After Redeploying CRM1.2 to a new domain,CRM alsways asks for a password!

 Hi,

After redeploying CRM to a new domain using MS Crm redeployment wizard
and follow all instructions. When trying to run CRM from the CRM server
itself by writing( http://localhost). it alsways asks for a password.
At first Microsoft CRM was installed on a different server (W2000). Now
it is installed on another server (W2003) service pack 1 . And the
server keeps asking any time a users needs to Access Microsoft CRM.

Also when open deployment manager, then user manager and click users,
It gives an error message "The specified Microsoft CRM is not
available, It might happen if it is currently unavailable or it is not
a CRM server"

I tried all the following with no luck

 1- Give all users a security access to wwwroot folder with read, added
my admin uaser and give him a full control.
 2- Added the server URL as a trusted site From IE >>Tools >> Internet
Options >> the "Security" Tab. High light "Local Intranet" and then
click
"Sites". Then click advanced and add the server URL:http://localhost
 3- Reset custom level to low, IE >>Tools >> Internet Options >> the
"Security" Tab. High light "Local Intranet" and then click
"Customlevel", choose low
 4- Removed the pop up blocker.
 5- Make the user automatically log in : Internet Explorer -> Tools ->
Internet Options -> Security
tab -> Local Intranet -> Custom Level. Scroll down to the bottom and
under user authentication select "login automatically with current
username
and password.

I found some article talking about the problem on IIS when upgrading
from Win2000 to Win2003. And this is near to my case -Redeploy CRM to
server has win2003-. Any help about thas?

So, any ideas anyone?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

2 DC and 1 Exchange and ADVICE
Current: - 2 Windows 2003 Domain Controller - Native Mode - 1 Exchange 2003 Server - Native Mode - ~ 100 Users I would like to install a SECOND Exchange 2003 Server on the second DC for redundancy. I know I have to install the 2nd Exchange in the same ORG; however, how do I really ensure a good backup or RECOVERY method? Here's my idea: (1) Backup Exchange 2003 data from first DC using NTBACKUP to 2nd DC (on a share on 2nd DC) every night (2) Pretend, 1st DC goes down along with 1st Exchange 2003 Server (that has all Mailboxes) to RECOVER: (1) Just restore the NTBACK...

eConnect 9.0.2
I upgraded a GP 8.0 server to GP 9.0 sp2 last weekend. Everything seems to be working fine so far. eConnect 8.0 had been installed on that server and I downloaded and followed the instructions to install eConnect 9.0.2 on the server. The "ReleaseInfo.exe" now shows the databases are upgraded to 9.0.0.0. Can anyone tell me why eConnect sp2 did not upgrade them to 9.0.2? ------=_NextPart_0001_49807E27 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The eConnect Release Information app will reflect the version/s of the company databases. You might want to look at: - ar...

Outlook 2003 New Email notification not working on Task Bar
Problem with Outlook notification not working: My Outlook no longer notifies me with a little envelope in the applications bar when I have an new unread message. The settings are on -- Tools > Options > E-mail Options > Advanced E-mail Options and "When new items arrive in my Inbox" "Show an envelope icon in the notification area" - but still the envelope notification doesn't appear. I am hoping thisa is not a Profile issue.... any help would be great. Michael If you click the arrow at the left hand edge (if you've got your task bar in the...

Using redeployment tool
We are having this error when trying to use redeployment tool 11/21/2005 12:09:48 Export started 11/21/2005 12:09:59 Searching for the Organizational Unit with name Complete Solutions Limited and GUID {6641afb8-23cd-4ca9-ba37-4955e68c2430} 11/21/2005 12:09:59 Search root is : LDAP://CS 11/21/2005 12:10:05 The wizard could not find the Microsoft CRM organizational unit (OU) that is specified in the database. Make sure the OU exists in Active Directory. 11/21/2005 12:11:01 Export ended Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Kyaw ...

Logon problem #2
Ok, I have the following situation; A laptop with a domain user, working on a local profile. When connected to the LAN, connecting to exchange is no problem. Outlook is working fine. Now, when disconnected from the LAN, the problem already starts when starting outlook. It will keep looking for the exchange server. Than after an awful lot of time, it will finally time out. I can then normally work in outlook, until I want to exchange between the client and the server. For this I make a PPTP connection to the LAN. This connection works fine, because checked with a simple \\xx.xx.xx.xx ...

Message #2
I keep getting a message box that pops up in Outlook thtat says"A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stord in outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected,it may be a virus you should choose no. I~t then has a dr`op down box that allows you to give it access for up tp 10 minutes.... Is there anyway to stop this ...

Macro not running #2
Why wouldn't this macro work when I copy it to the module? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$j$2" Then On Error Resume Next Application.EnableEvents = False Me.Name = Target.Value Application.EnableEvents = True End If End Sub Run -- mowe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mowen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=846 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46675 mowen, Because the Target.Address does not equal "$j$2"....

Use Office v. X on new MacBook Pro?
I am about to purchase a new MacBook Pro and want to install the Office package. I currently have the version X, S&T edition. I have taken note of the updates in the 2004 edition, but really just need some basic input about whether or not to purchase the 2004 edition or stick with v. X. I use the suite primarily for word processing and some spreadsheets. I will be using PowerPoint more heavily as well, ultimately opening those files on my PC at work - I don't know what version of Microsoft they are running there. Also...can I just purchase an upgrade for the v. X that I do have? Are...

bind to trusted domain in separate forest
I'm trying to enumerate AD groups in a trusted domain and having no success binding to trusted domain from a trusting domain. The script goal is to enumerate all users in server local Administrator group. The local Administrator group on a server contains groups from the trusted domain. The domains are in separate forests, being integrated after a merger. Anyone have code or advice as to how to do this? TIA Dave Bind to the Domain controller in the trusted domain as follows: LDAP://domainControllerName/dc=domain,dc=com "dave" wrote: > I'm trying ...

Outlook settings #2
Want to take full back-up of all outlook settings e.g. Rules, Signature, Identity ...

Excel menu bar missing #2
My whole Excel menu bar is missing. I tried to fix the problem by ALT+T to display the tool commands but nothing happened. So how can I find the menu bar? The version of windows is XP proffessional with office 2002. Thanks Right click in an empty area on a command bar and choose Customize. In that dialog, scroll down to Worksheet Menu Bar and check that item. "Aelharrati" <Aelharrati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF37A4CB-FBF0-4927-9F09-8C250DF3B643@microsoft.com... > My whole Excel menu bar is missing. I tried to fix the problem > by ALT+T t...

Exchange accounts with multiple email domains
Hi. I am wondering if anyone can help? We currently use Office 2003 in our office (Outlook is the default email account on the PC's). We also have an Exchange Server (from the help menu it shows version 6.5.7638.1) where our emails come in. Recently we purchased two new domains which have been entered into our domain registrar DNS and also added to our Active Directory and Exchange Server (all 3 domains are on the same server). Each Active Directory member has had the new smtp domain emails added to their accounts and they are OK. Our Mac users use Entourage and we add...

1/2 Crazed
My Windows opens with, Error On Page. I belive this occured when my PC got sick w/all that good stuff. I have it cleaned up, hopefully :( Somsbody Please Help Thanks -- Currently Lost in The World of Computers ~ Sweetie ~ Message posted via WindowsKB.com http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/windowsxp/201004/1 Sweetie via WindowsKB.com wrote: > My Windows opens with "Error On Page". I believe this occurred > when my PC got sick w/all that good stuff. I have it cleaned up, > hopefully :( Somebody Please Help > Thanks Windows opens up with &q...

Importing data #2
Importing data into customer, item, suppliers, and GL master files. This is a brand new company and I need to import the master files from another system. I am able to easily dump each file to excel, but how do I import into GP? -- Gino S. GPK Computers Gino, Usually you would use an import tool like Integration Manager or eConnect. If this is a one time import, you're probably better off with Integration Manager. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "Gino@GPK" <gino@gpk.net.au> wrote in message news:5B6CAB1C-FA16-408A-8242-8B1B9E80B011@microsoft.com... > Impo...

New installation 12-20-04
I have several questions: 1. After the installation of MSCRMv1.2, SQL distribution database wasn't seemed to appear at all. Why does this happen? 2. In v1.2 Sales for OUtlook Client, since it has its own local web server(IIS). What is the update interval from local IIS to IIS on MSCRM server? 3. Since we can't delete Business Unit in MSCRM, what is the workaround to remove any BU that are obsolete? Comments below.... Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:05:02 -0800, "Alice&q...

2 puzzling issues
Hi, Let me say, I love Outlook 2003, having said that I have 2 issues that I just can't seem to resolve, first is regarding using Outlook to read newsgroups. I go into interenet options, programs and set OE as the news reader, and it works fine for that ONE time, then if I try to access the newsreader using the news button (created by following the instructions) it goes to a folder called 1033, and I have to go back to IE options and reset OE as the newsreader because it has been changed to a blank field. I hope this makes sense. This doesn't happen on my laptop, at least so far. Se...

event id 4879 MSDTC Client 2
Hi ! I have a problem with an application on a windows server 2008 r2. This application works ok on all clients running windows x32. But when I run it on my server it crashes with event id 4879 MSDTC Client 2 encoured a problem contacting the server itself. I've tried the binacle to set permissions to network service also change and tried almost every settings under dtc in dcomcnfg. I'm no expert at sql and get no help from the developers of the program. It can be some new securitything in R2 server or is it that it's x64? Glad for help and tips asap. Best rega...

Re: How to remove xmlns attribute from XML document (.net) #2
Here is an updated link to the above Braintrove article: Prevent Namespace Prefixes from Being Copied to the Output http://www.braintrove.com/article/8 --=20 Greg Collins [Microsoft MVP] Visit Braintrove ( http://www.braintrove.com ) Try with my code: // make by Giorgio Giulidori vobjXMLDocument = new XmlDocument(); vobjXMLDocument.Load(pstrFile); string vstrResult = vobjXMLDocument.OuterXml; Regex vobjRegex = new Regex("<[^>]*((xmlns(:\\w+)?)|(xsi(:\\w+)?))\\s*=\\s*(\"[^\"]*\")[^>]*>"); Regex vobjRegexReplace = new Regex("((xmlns(:\\w+)?)|(x...

E-mail through CRM should include spell check
Our users generally have spell check turned on for e-mails sent through Outlook. It would be nice if this option were also available when sending e-mails through CRM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...

How do I do mail merge with 2 2-sided documents per page?
I am trying to merge an excel mailing list with a two sided postcard. I can fit 2 postcards per page (2 fronts on one side and 2 corresponding backs on the other). Prior to doing the mail merge, the print preview looks correct. After the mail merge, the print preview shows only 1 postcard per page. This doubles the amount of paper I will need to use. Does anyone know how to set up publisher to allow me to print 2 postcards, front and back, with mail merge one sheet of printer paper? When you do a mail merge you can only have one card on your screen. If you are using 2007 I would s...

Emails in queue #2
Hello, I have exchange 2003 installed on windows 2003. The problem is as follows It seems to be working fine then all of a sudden the messages pending for submission starts to fill up and all the clients get a message in their outlook stating "outlook is trying to retreive data from the microsoft exchange server". The onky way to resolve this is by rebootong the computer. Any ideas? Thansk You need to identify where the performance bottleneck is. The following link should get you started http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/e2k3perf.mspx In a...

"Combo Box
Greetings, I am using a combo box from the control toolbar and every time I print or print preview, it moves the combo box placement on the worksheet. How can I get the combo box to stay in place? ...

authentication on new Add-ons
HI, I have created new add-ons for MS CRM. When ever user first time opens any of new add-on, there is window authentication window for password. Next time, it dont asks for it. If user closes CRM browser, opens it again. It will again ask for password for first time only. How to authenticate user automatically? uMar Khan ...

Header & Footer #2
I often get files from other users who do not maintain the headers footers properly. Is it possible that we adjust the Header and/or Footer for on worksheet and the Header and/or Footer is automaticcaly updated for al other worksheets in the same file. It would save a lot of time, sinc otherwise you have to go to all the worksheets and make the change manually. Thanks in advance. PS: Using Excel 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Group the sheets first(right click on a sheet tab and choose"Select all sheets") Change the header in File Page Setup Ungroup t...

Workflow redeployment
I have looked into different posting with regards to worfklow redeployment from a development server to a production server but I still have a major question. Redeploying workflows from a test server installed in Active Directory A and having MS CRM licenses B to a production server in Active Directory C having MS CRM licenses D is a simple process such as Export workflows from A and Import Workflows to C ? What happens with Active Directory specific objects included in the workflow definitions ? Is there a way to map them during import into C ? And what about licensing issues ? Thanks Ni...