Activity views 09-26-05

Folks

When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no
obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is
difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to
open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time
consuming.

Any ideas?

Regards
Gavin
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the
activity views at least in a supported fashion.

If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity
view you will find some unsupported methods.

Microsoft CRM V3 will allow you to customize activity views
"Gavin Urtel" <GavinUrtel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Folks
>
> When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no
> obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is
> difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having
> open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time
> consuming.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards
> Gavin

0
John
9/27/2005 1:09:37 AM
Hi,

A little part Microsoft forgot.
Replace "crm" with your servername or url.
Then you can add the date column.

http://crm/tools/vieweditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903}

hth

Regards,
Nathan

"Gavin Urtel" wrote:

> Folks
>
> When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no
> obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is
> difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to
> open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time
> consuming.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards
> Gavin

Popup dialog controls in doc/view app
Hi, I'm working on a text editor project using RichEditCtrl as my starting point. I want to be able to programatically (like on a WM_LBUTTONDOWN or something) create things like combo boxes, rich edit controls, etc. and so far haven't had much joy. Should I be able to use the Create method to achieve the desired effect? In my project I have the files that have been generated by Visual Studio and I was thinking that I might have to declare a variable: myProjectView.h ---------------- CRichEditCtrl m_myRichEdit; and then create it: myProjectView.cpp ------------------ m_myRichEdit...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

E-Mail TreeView View: How to handle?
Hi folks, I would like to make a view like a Newsgroup View. If somebody wrote a mail to me and I answer on this mail I would like to see this messages as a TreeView. Is this possible to handle with VBA? Does somebody have code? Thank you very much in advance. Timur Zanagar <zanagar@clockworkz.de> wrote: > I would like to make a view like a Newsgroup View. If somebody wrote a > mail to me and I answer on this mail I would like to see this messages > as a TreeView. Doesn't View>Arrange By>Conversation do what you want? -- Brian Tillman No, because I need this ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Doc / View
I have a project that is using the MFC Doc / View archetechture. From the main menue, on File | New I've added code that starts a dialog: void CMainFrame::OnFileNew() { m_gridDlg.DoModal(); } The dialog sets two values, m_GridSizeX and m_GridSizeY in the CGridDlg class. I need to use these values in the MyprojView class. How can I retreive the values? I have tried this statement in the MyprojView.cpp file: GridSizeX = CGridDlg::m_GridSizeX; This results in the compile error: "illegal reference to data member 'CGridDlg::m_GridSizeX' in a static member function" ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Saving all files in View List format.
I WOULD LIKE TO SAVE ALL OF MY WORD FILES IN A VIEW LIST FORMAT. I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THIS A MACRO FUNCTION. Turn off your caps lock (caps are considered shouting!) and explain exactly what you mean, with which Word version. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> &qu...

Viewing of HTML Email Content w/ Embedded Images
Currently, we are receiving email feed into our application via POP3. What we would like to do is to view (and possibly work with) HTML emails, including those with embedded images, without having to save anything to disk, or any other "messy" operations. Reason being that some of our clients have restrictive disk access policies. Now from my understanding of HTML email, embedded images are actually attached files that are then referenced by a link in the email. To view in a HTML viewer, the image needs to be saved to disk somewhere. Is this correct, or can it be...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Charts in Access 07-09-07
I need to create a chart that presents the trend of the foreign exchange rate Where do I begin? Thank you, Samuel "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:eZDkX8lwHHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I need to create a chart that presents the trend of the foreign exchange >rate > > Where do I begin? I would export the data that you wish to use to an Excel range. Use the range as a source for an Excel chart. At least until Office 2007, Excel had a better implementation of the chart engine used by both programs. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP ...

Custom Views
I have two questions: 1. Currently, our patient treatment schedule is in a Word table which requires manual calculation of treatment dates. The info is then entered (typed) into the table, and distributed to different parties. Parts of the table is retyped into second and third "lists" for permanent record. When treatment is completed, their info is deleted from the Word schedule after being retyped into another table (whew!) I have set up an excel worksheet that includes the patient information and calculates treatment dates. I am using Custom Views to filter information o...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

No slideshow view for this presentation
Hello while using VBA in powerpoint im getting this error no slide show view for this presentation on the line of code ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide (2) it has only just started to do this and was working fine before this anybody know why this is happening? thanks Nick On 1/20/10 9:04 AM, in article a196664b-c1e6-487a-8806-9c650237fcbc@p24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, "Nickooo87" <mmmm_superman87@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Hello while using VBA in powerpoint im getting this error > > no slide show view for this presentation ...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

How can i a resource to an Document/view application?
Hello, i am trying to add an dialog to Document/View application? but i cannt, how can i attach the dialog to the Document? is there a way? thanks cNetWork wrote: > Hello, > i am trying to add an dialog to Document/View application? but i > cannt, > how can i attach the dialog to the Document? is there a way? cNetwork: What does "attach the dialog to the Document" mean? If you have added a dialog template in the resource editor, then you must associate a CDialog-derived class with it. This class can be instanciated and displayed anywhere in your code (provided you...

Determine cluster mode Active/Active or Active/Passive??
This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering. We have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job. I need to apply the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the process down. What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and excluster2. If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have both and both are online. Same deal with Active Resources. So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup? Thanks for any info Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Excha...

Quick Campaign creating duplicate activities
When I run a quick campaign for either a contact list or an account list, I get 2 activities per contact or account. It does it for any activity type (e-mail, letter, etc) Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know how (or even where to start) to fix this? If I create a quick campaign for 5 contacts, I would like only 5 activities to be created. Thanks Seems like some how your deployment has duplicate workflow process definition for bulk operation. This definition is created during setup. I dont know how your system might have got into that state. Did you run installation or repair ...

Open datasheet view from switchboard
I know how to do this...rather, I have done it in the past with previous versions. I am using Access 2007. I need to add a switchboard argument that opens a form in datasheet mode. Why Microsoft has not made this choice available is anyone's guess. Anyhoo, I can't find the Switchboard code. I go to form design and all there are for event handling are a few embedded macros. If I View Code, the only code is what I have written for other forms. Please someone tell me what completely stupid thing I am not thinking of. 1. Create a macro or function to open the form in dat...

Workflow multiplicate activities
I have created 4 workflows for one entity. Each of them starts when the value of custom picklist has been changed. Each of the workflows has stop line at the end. Unfortunatelly for some picklist options there are 4-5 times more created duplicate activities. Is there somebody, who can tell me what is the reason for that ? Best regards, Omega ...

Mail-merge set as default to create activities?
Hello, After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to create activities for these records, does anyone know if you can get it to default to yes rather then no. My client would like to try and stop people from forgetting to clieck yes! Thanks, Katherine If you have an onpremise deployment then you can go and update the <wwwroot>\tools\mailmerge\trackactivities.aspx page and move the checked option from radio button "radNoTrack" to "radTrack". "K" wrote: > Hello, > > After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to cre...