Advance Find in Activities Histories

I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was
that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again.

I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM
1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have
converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab.  When you
open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities
display.  I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to
move between the pages and pages of activities.  In some cases there are 50+
pages of these activities for one contact and if you are looking for 1
specifically it can be hard to locate.  You can't get access to Advanced Find
from within the Activities, History.

If you use the Tool menu, Advanced Find in the main window, you can only
look for the activity but you need to know a lot about it specifically for
the search.  For example you can't, in the first line, choose search by
Accounts, Field:Account Name, Condition:Contains, Value: Algo, then on the
second line choose Activities, Field: Type, Condition:Equals, Value:Fax, then
Activities, Field:Activity Subject, Condition:Contains, Value: (oc:Joanne
Bird)

You can only do seaching on one entity type and its fields and you have to
know a lot about the activity to narrow the search.  It would be nice to be
able to Find the Account/Contact in the Find box, select the Activities Tab,
then the History Tab, then start a search at that point.

Any recommendations or will the advanced searching be extended in the next
version?

Thanks!
Shauna
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Shauna,
You might try checking out c360.com, as their Query Manager enables you to
search on more than one object.  Supposedly CRM 2.0, (although now pushed out
to Q4), will have this capability as well.  HTH,

Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Main #: 971-327-6944

Introducing our newest software product...
VAST for Microsoft CRM 1.2
VAST shows you "Who Did What When" in Microsoft CRM
To download our free trial, get more info, or to order, visit
http://www.VSCRM.com

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was
> that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again.
>
> I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM
> 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have
> converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab.  When you
> open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities
> display.  I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to
> move between the pages and pages of activities.  In some cases there are 50+
> pages of these activities for one contact and if you are looking for 1
> specifically it can be hard to locate.  You can't get access to Advanced Find
> from within the Activities, History.
>
> If you use the Tool menu, Advanced Find in the main window, you can only
> look for the activity but you need to know a lot about it specifically for
> the search.  For example you can't, in the first line, choose search by
> Accounts, Field:Account Name, Condition:Contains, Value: Algo, then on the
> second line choose Activities, Field: Type, Condition:Equals, Value:Fax, then
> Activities, Field:Activity Subject, Condition:Contains, Value: (oc:Joanne
> Bird)
>
> You can only do seaching on one entity type and its fields and you have to
> know a lot about the activity to narrow the search.  It would be nice to be
> able to Find the Account/Contact in the Find box, select the Activities Tab,
> then the History Tab, then start a search at that point.
>
> Any recommendations or will the advanced searching be extended in the next
> version?
>
> Thanks!
> Shauna
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. I kind of figured that was the case.  It amazes me
that Microsoft has built so many search engines and they missed something so
basic as this in CRM.  Will look into the c360 product and wait patiently for
CRM 2.0 (2005) when it comes.

Thanks again!!

"Dave Carr" wrote:

> [...]
> > then the History Tab, then start a search at that point.
> >
> > Any recommendations or will the advanced searching be extended in the next
> > version?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Shauna

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

0x80004005 connecting to the Microsoft Active Directory
I am looking for some suggestions/guidance to an issue I am having. I am working on configuring a 2 node active-passive cluster. The OS is Windows 2003 Server Ent. with SP1. I have the cluster working properly and failover for the base cluster group and MSDTC are working properly. I have installed Exchange 2003 Ent. on both cluster nodes along with SP1. Everything starts fine on NODE1. However, on NODE2 only the System Mgmt service and the System Attendent service start. When I attempt to start the InfoStore I get the above error along with Event ID 5000's and Event id 7024. I have che...

Exchange 2003 OWA cannot locate distribution lists using 'find option'
We used Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003. Some of our users access a shared mailbox using OWA. There is an absolutely vast contacts folder associated with it, and they need to be able to search through it for addresses. Unfortunately, we have found that if we put in part of the name of the contact in the 'to' field of the email, then it can be resolved. However, if they click on the 'find' button and put part of the name of the DL, OWA cannot find it. They cannot always just type the name in the 'to' field and then click the resolve button as sometimes they do ...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

create a macro that finds certain words in doc then pste
i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet. What have you come up with so far? ted wrote: >i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then >cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet. -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201003/1 ...

Activities? Schimivities!
I have a button which allows the user to create templated worksheet each time they press it. These worksheets have a series of fields tha relate to 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for on or more activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activity information fro as many activity worksheets as the user has created. Currently my macr expects there to be as many activity worksheets as I created during th macro recording (rather than the custom # that a user may have). I guess also that the User may delete certain worksheets so will no necessarily hav...

Money 2008 Activation on Vista
I've been thru the same crazy maze as Alan van der Vyver, with the same bad result. Thanks to Chris Cowles and Cal Learner for explaining RunAsAdministrator to get activation to succeed. Now, same as Alan, I have MyMoney.mny in User\(me)\Documents, I have full rights AND OWNERSHIP to the file and its folder. I've taken all the steps suggested by Cal in 12/8/07 post, except I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled. Still, when I start Money as me (not administrator), it thinks it has not been registered, and offers to do it then. BAD. When I RunAsAdministrator, it knows ...

Find path where WinZip is installed
Is there a way that I can determine the full path of an application like WinZip. If possible, I'd like to start with as little information as possible, (Example WinZip). -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201004/1 On Apr 16, 9:27=A0am, "rdemyan via AccessMonster.com" <u6836@uwe> wrote: > Is there a way that I can determine the full path of an application like > WinZip. =A0If possible, I'd like to start with as little information as > possible, (Example WinZip). > > -- >...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

Developing active directory applications without any Active Directory Services
Hi I'm writing C# applications and working with the System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement namespace. I'm developing on a standalone Windows Y2K8 server using VS2008 and I don't have Active Directory installed. My question is do I need to install full AD to effectively test my application or is there a development version I can use? It may be necessary to test the application with AD DS and AD LDS and the local SAM database. What are my options? Many thanks Andrew Take a look at AD LDS http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/idm/Dire...

In 3 active sheets in wkbk, determine& display the # of sheets that have data
I am wking with potentially 3 active sheets in a wkbk i.e. anyone of them or all could have data or text entered in them at any time. This is an ever changing scenario as data is entered or deleted i.e. a sheet is filled and the next sheet receives the new data etc. Since I am able or only want to see one sheet at a time, it is necessary to see on the displayed sheet how many of the 3 sheets have data on them at anyone time and to display that # of sheets numerically on all 3 sheets as I move thru them. I guess most simply stated I would like to know when I am in sheet #1 whether 1sheet is...

Find and Replace any digit
I am working in Word 2007. I am trying for a different find and replace option but I am not getting what I want. Here is the scenario: I have many documents in which the phone numbers are given as (000)-000-0000. I want all the numbers to replace with +1 prefixed and without brackets and dashes, like this, +1 000 000 0000. Now, I am able to find the numbers using ^# (any digit) in "Find What" by entering(^#^#^#)-^#^#^#-^#^#^#^#. But couldn't replace with the format I am looking for which is +1 ^#^#^# ^#^#^# ^#^#^#^# (+1 prefixed and no dashes). It is giving...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Find the Rule that caused a specific message to be moved to a folder.
I've just become totally embarrassed by finding a set of a friend's recent messages in my "Junk Mail" folder. I'm sure that one of my many "Rules" put it there. How do I identify which Rule it was, so I can eliminate or alter it? TIA You will have to go through your rules one by one to find the one that is sending the friend's mail to the Junk Mail folder. Often, it is a simple phrase that your friend may have in the address or subject. E.g., if you have your mail send all mail with the word "free" in it, and your friend has a freeserve...

Add To "Find & Replace" Drop Down List
Greetings, I am running Excel 2003 on an XP box. I have a lot of replacing to do on 60 similar workbooks. There are about 20 different combinations that I have to worry about. I have been using the "Find & Replace" under the Edit menu choice Edit>Replace. The drop down list only keeps the last 5 choices. Is there anyway to increase this number from 5 to 25? Any ideas will be most welcomed. -Minitman ...

Dump of e-mail aliasses from Active Directory
Hi, How can I dump (or verify, VS2005 VB.Net preferred) if an incoming message contains a valid e-mailaddress or alias? I can verify the primary e-mail address from the Active Directory using the System.DirectoryServices DirectorySearcher command. But how do I verify if a recipient address is a alias. Used in an home-brew application with MS Exchange Event Sink to verify some more data. Jeroen On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:52:38 +0100, "Rotzooi" <rotzooi@bukowonen.nl> wrote: >Hi, > >How can I dump (or verify, VS2005 VB.Net preferred) if an incoming message >c...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...

finding the last value
I have a monthly inventory sheet, it has an opening balance column, a couple of columns for different activity and an ending balance - each row is a day of the month. Untill today() = the row date (column A), the ending balance column remains zero. I have a total row at the bottom for the activity columns, but for the ending balance column I would like to be able to display the last balance. I have thought about an IF statement to check each cell until I find a value, but 31 nested IF's sounds a little crazy. Ideas? Hi Simon (BTW you can't have 31 nested IFs ... only 7) howe...

Export Activities Data
Hi, I am trying to export a list of contacts that were part of a particular email actiivty. I have managed to export the name associated with the email, but not the email address itself, which is what I need to send off to a business contact. Does anyone have any tips on how to achieve this. Thanks for your help, Shannon You need to drive your Advanced Find query by the "Contact" entity and relate to the Email activity. This will allow for you to "Edit" the column headers in your search to include the Email Address associated with the email message. Find: Contacts...

Find e-mails to a page with IE6, 7 and 8
- Catch e-mails from URL or web address directly without opening your browser! - Retrieve e-mails from the current page of your browser! - Extract e-mails from one or more files or documents on your hard drive! http://www.pgi.free.fr/webemailscapture.htm 2010sdf2011@gmail.com wrote: > - Catch e-mails from URL or web address directly without opening your > browser! > - Retrieve e-mails from the current page of your browser! > - Extract e-mails from one or more files or documents on your hard drive! > > http:// www. pgi. freeSPAM. fr/ webemailscapture. ht...

How do I find root mean square of a periodic data in Excel

User Activity Log?
I'm currently acting as IT manager for my office and am relatively inexperienced with Exchange. On our server we have a shared calendar for every employee, and recently people have been abusing this system by modifying and adding joke events to other people's calendars. Is there a way to see who is doing this; maybe some kind of user log kept on the server for admin access? Thanks for any help Change the shared permissions to Reviewer only, no modifications will be allowed. On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:31:24 -0700, "Gaz" <gaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I...