add contact attribute to contact form

I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form.
I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for
something else.
The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer',
so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for
the value of 'parent customer'.
I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address
attributes of the contact.
Can anyone suggest how I might do this?
Thanks,
Lorraine.

--
Lorraine Quigley
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Lorraine,
You can't add a new attribute - it's a CRM limitation  - annoying, isn't it?

What you can do is add the contact as a relationship (the Relationships menu
option on the side nav bar).
First (one off) you'll need to set up two relationship roles - one for the
Introducer and one for the Introducee(?!).  You can then create a
Relationship between the two parties from the Relationships view.
Unfortunately, this isn't an easy thing to force the user to do.

Once you have done that, you can put in a callout to populate the address
when the customer relationship is created.

HTH,
R.

"Lorraine Quigley" wrote:

> I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form.
> I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for
> something else.
> The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer',
> so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for
> the value of 'parent customer'.
> I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address
> attributes of the contact.
> Can anyone suggest how I might do this?
> Thanks,
> Lorraine.
>
> --
> Lorraine Quigley
Hi Reece,
Thanks for the info. It's pretty much what I thought, but I couldn't quite
believe it!
Please can you tell me how to put in a callout to populate the address once
the relationship is created, and will I be able to access these address
attributes in mail merge?
Thanks again,
Lorraine.
--
Lorraine Quigley

"Reece Williams" wrote:

> Lorraine,
> You can't add a new attribute - it's a CRM limitation  - annoying, isn't it?
>
> What you can do is add the contact as a relationship (the Relationships menu
> option on the side nav bar).
> First (one off) you'll need to set up two relationship roles - one for the
> Introducer and one for the Introducee(?!).  You can then create a
> Relationship between the two parties from the Relationships view.
> Unfortunately, this isn't an easy thing to force the user to do.
>
> Once you have done that, you can put in a callout to populate the address
> when the customer relationship is created.
>
> HTH,
> R.
>

> "Lorraine Quigley" wrote:
>
> > I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form.
> > I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for
> > something else.
> > The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer',
> > so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for
> > the value of 'parent customer'.
> > I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address
> > attributes of the contact.
> > Can anyone suggest how I might do this?
> > Thanks,
> > Lorraine.
> >
> > --
> > Lorraine Quigley
Lorraine,

If you download the CRM SDK from MS, it has examples / notes on how to
create callouts. Basically you create a .Net dll that CRM calls when you tell
it to using a config xml file (eg post create).

The dll is supplied with XML representing the record you create and you use
this to determine the two parties involved in the relationship.

You can then retrieve the full contact records of each party, transfer the
address details and save.

It's actually a lot easier than that sounds, as this is one thing that MS
really did a good job on.

HTH,
R.

"Lorraine Quigley" wrote:

> Hi Reece,
> Thanks for the info. It's pretty much what I thought, but I couldn't quite
> believe it!
> Please can you tell me how to put in a callout to populate the address once
> the relationship is created, and will I be able to access these address
> attributes in mail merge?
> Thanks again,
> Lorraine.
> --
> Lorraine Quigley
>

> "Reece Williams" wrote:
>
> > Lorraine,
> > You can't add a new attribute - it's a CRM limitation  - annoying, isn't it?
> >
> > What you can do is add the contact as a relationship (the Relationships menu
> > option on the side nav bar).
> > First (one off) you'll need to set up two relationship roles - one for the
> > Introducer and one for the Introducee(?!).  You can then create a
> > Relationship between the two parties from the Relationships view.
> > Unfortunately, this isn't an easy thing to force the user to do.
> >
> > Once you have done that, you can put in a callout to populate the address
> > when the customer relationship is created.
> >
> > HTH,
> > R.
> >

> > "Lorraine Quigley" wrote:
> >
> > > I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form.
> > > I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for
> > > something else.
> > > The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer',
> > > so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for
> > > the value of 'parent customer'.
> > > I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address
> > > attributes of the contact.
> > > Can anyone suggest how I might do this?
> > > Thanks,
> > > Lorraine.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Lorraine Quigley
Forgot to add - you will be able to use them in a mail merge.
R.

"Lorraine Quigley" wrote:

> Hi Reece,
> Thanks for the info. It's pretty much what I thought, but I couldn't quite
> believe it!
> Please can you tell me how to put in a callout to populate the address once
> the relationship is created, and will I be able to access these address
> attributes in mail merge?
> Thanks again,
> Lorraine.
> --
> Lorraine Quigley
>

> "Reece Williams" wrote:
>
> > Lorraine,
> > You can't add a new attribute - it's a CRM limitation  - annoying, isn't it?
> >
> > What you can do is add the contact as a relationship (the Relationships menu
> > option on the side nav bar).
> > First (one off) you'll need to set up two relationship roles - one for the
> > Introducer and one for the Introducee(?!).  You can then create a
> > Relationship between the two parties from the Relationships view.
> > Unfortunately, this isn't an easy thing to force the user to do.
> >
> > Once you have done that, you can put in a callout to populate the address
> > when the customer relationship is created.
> >
> > HTH,
> > R.
> >

> > "Lorraine Quigley" wrote:
> >
> > > I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form.
> > > I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for
> > > something else.
> > > The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer',
> > > so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for
> > > the value of 'parent customer'.
> > > I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address
> > > attributes of the contact.
> > > Can anyone suggest how I might do this?
> > > Thanks,
> > > Lorraine.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Lorraine Quigley
Reece,
That's great, thanks. Some of the samples cover something very similar. I
have had to install visual studio 2003 as the dlls built with VS 2005 produce
an error.
Lorraine.
--
Lorraine Quigley

"Reece Williams" wrote:

> Forgot to add - you will be able to use them in a mail merge.
> R.
>
> "Lorraine Quigley" wrote:
>
> > Hi Reece,
> > Thanks for the info. It's pretty much what I thought, but I couldn't quite
> > believe it!
> > Please can you tell me how to put in a callout to populate the address once
> > the relationship is created, and will I be able to access these address
> > attributes in mail merge?
> > Thanks again,
> > Lorraine.
> > --
> > Lorraine Quigley
> >

> > "Reece Williams" wrote:
> >
> > > Lorraine,
> > > You can't add a new attribute - it's a CRM limitation  - annoying, isn't it?
> > >
> > > What you can do is add the contact as a relationship (the Relationships menu
> > > option on the side nav bar).
> > > First (one off) you'll need to set up two relationship roles - one for the
> > > Introducer and one for the Introducee(?!).  You can then create a
> > > Relationship between the two parties from the Relationships view.
> > > Unfortunately, this isn't an easy thing to force the user to do.
> > >
> > > Once you have done that, you can put in a callout to populate the address
> > > when the customer relationship is created.
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > > R.

Office Rebate Form
Where might I find the rebate form? There is a link in the newsletter which doesn't work. Is there another place to look for it? Thanks! Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about! What rebate form? What newsletter? On 12/09/07 10:22 AM, in article 1189558341.483611.232980@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "WildernessFlyFishers@gmail.com" <WildernessFlyFishers@gmail.com> wrote: > Where might I find the rebate form? There is a link in the newsletter > which doesn't work. Is there another place to look for it? > > Thanks! > -- Don&#...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

form cell question in Ver2000
I have a large sheet with email addresses in a column that only displays "yes" with the letters in a gray shaded area. When I hover over the cell the underlying email address becomes visible. I need to find a way to create a column of the email addresses. Any help will be appreciated. James It sounds like someone added hyperlinks to your worksheet. If you select the cell and do Insert|Hyperlink, do you see the email address in a nice dialog? If yes, you can use a user defined function to extract that link (including email address). Saved from a previous post: One way to e...

Excel Add Ins

Resolving addresses from contacts folder
Hi, How can i resolve the addresses in the Contacts folder that do not show up in the Address Book? These email addresses show as underlined in the contacts folder but yet dont appear in the address book. Thanks for any help Ramesh Your contacts folder is set to be viewed as an address book? It should be! Resolving addresses works differently. "Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in message news:%23p0C$jflIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How can i resolve the addresses in the Contacts folder that do not show up > in the Address Book? These...

Calling Forms
Usually when i write a Visual C++ program i use Dialogs insted of Forms. When i want to call a dialog i use the Dialog.DoModal(), but how can i call a Form? Ricardo Furtado wrote: > Usually when i write a Visual C++ program i use Dialogs insted of Forms. When > i want to call a dialog i use the Dialog.DoModal(), but how can i call a > Form? > If you have a document/view app, what is usually done is to switch the view from one formview to another, within the same frame window. Sample code is shown at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141334 -- ...

Add on

View of Excel form is different on different computers.
A common form being shared on the network displays differently on different computers. We have varying versions of Office with different windows operating systems. The form views fine on the Windows 98 system with Excel 2000. All of the other systems are newer with Windows 2000 or XP using equal or newer versions of Excel. They show the form displayed with all of the columns squeezed together. Is there a way to make the form view the same on all computers regardless of operating system and Excel version? You've partially answered your own question - the more disparity between ...

Detect username or user attributes with client script.
Is there a piece of code I can use on the client side that will either: A. detect the users security role or an attribute of the user or B. detect the users username I'm looking to make certain fields read-only based on the user. We have about 5 users that should not have access to change half of the fields under cases. I want to be able to do the following in the onload event: If username = Bob, field 1.readonly = true or If UserAttribute = Foo, Field1.readonly = true You and me both. From what I understand, this data cannot be exposed through the JScript methods currently supporte...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Select Names Listing for Sending Emails to Contacts
My Outlook 2002 Contacts list is set up to show last names first, and contacts are filed accordingly. However, when I compose an email and try to Select Name, the contacts are listed with first names first. How can I correct this so that contacts will be listed last name first there, also? Tools, e-mail accounts, view /modify address books - properties of outlook address book - choose 'file as' and close. Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other viruses sent to you....see ht...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Use Parameter Data to populate a form field
I am trying to figure out how to take the data I enter from a parameter query to populate a field on a form. Include the parameter(s) as a computed column(s) in the query, e.g. PARAMETERS [Enter start date:] DATETIME, [Enter end date:] DATETIME; SELECT SomeField, SomeOtherField, [Enter start date:] AS StartDate, [Enter end date:] AS EndDate FROM SomeTable WHERE DateField BETWEEN [Enter start date:] AND [Enter end date:]; In the above example you can then bind text box controls on the form to the StartDate and EndDate fields. Ken Sheridan Stafford, England JudyKemp w...

Quote Form
I am having a lot of difficulty doing modifications to the quote form beyond adding the company logo. I am using CRM 3.0, Outlook 2007, Word 2007. A couple of the issues are: 1) If disconnected from the domain (on laptop offline) can not connect to data source. 2) When on the network and select the quote table other fields indicate they are missing and Word wants to remove them. We are not interested in adding a 3rd party product and would really like to get this working with the tools provided in CRM. Has anybody had success with creating a nice custome quote form in Word, or am I wai...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Importing contacts and connecting them to the related customer
After several attempts I finally succeeded in importing my accounts from Outlook. Now, I'm trying to import the contacts from Outlook into CRM 3.0. Simply importing the contacts works fine, but I want to connect my contacts directly to the account. The bulk import offers this possibility but what data does it expect to make the connection? I've tried the account name but import fails for each line with error message 0x8004032d (Data in row does not match the import type) "Arthur Vuijk" <Arthur Vuijk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02FCC072-4603-...

Map Add-On?

Formula in a form
I have a form that holds about 8 comboboxes. The comboboxes contain two choices in the dropdown, "Open" and "Closed." I would like for everytime somebody clicks on "Open," every other combobox that contains "Open" will turn to "Closed." Please provide suggestions if you know how to do this. Thanks. On Nov 15, 6:44 am, Chris J. <Chr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a form that holds about 8 comboboxes. The comboboxes contain two > choices in the dropdown, "Open" and "Closed." I would like f...