Adding two fields together

Does anyone have a solution how can I manage the following:

Basic setup: Custom entity with many nvarchar attributes.
I created a custom view and selected a filter and the fields I want to
have. (I need to export those to Excel-sheet)
The problem is that lets say I have attributes A and B, which are
ofcourse shown as different fields in the view. What I want is to have
them in the same cell in Excel (when I do export) and not in two
different columns.

Is there any easy way to achieve this without touching the entity
itself? (or do I have to create a custom attribute C and some java
script OnSave that combines A and B to C at entity level?)

Thank you,
Summer
0
summerdire
12/10/2007 12:40:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Summer,

Creating a custom attribute and using JScript would help, but have you
considered that excel spreadsheet be created with an SRS report that you
could create a subscription to that concatenates the fields for you? I've set
up reports that drive a spreadsheet that drives a word mail merge...

Michael

"summerdire@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Does anyone have a solution how can I manage the following:
>
> Basic setup: Custom entity with many nvarchar attributes.
> I created a custom view and selected a filter and the fields I want to
> have. (I need to export those to Excel-sheet)
> The problem is that lets say I have attributes A and B, which are
> ofcourse shown as different fields in the view. What I want is to have
> them in the same cell in Excel (when I do export) and not in two
> different columns.
>
> Is there any easy way to achieve this without touching the entity
> itself? (or do I have to create a custom attribute C and some java
> script OnSave that combines A and B to C at entity level?)
>
> Thank you,
> Summer

Thanks Michael,

I created several custom attributes, brought them into form and made onLoad
script to hide them again. Thatway I make onSave calculations that added the
fields together. Not pretty but works. I didn't go to report solution cause I
don't have that much experience in SQL Reporting services. As a matter a
fact, I'm struckling even as we speak with the SSRS since it won't show any
reports.

Just gives an error to the CRM user that error occured. SPN's and
delegations should be configured correcly and CRM and SSRS are running on
different servers.
I've read dozens of blogs and web sites today to resolve this, but in vain.

"bayareacrm" wrote:

> Hi Summer,
>
> Creating a custom attribute and using JScript would help, but have you
> considered that excel spreadsheet be created with an SRS report that you
> could create a subscription to that concatenates the fields for you? I've set
> up reports that drive a spreadsheet that drives a word mail merge...
>
> Michael
>
> "summerdire@hotmail.com" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have a solution how can I manage the following:
> >
> > Basic setup: Custom entity with many nvarchar attributes.
> > I created a custom view and selected a filter and the fields I want to
> > have. (I need to export those to Excel-sheet)
> > The problem is that lets say I have attributes A and B, which are
> > ofcourse shown as different fields in the view. What I want is to have
> > them in the same cell in Excel (when I do export) and not in two
> > different columns.
> >
> > Is there any easy way to achieve this without touching the entity
> > itself? (or do I have to create a custom attribute C and some java
> > script OnSave that combines A and B to C at entity level?)
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Summer

0
Summer (4)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Possiblity of Two X Axis Graph
I need to compare 2008 sales against 2009 sales side by side in asingle graph. My data is given below PERIOD-09 Jan 09 Feb 09 Mar 09 Apr 09 SALES-09 2500 2550 2230 3100 PERIOD-08 Jan 08 Feb 08 Mar 08 Apr 08 SALES-08 1900 1990 2301 2900 Any solution? Fowmy Add a helper column and just display month =MONTH(SerialDate) Use that for the X axis. That may be the easiest way assuming you are only looking at a calendar year. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Fowmy" wrote: > I need to compare 2008 sales against 2009 sales side by side in asingle graph. > My data is given below...

two domains in one outlook profile
Hey, Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have their FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By default, when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com. Is there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when they need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees ...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Help in Query with two condition
hello all, I have a table like this: Planner Qty User6 CUT SUB BAM-06 1 CONC Yes No BAM-06 1 CONC No Yes BAM-06 1 TOC Yes No BAM-06 1 TOC No Yes BAM-06 1 TACT Yes No BAM-06 1 TACT No Yes JAXM-06 1 CONC Yes No JAXM-06 1 CONC No Yes JAXM-06 1 TOC Yes No JAXM-06 1 TOC No Yes JAXM-06 1 TACT Yes No JAXM-06 1 TACT No Yes Note: CUT and SUB are check box I want a result as follow: User6 A B C D E F CONC 2 2 1 1 1 1 TACT 2 2 1 1 1 1 TOC 2 2 1 1 1 1 WHERE: A SUM Qty =BAM-06 B SUM Qty =JAXM-06 C SUM Qty =BAM-06 if Cut=YES D SUM Qty =JAXM-06 if Cut=YES E SUM Qty =BAM-06 if SUB=YES F SUM Qty =JAXM-06 i...

How-to hide comment field on Invoices
For one of our customers, we needed a way of classifying items which are Urgent in need to make sure our warehouse ships them out as soon as they are received. The only way field that would work is the 'Comment ID' field which can be found in the 'Sales Item Detail Entry' window. I then modified the related smartlist report to use this field and life was good.. until we printed invoices. On the Invoice, for every 'Urgent' item, a blank line appears after it. With more than one 'urgent' item on the same Invoice, it makes for an odd/unprofessional looking Invoice...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Criteria Parameter in query for two fields: help
I have a form that utilizes two contact lists in separate combo boxes to illustrate projects that multiple people have worked on. I am trying to make it so that a report will illustrate the associated data based on these contacts. The selection will be based on either one contact (from either list) or both. Whereby on selection, the report will generate the associated data based on these user names. How would I go about creating a parameter in the query so that it will limit the content to reflect either contact list or a combination of the two? I am a beginner to Acc...

Print two sheets in Excel
Can I print two sheets in Excel 97? Thanks. Emece, If you mean print them as one print job (consecutive page numbers, etc), you can select the two sheets (use the Ctrl key when clicking the second sheet tab). Then use File - Print - Active sheets. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Emece" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174ad01c448cc$16656ad0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can I print two sheets in Excel 97? > > Thanks. > > ...

Adding alternate columns

bcc and attachment fields
Is there a way to make the bcc and attachments fields always show up at the top of a new email under the To: , CC:, and Subject fields??? Thanks are you meaning that attachments will not show in the body? I am looking for that answer too. -- Dave M Radeon 9800Pro 256mb P4 2.8 oc to 3.1 "sendhost3000" <sendhost3000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYXGYYYxDHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make the bcc and attachments fields always show up at the > top of a new email under the To: , CC:, and Subject fields??? > > Thanks > > -----= ...

Filter for two columns
I have two columns Purchased Date and Depreciation Start Date. Can anyone help me to get the records with Depreciation Start Date greater than Purchased Date. Thanks Hi, sort with two conditions, highlight both columns, 1st condition Depreciation in descending order and as a 2nd condition Purchased in ascending order if this was helpful please say yes "Vadivu" wrote: > I have two columns Purchased Date and Depreciation Start Date. Can anyone > help me to get the records with Depreciation Start Date greater than > Purchased Date. > Thanks Use a helper col. As...

delete first two words in a cell
hi, can someone tell me how i manage to delete the first two words in cell? eg. July 24: info prodid4775 gorass andreas -should become- info prodid4775 gorass andreas or is it possible to extract every word beginning at the third one? i was playing around with some code i found at excel tip: =IF(ISERR(FIND(" ",A1)),A1,LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)) it is supposed to extract the first word of A1. for some reason i only get an error message. i am working with excel 2002. hope someone can help me out greetz f -- flashing fran ------------------------------------------------...

Adding fields from a different query

Write XML with all columns/fields
Hi all, I am doing a windows mobile project that uses ASP.NET web services. Web service returns dataset-s that are pulled from database and later saved on local mobile storage (write XML). On client (WM 6.1) program loads dataset (read XML and read XML schema) when needed. User can insert/aappend new records. My problem occures when some data fileds are empty... default method WriteXML, on client side, does not create XML nodes for empty fields/columns. Than when you are trying to reference some field value that was empty, you get exception. Is there any property or method o...

How do I get two sets of contacts in Outlook
I want to dump all my Act! contacts into a seperate database of contacts that is different from my current contacts in Outlook 2003. How do I do this?? Thanks in advance! You can create a separate folder for for the new contacts, or you put them in the main Contacts folder and use categories or some other criteria to group or filter the Act contacts when needed. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:7EC0E28A-4F04-445E-9C31-560D203988CA@microsoft.com, ...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

pivot refresh clears pivot fields?
Observation: One file opened in Excel 2002 SP2 has no problem, when opened in Excell SP-3 the pivot fields (columns) are cleared when the pivot tabel is being refreshed either manually or by a macro. Does anyone have a tip to avoid this behaviour? ...