Adding Caller Name/Contact to Case Screen

For the service side of CRM. When a customer calls in, I
want our CSR's to ask account name, once they get the acct
name chosen and associated with the ticket, I want a
pulldown list of available or known contacts valid for
that customer account.  How would you all recommend going
about accomplishing this? Is there something easy I am
missing?  Any specific examples?

Thanks In Advance,

Jim
0
Jim
12/11/2003 3:52:25 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

#NAME
I have a UDF that takes an argument: Function func( Optional s1 As String ) If s1 = "A" Then func = 10 Else func = 20 End If End Function In a workbook, A B 1 A =ROUND(func(A1)/10, 2) The value in B1 is 1.00. I saved the workbook, and re-opened in automatic calculation mode. As soon as I changed the content of A1 to B, value in B1 was changed to #NAME. Anyone knows why? Teresa Terasa Excel looks for functions were it expects them so it takes a while to recognise the function in a workbook. You can always press F9 to calculate the wo...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Contacts
Is there a way to create a household contact For example, I have one common home phone number, email address, and street address for a couple in my contact list. I would like to enter individual names and birthday dates but only one anniversary date and have all dates show up on my calendar If possible, can this idea be expanded to childrens names and birthdays fo rthe same household? ...

rename invalid sheet name from access 97 report to Excel 2002
When I export a file from Access 97, my only choice is to export to Excel 97. I then open that file, with excel 2002, and I get an error message the the sheet had an invalid name and had to be renamed, but there is no apparent difference in the the name "Sheet1" in excel 97 or "sheet1" in Excel 2002. (I can find NO conversion sw, or find any way to "add to" my file types list. I am forced to use Access 97 with the office 2002 suite for now) Any Ideas on what is causing this? DLS 99 Can you open the file in xl97 to see what the sheet name is/was? Or do ...

ADDING A NUMBER

View to show Cases not assigned to Queues
I would like to create a View under the Case module to show which Cases are not Assigned to any Queue. Is there a way I can accomplish that ? There does not seem to be something in the Case record to identify if it is linked to a Queue or not. Suggestions are welcome Regards Nicos Papaioannou yeah i need this also. Just posting so if someone helps i'll be notified. "papaioannoun@dotcy.com.cy" wrote: > I would like to create a View under the Case module to show which Cases > are not Assigned to any Queue. Is there a way I can accomplish that ? > There does not seem...

adding new records

Position screen at end of macro
2nd attempt - sorry if it has already shown up somewhere. I've searched & can't find. So far, at the end of a macro I've been sending the cursor across to various columns and back to position the screen. Its a bit clumsy, and of course when you work between different sized computer monitors it doesn't work the same. Is there a quick way to position a particular cell at top left of screen - and perhaps on a separate occasion a particular cell at bottom right? Thanks. ...

When adding attachments...

windows xp file name convertion question
I have windows xp and office xp professonal. I have several folders with many many files in them. Is there anyway I can import the file names, not the files themselves into excel. You can use code like this Here is a macro example from Dave Peterson Try it in a new workbook Change the folder myPath = "c:\data" Sub testme() Dim myFiles() As String Dim fCtr As Long Dim myFile As String Dim myPath As String 'change to point at the folder to check myPath = "c:\data" If Right(myPath, 1) <> "\" Then myPath = myPath &am...

Sorting in the leads screen
I really need to make the sorting come from a different primary key in the dbase. Looks like in the leads screen it comes from the primary key LeadID. Can I change it to company name ? Right now you cannot change this core functionality. The best thing would be to create a custom lead view page using the SDK -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP "debbie" <debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b0f901c46829$50199c20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I really need to make the sorting come from a different > primary key in the dbase. Looks like in the leads s...

showing several sheet names at once
hi everybody there, I have a workbook containing multibple worksheet said 35 sheet. I want to see all of them at a timem so dont bother myself scrolling across them. thanks in advance afshar You would have to create a new window for each sheet in the workbook and then tile the windows. I'm not sure that is very practical but if you want to see what it looks like run this macro: Sub WindowForEachSheet() Dim WS As Worksheet For Each WS In Worksheets ActiveWindow.NewWindow WS.Activate Next Windows(1).Close Windows.Arrange xlArrangeStyleTiled End Sub...

Sort by: Site ID/Item Number/Bin for Stock Count Entry Screen
Would like an additional sort selection in the Stock Count Entry Screen. Sort by: Site ID/Item Number/Bin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7e69d84a-032e-4f61...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Association an Activity to an Account AND a Contact.
Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact and an Account? Yes, except for tasks. With the others you can use Regarding for the Account and the Contact would be in the Recipient field. If there is a "JMC" <JMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51AC9E41-31C6-44A7-AEC9-CBD40A330231@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact > and an Account? ...

Cases and IncidentEntryActivity ?
In the Deployment manager, I see a schema called IncidentEntryActivity, but I cant find how this schema is related to cases (incidents) or activities. Looking at the attributes it seems to be exactely what I was trying to create with custom fields in Incidents. Does anyone know, if this is a form and where it is linked to? You will find a lot of tables in Deplyment Manager that are not present in the app or accessible via the SDK. most of these are holdovers from features that were de-scoped late in the dev cycle. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- --...

Adding alternate columns

Contacts are missing when I click To, CC, or BCC buttons
My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in Outlook and when I start to type the address, my choices come up. But when I click To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank. "Pyrate63" <Pyrate63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:704AD8A0-D531-41ED-9FD8-9273F90E4F2D@microsoft.com... > My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in > Outlook > and when I start to type the address, my choices come up. But when I > click > To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank. Version of Outlook? How did you transfer y...

Adding fields from a different query

Contacts list, what is the best way?
I have a customer whom is running SBS 2003. They would like to setup a global contacts list that all authenticated users can add to and modify. This list must be available to everyone; Using Outlook 2003 internally. Using Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP. Using OWA. What is the best solution here? Should I create a new global list under all users? Should I create a contacts list in public folders? Thanks in advance, Tony You'll probably need to look into this tool: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272198/en-us Nue "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

How do I get two sets of contacts in Outlook
I want to dump all my Act! contacts into a seperate database of contacts that is different from my current contacts in Outlook 2003. How do I do this?? Thanks in advance! You can create a separate folder for for the new contacts, or you put them in the main Contacts folder and use categories or some other criteria to group or filter the Act contacts when needed. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:7EC0E28A-4F04-445E-9C31-560D203988CA@microsoft.com, ...