Advanced SQL Query and Advanced Find

I need to add contacts to a marketing list based on an advanced SQL query,
Advanced find does not offer the proper fields and joins. Is there an easy
way to run the query outside of CRM and then somehow get the contacts into
the marketing list?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Create a Query using the "FilteredContact" view in CRM, it offers all
the fields you need.
Furthermore, in order to create marketing list against your query i
suggest you do it using the webservice API.
If you need help working with the API feel free to contact me at
anytime I can certainly help you.

Oshri Cohen
Web: http://mymscrm3.blogspot.com/
0
cohenoshri

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

How to pivot this in SQL 2K
Need help to pivot the following:- counter type AMOUNT ------- ---- ------- 1 A 10 1 A 10 2 A 20 3 A 30 3 A 30 4 A 40 5 A 50 5 A 50 1 B 10 2 B 20 3 B 30 3 B 30 3 B 30 4 B 40 5 B 50 5 B 50 5 B 50 Result :- A B TOTAL - - - 1 $$ $$ $$ 2 $$ $$ $$ 3 $$ $$ $$ 4 $$ $$ $$ 5 $$ $$ $$ Thank you. On Tue, 25 May 2010 00:16:01 -0700, GW <GW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Need help to pivot the following:- > >counter type AMOUNT >------- ---- ------- >1 A 10 >1 A 10 >2 A 20 >3 A 30...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

NOT expression in a Query
I have a database that I need to query. In one column I have the field name ROUTE and the data entries are in colours [Red, Yellow, Orange etc] I want to query the database and exclude the Red and the Orange routes. I have tried typing in: Not "Red" Not "Orange" However this does not seem to exclude the colurs in the query. Where am I going wrong? Please! -- Try: Not IN ("Red", "Orange") Note that this excludes nulls also. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrow...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

SQL Server Agent Account
Hello, I would like to get the name of the SQL Server Agent Account by a (SQL) - Query, or, to ask otherwise, if a given login comes from the SQL Server Agent. Thank You Joachim DECLARE @serviceaccount varchar(100) EXECUTE master.dbo.xp_instance_regread N'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE', N'SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSSQLSERVER', N'ObjectName', @ServiceAccount OUTPUT, N'no_output' SELECT @Serviceaccount "Joachim Hofmann" <speicher@freenet.de> wrote in message news:ejIRmM7BLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... ...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Stacked crosstab query
I have a crosstab query that compiles data for Months of the year. I have a stacked select query on top of that crosstab query that uses the latest 2 months data and exports it to a fixed length flat file. Ideally I would like to be able to just select the Last 2 Columns of the Crosstab query as inputs to the Select query WITHOUT having to go in month after month and manually change it... I may be asking a bit much here but is there a way to make this happen?? I.e. this month we would be using the columns [0704] and [0705] and next month we would use [0705] and [0706] because we would have a ...

Still confused on relationship queries and similating a vlookup
Normally I would just dump this into excel, but the file that I am dealing with has over 1.5 million rows so excel can't stomach it. Here is what I have done. I have one table (MAIN) that is my main table. It contains all the raw data. I need to convert a city code to a city name. I have another table (CITY) with the conversions from city code to city name. Both tables contain all the city codes. All I want to do is put the city names into my MAIN table next to their corresponding city code (there are about 4000 different cities). I have related the tables relating th...

FA Query
I am wondering if I can change value for fully depreciated assets to 1$ instead of 0 $ , and if I am going to run depreciation again for this asset the system will not change the 1$ value. I mean can I keep 1$ amount for all fully depreciated assets in the system? Any help would be appreciated. Enter a $1.00 Salvage Value for each asset, You'll need to recalculate depreciation on those assets but it should leave you with a $1.00 asset value. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot...

Parameter query criteria input in Access Page
I am using a parameter query for an Access Page. When the prompt comes up to enter the required data, the dialog box will not show all of the text that I used as the criteria prompt. It works OK when you just run the query, but when using the page, the text is clipped off. Here is what I have as criteria: [Enter Description- options are Round, Square, Rectangular, Oblong] When the box pops up to prompt the user for the input, it comes up: Enter Description- options ar The rest of the text is clipped. Any help is appreciated. ...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

Add To "Find & Replace" Drop Down List
Greetings, I am running Excel 2003 on an XP box. I have a lot of replacing to do on 60 similar workbooks. There are about 20 different combinations that I have to worry about. I have been using the "Find & Replace" under the Edit menu choice Edit>Replace. The drop down list only keeps the last 5 choices. Is there anyway to increase this number from 5 to 25? Any ideas will be most welcomed. -Minitman ...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Find the Rule that caused a specific message to be moved to a folder.
I've just become totally embarrassed by finding a set of a friend's recent messages in my "Junk Mail" folder. I'm sure that one of my many "Rules" put it there. How do I identify which Rule it was, so I can eliminate or alter it? TIA You will have to go through your rules one by one to find the one that is sending the friend's mail to the Junk Mail folder. Often, it is a simple phrase that your friend may have in the address or subject. E.g., if you have your mail send all mail with the word "free" in it, and your friend has a freeserve...

"create mscrm.sql" error on 3rd (re-)install
I have installed CRM 1.2 on SBS2K3 twice as "advetureworks cycle" and "msdn subscriber" with only 90% success because of conflicts on the web site. I have removed the conflicts but now CRM installer errors trying to create the new database as (default) local service. My login has SQLServer db_creator permissions and I can create a DB, so I'm totally confused. Can I workaround this somehow ? What login needs to be given db_creator rights so Install can run te SQL scripts ? Hi Marcus, have you deleate the complete the old date from AWC? Have you delete the ...

Can publisher 2000 merge to an access 2000 query.
I have a database which is in Access 2000 format, and I was trying to pull information from it into Publisher 2000. I keep getting an error that goes something like " Publisher cannot open the file, it may be damaged or in a format Publisher does not understand" The mdb file opens fine in Access 2000 and in XP version (which is on another PC), and is definitely in Access 2000 format. Another mdb on my computer will open and work properly with Publisher, but the info I want is not in that one, this leads me to think that there must be something wrong with the database? Any sugg...

extract data from combo box n use it in SQL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- not sure if i got the right forum I have a form created by VBA, and on the form I have a combo box wher the user can specify the month and year. I need to retrieve data from database using SQL but i require the input from the combo box to be par of my condition in my SQL statement to retrieve the data. so any ide wat is the syntax for writing a SQL statement with the consideration o the input from the combo box? right now i have 2 combo box. 1 holding the months, the other holdin the year SELECT b.OrgID, a.O...

Access Queries not seen in Excel
Hi, I have a queriy in Access that I want to import into Excel (2007). I go to "Get External Data" - "From Access" and select the Access database. Several tables and queries are shown but some are not (naturally the one I want is not shown!) I had the same problem importing the same query into Word and resolved it by setting the "Confirm File Format Conversion on Open" option in the Advanced Options. (Then choosing DDE when opening). Is there a similar way I can get Excel to see this query? Thanks Richard ...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...

Dynamics GP 10 SQL Reports
Hi, Does Microsoft provide partners with the actual Visio project files so that we can tweak the Dynamics 10 reports without editing the xml in the rdl file? If so, where are they? I can't seem to locate them. Tx Les Ok.. I do now see the project file for the GP report pack. Perhaps the GP10 reports are the same? I don't even see them in a downloadable form on partnersource. Les "LesWright" wrote: > Hi, > > Does Microsoft provide partners with the actual Visio project files so that > we can tweak the Dynamics 10 reports without editing the xml in the...

Web Queries #3
I am running a web query on a 540 record table on a website. I get the message " The query returned more data than will fit on a worksheet." and the data is truncated to 515 records. Is there a way I can get the web query to show the whole details ? Cheers in advance ...

Ensuring SQL data is written
I have an application that is split (FE and BE). The FE always uses SQL formatted strings to update records in the BE. Periodically the data in the BE gets garbaged. It is always restricted to individual records. Some time times the system generated record number gets corrupted along with other columns in the record. I have never found the cause. I have been thinking that it might be something assocated with some event on the users terminal (i.e. power hit). One thought is to "check' the acutal SQL command to ensure that data has been properly written. Is this possible? Any ...

Advanced macro
Slightly complicated question - I'll explain as best as I can. I have two sheets in a file, one is the weekly sales (all data on one line) and the other is the previous weeks sales which have been hard coded (1st week on line 1, 2nd week on line two...52nd week on line 52). I want the weekly sales sheet to remain the same as it has links into another report. What I need is a macro to copy the line of data from the weekly sheet into the relevant weeks line on the previous weeks sheet. I can only create macro's that take the data from the weekly sheet and enters it into a specifi...