Address State Field - Can it be a drop down?

I have a client that has a need to make the address state field a drop down
so that they can run reports off of it.  Is there any way to do this?  The
only way I thought of was by creating a new field with a drop down.

Any ideas would be appreciated.....

Thanks!
--
Tara Sifuentes, CCDA, CCNA
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

We always create a new drop down field for Stateorprovince and we write a
script in "onchange" on the properties --> Event of this new field. The code
update the original field and you don't need to change all of your reports.
the only thing is you need to keep the original field on your screen maybe in
the las tab in "Not Used" section.

Good luck,

Sylvie

"Varay Systems" wrote:

> I have a client that has a need to make the address state field a drop down
> so that they can run reports off of it.  Is there any way to do this?  The
> only way I thought of was by creating a new field with a drop down.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.....
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Tara Sifuentes, CCDA, CCNA

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

Date Field Subtraction
Hi I have problem with Excel (2010) subtracting dates. The date1 is entered into COLUMN L and a second date entered into COLUMN U when information sent. The end formula in COLUMN W (below) works fine until there is no date posted in COLUMN U (i.e. blank) then always sees as - figure and shows "LATE". Please help - would like status to show NULL in COLUMN W if nothing in COLUMN U entered. Thanks Potsy Formula in Column V: =IF(U334>0,U334-L334,"") Fomula in Column W: =IF((V334=0),"ON TIME",IF((V334<0),"EARLY",IF((V334>0),"LATE",I...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Enter/Match Invoice should have separate avg cost date field
GP 9.0 added features of average costing does not allow using dates on the invoice prior to the date you receive the shipment. The system is looking at it that you would receive the shipment on the same date as the invoice if not sooner-which is not realist. This will impact how AP checks are processed - invoices will be apid late, discounts will be missed because the invoice date is not the true invoice date. Perhaps there should be two date fields ... one field for the TRUE invoice date, from which due dates and vendor discount terms will be calculated, and which would print on the...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

Excel drop down box #2
I have a drop down box in my file I use to look up customers, I would like to know how and if I can use the keyboard to jump to the customer by typing the frist letters of their name, a If this is a data validation dropdown, it doesn't support autocomplete. If you can use programming, there are instructions here for adding a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html nprice wrote: > I have a drop down box in my file I use to look up > custom...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

Automatic population of a field in an input form
I have been away from Access for a few years, so I am struggling with a problem which I'm sure is an easy fix. I am working with Access 2003, and my form has a field for a Customer ID number. When that number is put into the Customer ID field, the Customer Name is supposed to automatically populate the Customer Name field as soon as I tab into that field. I am working off of one table to accomplish this. Is this accomplished with the criteria section of a query, and if so, how? If now, can someone please walk me through the steps to accomplish this. OwlLover, If I unders...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

Difference between "Deposit Made" and "Dropped" in Z Report
What's the difference between "Deposit Made" and "Dropped" in the Z Report? Dropped: Amount removed for bank drop off. For security reasons, you can take some cash out of the drawer and put it in a safer place. To do this, perform a cash drop. Although the cash is no longer in your drawer, Store Operations will still include that amount in your total sales for the day. Deposit Made: Amount of deposits for layaways and work orders "RicoTowers" wrote: > What's the difference between "Deposit Made" and "Dropped" in the Z R...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

CRM 3.0 Drop Down List Attribute
Where are the 'Drop Down List' attribute options and their associated indexes stored in the CRM database (CRM 3.0)? Thanks! They are stored in the stringmap table. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx "Banner" wrote: > Where are the 'Drop Down List' attribute options and their associated indexes > stored in the CRM database (CRM 3.0)? > > Thanks! ...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

How do I get a MAC address?
Please could someone tell me the best way to get the MAC Address of a local machine? i.e. the machine of a user browsing a web page, where the webpage is run by my servers. I have had a look around and it seems to be that ActiveX and some COM calls is the only route to go but I am a rookie in this area, so any pointers/help would be greatly apprieciated. Many thanks, -Nils + The best things in life are free but then so are the worst. Here's how I do it; it should work on any platform from Win98 on: #include <iphlpapi.h> // remember to link w/ iphlpapi.lib #define...

Copy and paste recipients list into To field of new email message displays as ;
Hi all, I have the following network system. Outlook 2003 clients running over Citrix connecting to a GroupWise email server back end. If a user receives an internal email, opens it, and then tries to copy and paste the recipients list of that email shown in the To field into a new email message To field, the only thing that displays in the To field of the new message is ; ; ; ; The semi colons appear to represent the number of recipients that have been pasted in. Any ideas as to why this happens anyone ??? Ta Paul ...

How to select a particular smtp address (alias) for sending e-mail?
We are hosting multiple domains in our Exchange 2000 server because we have multiple business units. Each user has multiple smtp e-mail addresses per mailbox. For example, johnsmith@companya.com, johnsmith@companyb.com, and johnsmith@companyc.com etc. where the first one is the default address. How do we select a particular smtp e-mail address for sending e-mail? Thanks. Stanley Tang ...

Automatically Converting the contents of a CEdit field to UpperCase
Does anyone know how to automatically convert the contents of a CEdit field to UpperCase immediately before the field is read? "PeteOlcott" <PeteOlcott@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1183498520.247665.41360@n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know how to automatically convert the contents of a CEdit > field to UpperCase immediately before the field is read? > In the resource editor, click on the edit control, then go to the Properties and set the Uppercase property to True. -- David Once you have read the content of the CEdit into a CString, you ca...

Group addresses in Address Book
Group addresses adds an incorrect address and addresses formerly deleted. I can't correct it and the email won't send. I'm not sure what you are doing. If you open the Address Book | New | New Group | Select Members and choose the ones in the Address Book you want, that is all you should see. Are you doing it differently? Is this an old group? Try creating a new one. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Mack2" <Mack2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621B0FED-CD54-4634-B9E3-CDF...

create drop down list error message in a form
I need to create an error message when a ID# is not found in a drop down list on a form. Any suggestions on how I begin ? At this time when an ID is not found it brings up the 1st record in the form and not nessessarily a match. ...