Activity workflow - assign - event triggered when follow-up task created - CRM 3.0

Hi,

I have created a workflow rule under Task > Assign with an action to send an
e-mail to the owner stating a task has been assigned to them.

The rule works great to notify users when tasks are assigned to them,
however, it seems to be additionally triggered when a user Creates a new
task using the "Follow-up" (Form Assistant).  In this case it causes an
e-mail to go out to the individual creating the task, which is more of a
nuissance than anything.

Has anyone experienced this or have an alternative?

Thank you,

Graeme

0
gcanivet (14)
8/20/2008 1:59:52 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

before sending an email, You could check if the Task.Owner equals
Task.Modifyed By, and send the email only if it is not (meaning, send email
only when the Task is not assigned to self).

Hope this helps,
Jevgenij

"Graeme Canivet" <gcanivet@remax-oa.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have created a workflow rule under Task > Assign with an action to send
> an e-mail to the owner stating a task has been assigned to them.
>
> The rule works great to notify users when tasks are assigned to them,
> however, it seems to be additionally triggered when a user Creates a new
> task using the "Follow-up" (Form Assistant).  In this case it causes an
> e-mail to go out to the individual creating the task, which is more of a
> nuissance than anything.
>
> Has anyone experienced this or have an alternative?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Graeme

Hi Jevgenij,

Good idea, but unfortunately the "Modified By" field is not available for
Task conditions. At least not as far as I can tell... Any other thoughts?

Thanks

"Jevgenij Martynenko" <jevgenij_martynenko.no.spam@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:E1801996-8E54-452B-8D60-08EBDE978271@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> before sending an email, You could check if the Task.Owner equals
> Task.Modifyed By, and send the email only if it is not (meaning, send
> email only when the Task is not assigned to self).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Jevgenij
>
> "Graeme Canivet" <gcanivet@remax-oa.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have created a workflow rule under Task > Assign with an action to send
>> an e-mail to the owner stating a task has been assigned to them.
>>
>> The rule works great to notify users when tasks are assigned to them,
>> however, it seems to be additionally triggered when a user Creates a new
>> task using the "Follow-up" (Form Assistant).  In this case it causes an
>> e-mail to go out to the individual creating the task, which is more of a
>> nuissance than anything.
>>
>> Has anyone experienced this or have an alternative?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Graeme

0
gcanivet (14)
8/26/2008 7:05:50 PM
Sorry, I didn't notice this was a question about CRM version 3, but not 4
(Modified By field is available in version 4).
The only way I can think about right now is, that you could:

1) add a 'bit' type attribute to the Task entity called for example 'Notify
Owner'
2) write a callout on Assign for a Task entity to set this parameter to
true, if the task has been assigned to anyone except the owner
3) check the 'Notify Owner' attribute in your workflow and act accordingly

But... since in CRM 3.0 there are some problems with callouts (they don't
work every time they should), there is a possibility that your callout would
only work for a manual task creation, but not for batch operations, which
distribute activities, like Distributing Campaign Activities, Quick
Campaigns, etc.
Never tried this scenario, so I can't tell for sure.

Maybe someone could offer an easier solution... :)

> Hi Jevgenij,
>
> Good idea, but unfortunately the "Modified By" field is not available for
> Task conditions. At least not as far as I can tell... Any other thoughts?
>
> Thanks
>

> "Jevgenij Martynenko" <jevgenij_martynenko.no.spam@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:E1801996-8E54-452B-8D60-08EBDE978271@microsoft.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> before sending an email, You could check if the Task.Owner equals
>> Task.Modifyed By, and send the email only if it is not (meaning, send
>> email only when the Task is not assigned to self).
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Jevgenij
>>
>> "Graeme Canivet" <gcanivet@remax-oa.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have created a workflow rule under Task > Assign with an action to
>>> send an e-mail to the owner stating a task has been assigned to them.
>>>
>>> The rule works great to notify users when tasks are assigned to them,
>>> however, it seems to be additionally triggered when a user Creates a new
>>> task using the "Follow-up" (Form Assistant).  In this case it causes an
>>> e-mail to go out to the individual creating the task, which is more of a
>>> nuissance than anything.
>>>
>>> Has anyone experienced this or have an alternative?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Graeme

Non-deliverable on Task
All, The issue is Manager has assigned a task in Outlook to Staff. Later on, Manager modified the task and save it, then Manager got a NDR. The error says, Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Task Update: Test Sent: 10/14/2008 12:57 PM The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: STAFF on 10/14/2008 12:57 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=OurDomain:MBEXCH01 Please advise. Thanks Calvin ...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Disclaimer in Exchange 2003 #3
Hi, Is there any option in Exchange 2003 to add a message (Just like Disclaimer or Signature) to all outgoing Messages without using any third party S/W. If no, is there any freeware software available to achive this. Please Help.. Thanks, Vineet The free GFI module? http://www.msexchange.org/news/Disclaimer_software_for_Exchange_Server_provided_free_by_GFI.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Vineet" <Vineet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1740AA0-078F-4898-BC8E-4BF8E8A6A117@mic...

Allow users to type a year in date drop-down. (Dex 9.0)
In Dexterity version 9, a drop-down has been added to the date control. In this drop-down, you can click on the year to get focus on it. You can then change the year using the up and down arrows on the keyboard or the buttons next to the year field. What you cannot do is type the year that you would like. In previous version, we used a lookup window to pick a date, but now that this drop-down is there, and we cannot disable it, we have removed our own calendar lookup. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

Customers receiving multiple workflow emails
We have a workflow in place that automatically emails customers upon order creation. Customers are reporting multiple emails for the same order. I confirmed this through Exchange message tracking. This doesn't occur with all order confirmations...but it does occur with more than one customer and more than one domain. Has anyone else seen anything like this? How can I troubleshoot the Exchange router? This workflow has been in place for over a year and has just started doing this. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you. use the workflow monitor to try and track the instance...

Outlook 2007 Can't Create Signature
I thought I'd add this here just in case someone had a similar problem: Pressing the signature button within Outlook 2007 options didn't cause the signature editor to appear (also the editor options didn't cause the editor options to appear) Fix: I'd noticed earlier in the day that I couldn't "view source" from within internet explorer. Deleting the temporary internet files fixed this, and the problems above. HTH Regards, Mark ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

how to create custom lookup (is c360 really the only way?)
I have checked out the SDK in hopes of learning how I could create a custom lookup that would sit on the menu bar of the contacts view just like the Contact Look up does now... I do understand that the primary field is the one that is used for the lookup but I'd like to add another. It's just a pain to have every one have to go to an advanced search... I've read everything in this news group about this and it doesn't look like people have had much success with it... has anyone? The c360 solution is pretty sharp looking. But $100 a seat just to add a custom search featur...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Activex component cant create object
HI,After i setup user security in my database, i get this error message when i try to create a new object like a query or a form with a wizard."ActiveX component cant create object".I have logged on as user in admin group with all permission granted. what could i have missed?thanks for any helpRamesh No CW, i did not split the db.I simply used the wizard to set user security from a remote PC on the network. Then i wrkgadm.exe to join to the secured.mdw on the PC hosting the db.Ramesh"Cheese_whiz" <Cheesewhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12C2E216...

after outlook express 6 exits, msimn.exe is still listed on the task list
after outlook express 6 exits, msimn.exe is still listed on the task list and continues to cause system crashes until exited through control-alt-delete. anyone had this problem before or know what to do? my hard/software: windows 98 SE, celeron 500 MHz, Voodoo 3 3000, 12.1 gig hard drive, 196 megs ram, all the latest windows update patches installed, norton antivirus+systemworks, dsl connection w/ 2Wire modem THANKS THANKS THANKS Steve Steve <steve@wallsoftware.com> wrote: > after outlook express 6 exits, msimn.exe is still listed > on the task list and continues to caus...

Formula to get data from files #3
Thanks for the reply. Using your formula, I get the filename and the cell number in C, bu how do I get the results of that cell number. I need to type the name of the file in A and a certain cell of tha file in B and have the formula go to that file and get the value o that cell. Thanks agai -- greasybo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greasybob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=792 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26321 ...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Global variable #3
Visual C++ 6.0 Is it possible to use the declaration "BYTE* buf = new BYTE[8000000]" in the ..h file for global use by multiple routines? If so, how do I clear the array to load different data into it? Thanks Ed wrote: > Visual C++ 6.0 > > Is it possible to use the declaration "BYTE* buf = new BYTE[8000000]" in the > .h file for global use by multiple routines? > If so, how do I clear the array to load different data into it? > Thanks How to create a global: // h file extern BYTE* g_buf; // in a function in one cpp file g_buf = new BYTE[8000000];...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Scheduled task "Error # 70 was generated by VBAProjectPermission
"Error # 70 was generated by VBAProjectPermission denied" Is generated when the statement Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Is executed in a scheduled task but not when the Auto_Open macro in excel is triggered any other way. What do I need to do to enable me to get permission.? ...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

workflow rule - customer's first order
I have difficulty in creating a workflow rule for creating an activity when a new customer makes a first order. Can somebody help me out!! ...

MT2OFX Version 3.1
Hi all, Just a quick note for anyone who's interested in a program to convert downloaded statements in text, CSV and MT940 formats to QIF and OFX. I've just extended my freeware program to allow easy mapping of the payee to a standard form. I know Money already has something like this but the difference is that MT2OFX works on patterns (regular expressions) so it can handle dates, sequence numbers etc. in the payee field. For those of you who don't know the program, it is script-driven and (if someone writes the appropriate script!) handle any text-based format. I'm a...

can't create a new folder
Office 2003 on XP Outlook is refusing to create a new folder, but at a previous job, I know I had more. What type of email account? What exactly happens when you try? Are you creating a new pst file or just folders within your current message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEA...

Follow up to Calculated Field question .....
The syntax worked fine for that. Now I'm wondering two more things ... In one of the tables I have multiple identical room numbers that I need to combine in this calculated field to determine a price for each room. Plus, I also need to determine a number for income generated based upon the number of days the romm is rented. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks ...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Creating new distribution list?
I want to create a distribution list of people I can send emails to from users in our Exchange database. 1. How do I create a new distribution list? 2. How can I import users into this list without having to retype them all? Thanks! Are the contacts in your local contacts folder or in the GAL on the exchanges server? Do you have a text file of the addresses you want in the DL? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe...

VBA using arrays in creating cell formula
I have the following Code that writes a following formula to a cell" Worksheets("Summary").Range("H18").Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT(""'""&AllSheets&""'!""&CELL(""address"",a1)),"">0""))" The above code includes the use of a named range called "AllSheets". I created this named range by listing all sheets in the workbook in a column, selecting them and naming the selection "AllSheets" I would like to have the code do this or be...