Adding tabs to a form

Hi all!

What happens if I add a lot of new tabs to a form, say the Incident form?
Will there be a kind of slide bar or something when I deploy the
customization, in order to reach the tabs at the most right? Is there a
limit in the number of tabs we can add to a form?

Thanks in advance!
Mathieu.

0
Mathieu
6/27/2005 5:30:22 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Mathieu,
There is a limit of 8 tabs.  During my testing, I did not see a scroll
bar for the tabs appear. Looks like you need some brevity with tab
names...  HTH,

Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Main #: 971-327-6944

To download a fully functional trial version of VAST, the Visionary
Audit System Tools for Microsoft CRM, visit
http://www.vscrm.com/trial.htm
Partners, be sure to come by booth #806 at the WPC to see our new VAST
Insights historical data query tool in action!

0
Dave
6/27/2005 10:01:36 PM
Thanks a lot for this information, Dave. It'll help me with my
customization. :)

Mathieu.

"Dave Carr (dave- no spam-@vscrm.com" <dave@vscrm.com> a �crit dans le
message de news: 1119909696.553939.184620@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Mathieu,
> There is a limit of 8 tabs.  During my testing, I did not see a scroll
> bar for the tabs appear. Looks like you need some brevity with tab
> names...  HTH,
>
> Dave

> David L. Carr, President
> Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
> Main #: 971-327-6944
>
> To download a fully functional trial version of VAST, the Visionary
> Audit System Tools for Microsoft CRM, visit
> http://www.vscrm.com/trial.htm
> Partners, be sure to come by booth #806 at the WPC to see our new VAST
> Insights historical data query tool in action!

0
Mathieu

Powerpoint VBA textbox tab order
Hi all I have a powerpoint presentation with a number of textboxes on each slide. I would like to be able to setup a tab order for these. I am used to using this sub in excel (on keydown) If KeyCode = 9 Then TextBox2.Activate End If However it seems that the powerpoint textboxes don't have an activate method. Any ideas? Thanks -Bob Do you mean a standard textbox shape in PowerPoint, or a VBA textbox control? If you mean the latter, it has a .setFocus method, but I don't think it's available outside of a UserForm. "Bob Fishel&qu...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Is it possible to add data to only one 1 tab of a multi-tab form
Hi I have created a multi-tab form (there are 7 tabs in all). Is it possible to set the form up in such a way that not all forms are updated at the same time? For instance, one of the forms is Contact information and another is personal information. For one student, the contact information was updated on the Monday and the personal infomration on Tuesday but there are for the same student. Thank you advance for your help. ...

pop-up form/message box problem
I have a main form where records are entered; in one field users select from a list of citations, if they type something that's not on the list, a message box pops up asking if they'd like to add the new citation, when they click "yes" the pop-up form where they enter the citation information opens, no problem. HOWEVER, if they close the pop-up form without entering any data the default Access message " The text you entered isn't an item in the list." appears. How do I prevent that from happening? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmon...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

How to set Tab Stop order programmatically?
Hi there, In a dialog, there are three controls: A, B, and C, the tab stop order is A -> B -> C, it is set in the design time. My question is how to change this order when the program is running, like change to A -> C -> B. Thanks in advance Vincent "Vincent" <msdn@cwbsupport.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:%23Utp8rC5DHA.2760@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > In a dialog, there are three controls: A, B, and C, the tab stop order is > A -> B -> C, it is set in the design time. My question is how to change this > order when the program...

When adding attachments...

Indexed Tab Template
I am looking for a tutorial on how to create a PP template with tabs. The PPT when played, looks like a website with a navigation bar. ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Validating data in a subform against data in main form
I have a main form with a subform. Each form is bound to its own table but are linked through a primary key (customerID). On the main form, I have a customer's date of birth (dob). On the subform, I have the customrer's date of order (doo). Basically, I want to validate that the date of order entered by the user is later than the date of birth. How can I do this? I tried to do it in the subform's BeforeUpdate event but it failed. It didn't seem to recognize dob (customer's date of birth). Perhaps, I was not referring to dob properly. I'm new to ...

Adding fields from a different query

Open tab separated textfile in UTF-8.
Is it possible for Excel (any version) to open a tab separated text file saved in UTF-8 encoding? I have big problems showing swedish characters like ��� in Excel. If i open the text file in notepad and saves as Unicode (not sure what Unicode means here but I guess it is UTF-16...) Excel seems to present characters correct. Regards /Hans Hi Hans, in fact I'm not good at UTF things but I know Excel can export UTF.-8 text as an HTML file. From the main menu, select Tools > Options > General > Web Options > Encoding. In Save this document as: combobox, you can select UTF-8. Af...

null default values on a form
Hi, bet this question has been asked before: i have created a form so a user can add new records and edit existing ones. For editing purposes my form also has a search drop down by a record number. When i open the form it always shows me the first record from the table, but i just want it to be copmletely blank until a user choses his record for editing. If i change Form properties (Data Entry =Yes) it works but Search function does not work at all. Thanks Mike "Mikhail Bogorad" <mikhail.bogorad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:435afcee-9744-4f5e-8f95-232efa00c...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

How to filter listbox data in a form?
A Form contains Filter dropdown for Year selection and a list box. How to filter listbox data based on selected year. Any helps or thoughts could be appreciated. Advnaced Thanks ~Vins Check your other post. Vinod wrote: > > A Form contains Filter dropdown for Year selection and a list box. How to > filter listbox data based on selected year. > > Any helps or thoughts could be appreciated. > > Advnaced Thanks > ~Vins -- Dave Peterson ...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

Excel Form Tools
Does anyone know how to use the List Index Property so that I can return the values to a cell from the Form Toolbars Drop Down Box instead of an index number *****Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum & Business Software***** Clare, say the list is in c1:c8 and that the cell link (index)is in d1. now in e1 put this formula. =INDEX(C1:C8,D1) Hope it helps, Cesar Zapata Clare Lang wrote: > Does anyone know how to use the List Index Property so that I can return > the values to a cell from the Form Toolbars Drop Down Box ...