add custom page to settings

I want to add to setting my custom deveoped aspx form.I need to change
ISV.config file.What section should be updated?
P.S.
The solution can be to add custom entity and use IFRAME.But I would
like another clean,just to add link to external app with ICON on
settings page.
Thanks

0
is_vlb50
9/5/2006 6:59:16 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi

I got some other option without changing the isv.config file....
This way u can integrate your web application in the settings page as a link
...the way u want it to integrate....

Like Consider this is the path where your CRM is installed...
C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM

Just go to this location..
C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb\Tools

n find map_xml.aspx

View the structure of this file and place your link there......

The code is as follows......

<page id="1009">
<title>Create Account Link</title>
<icon>_imgs/ico_business.gif</icon>
<help>Web Application</help>
<link inline="1">http://localhost/pass_url_to_crm/WebForm1.aspx</link>
</page>

This will place an icon for your web application........

Thanks
Sourab Gupta

"is_vlb50@hotmail.com" wrote:

> I want to add to setting my custom deveoped aspx form.I need to change
> ISV.config file.What section should be updated?
> P.S.
> The solution can be to add custom entity and use IFRAME.But I would
> like another clean,just to add link to external app with ICON on
> settings page.
> Thanks

For a supported solution, just export and edit and import the site map.
 HTH,
Dave

Sourab Gupta wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got some other option without changing the isv.config file....
> This way u can integrate your web application in the settings page as a link
> ..the way u want it to integrate....
>
> Like Consider this is the path where your CRM is installed...
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM
>
> Just go to this location..
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb\Tools
>
> n find map_xml.aspx
>

> View the structure of this file and place your link there......
>
> The code is as follows......
>
> <page id="1009">
> <title>Create Account Link</title>
> <icon>_imgs/ico_business.gif</icon>
> <help>Web Application</help>
> <link inline="1">http://localhost/pass_url_to_crm/WebForm1.aspx</link>
> </page>
>

> This will place an icon for your web application........
>
> Thanks
> Sourab Gupta
>

> "is_vlb50@hotmail.com" wrote:
>
> > I want to add to setting my custom deveoped aspx form.I need to change
> > ISV.config file.What section should be updated?
> > P.S.
> > The solution can be to add custom entity and use IFRAME.But I would
> > like another clean,just to add link to external app with ICON on
> > settings page.
> > Thanks

0
Dave
9/5/2006 6:52:57 PM
At site map there is no option to change items in Settings. But you
right, that I can add another link like Settings on same level.
Another question related to previous:
I would like to put my custom asp net project to ms crm server.I want
to refence its URL as relative path:    "/mycrm/myform.aspx"
I got error regarding different section in my web.config file(which is
in conflict with MS CRM web.config).The only solution that I found is
to create a new Web Site with different AppPool and reference in Site
Map like "http://NewSite//mycrm/myform.aspx"
Thanks

Dave Carr (dave- no spam-@vscrm.com wrote:
> For a supported solution, just export and edit and import the site map.
>  HTH,
> Dave
>
> Sourab Gupta wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I got some other option without changing the isv.config file....
> > This way u can integrate your web application in the settings page as a link
> > ..the way u want it to integrate....
> >
> > Like Consider this is the path where your CRM is installed...
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM
> >
> > Just go to this location..
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb\Tools
> >
> > n find map_xml.aspx
> >

> > View the structure of this file and place your link there......
> >
> > The code is as follows......
> >
> > <page id="1009">
> > <title>Create Account Link</title>
> > <icon>_imgs/ico_business.gif</icon>
> > <help>Web Application</help>
> > <link inline="1">http://localhost/pass_url_to_crm/WebForm1.aspx</link>
> > </page>
> >

> > This will place an icon for your web application........
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sourab Gupta
> >

> > "is_vlb50@hotmail.com" wrote:
> >
> > > I want to add to setting my custom deveoped aspx form.I need to change
> > > ISV.config file.What section should be updated?
> > > P.S.
> > > The solution can be to add custom entity and use IFRAME.But I would
> > > like another clean,just to add link to external app with ICON on
> > > settings page.
> > > Thanks

0
is_vlb50

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

When Customer Details are added in POS
hi we are planning to develop in POS software....we are in analysis phase.....I have a one doubt....when a new customer is arrived to ur store....his/her details want to be stored...When these details can be stored at the time of check out or Check in??? please suggest Dayaa I'm not sure exactly what you are asking about. Are you asking about MS RMS, MS POS or a custome POS application that you are planning to develop? In any of those cases, you should be able to create a new customer record at any time. To do this at the point of sale, it makes the most sense to do it at the begi...

Using CRM Application Pool for Custom ASP.NET application
Hi All I am having 2 server based CRM configuration set that is CRM database is on other server, My intallation on multi server went well and CRM is working fine. I have asp.net application which also uses the same database server as CRM and it is deployed on CRM web server. I have added this ASP.NET application to the Application Pool that CRM is using so that I don't have problem in Connecting to Database server however though CRM is able to connect to the database my ASP.NET application is not getting trusted connection on sql server. What am i doing wrong here? Do I have to ...

CToolBarCtrl.Customize() dialog could delete button but not insert
CToolBarCtrl.Customize() dialog could delete button but not insert A CToolBar is created during FrameWindow::OnCreate(), In response to a Menu of Customize tool bar, Add handle to this Menu by GetToolBarCtrl plus ToolBarCtrl.Customize(). As you know if the Framewindow does not response to the WM_NOTIFY of TBN_QUERYINSERT message with result of TRUE, the Tool bar customize dialog screen will gone with a flash. So add two handle in Framewindow of TBN_QUERYINSERT and TBN_QUERYDELETE, now the tool bar customize dialog display correctly. You can delete the button, buttons deleted display in the B...

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Printing two sheets on 1 page
Is it possible in Excel to print out two sheets on a single page. i.e. I'd like to print out cells A1 to L25 on sheet1 then cells A1 to G9 on sheet2. Thanks for the help, Chris Ok I found how to print more than 1 sheet per page but is there a way to specify how much of a page to print. I'd like sheet 1 to take up 2/3's of the page and sheet 2 to take up the bottom 1/3 of the page. Thanks, Chris ...

Format text to add character

can't customize outlook today #3
when i click on the customize outlook today button, nothing happen. am i missing something? i'd love to hear from you if you have any ideas about what's happening. thanks! ...

Delete button missing on HQ Global Customers list
I have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server are running HQ 1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access opens HQ Manager, enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global Customers, the Delete button is visible for a split second and then vanishes. The one user that can see and use the Delete button can use it from any PC, so it appears to be related to the user account, except that the button is missing when running HQ Manager on the Server. As far as I can tell, the users that cannot see the Delete button have exactly the same permissions and level. There...

Chart axis custom date format
Dear all! Excel 2003, charting. On Y axis I have scale from 0 to 7, and when I go to "format axis- number-custom" I can input formula "[Blue][<4]#.###,0;[Red][>4]#.###, 0;#.###,0" which colors the scale as I would like. On X axis I have dates (1.jan.06, 1.feb.06, 1.mar.06....1.jun.08). Is it possible to write similar formula as above on x axis - for instance if date is less than 1.jan.07 then color it red, if less than 1.jan 08 than color it blue? This would allow to have on X axis only date format "mmm" and the colors would help differentiate between yea...

How can I make multiple pages of the template for avery 5305?
I downloaded the template for Avery 5305 but I am having a hard time making multiple pages. I am using Woord 2003. Please help!! See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_labels_with_word_xp.htm or http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>&...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

Custom Button #2
Hi I need help to creat custom Button for some of my item code/Item description What sould I put on Comand ? Hello: http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/rms_create_custom_button.mspx Wilfredo "Gill" wrote: > Hi > I need help to creat custom Button for some of my item code/Item description > What sould I put on Comand ? Don't know if you found your answer but this is how you do it: Leave ItemID as 0 and just put in the ItemLookupCode, if you want a Matrix put in the MatrixLookupCode. PerformAddItem 0, ITEMLOOKUPCODE, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0 Rob ...

excel add-ons

hesitating custom animations
My high school students are creating a PowerPoint 2007 presentation based on a song. The song has been inserted into the presentation from the server (the same folder where their presentation is). Some of them are having problems with the animations they have added. When a slide first starts the animation will hesitate (stutter) and then complete normally. It tends to happen on the first animation of some slides. 2007 doesn't seem to handle "by letter" animations well. Get the students to not use this and see if it improves. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk ...

Map Add-On?

VBA to page down in a subform
Hi, I have a tab control in a subform that is twice as long as the subform. When I hit a certain field in the tab control I want the subform to automatically page down so the user see's the entire botton half of the tab control contents. Is there a way to do this? Right now when I navigate through the fields fields and get to the bottom half of the tab control it only shows the field with the focus at the bottom of the form and nothing below. Thanks, Ken I think the easiest way to do this would be to set focus to a control at the bottom of the form and then move ...