto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

a CRM Administrator should be able to customise Activity Views and change the
views to reflect pecific information
eg of views
Signed on Users Activites Closed /Open
My Open Activites
My Closed Activites

0
Matt

Entire Active Directory visible when Allowing Users to Edit Ranges
Excel XP on Windows 2000. TS Environment running Citrix. Following Problem: Tools - Protection - Allow user to edit ranges - new - permissions - add. This provides a list of the ENTIRE active directory of the domain. Where is the switch to turn this off or to limit the access? Am I in the right newsgroup even? Any hints will be greatly appreciated. ...

Changing the domain where CRM is located
Hi, I'm installing a new domain controller on my network and I'm also changing the name of the domain. CRM 3.0 is located on its own box (SQL is stored on the same box), will the CRM 3.0 Redeployment Tool do everything I need to move CRM to the new domain? CRM will remain on the same box, I just need to connect the box to the new domain. Thanks in advanced. Regards, Cam The redeployment tool should work for this. You will need to run the export from the current system while it is still functioning. Then, follow the steps to "install" it on the servers after the...

field service allow setup of cycle charge allowed up to
Field service needs to allow the setup in meter readings to have an amount for each meter reading that is not charged versus just a maximum in the base field. For instance the customer each meter reading gets the first 1000 cycles at no charge and .05 per cycle over the allowance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsre...

changing scales
How do I change the range of one item in a chart that has several items? The X axis is time and the Y axis has several items. I want to change the range of just one of the Y axis items. Thanks for your time, Bryan Attach the "item" ("series") to a secondary Y-axis. To do this: Click once on that series and choose Format>Series | Axis. Then choose "secondary." Format the new axis with any scaling you prefer, keep it visible (on the right), or format it for no labels or tickmarks if you want it IN- visible. HtH >-----Original Message----- >How ...

Insert Blank Row with data match change
I'm trying to figure out a way to evenly space data. Where I don't have a repeat value in the row directly below the current one I want to insert a blank row. Some of my data series looks like this. Column A Column B Part Number Description (Cell A2): AC011000 (Cell B2) FUEL TANK, CARTRIDGE ADAPTOR (Cell A3: AC011000 (Cell B3) FUEL TANK, CARTRIDGE ADAPTOR BLANK ROW (Cell A5) AC011001 (Cell B5) XX55 Assy, Li-80 Adaptor BLANK ROW AC051000 KIT, XX25 MANUALS AC051000 KIT, XX25 MANUALS BLANK ROW I want a blank row to be i...

Does Outlook 2003 allow multiple Exchange accounts?
Hi, I was wondering if Microsoft figured out a way to have more than one Exchange accounts in Outlook 2003? I realize that I can have multiple Exchange accounts in Outlook 2002 provided that I set them up as POP3 or IMAP. I'm talking about having multiple pure Exchange accounts w/ calendar and everthing. Thanks, Sam Nope. Only 1 Exchange account is still supported when working against 2 or more sites. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sam" <sam@iqinternet.com> wrote in message news:e1sEVVao...

change default language in spell check
I have recently purchased an Acer Aspire One netbook which came preinstalled with outlook express. When I try to send an email the spell check assumes I am writing in French and when I go to the tools/options/spelling feature, the only language I can choose is French - there is no other option in the drop down box. Has anyone had a similar problem/know of a solution. Outlook Express is a different product from Outlook. Post your query in microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general -- TedMi "8892mg" wrote: > I have recently purchased an Acer Aspire One netbook which came pr...

Prefiltering CRM 3.0 Reports
Hi, I'm hoping someone can throw some light onto this one! I have a CRM 3.0 installation running on a Windows 2003 Small Business Server with SQL 2005 and reporting services (2005). I create a report using Visual Studio 2005 and the Report Wizard, to list all of the active accounts. I upload the report using CRM. The report runs fine, until i want to filter it. So, back in Visual Studio i create an alias CRMAF_TableName. And re-upload the report. The report still runs, but it will not let me filter the report. I could do with filtering the report. I read somewhere that i might ne...

read only form allows date to change
I have a form that I open in read only that has a calendar popup for the date fields. When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be changed. The rest of the fields are read only. Any suggestions. Thanks Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click() On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note" stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid] DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click: Exi...

opening calendar view in outlook 2007 hangs outlook
Outlook 2007, fully updated (SP2 installed; automatic Windows updates) VISTA Business 64 bit, also fully updated Compaq 6910P laptop, 4 gig RAM; 81 GB free on hard drive (about 50% full) Running with POP/SMTP service (No Exchange server) When I open Outlook mail folder opens just fine; can read and send messages. When I try to open the Calendar, Outlook hangs (the usual not responding messages) Opening in Safe mode does not fix it. Running the /cleanprofile, /safe:4, PST file was up to about 580 MB; cleaned it up and compacted ; now 450MB (well below limits listed on MS ...

After updating to Excel 07, I can no longer view full page charts
I recently updated my Microsoft Office to 2007 from 2003. Once done, I opened a few spreadsheets previously created using 2003 software only to find that the full page charts are not visible. Upon attempts to create a chart and then move it to a full page, the chart--that had previously existed and was visible on the spreadsheet view--now becomes absent when it is "viewed" from the chart-tabbed page view. All my other experiences with this transition, the chart has never not been visible. I don't know why your chart is invisible, but there have been a lot of posts lately ...

How to migrate data from Act!9 to CRM 4.0
We just a new customer who is using Act!9 now. We need to move data from Act!9 into CRM 4.0. The data includes contacts, notes, history, activities of Act!. It is easy to use DMM of CRM 4.0 to import contats. But there is no exporting for notes, history, activities of Act!. Now looks I have two choices, 1. use a 3rd tool to export ACT!9 notes, history, activities, import into CRM by DMM. 2. use Scribe to do it for option 1, anyone knwo which tool I can use for ACT!9? For option 2, which Scribe part I should buy? how to use it? thanks Andrew I'd use Scribe's 45-day license for ...

Changing color of cell
Excel: In an if statement can i change cell fill or background color if correct Noit in the cell formula but you can use Conditional Formatting to change the color of the cell. Format>Conditional Formatting:Formula is =A1="Noelsy" Format to a color. If A1 contains Noelsy the cell will be colored. If it contains Gord it will not be colored. Or for this simple example CF>Cell Value is equal to Noelsy would return the color if true. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:21:01 -0800, Noelsy <Noelsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Excel: In an if...

changing pictures on homepage
Is there a simple way to add in changing or rotating pictures (photos) on the homepage or other page? I don't mind using the Web 2.0 tools if there is nothing available from this program. Same answer as below...use the insert html code fragment tool to insert code into the page. You can google for javascript slide shows, or some such to find lots of different ways of doing this. You can also insert Flash into the pages. DavidF "ardelle" <ardelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A29853B-818B-43C4-A191-0E76EB947AB9@microsoft.com... > Is there a s...

CRM Functional talent
I'm looking to hire CRM analyst for my company w/ locations in Portland, Seattle & San Francisco. It's a great opportunity to lead our CRM chargein each branch; we were also voted Partner of the Year-West Coast. If you would like more information or know someone who's interested in stronger opportunitites, please e-mail me @ recruiter4@ilg.com. www.ilg.com Thank you. -- Kim ...

SBS Site Problems w/ CRM
After upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0, we have major problems with our SBS websites. 1) CRM is setup to use the IP address of the server and this site runs fine. 2) Upgrading knocked out our "companyweb" site installed by SBS ("service unavailable") 3) SQL Reporting doesn't work because it's trying to use the default address which is already used by CRM, RWW, companyweb, etc. I'm really confused about how to sort out all the websites. How can all these sites run on one IP address? So much for MS making this install nice and trouble free for SBS users! -- Bra...

Payroll should allow concurrent builds by different users
In a company that is heavy payroll, all checks are processed in the same day but by different users for different subsets of employees. Allowing concurrent builds would be nice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

debugging error message: security setting prohibit running Active X controls
Please help me. I have a window appearing all the time when I open up a new e-mail message to send to someone after I went and got help from my DELL support team. The message window that pops up is "Your current security settings prohibit runnings security settings on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. What can I do ? At this time I cannot send a picture that's in my signature in outgoing e-mails. Sincerely, Vince :( ...

How do I change part of a font color?
For example, How can I have 'i" printed in black, while the dot on top of the "i" is printed in red? How can I have a word shaded in progressively dark shades? Hi, LV - Not for lengthy blocks of text-- The only way I know how to dot the i in a different color (in Publisher) is to zoom in and draw a dot, fill with the desired color and paste it strategically over the i's. Try WordArt with gradient fills? (If you don't have a high-powered illustration program, experiment with text treatments in other photo or art programs that came bundled with digital c...

Due date and time on activity does not cause a reminder
When I set a due date and time on an activity, ie. phonecall, there is no reminder for this. Is it possible to change this so that I get a reminder. Mattias Kyhlan: The CRM SFO Client is the only component that allows Activity reminders, since it lies overtop of Outlook Activity forms. Activities native to CRM (Phone Calls, Letters and Faxes) do not have reminder features in v1.2. I have not heard that reminders for CRM web Client activities will be include in the v2.0 release, but one can hope. There are some ISVs out there that that have "Reminder" features, but I can'...

Changing/Amending Default Calendar views in Service Calendar
Hi does anybody know if you can amend or change the default view within the service calendar, currently they are set to Month Week or Day. What i would like is to change it so that we can view a working week 5 days, with a click of a button rather than choosing the five day period with the from and to buttons. Really hope you can help!! ...

NUL characters are not allowed
Hi, We have install the exchange 2003 and we are encountering intermitten problem when sending email to internet (only to a certain email domain other are alright). When that happens, we receive a "NUL characters ar not allowed" error. <mail.anonymous.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NU characters are not allowed.> This error usually happens when we reply to a certain email domain. When this happens, we would retry 2 or 3 times, it usually i successfully after 2 or 3 tries. It only affects a small number of email domain. Other email domain ha no problem. H...

change number to text..
In my form I need to change my Invoice# from number to text. I went to the table to change it but I cant because it is part of a relationship. When I delete the relationship and go to change it, it will let me but then when I make the relationship again and go back to the form I get..The expression is typed incorrectly or is to complex to be evaluated. For example a numeric expression may contain to many complicated elements. Can someone help me? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:43:38 GMT, &quo...

Microsoft CRM data
Hi, I'm building the Web Service example in Chapter 3 of the "Microsoft Office Information Bridge (MOIB) Solution Development Guide" (Beta). I'll use the Web Service to create the smart tag recognizer and actions. I've previously built the Web Service example in the "Integrating Microsoft CRM (MSCRM) with Microsoft Office 2003 InfoPath", February 2004. The MSCRM example uses http://<CRM_Server_Name>/mscrmservices as the connection string. The MOIB example uses a direct "CRM" database connection string in the web.config file, and not a CRM serv...

Exporting Data to Excel-Date Format Changed
When exporting large amounts of information into Excel (Office 2000) some of the date formats are changed but not all.Most are kept as DDMMYY but some are turned around like US format into MMDDYY.Before exporting it will read 11/4/05 but after exporting into excel becomes 4/11/05.As i say 80% of dates remain the same as from Citrix program they been exported from.Any ideas anyone? You may have serious problems, a volatile mixture of correct dates, wrong dates and text that look like dates but has no date value. So when you say that "most dates remain the same" -try changing dat...