Advanced find, relationships, mailmerge CRM3.0

We're running CRM3.0.

We are using relationships extensively which mean we can link accounts and
contacts together in lots of different ways (necessary because we're not a
bicycle manufacturer!)

This works ok, with some annoyances, and I know the data is in there, and so
is theoretically navigable. Practically though, it's a pain ...

I want to send a mailmerge letter to an "Account" for each Contact linked to
that account in a particular relationship (Acc1 ... Rel1 ... Blank ... Con1)
- including the account details, and some standard and customised details
from the Contact entity.

How can I do this minimal pain, whilst also retaining the History for the
Account and the Contact.

I have looked at Advanced Find, but then I can't make a list of the results
of the find if I start with Customer Relationships, and the columns I'm after
(the related contact) aren't available if I start with Account. (And I doubt
they'd be available once I get to the mailmerge step anyway ...)

Can anyone help? Have I given sufficient information?

Thanks all.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How to find a cell with a particular date format?
Hi, For example, I have a cell that shows the date as 08/11/07. How can I use the Find command to locate it? TIA Tom Select that cell (just for testing). Look at the formulabar--not what's displayed in the cell. Use that when you try your Find. Tom wrote: > > Hi, > > For example, I have a cell that shows the date as 08/11/07. How can I use > the Find command to locate it? > > TIA > Tom -- Dave Peterson Ctrl-F, click on the Options>> button, then the Format... button. Leave search field empty to find all cells with ...

Finding Asymptotes from a set of data in Excel
Hi Can anyone help me find asymptote from a set of data in two column x and y that show the frequency responce of a say a freq. responce of a electrochem cell in Excel? Finding it from a function seem relatively easy but without a model for the data is there a method of finding two lines that meet to produce the turning point? Cheers WayneL ...

To find the cumilative balance
Hi all, Please forgive me the same question is posting again. I have the following excel . I want to get a cumilative balance as follows. A B C D E(Cum.bal) 1 10 2 -3.5 3 -1.5 4 -3 -2 0.00 5 20 6 7 -10 8 -10 0.00 Please help to get the balance n column E. The balance ha...

can't find email address in my organization
Hello all, I'm trying to search for a particular smtp email address and find out what user is holding that address, how can i accomplish this? Garry Try this: Go to AD Users & Computers, right-click on your Domain | Find | change the Find drop-down to "Custom Search" (you could also change the "IN" drop-down to "Entire Directory" if you have more than 1 domains) | go to Advanced tab | type "(proxyAddresses=smtp:user@domain.com)". This will give you the object - of any type (user, group, contact, public folders... ) - that has that email addr...

Problems with the relationships from Orders and Invoices
Hi NG, Actual I've got a little problem with the relationship between entities like account/contact and Order and Invoice. For example, all the time a user will change the owner from an account or contact, the owner in order and invoice will also changed. But a lot of this accounts have about 500 orders and invoices (sometimes older then 1/1/2005) and not editable. There are always two relationships from account to order and also two to invoice, but both are System relationships. So is there any way to change the relationships from order or invoice to account or contact? Or ...

Find a Contact issue
When I enter a name into the Find a Contact box and press enter, all the contacts (my personal and any public) are searched for a match. My PC has Outlook 2003. If I go to a PC that has Outlook 2000 installed, it appears that all of the contacts are not searched. Is there a way to change this behavior. At one time the PC with Outlook 2000 functioned that same as the PC with Outlook 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks tk <timkelley123@mennies.com> wrote: > When I enter a name into the Find a Contact box and press enter, all > the contacts (my personal and any p...

Linearized data relationships and axes labels
I plotted a weight vs time graph but to linearize the data I used the inverse of the square root of time to create a chart. Is there any way I can make the x-axis labels represent the actual time values while still having the scale of the inverse sqrt? I want it to label the x axis the way it does when logarithmic scale is used (but using my custom relationship). Hi, Maybe Jon's example on arbitrary axis will provide you with another information to construct your axis labeling. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Cheers Andy Buck121 wrote: > I plotted a we...

support retirement date for GP 9.0
Hello: I have heard that support for GP 10.0 will be continued until sometime in 2012, in keeping with Microsoft's 5-year support policy. Is there a firm mainstream support retirement date for GP 9.0? A client is trying to decide whether to upgrade to GP 9.0 or 10.0, and one of the items that will "make" him upgrade to 10.0 instead of 9.0 is the length of support. I think that 9.0 came out in 2006. So, if there is not a firm end date yet, does that mean that support will end sometime in 2011? Thanks! childofthe1980s Show him 10, show him all the sizzle, and explain th...

Finding icons
I'm trying to find the icons I've customized. I had believed those icons were saved in a file called "Excel.XLB". However, and I can't find it when I do a search. Any help how I do this or what to backup? Ken When you are conducting search for your "Excel.XLB" file make sure you have checked the Advanced Option "Search hidden files & folders"... Steve "kenw" wrote: > I'm trying to find the icons I've customized. I had > believed those icons were saved in a file > called "Excel.XLB". However, an...

Find the maximum value in a row or column with text and numbers
would someone be able to help me out in finding the maximum value in a row or column containing letters and numbers. letters in this case would be a lower value compare to the numbers. for example in a row: A B C D <- returns the value D as max A B 0 1 <- returns the value 1 as max thanks for A B C D use array-entered (i.e. insert the formula with CTRL+SHIFT +ENTER): =CHAR(MAX(CODE(A1:D1))) for A B 0 1 use: =MAX(A1:D1) On 17 Lis, 09:26, bengles <beng...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > would someone be able to help me out in finding the...

Where can I find my deleted Entourage tasks?
I deleted a task mistakenly and I want to correct that. Where's the folder for deleted tasks? On 6/1/10 5:30 AM, in article 59bb93c8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Jessica Copen" <jessicopen@nyc.rr.com> wrote: > I deleted a task mistakenly and I want to correct that. Where's the folder > for deleted tasks? There isn't a folder. They are GONE. Sorry! -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy>...

How do I find which screen my app is running in?
Hi, When my app starts it always starts up in the primary display of a multi-display setup. If the user decides to always put my app in screen 2, is there a way in VB that allows you to identify the screen you are running in? I would then check the screen I am running in as the user closes the app and store it in a registry setting. Then when the user re-opens the app make sure it comes up in the same screen (probably needs a test to ensure the user hasn't disconnected a screen since you last opened)? I have had a look at the "My" command and can find read only ...

Customisng CRM 3.0
Hi all Been looking at CRM 3.0 for a while now and have been happily adding custom entities fields etc, however every now and again it seems there is a timeout issue, and I get prompted for a username and password when rtying to save customisations. Is there a setting within IIS that I have missed or within CRM itself to stop this from happening. It's particularly frustrating when you have a long list of picklist values to add Thanks John This timeout appears when it takes too long for crm to load. Does your machine meet the required specifications? Are you running other appl...

mapi 1.0 error
Upon SEND TO MAIL RECIPIENT AS ATTACHMENT from word or excel, getting: "An error occurred while attempting to open the Windows Address Book" MAPI 1.0 [00000220] Have been searching the internet for months. Any help much appreciated. ...

import email from outlook expressv6.0
would be grateful for any pointers for importing emails from xp based, outlook express v6.0 into my vista based machine running win live mail 2008 and win mail ver6.0 6000.16386. have burned 4 files : ( archive (.pst), backup (.pst), extend.dat, outlook (.pst) ) from old system but both win mail and win live mail seem not to recognize the files when i try to read these files or import them. thks. "jchan" <jchan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5438430C-BA1E-4A3E-A8AA-93DBF3E6C08E@microsoft.com... > would be grateful for any pointers for importing emai...

The new View Lists in GP 8.0 are too slow with larger data sets.
The view lists are very slow to pull up a large set of records when you first open the window. After the window is populated, then the performance is fine. It would be nice to design this window to pull up the records with a single SQL query instead of getting a list of records with one query and then pulling each record individually with other queries. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butto...

finding words
hi all this is maybe a little bit simple but.. i use an access database in an VB 6 program When i want to find a name in de table, i don't have a problem when i spell it correct but i want to find also de words when i leave the last symbols or when i'm lookin' for more possibilities like i spell 'house' but i want also find 'ourhouse' 'housebell' etc Who can help me please ...

Laptop client in CRM 4.0 RC0 VPC
Hi! How do I enable the laptop client in the new RC0 VPC for CRM 4.0? According to the VPC specification the laptop client should be included, but I am not able to get it to work. It seems that it is the desktop client that is installed by default, since changing the "lightclient" registry value does not work. When trying to uninstall the outlook client and reinstall it as the laptop client, there are a lot of error messages about missing files. Thank you! Sincerely Fredrik Strandberg ...

Kaspersky and CRM 4.0
Hi there I want to install Kaspersky on my CRM and SQL server. For that reason I'm looking for an exclusion list for Kaspersky antivirus to get the CRM system and the antivirus run together on one machine. Is there somebody who also runs CRM and SQL server on different machines and has installed Kaspersky on those maschines? Maybe you can provide me your exclusion list, of course only the part regarding to CRM and SQL. Thanks a lot! Regards, Serkan ...

Data - Filter - Advanced
Hello all I'm doing some spring cleaning on the terminology lists I use in my work as a translator (German to English). These lists are in three columns entitled German - English - Subject. Some of the lists are quite large (several thousand entries) and over the years a lot of duplicates have crept in. I want to find (and delete) only those entries that are identical throughout, i.e. source term AND target term AND subject area. I have applied <Data> <Advanced filers> <Unique records only>. This hides - but does not delete - the offending duplicates; these are st...

How do I find a template I downloaded to Publisher?
I downloaded a template fom the microsoft site to use in Publisher 2003. I closed the page since I didn't want to use it right away, but now I can't find it. I looked in the "new from a design" pane, but it isn't listed anywhere. Where should I be looking to retrieve the template? If you didn't save it, then it is still at Microsoft. Could be in your temp folder. In Windows Explorer address bar type %temp% , Try, file, new, templates, scroll down to the bottom. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com...

Error de instalacion en Microsoft CRM 3.0
Cerca del final, me sale esto: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_LocalTimeToUTC'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_UTCToLocalTime'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_RptBracket'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_GetFormatStrings'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindUserGuid'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindBusinessGuid'. lo que hice fue crear las funciones en las 2 bases de datos que el programa crea, solo para q las encontrata, despues de hacerlo le di retry y termino la instalacion bien. imagi...

Email Warning in CRM 3.0
Hello. When composing an email in CRM 3.0, I see this warning message just above the body text box. It doesn't seem to hinder my email capabilites but was just curious if anyone else has experienced it before; 'The email below might contain script or content that is potentially harmful and has been blocked. Unblock' Thoughts, it mostly happens when I paste some text in from MS Word. Thanks, you will see it all the time when you paste in 'active' content. It's a just a security warning - if you trust the source then not to worry. If you want to see what it...

Find and Replace Text with CarriageReturn
I get a data extract that includes "\n" text. I would like to replace with CarriageReturn using a macro. I cannot seem to make the normal Find and Replace work for this. Rick one way: Cells.Replace _ What:="/n", _ Replacement:=Chr(10), _ LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ MatchCase:=False Regards Trevor "RickT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041b01c3d3e3$25637da0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I get a data extract that includes "\n" text. I would > like to re...

Combine classes in Advanced Security
I've been tasked with giving a user access to another set of modules. The configuration here is mature and they have pre-defined user classes for each "role". Now they want to create a role combining two of the classes. Is there a tool that does this? The copy function (as well as import/export) replaces the security values. I'm looking for more of an IOR type function. The alternative is to do it by hand... ugh.... VinceV Advanced Security does have the ability to combine settings by copying from one entity to another. However, it works by combining the changes...