Advanced Find For Opportunities

Trying to find a name of a Potential Customer in a large
list does not seem very easy.  TheFind box does not work
unless you type in something it is regarding.  Advanced
Find you can choose to find Opportunities, then can get
the Potential Customer Field, but when you choose equals
you cannot choose and Opportunity Name from the lookup,
only Contacts and Accounts.  There is no Contains so you
can put in *Name* in it to locate the name.

Any suggestion on the best way to find a name in an
opportunity?

Thanks!

Shauna
0
Shauna
9/20/2004 4:28:29 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Shauna,

Are you looking for a particular Opportunity that has a specific potential
customer?  If so, the Adv Find is the place to locate this information. I'm
surprised that you aren't able to use the lookup to find either the account
or contact.   You should be able to pick which type of customer
(acct/contact) your potential customer is and then lookup by this.

Alternatively, you locate the potential customer's record, launch it and
then go to the Opportunities left area. That will give you the entire listing
of the Opportunities for that customer.

Veronica.

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> Trying to find a name of a Potential Customer in a large
> list does not seem very easy.  TheFind box does not work
> unless you type in something it is regarding.  Advanced
> Find you can choose to find Opportunities, then can get
> the Potential Customer Field, but when you choose equals
> you cannot choose and Opportunity Name from the lookup,
> only Contacts and Accounts.  There is no Contains so you
> can put in *Name* in it to locate the name.
>
> Any suggestion on the best way to find a name in an
> opportunity?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Shauna

Thanks!  Still a newbie and learning the product.

Shauna

0
Shauna

I am getting error after i am adding new opportunity
I am getting error after i am adding new opportunity. Is someone has any idea why I get this error ? MSCRM Application Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code ...

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

Exchange 2003 OWA cannot locate distribution lists using 'find option'
We used Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003. Some of our users access a shared mailbox using OWA. There is an absolutely vast contacts folder associated with it, and they need to be able to search through it for addresses. Unfortunately, we have found that if we put in part of the name of the contact in the 'to' field of the email, then it can be resolved. However, if they click on the 'find' button and put part of the name of the DL, OWA cannot find it. They cannot always just type the name in the 'to' field and then click the resolve button as sometimes they do ...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

create a macro that finds certain words in doc then pste
i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet. What have you come up with so far? ted wrote: >i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then >cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet. -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201003/1 ...

Find path where WinZip is installed
Is there a way that I can determine the full path of an application like WinZip. If possible, I'd like to start with as little information as possible, (Example WinZip). -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201004/1 On Apr 16, 9:27=A0am, "rdemyan via AccessMonster.com" <u6836@uwe> wrote: > Is there a way that I can determine the full path of an application like > WinZip. =A0If possible, I'd like to start with as little information as > possible, (Example WinZip). > > -- >...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

Find and Replace any digit
I am working in Word 2007. I am trying for a different find and replace option but I am not getting what I want. Here is the scenario: I have many documents in which the phone numbers are given as (000)-000-0000. I want all the numbers to replace with +1 prefixed and without brackets and dashes, like this, +1 000 000 0000. Now, I am able to find the numbers using ^# (any digit) in "Find What" by entering(^#^#^#)-^#^#^#-^#^#^#^#. But couldn't replace with the format I am looking for which is +1 ^#^#^# ^#^#^# ^#^#^#^# (+1 prefixed and no dashes). It is giving...

Add To "Find & Replace" Drop Down List
Greetings, I am running Excel 2003 on an XP box. I have a lot of replacing to do on 60 similar workbooks. There are about 20 different combinations that I have to worry about. I have been using the "Find & Replace" under the Edit menu choice Edit>Replace. The drop down list only keeps the last 5 choices. Is there anyway to increase this number from 5 to 25? Any ideas will be most welcomed. -Minitman ...

Find the Rule that caused a specific message to be moved to a folder.
I've just become totally embarrassed by finding a set of a friend's recent messages in my "Junk Mail" folder. I'm sure that one of my many "Rules" put it there. How do I identify which Rule it was, so I can eliminate or alter it? TIA You will have to go through your rules one by one to find the one that is sending the friend's mail to the Junk Mail folder. Often, it is a simple phrase that your friend may have in the address or subject. E.g., if you have your mail send all mail with the word "free" in it, and your friend has a freeserve...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Link multiple accounts to an opportunity
I'm a newbie, so this is probably a very easy thing to do... I have an Opportunity and want to link 1 or more accounts to it of different types, with different relationship roles to the opportunity. For instance, one of my CRM users should be able to open Opportunity A and view a list of the accounts who are defined as "Sub contractor type 1s" for that opportunity. How do I go about doing this? Thanks for your help!!! Jason Go to Settings -> Relationship Roles and set up the different roles that may exist. Then open your opportunity, and click on relationships. Add a...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...

How do I find root mean square of a periodic data in Excel

Find e-mails to a page with IE6, 7 and 8
- Catch e-mails from URL or web address directly without opening your browser! - Retrieve e-mails from the current page of your browser! - Extract e-mails from one or more files or documents on your hard drive! http://www.pgi.free.fr/webemailscapture.htm 2010sdf2011@gmail.com wrote: > - Catch e-mails from URL or web address directly without opening your > browser! > - Retrieve e-mails from the current page of your browser! > - Extract e-mails from one or more files or documents on your hard drive! > > http:// www. pgi. freeSPAM. fr/ webemailscapture. ht...

finding the last value
I have a monthly inventory sheet, it has an opening balance column, a couple of columns for different activity and an ending balance - each row is a day of the month. Untill today() = the row date (column A), the ending balance column remains zero. I have a total row at the bottom for the activity columns, but for the ending balance column I would like to be able to display the last balance. I have thought about an IF statement to check each cell until I find a value, but 31 nested IF's sounds a little crazy. Ideas? Hi Simon (BTW you can't have 31 nested IFs ... only 7) howe...

Advanced macro
Slightly complicated question - I'll explain as best as I can. I have two sheets in a file, one is the weekly sales (all data on one line) and the other is the previous weeks sales which have been hard coded (1st week on line 1, 2nd week on line two...52nd week on line 52). I want the weekly sales sheet to remain the same as it has links into another report. What I need is a macro to copy the line of data from the weekly sheet into the relevant weeks line on the previous weeks sheet. I can only create macro's that take the data from the weekly sheet and enters it into a specifi...

Find name of main form
Novice, Access 2003, XP I want to pass a control name to another application. The control is on a subform, but I don't know the name of the main form because the subform is in various mainforms. E.g. fsubTxt contains txtBox1. How do I find the name of frmMain and then pass the frmMain!fsubTxt.Form!txtBox1 Thank you You can get the main form's name by using Screen.ActiveForm.Name Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Peter Stone" <PeterStone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20BA9DE7-0107-46CB-96F8-591...

Advanced Find Queries
Can anyone give me a solution to the following problem we are having... I want to do an advanced find on all our active accounts and not include the billing accounts. Our billing accounts begin with an asterik (*). So when writing the query, if I try and tell it to give me the accounts that don't begin with an *, it results in nothing. Besides changing the character to something else other than an *, is there a way around this? Wendy, The asterisk (*) is the CRM "wildcard" character. I'm thinking that when you search for this character, CRM may interpret this to me...

Find Mac address first, then get IP address and map printer using
Guy, Problem: I was assign a task for DR (Disaster Recovery). Lets say our print server goes down for a few hours, I need to find a way to map computers by IP address. The problem is that our printers are on DHCP so if the ip changes then I will be unable to print. Solution (I hope): How can I use vbscript and Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration or arp to get the mac address that I provide and return the ip so I can map the printer. Here is a script that I found on the web. strQuery = "SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE MACAddress > '00:1a:4b:...

Slide advancement
Hi. I am running into problems with projecting my PPT show. The show runs just fine on my computer, but when I hook it up to a projector, it will display the first slide on the screen, briefly show the second slide and then revert back to the first slide. I cannot advance past the first slide. I've tried two different projectors so I figured it's either a computer or powerpoint issue. I have PowerPoint 2007. On 12/8/09 12:26 PM, in article 2154D43D-F7C5-4C81-B402-EDB545CC47A4@microsoft.com, "Worker Bee" <WorkerBee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

how can i find the relation between x & y in chart
how can i find the relation between x & y in chart On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, nadir <nadir@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >how can i find the relation between x & y in chart Don't. Find the relation between x and y in the spreadsheet cells instead. Try the SLOPE() and INTERCEPT() functions, and read the help files on the other functions available. -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. nadir - Use an XY (Scatt...