Adding text to a form

I tried to find an answer today but I could not

I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want
to use popups I jest want to put a text in the bottom of the form

How do I do this?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I had the same problem - I ended up creating a section to use that as my
static text.  You would think there would be a better solution that that, but
I could not find any.

"stella7113" wrote:

> I tried to find an answer today but I could not
>

> I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want
> to use popups I jest want to put a text in the bottom of the form
>
> How do I do this?

0
RDunlap (22)
7/8/2008 1:26:01 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_56B54D95

Hi all,

Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support.

I am sorry but I don't know the way to achieve this. Please post this to
develop newsgroup since SDK may achieve this.

1.  MSDN newsgroups
      http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp

2.  Public newsgroups for peer experiences and recommendations:
     microsoft.public.

Kind Regards,
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_56B54D95

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg932\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1041{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1041\f0\fs20
\par Hi all,
\par
\par Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support.
\par
\par I am sorry but I don't know the way to achieve this. Please post this to develop newsgroup since SDK may achieve this.
\par
\par 1.  MSDN newsgroups
\par       http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp
\par
\par 2.  Public newsgroups for peer experiences and recommendations:
\par      microsoft.public.
\par
\par Kind Regards,
\par Ken
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_56B54D95--

0
kenakamu (203)
7/9/2008 3:14:46 AM

"RDunlap" wrote:

> I had the same problem - I ended up creating a section to use that as my
> static text.  You would think there would be a better solution that that, but
> I could not find any.
>
> "stella7113" wrote:
>
> > I tried to find an answer today but I could not
> >

> > I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want
> > to use popups I jest want to put a text in the bottom of the form
> >
> > How do I do this?

This can easily be done using an IFRAME. You can add an IFrame and set
static/HTML content. You can also set the content using Javascript if
it needs to be dynamic.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks,
Maruf

RDunlap wrote:
> I had the same problem - I ended up creating a section to use that as my
> static text.  You would think there would be a better solution that that, but
> I could not find any.
>
> "stella7113" wrote:
>
> > I tried to find an answer today but I could not
> >

> > I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want
> > to use popups I jest want to put a text in the bottom of the form
> >
> > How do I do this?

Seperating text/Numbers
Fantastic , thanks, that has done the tric -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27112 ...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Text to Column #4
Hello, I have the following text in column A, which is one line: :! 10428712 ! NAME LASTNAME ! 20092004 ! 00458921 ! PMIAVW ! Is it possible with a VBA macro to create a column everytime there's "!" and to delete ":" Thanks for any help, You're going to have to find out what those characters are. I like Chip Pearson's addin: CellView http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm to tell me those funny characters. Then you could use a macro to clean them up: Option Explicit Sub cleanEmUp() Dim myBadChars As Variant Dim iCtr As Lon...

ADDING A NUMBER

When adding attachments...

Count cells that Contain text
Is there a way in excel to count the number of cells in a colum tha contain a specific piece of text, e.g. "ACT" I know that I can use the countif or sumproduct functions to coun cells which *only* contain "ACT" but I need to count the number o cells in a column which countain ACT but may also contain other text a well. You can manually do it using autofilters but I need to count it using formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ta And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(Range,"*ACT*") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private...

Using Concatenate function to generate text in Text Box
I would like to have a text box on my chart, whose text is generated by concatenating the values from two different cells (B4 and B6) on a specific worksheet in my Excel file. I was able to use a reference to cell B4 to generate the text for my text box using the following formula: ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 However, when I try to enter either of the following formulas for the text box text: =concatenate('SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4, 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6) ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 & 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6 I get the error message "The text you entered is not a valid refe...

adding new records

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages.
How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages. -- "J. J." JDJ <jj@invalid.invalid> wrote: > How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in > incoming HTML messages. I would think that the sender controls the text size for incoming HTML messages. -- Brian Tillman On the View Drop Down of an open message window there is a Text Size menu bar which when you mouse on it gives you 5 choices. I just want it to default to largest so I don't have to go through that with each new message I read. ...

Validating data in a subform against data in main form
I have a main form with a subform. Each form is bound to its own table but are linked through a primary key (customerID). On the main form, I have a customer's date of birth (dob). On the subform, I have the customrer's date of order (doo). Basically, I want to validate that the date of order entered by the user is later than the date of birth. How can I do this? I tried to do it in the subform's BeforeUpdate event but it failed. It didn't seem to recognize dob (customer's date of birth). Perhaps, I was not referring to dob properly. I'm new to ...

Adding alternate columns

Copy Data From Main To Sub Form
Hi everyone! Using A02 on XP. I have a main form [ICSUpgrade2008MainForm] with some data on it that I would like to copy down to my subform [ICSUpgrade2008SubForm] when I click a button on the subform. The Main Form field is: [Forms]![ICSUpgrade2008MainForm]![Trustee] and the Sub Form field is [Forms]![ICSUpgrade2008SubForm]![ContactName]. I want to copy the name from [Trustee] to [ContactName]. I've played with me.contactname = and can't figure out the mainform field. Do I have to create an unbound field on my subform to = the mainform field and copy that way? Seems a b...

Special Text...
How do I create the Registered symbol (R with a circle around it), within my text? Thanks, RAB_Missouri left Alt + 0174 � Otherwise, help us help you, state the meanings of "create" and "text". "RAB_Missouri" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c9aa6a3f.0406021701.3bd1bf9d@posting.google.com... > How do I create the Registered symbol (R with a circle around it), within my text? > > Thanks, > RAB_Missouri � Alt+0174 if you enter via kbd Look at Programs/Accessories/SystemTools/CharacterMap (if u have it installed) ...

Text area rendering
I have a word template email that I have created in Word 2000 that contains a text area (white box with scroll bar to enter text into). When I send this all service providers have no problems rendering it and allowing the user to add information to the box when they reply to the message. The only issue I'm having is with Outlook 2000, and it just started today. When I choose reply in the email with the text area and double click on the text area, it moves the cursor inside of the text box like it should. Now, in the past (5 days ago) and with online providers I can then type into the box. ...

TEXT(date)?
As you know, the function =DATEVALUE("8/22/2008") produces a date from its corresponding text representation. I want to go the OTHER way. That is, I want to take a date and produce its text representation (I'll settle for any reasonable format). How might I go about doing that? Thanks, John Your answer is in your question!! try: =TEXT(TODAY(),"dd-mm-yy") or any other reasonable date-style format -- Gary's Student "JMF" wrote: > As you know, the function > > =DATEVALUE("8/22/2008") > > produces a date from its corr...

Adding fields from a different query

Change default font for text boxes in Publisher
Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft Publisher fo all publications? Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "JennyN" <JennyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927C7AFC-F92D-419F-B49E-DA5B444956E1@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

Why does everything on a pageprint except for what is in the text
Using Publisher 2002, when I copy a page from one file, then open a new document and paste that page into the new document, everything appears on the page except what is in the text boxes (this is a newsletter). It is only affecting one page, all other text boxes appear & print. Is your text box underneath something, like a border? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ATA" <ATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9751866F-DDEF-49C1-A92C-8CEAADA427ED@microsoft.com... > Using Publisher 2002, when I copy a page from one file, then open a new &g...