Advanced Find Export to Excel

We have an Advanced Find that was created that has more than 10,000 records
being returned.  When we try to export the find into an excel spreadsheet,
only 10,000 of the records appear even though we chose to export the results
on all pages.  Is this a limitation of CRM 3.0?  If I do a count on the
records in sql, there should be 17,161.  Any information regarding this would
be much appreciated.  Thanks!!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi JC,

this is a standard limit. You can change this by editing the registry Keys.
Take a look at
http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/07/crm-registry-settings.aspx

There you´ll find the registry key "maxrecordsforexporttoexcel"

Best regards
Carsten

PS: Please vote for this Message, if it was helpfull.

"JC" wrote:

> We have an Advanced Find that was created that has more than 10,000 records
> being returned.  When we try to export the find into an excel spreadsheet,
> only 10,000 of the records appear even though we chose to export the results
> on all pages.  Is this a limitation of CRM 3.0?  If I do a count on the
> records in sql, there should be 17,161.  Any information regarding this would
> be much appreciated.  Thanks!!
Carsten,
Thanks for the link.  This is great as there are other settings listed in
here that I didn't realize were editable.  I appreciate the help!!

"Carsten" wrote:

> Hi JC,
>
> this is a standard limit. You can change this by editing the registry Keys.
> Take a look at
> http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/07/crm-registry-settings.aspx
>
> There you´ll find the registry key "maxrecordsforexporttoexcel"
>
> Best regards
> Carsten
>
> PS: Please vote for this Message, if it was helpfull.
>
> "JC" wrote:
>
> > We have an Advanced Find that was created that has more than 10,000 records
> > being returned.  When we try to export the find into an excel spreadsheet,
> > only 10,000 of the records appear even though we chose to export the results
> > on all pages.  Is this a limitation of CRM 3.0?  If I do a count on the
> > records in sql, there should be 17,161.  Any information regarding this would
> > be much appreciated.  Thanks!!
Is there comparable documentation for CRM4.0?  The MSDN site has no such
information specifically for CRM4.0, but the registry path stated in the 3.0
solution does not exist for CRM4.0.
--
HCL

"Carsten" wrote:

> Hi JC,
>
> this is a standard limit. You can change this by editing the registry Keys.
> Take a look at
> http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/07/crm-registry-settings.aspx
>
> There you´ll find the registry key "maxrecordsforexporttoexcel"
>
> Best regards
> Carsten
>
> PS: Please vote for this Message, if it was helpfull.
>
> "JC" wrote:
>
> > We have an Advanced Find that was created that has more than 10,000 records
> > being returned.  When we try to export the find into an excel spreadsheet,
> > only 10,000 of the records appear even though we chose to export the results
> > on all pages.  Is this a limitation of CRM 3.0?  If I do a count on the
> > records in sql, there should be 17,161.  Any information regarding this would
> > be much appreciated.  Thanks!!

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

Mail Merge from Excel To Publisher
My address book in Excel has a properly formated zip code column but when it transfers to Publisher it drops the first digit if it's a zero. How to fix? Format the field as text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cbrock" <cbrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D555C38-8A3D-4CEF-9683-B9FD80AFAA9E@microsoft.com... > My address book in Excel has a properly formated zip code column but when it > transfers to Publisher it drops the first digit if it's a zero. How to fix? ...

Exchange 2003 OWA cannot locate distribution lists using 'find option'
We used Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003. Some of our users access a shared mailbox using OWA. There is an absolutely vast contacts folder associated with it, and they need to be able to search through it for addresses. Unfortunately, we have found that if we put in part of the name of the contact in the 'to' field of the email, then it can be resolved. However, if they click on the 'find' button and put part of the name of the DL, OWA cannot find it. They cannot always just type the name in the 'to' field and then click the resolve button as sometimes they do ...

How to maximize the Excel window?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize teh excel window whenever I open excel? I have set Excel application's property into maximizing window, but I get many excel files and shortcuts, which property are set into standard. I cannot individually set each file with maximizing window property, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric You could create a new workbook and store it in your XLStart folder that contains a macro that runs each time excel is opened. Lots of people use the name Personal.xls for this file...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

Not to print particular cells in excel
Is there any way to not to print just cell B5 for example but print rest of the cells? You could temporarily hide column B or Row 5 but this will work only if there is nothing else in that column or row. You could temporarily set the Fill colour and Font colour to white. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions <dhilipb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148285468.840848.287890@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to not to print just cell B5 for example but print > rest of the cells? Instead you can create a custom format and only put in ;;; as the format...

create a macro that finds certain words in doc then pste
i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet. What have you come up with so far? ted wrote: >i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then >cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet. -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201003/1 ...

Very slow to make changes in Excel 2007 sp2
I have a machine with Excel 2007 sp2 that when making changes takes a very long time... so if I bold or un-bold a cell it will take up to 30 seconds... once the change is made I can undo/redo and it is instant, but if I un-bold the same cell instead of undo it again takes up to 30 seconds. Is there a procedure to try and diagnose what is causing this? Thanks ...

Find path where WinZip is installed
Is there a way that I can determine the full path of an application like WinZip. If possible, I'd like to start with as little information as possible, (Example WinZip). -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201004/1 On Apr 16, 9:27=A0am, "rdemyan via AccessMonster.com" <u6836@uwe> wrote: > Is there a way that I can determine the full path of an application like > WinZip. =A0If possible, I'd like to start with as little information as > possible, (Example WinZip). > > -- >...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Unable to edit Excel spreadsheet
User gets a error message: revised master index is locked for editing by (company name), when he edits the Excel spreadsheet. Hi John, Sounds like a Shared workbook, Tools, Sharing Question is is the workbook used by only one person so that sharing might be unintentional. Shared workbooks have a revision history. There is an option to allow updating by more than one person at a time. Locked for editing by company name is probably the name that person chose under tools, Options, General for username. You may also see this preset by the computer manufacturer. --- HTH, David McRi...

How to access Excel-Sheets from outside Excel ?
I am searching for a tool which enables me to retrieve the contents of a certain cell from outside Excel through the command line. I would like to call this utility at the command line, pass a cell identification and will get the contents e.g.: D:\temp>getfromexcel.exe myexcelsheet.xls "23,G" 1234.45 Does such a tool exist? Markus ...

Outlook 2007
I would appreciate anyone advising me as to how to export emails from Outlook to Excel so I get columns, for example: 'to', 'subject', 'date' (I want to insert more columns once the emails are in Excel.) Maybe comma limited file .csv ? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!! Tried the Export feature already? It allows you to export to various file types including xls and csv. An alternative method can be found here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/exportcontacts.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlo...

Excel Data Manager Tool?
I'm currently performing data analysis on a group of related Excel spreadsheets that have grown over time. All of the spreadsheets contain numerous tabs with multiple references to other tabs and other spreadsheets. Performing analysis on these spreadsheets has been difficult because of the labyrinth of complex data relationships. Can someone advise on whether there is an Excel tool available in the marketplace that can do what 'Enterprise Manager' does for a SQL database? Basically, I'm looking for a tool that can document the data relationships within a set of ...

excel infected?
(Excel 2002, SP3; winXP, SP2) This problem just started. When I open a particular .xls, my firewall reports that Excel is trying to access the internet. This doesn't happen with other Excel files. The IP address that it tries to access belong to Savvis and Level Three Communications. The spreadsheet doesn't have any (intentional) links of this sort. From this, I have to wonder if this particular file has gotten infected. Is this even possible? The history of this xls file includes contact with someone else's PC. If a spreadsheet can be infected, is there a way to clean i...

Addin for Excel
I have a basic c++ com based addin running inside excel already. But what i dont know is how much of a latitude is the addin allowed while inside excel. IDTExtensibility2 defined a class(com) that can be created by excel. Whenever something interesting happens, excel calls one of its methods to tell the class something has happened. USUALLY it is here that class could do whatever it wants. Or rather the excel object structure implies so. But if you notice, from the addins side, it is just a class that is present in this equation. A class cant execute instructions by itslef. So it is some EXCE...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

Find and Replace any digit
I am working in Word 2007. I am trying for a different find and replace option but I am not getting what I want. Here is the scenario: I have many documents in which the phone numbers are given as (000)-000-0000. I want all the numbers to replace with +1 prefixed and without brackets and dashes, like this, +1 000 000 0000. Now, I am able to find the numbers using ^# (any digit) in "Find What" by entering(^#^#^#)-^#^#^#-^#^#^#^#. But couldn't replace with the format I am looking for which is +1 ^#^#^# ^#^#^# ^#^#^#^# (+1 prefixed and no dashes). It is giving...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Find the Rule that caused a specific message to be moved to a folder.
I've just become totally embarrassed by finding a set of a friend's recent messages in my "Junk Mail" folder. I'm sure that one of my many "Rules" put it there. How do I identify which Rule it was, so I can eliminate or alter it? TIA You will have to go through your rules one by one to find the one that is sending the friend's mail to the Junk Mail folder. Often, it is a simple phrase that your friend may have in the address or subject. E.g., if you have your mail send all mail with the word "free" in it, and your friend has a freeserve...

Add To "Find & Replace" Drop Down List
Greetings, I am running Excel 2003 on an XP box. I have a lot of replacing to do on 60 similar workbooks. There are about 20 different combinations that I have to worry about. I have been using the "Find & Replace" under the Edit menu choice Edit>Replace. The drop down list only keeps the last 5 choices. Is there anyway to increase this number from 5 to 25? Any ideas will be most welcomed. -Minitman ...

Excel Spreadsheet #10
Why suddenly can't Windows open my Excel spreadsheet ? It has forgotten which program created it. How can this be? I am desparate to get help opening it. Windows doesn't know what program is associated with .xls files? If yes, I'd try reregistering excel: Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. If you get an error message (can't find ....), you could try: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...