Add Lookup Fields to Entity

I need to add 4 "technical contact" fields (which would lookup the Contact
entity) to the CONTRACT form.

Is this possible?  I've found it difficult to figure out what to do first.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon
0
Pezman (1)
12/13/2007 4:11:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Not possible.  You cant have multiple lookups for the same entity.
You also cannot create new relationships between two system entitites.
This will work in 4.0
0
goodrichn (11)
12/13/2007 6:29:06 PM
Not possible, Pezman. N:M relationships are not possible in 3.0 yet.

There is a alternative solution: a new entity to act as an N:M relationship.
In your case, Contract/Contact. This entity has two 1:N relationships (one
with contract and one with contacts). Besides it can have a modifier to
specify the role played by each contact in the selected contract.

This slows the navigation through the application, but it's the only
solution we've found to support something similar to multiple relations.

Hope it helps.

"Pezman" <Pezman@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:DFC6486C-3B4A-4719-9B22-CA23795A6ABF@microsoft.com...
> I need to add 4 "technical contact" fields (which would lookup the Contact
> entity) to the CONTRACT form.
>
> Is this possible?  I've found it difficult to figure out what to do first.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Brandon

Excel Add Ins

table lookup
My head hurts from trying to figure out how to do this. I want to specify a row title in which to find the closest number specified. For example, if my row titles are W,X,Y,Z....maybe I would specify 5.5 in row X. The value returned should be 6. W 3 5 7 X 2 4.5 6 Y 1 1.5 3 Z 0 1 2.5 Thanks, Assuming your data in A1:D4 =MIN(IF((A1:A4="x")*(B1:D4>=5.5),B1:D4)) ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter "engineer" wrote: > My head hurts from trying to figure out how to do this. I want to specify a > row title in which to find the closest n...

Lookup help
when i do a lookup and i type a number to find that deoen't exsit in th table it still retruns a value to the nearest number i want it to sho N/A instead. thanks for any info -- wally020 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wally0206's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1499 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26615 This should help. Scroll down about 2/3 of the document http://www.uncc.edu/SYSDEV/HowTos/Excel/Using%20VLookup.htm Judy Freed Systems Development "wally...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

find maximum of two values in an array with same lookup value
Table containing team names and members of teams of two and their scores in a number of competitions. Require to return the highest scorer for each team. Can use vlookup to return one of the records for a team though not necessarily the team member with highest score. Can't sort the array by descending order of points scored because the highest scorere for any given team will not be the same in every competition. Could probably think of a way of doing this by writing some VBA but if anyone can think of some way of avoiding that.....all ideas welcome How is the data listed in th...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Format text to add character

Use Parameter Data to populate a form field
I am trying to figure out how to take the data I enter from a parameter query to populate a field on a form. Include the parameter(s) as a computed column(s) in the query, e.g. PARAMETERS [Enter start date:] DATETIME, [Enter end date:] DATETIME; SELECT SomeField, SomeOtherField, [Enter start date:] AS StartDate, [Enter end date:] AS EndDate FROM SomeTable WHERE DateField BETWEEN [Enter start date:] AND [Enter end date:]; In the above example you can then bind text box controls on the form to the StartDate and EndDate fields. Ken Sheridan Stafford, England JudyKemp w...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

Macro to change pivot field with latest value 03-01-10
This is a re-post as my questions hasn't been answered by anyone... Hi there and thank you in advance for any help. I have written a macro that changes (hides / shows) fields on a pivot table. One of these changes the field used for the page fields section of the pivot table. However, when i add a field to this section, it defaults to All. How can have this field default to the latest value in this field. Let me explain further: I want the pivot to be shown either by date or by week. The macro then changes the page field section to show either the date or week field. If ...

Populating existing data into a new lookup attribute
Hi, I have created a new lookup attribute called 'Primary Contact' by creating a custom entity and creating a relationship. This works fine, I am able to see the lookup attribute when I add it to a form. The problem is that I am trying to populate the lookup attribute with data that is already used in an entity called Contacts. I can't seem to find a way of doing this. I only seem to be able to add new Primary Contacts manually, by clicking the new button on the menu bar. Seems pointless to do this when I already have the data in the Contacts entity. Is anyone able to help me ...

Copy Pivot calculated field to another pivot
Hi all, I am not very familiar with pivot tables in excel. but I have to re-create a pivot table report by selecting the data from a database. I wanted to know if it is possible to copy over the calculated fields from the existing pivot report to the new one. There are a lot of formulas and quite a few pivot report that need to be re-created. the field names are same. Any suggestions will be greatlly appreciated. Thanks, HD ...

Lookup and count
What i want to do is lookup on sheet2 column N and if it is the same as sheet1 column A add it up at the same time as sheet2 column E has a specific wording. EG Sheet 2 will have many entries of Jaco Jacobs under column N Sheet 2 will also have many entries for Service Desk as well as others in column E Sheet 1 will need to count all values that are both Jaco Jacobs under N and Service Desk under E and return the value. Please advise if this does not made sense. Regards Jaco Jacobs =SUMPRODUC(--(N2:N200="Jaco Jacobs"),--(E2:E200="Service Desk")) -- HTH Bob ...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...