Adding users to Active Directory groups

We have installed CRM 3.0 on a server using a domain admin account.
We also have a CRM Admin account on our domain that is used to
administer CRM.  This account is not a domain admin.  We ahve noticed
that when the CRM account adds a new user to CRM, the network account
gets added to the UserGroup in AD.  Can someone explain how that user
account gets added to the AD group when the CRM admin account is not a
domain admin and the site is running under Local System account?  Is
it still using the domain admin credentials that we used to install
CRM?
0
yesplease151
11/27/2007 4:15:30 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The CRM Admin account simply has rights to add users to each of the four
groups in the CRM OU

<yesplease151@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We have installed CRM 3.0 on a server using a domain admin account.
> We also have a CRM Admin account on our domain that is used to
> administer CRM.  This account is not a domain admin.  We ahve noticed
> that when the CRM account adds a new user to CRM, the network account
> gets added to the UserGroup in AD.  Can someone explain how that user
> account gets added to the AD group when the CRM admin account is not a
> domain admin and the site is running under Local System account?  Is
> it still using the domain admin credentials that we used to install
> CRM?

0
Peter
11/27/2007 6:47:16 PM
I figured it would have to, but we have never given that account
access, nor do I see any rights on those groups giving that account
access.  It would make a little more sense if we specified rights, but
CRM never even knew about the "CRM Admin" account until we set it up
as a user.  In fact, any user that is an admin in CRM has the ability
to create/add a user to CRM, which in turn gets added to the UserGroup
in AD.
0
yesplease151
11/27/2007 9:14:47 PM
These rights EITHER need to explicitly pre-exist,  OR are granted at CRM
installation time to all CRM admins by the installing user if it is a Domain
Admin (at that time)

It's all as described in the Implementation Guide

>I figured it would have to, but we have never given that account
> access, nor do I see any rights on those groups giving that account
> access.  It would make a little more sense if we specified rights, but
> CRM never even knew about the "CRM Admin" account until we set it up
> as a user.  In fact, any user that is an admin in CRM has the ability
> to create/add a user to CRM, which in turn gets added to the UserGroup
> in AD.

0
Peter
11/27/2007 10:10:58 PM
Thanks, that makes more sense.
0
yesplease151

Group Policy for Registry Permissions yielding Red X Icon on RSOP
Greetings, I'm trying to include registry permissions in my policies to lock down certain keys. Every single key I select I get a "Red X Icon" on the registry key and the error message says the following: "The policy xxxxx resulted in the following error Unknown error. Ofr more information, see %windir%\security\logs\winlogon.log on the target machine." Well winlogon.log looks perfectly fine, it isn't complaining about anything. Further, the permissions on the key did apply successfully. What gives? Hello -, Which OS version, SP/patch...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Change 'Active' Window?
I would like to change the 'active' window (from the Access DB to another application). I have Dynamics GP open and am currently using an Access DB. I would like to change the active window to GP and run a macro (if possible). Would I do this with a shell command? Any help that you can provide is welcome. Thanks. G ...

Newbie question on Admin vs Developer vs Power User
I'm learning Sharepoing/Moss now and there seems to be a definite distinction in all the course materials between Administrators/Developers/Power Users They seem to make a big point about identifying 'power users' in different sections of the work environment to handle a lot of the stuff, but then again, all the tasks seem to blur from one role to the other - and, if you gave enough of the tasks over to the 'Power users', as they call them, it seems to take away from the other roles. Now, maybe I've never worked in a business enterprise that's big enoug...

Deleted User, Lost License
I accidentally deleted a user from Active Directory prior to removing their CRM license, and now CRM will not let me remove the license for that user because the user no longer exists. Anyone know how I can reclaim the orphaned license? Thanks, -Jeff Hi Jeff One solution is this: -Open Deployment Manager and go to License Manager -Remove your CRM License -Add you CRM License back -Open CRM and assign License to all users who need them Regards Dan "JeffW" wrote: > I accidentally deleted a user from Active Directory prior to removing their > CRM license, and now CRM w...

group permissions
Users that are members of groups are unable to open other user's mailboxes. I have checked that the user is a member of the group. I have checked that the group has full mailbox rights for the mailboxes being accessed. For some reason exchange is not allowing access to the mailboxes unless I add the user to each mailbox permissions tab in AD. Any ideas? Thanks El ...

Multiple Users
Let's say I buy merchandise for 1 department. I have dozens of users (for different departments), who import data (using a form) from 1 source database (in which they do not see). Upon importing the source data (their department info), they manipulate it, then delete the relevant old data in the source, and replace it with the newly manipulated data. My question is: Is there any chance of data deletion with multiple users hitting the source at the same time? Meaning, if I am only deleting and replacing MY department, it shouldn't affect other data in the table? We&...

index_files : Directory Publishing Problem
Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300 times) This is getting annoying. How do I make publisher do it right? The other things is it puts all my files in www.a45.i8.com/index_files instead of using the root path of www.a45.i8.com. Please help this is getting bad! Adam6979 wrote: > Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the > index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300 > times) This is getting annoying. Ho...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

??WINDOWS 7 Discussion Groups
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Is for XP microsoft.public.windows.vista.general Is for Vista Which Group us is for 7 Microsoft is transitioning from newsgroups to the new web-based forums. For Windows 7, please see: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 BoazBoaz wrote: > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general > > Is for XP > > microsoft.public.windows.vista.general > > Is for Vista > > Which Group us is for 7 On 8/1/2010 1:56 AM, BoazBoaz wrote: > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general > >...

Display in groups
Hello We are recently changed to outlook 2003 for our default mail program. This newer version always displays mail in groups. (Today, previous week, previous month, etc.) If you don't want that you can disable this option in the menu view, but if we disable this option and restart outlook it is displayed in groups again. Does anybody has an idea how to defently set this option disabled? Maybe a setting in the registry? Kind regards Erwin See the answer to one of your posts in other newsgroups. Do NOT multipost! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of...

Error when add New User #2
Hi, dont know when it happened. When I add new user to production MSCRM 4, there is an error message (An error Has occurred.....). However, when I try to add this user to my test CRM, it can successfully add without any problem. Both servers are running the same spec and version. I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs. Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. I have even run the repair but effort is all wasted. Please He...

grouping in Excel Pivot table
currently i am using pivot table to calculate the grand total for ageing day in my report. The ageing day are 1, 2, 3 to 6 days and > 6 days that i want to group together. In pivot table, it can only able to calculate the grand total like total ageing for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.... and go on. Is there any way that pivot table will do what i want or you guys can suggest any other method? I am aware of group function in pivot table but it cannot suit my needs. Thanks Lim Heng Sin All sorts of data can be analysed by adding another column to the base data and using the new field in ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Money 2004 Deluxe and multiple network users
Is MS Money 2005 now "network aware"? In other words, can I set up a money file so that two users can access it across a home network without worrying about whether or not the other user is already in the file, thus causing corruption? I did a quick test which would suggest yes, but I want to triple check. Here's what I did: 1. Copied my money file to a safe location 2. Opened it on one computer (A) 3. Walked to another computer (B), opened it there as well 4. Opened A to Home page. 5. Opened B to Home page, then went to downloaded statements and accepted some transaction. 6. O...

Association an Activity to an Account AND a Contact.
Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact and an Account? Yes, except for tasks. With the others you can use Regarding for the Account and the Contact would be in the Recipient field. If there is a "JMC" <JMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51AC9E41-31C6-44A7-AEC9-CBD40A330231@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact > and an Account? ...

Moving User from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I built an exchange 2003 server on win3k platform and it is coexisting with exchange 5.5. i also moved few users from 5.5 to 2003. Now i am moving a user who has a big mailbox 796,269kb. its been running 1 horu and 48 min. from past 30 min it is saying "saving changes to the directory". and its 100%. can any one tell me is it normal or its an indication of a problem. thanks -- Curious MCSE, CCNP Curious wrote: > I built an exchange 2003 server on win3k platform and it is coexisting with > exchange 5.5. i also moved few users from 5.5 to 2003. Now i am moving a > use...

Adding alternate columns

Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'
Hi, I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my Money 2003 Deluxe: "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'". I checked the folder mentioned and my WinXP user account has the privilges on that folder (as it is supposed to have). How I can solve it? Thank in advance. Di Fresco Marco > I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my > Money 2003 Deluxe: > "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and > Settings\[USER]\Local...